Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator (24801 Views)

“He’s Sick In The Head.” Ebonyi People React To Umahi’s Comment On Obi.(pics) / Lawyers Ask Ayim To Apologise To Umahi Within Seven Days Or Face Legal Action / Your Days Are Numbered - Ebonyi Indigenes To Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by EM123: 8:14am On Nov 19, 2020
jlinkd78:
Is not same Wike and Umahi who just few days ago were mutual compatriots over Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB matter. U see how God works, now d contract is over and d centre can no longer hold. Whoever believed that Wike and Umahi would so soon come for each others jugular in an open television broadcast.
in politics there is no permanent friend or enemy , what they have is permanent interest , the people i'm pitying is their supporters.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by bixton(m): 8:24am On Nov 19, 2020
obembet:
I still wonder why wine refuse to support Igbo this time. I think Umahi did the right thing. Igbo has been supporting PDP since 1999and they never benefit anything. I remembered how Igbo support Jonathan but still, nothing was show for it. To me of the whole south support Igbo this time is not wrong at all.

Wike is greedy man. And that will make PDP lose.

But still

Thunder fire PDP and their supporters
Thunder fire APC and their hungry members

NYDP is the answer for better Nigeria

One of the major issues that even Secondus cannot resolved is Wike's character and over bearing influence on him. Gov.David Umahi is not that kind of a puppet.
The Igbos have benefited alot as supporting members of PDP but what the governor is saying is let the Presidential ticket be left for the zone which is the right thing to ask for.

To those who say they have not benefited judging from the positions the Igbos have held in the PDP administrations be it elective positions or by appointment but for me those are just individual benefits because those who held positions in no better way brought development to their region, state or even their small community or village. That's how bad it went.
None the less it's the right of Igbos be given the what the governor is saying and not a privilege.
His going to APC is not necessarily for same purpose but to be where he can probably make certain commitments that might put him in a place that his region might benefit in any little way.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Freemasonry: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2020
That’s one thing with dictators, they don’t tolerate being dictated to.

Now I understand why Dave is so angry, Wike has been suffocating him the same way he is suffocating others in his state.����
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Collyno82(m): 9:24am On Nov 19, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Umahi that is not relevant in pdp that is controlled by SS and SE joined apc that us totally controlled by the northern Muslims and abit of yoruba Muslims... this guy must hv been a clown in children's parties during his youth days
interesting,,, seen a woman analysing politics.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by pacespot(m): 9:52am On Nov 19, 2020
It is only in Nigeria that a war criminal like Wike will still be talking to the media, not behind bar yet.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Misterdhee1(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2020
DMerciful:
Igbos are not voting against APC cos GEJ lost but because we are convinced Bubu is a monumental failure and we have been proven right. Remember Atiku was also in the APC and worked against GEJ too.
Stupid assertion. The ones you voted for before Buhari were they successes? Okay, Buhari is a monumental failure, accepted - but when last really was Nigeria a place worthy of note? What feasible progress did pdp's 16 years in power brought to Igboland? Aside the few igbo men that were enriched through corruption and nepotistic appointments, is igbo land not the worst region in terms of federal presence? You guys are simply slaves to the pdp agenda, and sadly just within 7 years of being out of power, you guys want everything to scatter. Thankfully, you guys are just significant with online noisemaking, no one takes you guys serious in crucial matters.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by DragonFire442: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Umahi called Wike on Monday to tell him about his defection plans only to go on Arise TV and call him a Dictator

Why did he bother to call the dictator if he was angry with his actions. ?

Pretence everywhere
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Empiree: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
SmartPolician:

So what?

Joblessness at its peak!
Go get a job then
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Turantula(m): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nwadiuto247:
I like what Umahi did.

We are done with playing mumu fpr one party in Igbo land. Its better we spread out.

We are done with voting our neighbours because somebody attached an Igbo name to his name. Track record is important.

