Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth (3097 Views)

How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / i / Bible Study - Galatians... Has The Modern Church Misunderstood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by PastorAde: 10:59am On Mar 18, 2011
[center]The Most Misunderstood Person on Earth[/center]

The most misunderstood Person on earth is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is misunderstood particularly by adherents of various religions of the world. For example, He is misunderstood by the Hindus because they think that He is just another one of their 6 million gods. He is misunderstood by the Buddhists because they think He is just a wise man. He is misunderstood by the Humanists who think He is just a highly developed human with a superior mental capacity. He is misunderstood by the Muslims because they think He is just another prophet who came in God’s plan and that’s why God has to send the final prophet to complete the job named Mohammed. He is misunderstood by the Atheists who think He is the creation of the imagination of 12 misguided men 2000 years ago. Most of all, He is misunderstood by Christians who think Jesus Christ is the founder of a religion called Christianity. All of these are misconceptions of Jesus Christ. Who, then, is Jesus Christ? First of all, Jesus Christ was never a religious man. He was never a Pharisee or Sadducee or Herodian. He never joined the Sanhedrin Council. He never submitted to Caiphas. He was never a member of the council of Jerusalem. He never joined the traditional system of religion in His day. He never started a religion. He never preached religion. We have reduced Him to a religious leader. We actually see Him as one of the founders of the four great religions of the world. He never claimed such a thing. As matter of fact, His greatest opposition was religious people who conspired to kill and indeed killed Him. Who is this man? What was His message? Jesus was born a King of the Jews! Consider this Scriptures – Now when Jesus was in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the King, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is He that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east, and are come to worship Him (Matthew 2:2-3, emphasis added). Before His death on the cross of Calvary Pilate asked Him whether He was a King? To whom He replied: “You say that I am a King. To this end I was born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I may bear witness to the truth. Every one that is of the truth hears My voice (John 18:37, emphasis added). Jesus was not a prophet. A prophet speaks for God. But He was God in the flesh, named Emmanuel, meaning God with us. He only preached one message – The kingdom of heaven! His first public statement was: Repent (which means change your thinking), for the kingdom of heaven is near (Matthew 4:17). He didn’t bring a religion: He brought the government of heaven to earth. Isaiah 9: 6 confirms this – “The government shall be on His shoulder”. Why was the government on His shoulder? Because it was the kingdom or government of heaven Adam lost. Adam never lost a religion. Adam was a king made in God’s image and given dominion (rule or kingdom) over the earth. But satan came and stole that power because of Adam’s disobedience to God’s commandment. For this cause Jesus came, destroyed satan and collected the power and dominion from him and handed the kingdom back to man. If you know Jesus as King, you will know who you are. He will wash you in His blood and make you a king and a priest unto God (See Revelation 1:5-6). That’s why He is called the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Are you ready to become who God created you to be? Are you ready to receive the King? Pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess You as my Lord, Savior and King in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling: visit, write, call or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel 08033155417. Email: josey500@yahoo.com
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by OlaMichael(m): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2011
Very apt teaching. Indeed, God hates religion. Anything that is centred around religion is abominable to God.

As already pointed out, Jesus was not a "Christian". Jesus was God made flesh. In fact the word "Christian" was somewhat more of a derogatory term used to refer to those who were deemed to be like Christ. Jesus came to preach the good news about God's kingdom. He was about establishing a personal relationship between man and God. He was about reconciling the world and man to God.
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by Sweetnecta: 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
[Quote]« #1 on: Today at 02:30:24 PM »

Very apt teaching. Indeed, God hates religion. Anything that is centred around religion is abominable to God.

As already pointed out, Jesus was not a "Christian". Jesus was God made flesh. In fact the word "Christian" was somewhat more of a derogatory term used to refer to those who were deemed to be like Christ. Jesus came to preach the good news about God's kingdom. He was about establishing a personal relationship between man and God. He was about reconciling the world and man to God.[/Quote]You just nailed Christianity to the cross! I guess jesus was not a jew, too. maybe he had other religion different from the Christians, since he put his face to the ground, with his bottom up in the air like muslims.

