Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? (62414 Views)

Qua Iboe Church International Reelects Revd Effanga As General Superintendent / 2020 - 2029 The Last Decade Of The Church ( The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!) / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2020
grin

Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2020
emapeteum:

That's true. Most youths on this platform don't know that Akwa and Cross River was called South-Eastern state when Gowon created the first 12 states in late 1960s. So calling it Southeast, one is not out of place.

So Delta and edo can be referred to as south west since they were once under western nigeria

Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by southsouthking(m): 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Nothing like Niger Delta, stop fooling yourself

Sorry chairman, i nor no before.
I don learn new thing today.
Sir wait o, watin NDDC stands for self?
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by iokpebholo: 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2020
Finnese001:
Akwa ibom don turn SE abi
u dey mind those irritating clown
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by FuckThaMod: 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
southsouthking:

Sorry chairman, i nor no before.
Sir wait o, watin NDDC stands for self?
Doesn't mean, it has never been there and it's just a political name. Edo originally belongs to the the midwest region.
Thanks
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by FuckThaMod: 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:
grin
Yoruba man.. Always sniffing

1 Like

Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by southsouthking(m): 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Doesn't mean, it has never been there and it's just a political name. Edo originally belongs to the the midwest region.
Thanks

Sir with all due respect, you didn't answer my question sir, i only asked what does NDDC stands for and which states makes this NDDC.

I COME IN PEACE.
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Thanks

Half truth cheesy Edo formally belonged to the western region
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Yoruba man.. Always sniffing

Igbo man.... always clinching cheesy
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by FuckThaMod: 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Igbo man.... always clinching cheesy
We clinch to you? Always crying more than the bereaved. Face your ogbomosho
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nchenches: 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2020
southsouthking:

Sorry to break your heart, am a full flesh Edolite.
Born and breed in Edo state.
Full Time Niger Delta.
Good night.

Ha ha ha
Edo Niger Delta. A Shekau-like from Etsakor, home of Islam and MURIC in Edo state claims Niger Delta. Niger Delta is a divisive name given to the oil producing areas to enable their exploitation.
What have you got with the true Nigerdelta area? Talk true: how many barrels per day of oil do they produce in your hometown?
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2020
FuckThaMod:

We clinch to you? Always crying more than the bereaved. Face your ogbomosho

And face your armpit state abia state and stop clinching.....una too dey clinch.. clinching devloppers grin
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by southsouthking(m): 10:04pm On Nov 22, 2020
Nchenches:

Ha ha ha
Edo Niger Delta. A Shekau-like from Etsakor, home of Islam and MURIC in Edo state claims Niger Delta. Niger Delta is a divisive name given to the oil producing areas to enable their exploitation.
What have you got with the true Nigerdelta area? Talk true: how many barrels per day of oil do they produce in your hometown?

If only you can be proud to tell me where you hail from, i will appreciate it sir.
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by franxalive(m): 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2020
Finnese001:
Akwa ibom don turn SE abi

You have a poor sense of geography oga... check ur Nigeria map well, look at what they (ur British and caliphate subservient government) placed as a South South State... Now, have you ever asked where is NORTH NORTH, where there is south... there must be NORTH!...and they keep DECEIVING gullible folks as you, sake of common crude oil...is unfortunate cry
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2020
southsouthking:

If only you can be proud to tell me where you hail from, i will appreciate it sir.

grin I second the motion.... although baba fit clinch sey him be from Bayelsa, sey him come from Igbo community wey dey dia undecided
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by southsouthking(m): 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

grin I second the motion.... although baba fit clinch sey him be from Bayelsa, sey him come from Igbo community wey dey dia undecided

I dey wait patiently baba, i already know the region him come from, i just dey wait make him Lie.

1 Like

Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2020
southsouthking:

I dey wait patiently baba, i already know the region him come from, i just dey wait make him Lie.

grin maybe him battery don low....light for east bad these days
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by southsouthking(m): 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

grin maybe him battery don low....light for east bad these days

Or maybe the reality of Edo no be truly Lagos shock still dey their body grin

1 Like

Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2020
southsouthking:

Or maybe the reality of Edo no be truly Lagos shock still dey their body grin

Ah, them for help you devlup Edo o grin
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by stancod(m): 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2020
Bkayyy:
Please you South Southerners should stop pairing us together. We are not the same before some Bini-philic people will use it as an avenue to insult the great Igbo nation and also say that we are dragging their people.
South East is South East (Igbo nation) and South South is South South (Niger Delta).
Change your title to "The oldest church in South South"
guy how that one take be ur problem. no go find wetin dey do u
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by southsouthking(m): 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Ah, them for help you devlup Edo o grin

Naso o Yaro, but instead of one person to carry our destiny for pocket, then take us turn to slave, make we dey push am small small dey go so that them no go see us as glorified slump.