We are done voting a goat or a monkey just because they are in PDP..

Lets do away with party politics. Its not the best way to produce good leaders..

Ndigbo lets do politics the way we do our business and stop sentiments.

In business we spread to all parts of the country and flow with people, in politics lets not create enemies for oursellves.

All we need to do is to be wise as serpent and as harmless as dove.

The level of bitterness displayed since Jonathan lost is so unnecessary . It was a case of crying more than the bereaved. Quite shameful.
Aboki shut your trap!
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
Onepeople:
for the first time your brother was selected to fly the
party ticket you are bringing in sentiment, umahi is playing a negative politics.

you mean our brother that was selected/accepted to play second fiddle? man should grow some balls. atiku no get two head.

i think obi tried to play a fast one on them , more like he betrayed them. what the SE need from PDP is the presidential ticket. No more no less. We don't need veepee under PDP.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by NNEWIsuper: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

you mean our brother that was selected/accepted to play second fiddle? man should grow some balls. atiku no get two head.

i think obi tried to play a fast one on them , more like he betrayed them. what the SE need from PDP is the presidential ticket. No more no less. We don't need veepee under PDP.
Obi himself is a sell out, just left apga few days before.. As u said vp position is useless even senate president better pass am
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by ABlAstate: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Obi, Ngige, Okorocha, Ken Nnamani, etc are ok. But we igbos shouldn't put ex convicts like Orji Kalu in the list.

Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by DMerciful(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
You are looking at land we are looking at the economy that made millions of Igbos thrive successfully all over Nigeria. 50% of Igbos leave outside SE so general progress favors Igbos.PDP did well for Igbos
Misterdhee1:

Stupid assertion. The ones you voted for before Buhari were they successes? Okay, Buhari is a monumental failure, accepted - but when last really was Nigeria a place worthy of note? What feasible progress did pdp's 16 years in power brought to Igboland? Aside the few igbo men that were enriched through corruption and nepotistic appointments, is igbo land not the worst region in terms of federal presence? You guys are simply slaves to the pdp agenda, and sadly just within 7 years of being out of power, you guys want everything to scatter. Thankfully, you guys are just significant with online noisemaking, no one takes you guys serious in crucial matters.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Misterdhee1(m): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
DMerciful:
You are looking at land we are looking at the economy that made millions of Igbos thrive successfully all over Nigeria. 50% of Igbos leave outside SE so general progress favors Igbos.PDP did well for Igbos
Yeah, economy that functioned on corruption. And by the way if pdp had made SE a worthy place to reside and do business, would igbos be jumping up and down to do transact their businesses?
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by vinboss: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Umahi openly opposed Peter Obi in the just concluded Presidential election but he now claims to love the South East and ready to sacrifice himself for the region. As if he is talking to kids who doesn't know that all these his actions are just for selfish reasons.
Let's see where his support base will be.

That's is because the vp was supposed to go to ABIA or Ebonyi
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Onepeople: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

brother let take a look at reality now ,the odd does not favour the igbos to produce the next president, because of the two party system we now practice, the only time igboman can be president of Nigeria is only when the two major political parties decide to zone their ticket to eastern region anything less than that is efforts in futility. Except we just want to see igboman contest but not to win .we had our best chance after Obasanjo but he decided to use Jonathan. Don't force pdp to give us chance when APC is not willing to do same.every party goes into election to win not just to contest.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by DMerciful(m): 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
Dont be emotional, migration of Igbos to other regions started even before 1945. The whole of Nigeria is our terrain to the extent Amadu Bello was complaining of Igbo domination in the 50s.
You think we can be bounded by artificial boundaries created by illegitimate military govts?
Misterdhee1:

Yeah, economy that functioned on corruption. And by the way if pdp had made SE a worthy place to reside and do business, would igbos be jumping up and down to do transact their businesses?
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Misterdhee1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
DMerciful:
Dont be emotional, migration of Igbos to other regions started even before 1945. The whole of Nigeria is our terrain to the extent Amadu Bello was complaining of Igbo domination in the 50s.
You think we can be bounded by artificial boundaries created by illegitimate military govts?
Talking about being emotional, you're the guilty party. Again, what specific development has supporting pdp brought to you guys? Was it also the military that took up power in 1999-2015? BTW, the whole Nigeria isn't your terrain. Whoever you're is limited to your village. You're simply an economic almajiri outside of that enclave.