Was he a worshiper like moses, not bopping his head towards a wall like the jews of today?

What i will like to know is this, if jesus was God made flesh [may God forgive me. i am not of those who believe in God made flesh], what happened to God when that 'flesh' suffered and died? we all know that God is not bound by death which he creates to end the lives of human.

if jesus was preaching, where is the good news that he preached instead of 'the gospel according to'? can God Himself be on earth fostering the establishment of relationship between man [on earth] and God Who is always not on earth? which is the real God; the one on earth who says he is a servant sent or the God Who is not on earth at anytime? Which of the two is Always The Master, Always Good, since jesus said why call me good and i am sent to the nations of the jews?

Jesus said he finished the work he was giving, long time before the crucifixion. I am wondering why the Coptic christians making Pilate a saint, unless he released Jesus? why would they make a saint of the killer of Jesus? maybe Jesus bar aba s [son of the father], was killed instead, while the jewsish mishnah/talmut says that jesus was stoned?
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by Jenwitemi(m): 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2011
I disagree with this write up. Jesus is most misunderstood by the people who "follow" his teachings. They mistake the teachings of the institutionalized religion, the teachings of the clergy who claim to represent him, for the teachings of Jesus. That is the great error. Nobody misunderstand Jesus more than the christians themselves. And it is because of the misunderstanding that there are so many christian denominations around.

And what is this obsession with the status of Jesus all about? Was Jesus, the humble jewish spiritual teacher, this status minded? Was he so obsessed with earthly titles that his adherents shower on him? Lord, king of kings; lord of lords, prince of peace, etc etc. Did Jesus cared about all these? Because if the answer is yes, then he is not much of a spiritual teacher. The general belief is that piritual masters like Jesus don't hanker after earthly vanity like all these stupid titles.

It is very clear that this obsession is sourced from the misunderstanding of him and his teachings and what they are all about. It is the message in the teachings of Jesus that counts to him and not his status or titles that his followers are heaping on him to upscale his image. This write up is just downright ridiculous.
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by OlaMichael(m): 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
@Jenwitemi
You say you disagree with the write-up and yet you agree with what the writer says. Here's what you said.
Jenwitemi:

I disagree with this write up. Jesus is most misunderstood by the people who "follow" his teachings. They mistake the teachings of the institutionalized religion, the teachings of the clergy who claim to represent him, for the teachings of Jesus. That is the great error. Nobody misunderstand Jesus more than the christians themselves. [/b]And it is because of the misunderstanding that there are so many christian denominations around

And here's what he/she said.
PastorAde:

[center][b]The Most Misunderstood Person on Earth
[/center]
Most of all, He is misunderstood by Christians who think Jesus Christ is the founder of a religion called Christianity. All of these are misconceptions of Jesus Christ.

Errm,  which part do you disagree with again?  Did you even read the post? 
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by Jenwitemi(m): 4:43pm On Mar 18, 2011
Nice going, olamichael. Try reading the whole article first, and then you will really see why i disagreed with the article.
OlaMichael:

@Jenwitemi
You say you disagree with the write-up and yet you agree with what the writer says. Here's what you said.
And here's what he/she said.
Errm,  which part do you disagree with again?  Did you even read the post? 
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by PastorAIO: 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2011
Jesus' message was definately single and it was to preach the Kingdom of Heaven. But what does the Kingdom of heaven mean to us. It is very important to grasp what the kingdom of heaven is in order to reap any benefit from the life of Jesus.

I need to understand what the OP means by religion because he is making it sound as if it is a bad thing.
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by Sweetnecta: 2:44am On Mar 19, 2011
^^^^^ the kingdom of heaven you said Jesus preached, is that different in purpose and or destination than what Noah for example preached to his community?

whats the difference, if you know? be specific, please.

what about it in comparison to what Abraham preached to his community, or what Moses preached? i could list each prophet before Jesus, and could you tell us that preached something different or inferior?
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by exaltadonai: 12:05am On Oct 22, 2012
Hello Pastor Ade,

Thank you for your article "The Most Misunderstood Person on Earth."

