Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,729 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. (300 Views)

Kpakpando FM: Fire Guts Radio Station In Anambra / Brekete Family Founded By Amed Isah: Nigerians turn to Radio station For Justice / What Is Your Favorite Radio Station And Favorite Radio Show? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. by Simonokeh7(m): 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
OK this happened to me in the early afternoon of today and i never thought it was worth creating a topic for but here i am. I was at a radio station in ph today and primarily what transpired was that the OAP was anchoring a program and the topic for conversing was if you were given a blank cheque to withdraw as much cash as you want how much would you dislodge and what would you use it for. At the onset people called and were stating hundreds of millions of naira dollars even, with various feasible business plan a certain guy called and said he was going to use the cash to get an American citizenship through investment, note no body called or texted and requested for any sum below one million, until a certain man texted via the whatsapp portal that he will only request for two thousand naira so that he could feed before thinking about what to do with millions. Out of the benovelence of the OAP's heart he instructed the sender to forward his account number that he personally would handle that.

2 Likes

Re: How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. by Simonokeh7(m): 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
To my utmost disbelief nobody requested for millionsss again they were all texting calling and stating 5k, 2k, 3k, 7k, 10k, some even 1k. LOL TRULY NIGERIA IN HARD. Lalasticlala
Re: How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. by Ceceba(f): 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Only those in government cabinet think there's no hunger in the land.
Re: How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. by Davash222(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
Back then in my University days, the Governor came to inspect the newly built hostels in my school. One final year girl was shouting on top of her voice, hailing the Governor. The Governor requested to meet with the girl. His aides brought the girl, the Governor asked the girl what she want, she foolishly said money.

The Governor instructed one of his aides, and he gave her few currencies that can’t be more than 10,000 Naira. The fish brain girl was happy and smiling. It was that day I started having ill feelings about Nigerian girls.

You have opportunity with a Governor and all you could request is money.
Re: How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
They are not hungry. They just have the spirit of gluttony! They are never okay. They always want, even when they have. This isn't a case of man's want being insatiable. This is what Yoruba calls "ojukokoro"! The other people asking for 2k or 3k could have good money in their account. It's generally in a lot of Nigerians. Even our Governors who are rich hoarded cheap palliatives (indomie noodles) meant for the poor. One house member even went to repackage palliatives and presented as her birthday gift.
Re: How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. by Jarchi(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
OcVoice:
They are not hungry. They just have the spirit of gluttony! They are never okay. They always want, even when they have. This isn't a case of man's want being insatiable. This is what Yoruba calls "ojukokoro"! The other people asking for 2k or 3k could have good money in their account. It's generally in a lot of Nigerians. Even our Governors who are rich hoarded cheap palliatives (indomie noodles) meant for the poor. One house member even went to repackage palliatives and presented as her birthday gift.

I totally agree with you but if you see the hunger in the land, you will know that they know that their money is not worth anything in the market
Re: How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 11:26am On May 04, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: How Hungry Are Nigerians, My Experience At A Radio Station Today. by Eillyeillz(m): 12:51pm On May 04, 2021
Seen something similar happen, on twitter

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

About Elitenation Nigeria - Biography / The Experience Concert Goes Virtual First Time In 15 Years / Davido Assurance Bass Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.