Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige (18571 Views)

ASUU Strike: UTAS Can Be Ready In Three Weeks - ASUU / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. / ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by anomalous11(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2020
Strike: Why FG will continue to pay ASUU through IPPIS – Ngige

THE Federal Government has said that for the University Transparency and Accountability Solution, UTAS, to be used as an alternative platform to the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System, IPPIS, there must be a hardware backing the system.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, had opposed the introduction of IPPIS as the payment platform, claiming that it did not take care of their peculiarities and had came up with UTAS.

But the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige has said that even if the UTAS passed the integrity test, it required the hardware to protect it against hacking and other challenges that could affect its efficiency.

Speaking to State House correspondents after meeting behind closed doors with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Senator said even if government accepted the payment mode for lecturers who had rejected being placed on IPPIS, ASUU has no money to procure the necessary hardware for its implementation.

The Minister said that the Federal Government did not make any budgetary provision for the procurement of the UTAS hardware and wondered if the union has the required finances for such a project.

Ngige, however, said government has already forwarded the UTAS software to the Nigeria Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) for integrity test, saying that government will not want to discourage any Nigerian from providing homegrown solutions to issues.

Asked if government had shifted grounds on its negotiations with ASUU, the minister stated: “No, the UTAS, that is the University Transparent System which they brought is not yet ready. It is not fully ready, it is undergoing integrity test for the software. I am not computer scientist, but you must also know that you must test the hardware in the integrity test for the software.

“As we speak, ASUU has no hardware and UTAS does not have hardware backing.

“I am waiting for the NITDA full report but the preliminary report they gave me, the software integrity test will take them about six to eight weeks and thereafter, we go to the hardware. But the big issue is, who will provide the hardware?

“ASUU doesn’t have the finances to do so. Has government budgeted for it now as we speak? So, that one is a major problem. But we don’t have to dissuade anybody, we don’t have to tell anybody not to carry on, we like local content development, we need our things to be home grown. So, we are really encouraging them.

“By the time we finish with this other software test to look at its capacity, its ability to withstand shock and hacking etc, the hardware test is in, hacking and security. So, by the time we finish it, we will decide on what to do.

“But do not also forget that we need to have something for us to make payment to them as we speak. For those that have got into the system, they have pointed out some of the deficiency and they are being corrected. it’s work in progress.”

Ngige noted that since ASUU opted out of physical meetings with government because the outbreak of Covid-19, the sessions are just about to resume.

He added: “As you know ASUU is on strike which they started since March 9, 2020 to be precise. We have held negotiations meetings, they opted out for the negotiation meetings during the COVID-19 period because they said they don’t want virtual meetings. So, we have just resumed our meeting.

“We have some grey areas to clear and we will meet sometime this week. I’m waiting for one or two reports before I communicate a date to them.

“The major report is the report from the Nigeria Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) as per the system developed by ASUU which the government sent to them for integrity test.”

He also faulted the claim by ASUU that the government had not fulfilled any of the promises made to the union, adding that out of the nine points demands of the university te
achers, six had been attended to.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/strike-why-fg-will-continue-to-pay-ASUU-through-ippis-ngige-2/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by operAhdam: 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
E don be for ASUU,,make I go marry wink

36 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by sodiqapril(m): 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
"even if he presents NEPA bill as certificate we will still vote for him" this is what you get when s country of over 100m votes in an illetrate cattle rearer as president.... No value for education

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Druggey(m): 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2020
son of a b*tch.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by NairalandSARS: 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2020
Na wa
Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by sinkhole: 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
Hardware backing? I can't get it, are they buying separate server for the platform?
The report also claimed Ngige said they are just meeting with ASUU, what of all the meetings this last weeks?

23 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
anomalous11:

“As we speak, ASUU has no hardware and UTAS does not have hardware backing.

“I am waiting for the NITDA full report but the preliminary report they gave me, the software integrity test will take them about six to eight weeks and thereafter, we go to the hardware. But the big issue is, who will provide the hardware?

“ASUU doesn’t have the finances to do so. Has government budgeted for it now as we speak? So, that one is a major problem. But we don’t have to dissuade anybody, we don’t have to tell anybody not to carry on, we like local content development, we need our things to be home grown. So, we are really encouraging them.

“By the time we finish with this other software test to look at its capacity, its ability to withstand shock and hacking etc, the hardware test is in, hacking and security. So, by the time we finish it, we will decide on what to do.

/
grin grin.... 6 to 8 weeks got me laughing out loud.... Like who does that.... This is a full show of mediocrity... It shows that the government
has grown lackadaisical toward educational matters.... 8months at home and still no solution in sight and some people are still blaming ASUU. This administration is bad.... We must Rise.. we must Protest... We must Fight... This concern all of us... We can't just continue behaving as if all is well... Like seriously.... I'm pissed and I'm pained....I can't really explain what I'm feeling... I'm pissed at Nans, at the legislative arm... At everyone holding a governmental post for not voicing out cos they are all products of education. The president has bleeped up big time... I swear down... Even if he did not go to school at least his children did and if not for education Zahra Buhari will not be working at PPPRA.... They watch their own house and leave we at the grassroot to the dogs. God save Nigeria