Make we know say Edo be our land.
We no want the tag of No man's land from this zone.
How market?
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
southsouthking:

Naso o Yaro, but instead of one person to carry our destiny for pocket, then take us turn to slave, make we dey push am small small dey go so that them no go see us as glorified slump.

Make we know say Edo be our land.
We no want the tag of No man's land from this zone.
How market?

Everybody get him own way baba mi.. pushing small small or fast we go reach ijn, even d US was built by monopolistic godfathers (Vanderbilt and Rockefeller) e pay us for Lagos as tinubu dey do am, we lagosians no dey complain. And if gbege happen today everyone sabi the true owners of lagos and them tenants them go run go their villages...
We go all dey alright sha
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by jasonex4(m): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Thanks

Some of una funny o...so you accept MIDWEST REGION, but you reject NIGER DELTA?? I nor understand...e just be like say person wey dem de call John come change e name to Peter..so u 1 tell me say because na John u like, na John u go come still de call am for official settings
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by pepperandsalt(m): 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2020
What of the Catholic church in agenebode in 1882?
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by FuckThaMod: 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

And face your armpit state abia state and stop clinching.....una too dey clinch.. clinching devloppers grin
Senseless troll, small time now he go begin cry about lagos. As you can see, the topic is about a church, ss and se. Your busybody isn't required
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by ubola: 2:20am On Nov 23, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

When we had this church there was nothing as south south my brother
Op is an igbo man and would always want to drag Akwa ibom into their confederation.
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by davidnazee: 3:14am On Nov 23, 2020
NkanAkpanika:
Akwa Ibom State and Qua Iboe church fondly got thier names from the Ibeno River (quo Iboe river) were this church is located adjacent to the Atlantic ocean.. The United Evangelical Church (Founded as Qua Iboe Church) is a Christian denomination in Nigeria. It has existed since 1887.[1] It has more than 1,000 congregations and 2,000,000 members. The church was founded by an Irish missionary, Rev.Samuel Alexander Bill the first of many missionaries who served with The Qua Iboe Mission, now known as Mission Africa, which is based in Belfast. [/b]The Mission and Church were initially named after the place where the mission began its work, at Ibeno near the Qua Iboe River in the present day Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria.[b] The church and mission have been entirely independent entities since 1984, but the two continue to work together closely.

The church has its headquarters at Ibeno in Akwa Ibom State. United Evangelical Church is a Bible believing church and does not practice doctrines that do not have any biblical background.

You call a church built in 1887 the oldest church in Nigeria?? something must be wrong with all these feel good tribalists..
Missionaries have been preaching in Nigeria hundreds of years before 1887.. Your church is a very new church..
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by Young042galaxy: 3:50am On Nov 23, 2020
southsouthking:

No o, i no dey claim Niger Delta o, i make mistake chairman, i be think say Edo join them before o.
Chairman abeg help me mention the Niger Delta states make i learn today incase of next time i nor go dey fool myself.
You no say na every day man dey learn na.
Since no one is able to answer your questions, let me help you out.
Niger delta is made up of 1 state from South West, 6 state from South South and 2 state from South East.
So you are not more Niger delta than someone from Abia, Imo or Ondo.

Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by NkanAkpanika: 5:23am On Nov 23, 2020
davidnazee:

You call a church built in 1887 the oldest church in Nigeria?? something must be wrong with all these feel good tribalists..
Missionaries have been preaching in Nigeria hundreds of years before 1887.. Your church is a very new church..
Do you have reading problem or your just dumb.. Where did you see the oldest church in Nigeria up there, try an get small sense ok
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by NkanAkpanika: 5:36am On Nov 23, 2020
gnss:
the one in Bonny is called useless Eastlink Boy
grin
Re: Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria? by NkanAkpanika: 5:38am On Nov 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Calabar and akwa ibom are different from those other troublemakers
Yeah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / Church Arranges Hampers On Members' Seats, Before Their Arrival (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.