Can I have your permission to share it with others on my social media pages like Facebook, Twitter, my WordPress blog, etc.?

I will cut-and-paste the article as it is and give you authorship credit.

Please let me know if I have your permission yes or no.

If yes, what is your complete name. And if you want people to contact you, please provide your email.

Blessings!
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by anyaoguluke: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2013
PastorAde: [center]The Most Misunderstood Person on Earth[/center]

The most misunderstood Person on earth is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is misunderstood particularly by adherents of various religions of the world. For example, He is misunderstood by the Hindus because they think that He is just another one of their 6 million gods. He is misunderstood by the Buddhists because they think He is just a wise man. He is misunderstood by the Humanists who think He is just a highly developed human with a superior mental capacity. He is misunderstood by the Muslims because they think He is just another prophet who came in God’s plan and that’s why God has to send the final prophet to complete the job named Mohammed. He is misunderstood by the Atheists who think He is the creation of the imagination of 12 misguided men 2000 years ago. Most of all, He is misunderstood by Christians who think Jesus Christ is the founder of a religion called Christianity. All of these are misconceptions of Jesus Christ. Who, then, is Jesus Christ? First of all, Jesus Christ was never a religious man. He was never a Pharisee or Sadducee or Herodian. He never joined the Sanhedrin Council. He never submitted to Caiphas. He was never a member of the council of Jerusalem. He never joined the traditional system of religion in His day. He never started a religion. He never preached religion. We have reduced Him to a religious leader. We actually see Him as one of the founders of the four great religions of the world. He never claimed such a thing. As matter of fact, His greatest opposition was religious people who conspired to kill and indeed killed Him. Who is this man? What was His message? Jesus was born a King of the Jews! Consider this Scriptures – Now when Jesus was in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the King, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is He that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east, and are come to worship Him (Matthew 2:2-3, emphasis added). Before His death on the cross of Calvary Pilate asked Him whether He was a King? To whom He replied: “You say that I am a King. To this end I was born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I may bear witness to the truth. Every one that is of the truth hears My voice (John 18:37, emphasis added). Jesus was not a prophet. A prophet speaks for God. But He was God in the flesh, named Emmanuel, meaning God with us. He only preached one message – The kingdom of heaven! His first public statement was: Repent (which means change your thinking), for the kingdom of heaven is near (Matthew 4:17). He didn’t bring a religion: He brought the government of heaven to earth. Isaiah 9: 6 confirms this – “The government shall be on His shoulder”. Why was the government on His shoulder? Because it was the kingdom or government of heaven Adam lost. Adam never lost a religion. Adam was a king made in God’s image and given dominion (rule or kingdom) over the earth. But satan came and stole that power because of Adam’s disobedience to God’s commandment. For this cause Jesus came, destroyed satan and collected the power and dominion from him and handed the kingdom back to man. If you know Jesus as King, you will know who you are. He will wash you in His blood and make you a king and a priest unto God (See Revelation 1:5-6). That’s why He is called the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Are you ready to become who God created you to be? Are you ready to receive the King? Pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess You as my Lord, Savior and King in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling: visit, write, call or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel 08033155417. Email: josey500@yahoo.com
I agreed with you in all except in one aspect: christ did not destroy satan.
Re: The Most Misunderstood Person On Earth by PastorOluT(m): 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
[quote author=Jenwitemi]I disagree with this write up. Jesus is most misunderstood by the people who "follow" his teachings. They mistake the teachings of the institutionalized religion, the teachings of the clergy who claim to represent him, for the teachings of Jesus. That is the great error. Nobody misunderstand Jesus more than the christians themselves. And it is because of the misunderstanding that there are so many christian denominations around.

What in the world do you disagree with?
Jesus as the messiah and Son of God or that you want us to believe it the you do, that is Jesus is not the son of God, come out straight man i know people like you!

(1) (Reply)

Join The Fastest Growing Free Christian Telegram Group Chat / Why Are You Theistic, Atheistic Or Agnostic? / Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.