1 Like

Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by DMerciful(m): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2020
We cannot be bounded by borders created by illegitimate military govts so talking about SE for Igbos is talking nonsense! Igbos have stakes all over Nigeria! We left Nigeria btw 1967-1970 so when Nigeria fought for us to be in Nigeria,
they have to deal with the consequences.
Talking about specific development of Igbos btw 1999-2015 is to talk about the human capital development, the financial prosperity and most of all being treated fairly and equitably by the govts from 1999-2015. I know you see development as building of flyover but that's a narrow perspective
Misterdhee1:

Talking about being emotional, you're the guilty party. Again, what specific development has supporting pdp brought to you guys? Was it also the military that took up power in 1999-2015? BTW, the whole Nigeria isn't your terrain. Whoever you're is limited to your village. You're simply an economic almajiri outside of that enclave.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Misterdhee1(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
DMerciful:
We cannot be bounded by borders created by illegitimate military govts so talking about SE for Igbos is talking nonsense! Igbos have stakes all over Nigeria! We left Nigeria btw 1967-1970 so when Nigeria fought for us to be in Nigeria,
they have to deal with the consequences.
Talking about specific development of Igbos btw 1999-2015 is to talk about the human capital development, the financial prosperity and most of all being treated fairly and equitably by the govts from 1999-2015. I know you see development as building of flyover but that's a narrow perspective
Well millions of Igbos that are stuck in the east are still wallowing in wants, if we're to talk about financial prosperity. Again what specific gains did igbonation as an entity while pdp was in power. Being financially proselrous isnt necessary a govt role.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2020
Onepeople:
brother let take a look at reality now ,the odd does not favour the igbos to produce the next president, because of the two party system we now practice, the only time igboman can be president of Nigeria is only when the two major political parties decide to zone their ticket to eastern region anything less than that is efforts in futility. Except we just want to see igboman contest but not to win .we had our best chance after Obasanjo but he decided to use Jonathan. Don't force pdp to give us chance when APC is not willing to do same.every party goes into election to win not just to contest.

k
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by orisa37: 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
He doesn't know what he is talking about.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by DMerciful(m): 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
Igbos has never depended on govt per se! The most important thing an Igbo man needs is to be treated fairly as others are treated. You hear us hammering about equity and justice, we do not want to be treated better than others, but like others. Give us progressive policies and we are good. That's what PDP brought to fore while APC brings repressive policies, poverty oriented systems, we can't deal.

You have not asked the grossly underdeveloped North what 40yrs of rule brought to them but you're hypocritically asking the Igbos what PDP did for them. In the US, the blue states vote the Democrats party for a very long time so why chastise the East for sticking with PDP?
Misterdhee1:

Well millions of Igbos that are stuck in the east are still wallowing in wants, if we're to talk about financial prosperity. Again what specific gains did igbonation as an entity while pdp was in power. Being financially proselrous isnt necessary a govt role.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Misterdhee1(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
DMerciful:
Igbos has never depended on govt per se! The most important thing an Igbo man needs is to be treated fairly as others are treated. You hear us hammering about equity and justice, we do not want to be treated better than others, but like others. Give us progressive policies and we are good. That's what PDP brought to fore while APC brings repressive policies, poverty oriented systems, we can't deal.