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by duduade: 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
Doradorwa:
grin grin.... 6 to 8 weeks got me laughing out loud.... Like who does that.... This is a full show of mediocrity... It shows that the government
has grown lackadaisical toward educational matters.... 8months at home and still no solution in sight and some people are still blaming ASUU. This administration is bad.... We must Rise.. we must Protest... We must Fight... This concern all of us... We can't just continue behaving as if all is well... Like seriously.... I'm pissed and I'm pained....I can't really explain what I'm feeling... I'm pissed at Nans, at the legislative arm... At everyone holding a governmental post for not voicing out cos they are all products of education. The president has bleeped up big time... I swear down... Even if he did not go to school at least his children did and if not for education Zahra Buhari will not be working at PPPRA.... They watch their own house and leave we at the grassroot to the dogs. God save Nigeria

All their children schooled abroad to the matter no concern them as they have even looted enough money to last their generations to come

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by gumaveddy(m): 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2020
Like one of nairaland member.. Damn niggar!!! This forks are damn crazy I could not imagine what their are telling mr president

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Brandonx(m): 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2020
grin grin students should go and do something with their time, this is an opportunity to develop themselves.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by khanivorous(f): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
This is just a warm up!

As long as the short midget minister ngige is part of FG team, nothing tangible is gonna come out of the meetings. He has a record of anti people character.

A dude that took 5 years to negotiate minimum wage for... I pity education in Nigeria with ngige as part of the government.

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Dreamliner787(m): 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
May God punish our President.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Saintinoo(m): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
sinkhole:
Hardware backing? I can't get it, are they buying separate server for the platform?
The report also claimed Ngige said they are just meeting with ASUU, what of all the meetings this last weeks?
Ngige have always been angry with ASUU for opting out of meeting during covid-19 lockdown, hopefully they meet on friday, about just starting meeting with ASUU, Ngige is a politician, what do you expect.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Saintinoo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
khanivorous:
This is just a warm up!

As long as the short midget minister ngige is part of FG team, nothing tangible is gonna come out of the meetings. He has a record of anti people character.

A dude that took 5 years to negotiate minimum wage for... I pity education in Nigeria with ngige as part of the government.
That is where you got it all wrong, Ngige is not the primary employer of ASUU neither does his ministry pay ASUU salaries, vent your anger on the OAGF and Buhari in general for the prolonged strike.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by inteli: 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
But FG can provide hardwares and hard currencies to the tune of 380 Billion for Boko Haram angry

FG doesn't have any interest in the education of her citizens. This is very very very bad. cry

One day monkey go go market but no fit return. Continue being wicked to your own citizens

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Parkac(m): 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2020
Sen. Ngige is looking for Hardware for an App...

NECO reading material via https://unn-edu.info/2020/11/neco-chemistry-answers.html
Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Dreamliner787(m): 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
Doradorwa:

lol... The six to eight weeks doesn't mean, All they need to agree on is how to get paid pending UTAS approval
Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Macrofrancis(m): 11:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
This is severe Oh!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Adonis86(m): 6:06am On Nov 18, 2020
Playing politics with the future of Nigerian youths.

I still remember how Humane proactive and vibrant Ngige was between 1999 through 2003 as Anambra state governor, then he was a saint. But ever since he joined this cult called APC and starts dinning with blood sucking demons, he has no more human feelings or care to protect the good name he earlier got himself... it's a pity

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by joxxy01(m): 7:12am On Nov 18, 2020
See the way this Guys are making caricature of our destiny... we the students are the biggest losers here and until we speak out loud to say NO this strike may linger till mid next year. The funny thing is that government will still end up paying ASUU's earned allowance owed since the beginning of the strike, But for we the students who will pay us for the lost academic year?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by otokx(m): 7:15am On Nov 18, 2020
miracle can still happen.
Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Sunnycliff(m): 7:27am On Nov 18, 2020
Ngige of your child were to be in Public institution here, would you allow this strike to longer on till this day, when you know the right thing to do?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by jojofola: 7:28am On Nov 18, 2020
This Government is anti-people.

See Ngige behaving like Lord and Messiah.

A lot of damages have been effected in the lives of these students you have forced to stay back at home due to your stubbornness.

God will judge us all.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Muhylonaire007: 7:28am On Nov 18, 2020
No resumption for students anytime soon... FG don mad

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by lkillbrokehoes: 7:28am On Nov 18, 2020
Doradorwa:
Lol look at this one, keep waiting for FG to accede to ASUU demands, nah grey hair u go grow las las, the earlier u realise that the FG doesn't give a damn about education the better for u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by adioolayi(m): 7:28am On Nov 18, 2020
Alagidi ni man Ngige yi sha
Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by DropsMic(m): 7:29am On Nov 18, 2020
If you want to learn kindness and patriotism go to the white man

If you learn how to be cheap go to the Indian

If you want to learn to be crooked go to the chinese

If you want to learn wickedness, bad belle, excessive greed, violence and unpatriotism go to the Black man

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:29am On Nov 18, 2020
grin

In searching for solution Nigeria found a problem grin

Buhari

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Ben404040: 7:29am On Nov 18, 2020
Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by Brandonx(m): 7:29am On Nov 18, 2020
grin Nigeria is a huge joke! I don't subscribe to the idea of protesting it would have been a better approach, lecturers and students in the March against the government refusal to honour the agreement they had in the past.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige by lkillbrokehoes: 7:29am On Nov 18, 2020
Sunnycliff:
Ngige of your child were to be in Public institution here, would you allow this strike to longer on till this day, when you know the right thing to do?
That man is a greedy, pathetic and lying bastard

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uniport Graduates 41 First Class Out Of 18000 Graduating Students / Naira Depreciation: ACCA Slashes Fees For Nigerian Students. / FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.