Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters (12251 Views)

FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins / Wike Revokes Sen Maeba’s Land In Port Harcourt Amid Crackdown On Atiku Loyalists / EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Omooba77: 11:12pm On Nov 17, 2020
Billionaire philanthropist Mo Ibrahim on Monday hit out at the Nigerian federal government for a crackdown on unarmed civilians during #EndSARS protest, a protest that spilt over into wider calls for better governance.

Human rights monitor Amnesty International has said security forces shot and killed 12 people during the protest in Lagos, on October 20.

But the military last week denied shooting live rounds, insisting that soldiers only fired blanks at the crowds who had gathered in defiance of a curfew.

“I really don’t understand why the government needed to attack peaceful demonstrators,” Ibrahim, a Sudanese-British businessman who made his fortune in telecoms, told AFP.

“This is what bothers me, this closing of space, of civil society. The right of people to stand up and say their views is a sacred right, and that was totally unacceptable.”

Ibrahim was speaking after his foundation suggested that governance progress had slowed across Africa for the first time in a decade, even before the coronavirus pandemic hit.

In particular, the report by the Mo Ibrahim Index of African Governance, published every two years, found that the commitment to democracy and civil rights had faltered.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/totally-unacceptable-mo-ibrahim-condemns-crackdown-on-endsars-protesters/amp

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by amerengues(m): 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
Hmmm

I have vehemently opined that REAL change is hairsbreadth away from happening. My sincere prayer is to rekindle the spirited effort witnessed few weeks ago during the protest. I know that 2023 may be too far to wait for us to use our PVC but the movement starts now.

It is only the untrained eye that won’t see the panic and apprehension that envelopes the space of this present government. They are scared of the spirit that consumes this present youth even at the face of outright intimidation. Let’s be resolute! I know some people somewhere are waiting to hijack any protest to portray harmless and peaceful protesters as bad. Let’s stay clear of protest for now because of the wanton damage it has caused.

My earnest prayer is for God to install a leader in Nigeria who has the fear of God and the sole interest of the people at heart. A leader who isn’t going be chosen because of race, age, gender, ethnic coloration or whatsoever be it political virgin or not.

God grant us a competent leader.

45 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Omooba77: 11:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
amerengues:
Hmmm

I have vehemently opined that REAL change is hairsbreadth away from happening. My sincere prayer is to rekindle the spirited effort witnessed few weeks ago during the protest. I know that 2023 may be too far to wait for us to use our PVC but the movement starts now.

It is only the untrained eye that won’t see the panic and apprehension that envelopes the space of this present government. They are scared of the spirit that consumes this present youth even at the face of outright intimidation. Let’s be resolute! I know some people somewhere are waiting to hijack any protest to portray harmless and peaceful protesters as bad. Let’s stay clear of protest for now because of the wanton damage it has caused.

My earnest prayer is for God to install a leader in Nigeria who has the fear of God and the sole interest of the people at heart. A leader who isn’t going be chosen because of race, age, gender, ethnic coloration or whatsoever be it political virgin or not.

Mo Ibrahim lending his voice....
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Omooba77: 12:07am On Nov 18, 2020
obami007:
Everyone should actually speak out against police brutality

You are Lalasticlalally correct...In a saner country, IGP and some senior staff would have voluntarily throwing the towel to calm nerves..

19 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Ceenelly(m): 5:14am On Nov 18, 2020
OK
That one dey
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by pickatyou2: 5:14am On Nov 18, 2020
U dey mind them

1 Like

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by KingAzari: 5:14am On Nov 18, 2020
If only Buhari was alive to see this.

16 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by chrisanderson99: 5:14am On Nov 18, 2020
No matter how hard the Nigerian government tries to cover the truth, the truth can't be hidden for long.

Justice must be served.