You have not asked the grossly underdeveloped North what 40yrs of rule brought to them but you're hypocritically asking the Igbos what PDP did for them. In the US, the blue states vote the Democrats party for a very long time so why chastise the East for sticking with PDP?
No one is chastising east for sticking with pdp. It's rather about you guys being sore losers just because your favorite party was ousted democratically. And if progressive policies means systemic corruption and a totally absent infrastructural development, then you guys need to do a total check on your values.

And please stop trying to twist fact, even the devil knows that igbos have superficial ego and always want to dominate, hence the reason why no one wants to trust an igbo man with power.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by DMerciful(m): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
Systemic corruption is far more in this APC led govt and you know it. Inspite of gagging the media, we still hear of massive corruption. Sore losers? Please! The rest of Nigeria that voted Bubu out of spite are the real losers, immediately Bubu won in 2015, we knew what to expect so adjusted but you guys who expected improvement and never made backup plans are worse off!

Igbo presidency? It's just a matter of time and that fear that if an Igbo man becomes president,
he will rock the boat will surely come to pass. But growing national poverty will force Nigeria to stop the gang up against Igbos by way of restructuring or balkanization
Misterdhee1:

No one is chastising east for sticking with pdp. It's rather about you guys being sore losers just because your favorite party was ousted democratically. And if progressive policies means systemic corruption and a totally absent infrastructural development, then you guys need to do a total check on your values.

And please stop trying to twist fact, even the devil knows that igbos have superficial ego and always want to dominate, hence the reason why no one wants to trust an igbo man with power.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Misterdhee1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
DMerciful:
Systemic corruption is far more in this APC led govt and you know it. Inspite of gagging the media, we still hear of massive corruption. Sore losers? Please! The rest of Nigeria that voted Bubu out of spite are the real losers, immediately Bubu won in 2015, we knew what to expect so adjusted but you guys who expected improvement and never made backup plans are worse off!

Igbo presidency? It's just a matter of time and that fear that if an Igbo man becomes president,
he will rock the boat will surely come to pass. But growing national poverty will force Nigeria to stop the gang up against Igbos by way of restructuring or balkanization
What's the meaning of the bolded? Where's you fact? Or you simply conjured up aba-made stats and decided to just throw it in as a point? Many individuals (including igbos and non-igbos) learnt to adjust with the economic realities, yeah. Ironically, it's the Igbos that make up the loudest noisemakers - always on the edge to analyze issues while their region remains backward with no feasible development. Buhari has failed undeniably, but is Buhari also the governor of your five states? Which sensible development has the igbo nation achieved despite the much acclaimed "superiority.?"

BTW, thank you for coming to terms with the fact that restructuring is far more achievable than an igbo presidency. The well-publicized empty ego is even written all over your comments.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by DMerciful(m): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2020
We fought to get out of Nigeria, you fought to keep us in Nigeria so you have to deal with the consequences of having Igbos around. If you think we are irritants then brace up because we can only get stronger the farther the years from the civil war, our weakest point! Restructuring will favor Igbos more than Igbo presidency because presidency benefits the president, his friends and family. But some people are blocking restructuring because of the fear of Igbo domination. Imagine a country developing policy to prevent domination by merit! So meritocracy has been replaced with mediocrity as a national policy since 1970 after the Biafra war ended. How can you be afraid of meritocratic domination? You just need to up your game!
Misterdhee1:

What's the meaning of the bolded? Where's you fact? Or you simply conjured up aba-made stats and decided to just throw it in as a point? Many individuals (including igbos and non-igbos) learnt to adjust with the economic realities, yeah. Ironically, it's the Igbos that make up the loudest noisemakers - always on the edge to analyze issues while their region remains backward with no feasible development. Buhari has failed undeniably, but is Buhari also the governor of your five states? Which sensible development has the igbo nation achieved despite the much acclaimed "superiority.?"

