Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers (18430 Views)

Sunday Igoho Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degree / DSS Shuts Abuja School, Sacks 140 Teachers Over Request For Better Welfare / 140 Questions & Answers On Sweet Sixteen Novel (free PDF Download) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2020
Engineers from different walks of life gathered for The Nigerian Society of Engineers, '16th Fellowship Conferment Lecture & Ceremony' themed 'Circular Economy in Medical Waste Management'.

The programme of event saw through the seating of guests, National Anthems and prayers and then a welcome address by the Chairman, Board of Fellows - Engr. Felix Atume, FNSE, mni, and then an address by the President, Engr. Babagana Mohammed FNSE. What followed hence was the major business of the day; the conferment of fellowship, a total number of 140 engineers became Fellows of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.

Particularly interesting out of this number is Engr. Dr. (Mrs.) Funmilayo Waheed Adekojo, the CEO/MD of FunmiAyinke Nigeria Limited. Engr. Dr. (Mrs.) Funmilayo has indeed shown to be the complete definition of beauty and brain, having graduated with honours from the department of Mechanical Engineering, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State. She then went on to become the Head, Mechanical Engineering unit at the Works and Services unit of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. Engr. Dr. (Mrs.) Funmilayo is a humanitarian through and through. On her core is an intense passion to positively touch lives. This led her into establishing the FunmiAyinke Humanity Foundation that has brought hope to many lives through job creation and empowerment programmes for widows, single parents, abandoned children and children under the care of single parents.

Her profound achievements and her contributions to human welfare has earned her a number of awards, some of which include a 'Honorary Doctor of Science (D. Sc. Hons) Degree in Engineering Project Management & Corporate Governance by the European-American University, Panama', an 'Award of Excellence in Contribution to Human Capacity Building on Youth and Women Empowerment, Peace and Unity Building in Nigeria and Africa at Large by Congress of Civil Society Organization in Nigeria, 2013', a 'Pan-African Distinguished Leadership Hall of Fame Award, 2020, by West Africa Students' Union (WASU)'.

Engr. Dr. (Mrs.) Funmilayo's life is an embodiment of motivation, dedication, compassion and integrity. She is a shining light and an inspiration to young people who are at a stage of life where she had once been, and even more particularly to the girl child who has aspirations of becoming an engineer — a profession largely dominated by men. She has shown that with tenacity and determination, everything is possible.

Engr. Dr. (Mrs.) Funmilayo is happily married and blessed with four children, and when she is not winning awards, or getting conferred with fellowships, she spends her time reading, dancing and she makes music, she recently dropped her single debut titled 'It is our Time' by Funmi Ayinke.

The horizon started to descend on the programme of the day, goodwill messages were shared, and then finally the Vote of Thanks by the Chairman, Planning Committee, Engr. (Dr.) Victor O. Oyenuga, FNSE brought what was an insightful event to its very end.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
First to comment

Whoever knows Emmanuel Nworie who graduated with a first class in Mathematics, UNN, please contact him to reach @jacksonpbn or Churchill Umoren. A Professor in Canada wants him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by LawLab247: 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
Congratulations to the new Fellows. Y'all make a difference.

1 Like

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by FactBoyz: 7:53am On Nov 18, 2020
sad
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by ATEAMS: 7:53am On Nov 18, 2020
Do not be afraid to walk the path that you must go just because you cannot see the end. The path becomes clearer as you continue to go on.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 18, 2020
Okay seen
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 18, 2020
Awwwnnn, Engineers of Life, Congrats

3 Likes

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Samsimple(m): 7:54am On Nov 18, 2020
I respect Una engineers. That physics na death sentence

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Psylas2: 7:54am On Nov 18, 2020
Great
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Patosky4U: 7:54am On Nov 18, 2020
Nice one.
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by EdmundChidera(m): 7:54am On Nov 18, 2020
If someone can identify a major product from this engineers, I will tell you when Nigeria will become better.

Our engineering researchers are nothing to write home about. Other countries are building, innovative and industrious but our own are good at getting degree, masters and PhD

Engineering is useless in Nigeria just like library science

33 Likes

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by GoodBoi1(m): 7:54am On Nov 18, 2020
Interesting. What next?
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 18, 2020
quote me if you don't know how u even become an engineer

2 Likes

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Primusinterpares(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2020
Bravo... But when are Nigerian engineers going to measure up with their foreign counterpart

8 Likes

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by caution001: 7:59am On Nov 18, 2020
cheesy
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Sheuns(m): 7:59am On Nov 18, 2020
grin
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Renforce: 8:00am On Nov 18, 2020
How much did they pay?
Sometimes I really feel ashamed tagging myself a Nigerian engineer undecided

13 Likes

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by dinocy(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2020
The people that matters. Kudos
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Babaibe: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2020
What are they doing to help their graduates. Graduate corpers are all over secondary schools while Dr are posted to hospitals.

8 Likes

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Stanweezy(m): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2020
My own loading soon. Engr Stanley Orji CEO Ostraco Engineering Limited

Check my siggy for our activities

2 Likes

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Antoeni(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2020
Mumu Nigeria Engineers With No Impact on Nigeria, We Still Employ the Services of Lebanese, China, German, Italians Engineers

13 Likes

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Bigii(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2020
EdmundChidera:
If someone can identify a major product from this engineers, I will tell you when Nigeria will become better.

Our engineering researchers are nothing to write home about. Other countries are building, innovative and industrious but our own are good at getting degree, masters and PhD

Library Science useless? angry

Be guided.

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by montumonami(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2020
Being a member of the E family myself, I disagree with you in some of the points you made. I know a lot of Engineers that are really good practically. It's just that we're in a failed country.
EdmundChidera:

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by giddy10(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2020
Pls can anyone link me up with any certified engineer that I can serve under pls.
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by dammyz101(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2020
I knw i will b critisize for sayin d truth , but this body should b scrabbed. So many engrs yet we inport toothpick. All they do is supervising and maintainance. Engrs are designers and inventors. In Mugabe's words" its only in nigeria wre u pay millions to study engineering and u graduate but cant produce a pencil.

7 Likes

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by crackhouse(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2020
Engineers for mouth.

1 Like

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by dammyz101(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2020
montumonami:
smiley
we are on d same page. God bless u for sayin d truth.

1 Like

Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by teamsynergy: 8:12am On Nov 18, 2020
The guys need to do more... Many asians I have seen working here as senior engineers and PMs mostly attended technical college in their country.

We need to compel the government to amend our labour law.. too many potentials wasting away
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by sammysmiles(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2020
Great people...
Re: 140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by seunjungle1(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2020
Its on this note I am happy to celebrate my father among them@Engr. Ademola Abogunrin.
Congratulations sir!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

17 Undergraduate Scholarships To Expect In 2015 / See The First Incubation Hub To Be Owned By A Nigerian University / Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.