4 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by rawtouch: 5:14am On Nov 18, 2020
ok
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by edo3(m): 5:15am On Nov 18, 2020
A
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by parkervero(m): 5:17am On Nov 18, 2020
Don't mind our government, they are useless like shitt
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by janedonez(m): 5:17am On Nov 18, 2020
Even you?
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by martineverest(m): 5:18am On Nov 18, 2020
even a Somalian knows the right thing....Yeye Nigerian president is a living corpse

2 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Salatavor: 5:18am On Nov 18, 2020
So basically. We are not doing the right thing and we know that ... Just like me I am not doing the right thing and I know that... cry
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Cerveau(f): 5:19am On Nov 18, 2020
God help Nigeria
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Perfecttouchade: 5:19am On Nov 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 18, 2020
amerengues:
Hmmm

THEY MADE THE FATAL MISTAKE. THE BLOOD OF PEACEFUL, FLAG WAVING PROTESTERS WILL BRING DOWN THIS LIVING HELL OF A GOVERNMENT.

7 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by OnyeMmeri: 5:23am On Nov 18, 2020
The most brutal civilian regime Nigeria has ever had.

1 Like

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by saraki2019(m): 5:23am On Nov 18, 2020
Nice
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by fasho01(m): 5:27am On Nov 18, 2020
It is wrong on all ramifications
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by onward4life(m): 5:31am On Nov 18, 2020
One Nigeria is sure

Tinibu come and be the next president

And turn Nigeria around..

And the poorest state in Nigeria

Will be like Lagos in 2026

Pls let's support Tinubu...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Openbusiness: 5:32am On Nov 18, 2020
I think maybe Buhari is suffering from some psychological delirium and thinks he is still an army general in the 80s that destroyed the economy, then began WAI against the people, I think maybe that the delirium had gotten worse and now he wants to win the war he didn't win in the 80s and in this war Nigerians are the enemy. That's why he has been unleashing his attack dogs against the civilian population, and this was EXACTLY the reason why IBB stepped in quickly to overthrow his evil regime in the 80s before he could do some serious damage on the people and country. But IBB is too old now. I just hope the delirium will stop or whatever, before this man finish destroying all the Constitutional human rights of the CONSTITUTION in this country sad

5 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by emerged01(m): 5:43am On Nov 18, 2020
What makes democracy when people can’t stand up to say their mind? What youth need is strong unity to stand up against oppressive govt.

1 Like

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Openbusiness: 5:50am On Nov 18, 2020
emerged01:
What makes democracy when people can’t stand up to say their mind? What youth need is strong unity to stand up against oppressive govt.
That's one of the critical signs of psychotic delirium. Once you have a different view or don't agree with their ways, ideas and methods, you automatically become AN ENEMY that must be destroyed.

3 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Openbusiness: 5:58am On Nov 18, 2020
When Buhari protested against bad governance during GEJ Presidency, and organized rallies, marches and movements to protest against GEJ, in his mind he was exercising his fundamental human rights to protest as guaranteed by the CONSTITUTION. But now, if citizens exercise the same rights under Buhari Presidency, in his mind they want to overthrow his regime and they must be crushed and destroyed, so he sends his attack forces out to do the evil job. Can you see or notice that psychological discrepancy? It is a state of being in a static dictatorship delirium. Every voice that doesn't agree with him is the enemy out to get him, they must be crushed. This was the kind of mental crisis the worst type of dictators in human history were known to have, and typical erratic behavior they exhibit.

7 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 18, 2020
amerengues:
Hmmm

You are that competent leader.

Now manifest thyself. Leave ﹰNairaland and join or form a party so that ﹰNigeria can enjoy your leadership

2 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by DropsMic(m): 6:13am On Nov 18, 2020
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 18, 2020
Wise man. God bless him.
Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Sunnymatey(m): 6:49am On Nov 18, 2020
amerengues:
Hmmm

Keep praying o, don't act and a new nigeria will just be delivered to your door step.

3 Likes

Re: Mo Ibrahim Condemns Crackdown On EndSARS Protesters by Femeto: 6:50am On Nov 18, 2020
We no get President.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Risk Arrest, Jonathan’s Camp Warns Buhari / Rivers Diasporans Turn-up To Support Amaechi In London / FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.