BTW, thank you for coming to terms with the fact that restructuring is far more achievable than an igbo presidency. The well-publicized empty ego is even written all over your comments.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by Misterdhee1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
DMerciful:
We fought to get out of Nigeria, you fought to keep us in Nigeria so you have to deal with the consequences of having Igbos around. If you think we are irritants then brace up because we can only get stronger the farther the years from the civil war, our weakest point! Restructuring will favor Igbos more than Igbo presidency because presidency benefits the president, his friends and family. But some people are blocking restructuring because of the fear of Igbo domination. Imagine a country developing policy to prevent domination by merit! So meritocracy has been replaced with mediocrity as a national policy since 1970 after the Biafra war ended. How can you be afraid of meritocratic domination? You just need to up your game!
Well, you're the first igbo man voicing out in support of restructuring. Your brothers are either for an imaginary online country or an unachievable presidency.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by DMerciful(m): 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ohaneze has been pushing restructuring more than any other organization. Ohaneze represents Igbos, other groups are fake!

You guys keep following IPOB so you can give a dog a bad name and hang it while leaving Ohaneze, the official Igbo group

https://allafrica.com/stories/201812190557.html
Misterdhee1:

Well, you're the first igbo man voicing out in support of restructuring. Your brothers are either for an imaginary online country or an unachievable presidency.
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by dbonks(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Wike is a dictator and a very big one at that.

He is very devilish and full of hate.

An ikwerre man who locks up people means of survival for over one year and nearly wipe out a whole community because of age long hatred....

Even dicator is an understatement, he is a brutal dictator with no conscience.

You see how people like you are lieing, and trying to create problem between Rivers people and their Igbo brothers for nothing, is on record that the brotherhood between the Rivers people and their Igbo brothers far existed before you were born, and will post-date you, we all know that a sitting Governor cannot control army battalion to go and start killing people, and we also know that what happened in Oyigbo was been miss- interpreted by people like you for whatever reason only you knows, but remember that so many indigenes of Iriebe were attacked and killed, during the represal by the Hausa community following the attack on them by the Hoodlum, likewise were few people from Etche who were going home, but was caught in the cross-fire at Eleme Junction, all these would have degenerated, but for the prompt intervention, by the security agents to steam the tide. Today the question that people like you should ask themselves is;

Why haven't we recorded more problems between the Hausa, Igbo and Rivers People Living in Oyigbo?

Why are people going about their normal businesses without being attacked by the security agents, as was the case before now?

Why were Igbos living in other parts of Rivers State not attacked and Killed during this time, if the attacked was on Igbos as claimed by you?

For avoidance of doubt, am from Rivers State, my beautiful wife is Igbo by birth, I love her and would marry her over again, I have more than 8 tenants Among others who are Igbos, but during this time that you claimed Wike ordered attack on Igbos we were all together living happily, so my brother, desist from this campaign of blackmail, it won't do you any good, you can play your politics, support any party you wish to, hate any politician, including Wike but don't use what happened few weeks ago in Oyigbo as bases, because as we know, certain hoodlums who used the name and guise of IPOB, decided to cause problems within Oyigbo, thereby trying to pick the Governor of Rivers and it's people against our long loved and peaceful brothers from Igbo land

#peace
#letgoodreasoningprevail.

1 Like

Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by adadike(f): 2:30am On Nov 20, 2020
Tranquill:

After spending day and night insulting other regions/tribes

Fantasy is free though
as if other regions don't insult other tribes too. In politics, no permanent friend but permanent interest
Re: Wike To Umahi: You Are Wrong To Call Me A Dictator by adadike(f): 2:32am On Nov 20, 2020
Eastlink:
Which useless APGA? Is it the one Peter Obi sold to PDP cheaply or another one. Abegi APGA ko, servants ni!
whatever! You guys should build a national party like others and stop doing attached by force. The only thing umahi can ever get close too is Senate president

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Destroy APC Governorship Campaign Venue In Rivers State / Borno Man Accuses FG Of Abandoning Victims Of IDP Camp Bombing (Graphic Pics) / Ortom: Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Cow Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.