Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us (25858 Views)

We've Lost Confidence In Results Collated & Announced By INEC - Labour Party / 2023: We Have Lost Confidence In INEC Conducting Free, Fair Election With BVAS – / I've Lost Confidence In INEC & 2023 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Frankiecrenshaw: 3:52am On Nov 19, 2020
E don tay bros..na now e they manifest
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by akilo1: 3:57am On Nov 19, 2020
Since birth. I lost confidence in nigeria not only police
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Yankee101: 4:00am On Nov 19, 2020
Tey tey
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by FBS: 4:08am On Nov 19, 2020
You would think this a known and long standing issue.
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Judybash93(m): 4:09am On Nov 19, 2020
Tey tey
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by bilulu(m): 4:29am On Nov 19, 2020
how will communities that don't trust the police work with them? Oga just tell them to stop harassing and collecting bribe.
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Elan83(m): 4:44am On Nov 19, 2020
JoeEeL:
For those who keep saying 'One Nigeria', here's a small list. See for yourselves: undecided

President : NW Muslim
Senate President : NE Muslim
INEC Chairperson : NW Muslim
Speaker of the House of Reps : SW Muslim
Chief of Air Staff : NE Muslim
Minister of Defence : NW Muslim
Chief of Army Staff : NE Muslim
Inspector General of Police : NC Muslim
National Security Adviser : NE Muslim
Dir. of National Intelligence Agency : NW Muslim
Dir. General SSS : NW Muslim
Comptroller General of Immigration : NW Muslim
Comptroller General of Customs : NW Muslim
Comptroller General of Civil Defence : NW Muslim
Comptroller General of Nigerian Immigration Services : N Muslim
Acting Chairman of EFCC : NE Muslim
Chief Justice of the Federation : NE Muslim
Code of Conduct Head : NE Muslim
Managing Director of Ports Authority : NW Muslim
NIMASA : N Muslim
NNPC Managing Director : NE Muslim
Minister of Education : NE Muslim
National Universities Commission : NW Muslim
JAMB : SW Muslim

And all these rogues mentioned has absolutely nothing to offer Nigerians! just to steal & steal our scarce resources

1 Like

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Kennitrust(m): 4:50am On Nov 19, 2020
Area thugs that are well known to be terrorizing the community once held me and deals seriously with me and collect all the money my pocket.

In my frustration, I ran to the police station to report the incident. Immediately I told the officer that was taking my statement that, the hoodlum have collected the "all money" in my pocket... Lol, she stop taking my statement and she immediately became reluctant in processing my case.

Finally, I have to excuse myself and walk out of the station.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Jabioro: 5:14am On Nov 19, 2020
Don try wey yansh dey back..
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 19, 2020
What did you expect from Janjaweeed police?
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by jacoik(m): 5:16am On Nov 19, 2020
HAccord:
When a Nigerian sees a policeman, instead of seeing a saviour or a hero, he sees a thief, a dishonest rogue, a murder, a tomentor who would not hesitate to lay false allegations so as to profit from same.

It has become a norm for donkey years and the IGP stop pretending he didn't know about the rot in the police system.
you just said it all bro. in fact, that is end of discussion

1 Like

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Upmost96(f): 5:35am On Nov 19, 2020
Before nko
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by begge: 5:42am On Nov 19, 2020
There wasn't a time we all have confident in the nigeria police
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Pio44: 5:46am On Nov 19, 2020
[quote author=JoeEeL post=96196997]For those who keep saying 'One Nigeria', here's a small list. See for yourselves: undecided

President : NW Muslim
Senate President : NE Muslim
INEC Chairperson : NW Muslim
Speaker of the House of Reps : SW Muslim
Chief of Air Staff : NE Muslim
Minister of Defence : NW Muslim
Chief of Army Staff : NE Muslim
Inspector General of Police : NC Muslim
National Security Adviser : NE Muslim
Dir. of National Intelligence Agency : NW Muslim
Dir. General SSS : NW Muslim
Comptroller General of Immigration : NW Muslim
Comptroller General of Customs : NW Muslim
Comptroller General of Civil Defence : NW Muslim
Comptroller General of Nigerian Immigration Services : N Muslim
Acting Chairman of EFCC : NE Muslim
Chief Justice of the Federation : NE Muslim
Code of Conduct Head : NE Muslim
Managing Director of Ports Authority : NW Muslim
NIMASA : N Muslim
NNPC Managing Director : NE Muslim
Minister of Education : NE Muslim
National Universities Commission : NW Muslim
JAMB : SW Muslim

All of them are not academically standard

1 Like

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:50am On Nov 19, 2020
Even you have lost confidence in yourself
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by favour32(m): 5:51am On Nov 19, 2020
Na so Oyinbo police dey stay roads dey collect money?

2 Likes

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Splitmind: 5:57am On Nov 19, 2020
I wonder what could have happened to cause such. sad
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by adecz: 6:05am On Nov 19, 2020
If we had a normal, mentally stable
president, he should have sacked the
IGP because of his failure in checking
the excesses of his boys which led to
the EndSars brouhaha!!

But because we have a brain dead leader,
he doesn't even understand what is
going on.

His service chiefs will just tell him
that Yoruba & Igbo are using the protest
to try to unseat him & the mumu will
agree... undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by buchilino(m): 6:10am On Nov 19, 2020
4 DOSE DEFENDING NIGERIAN POLICE, TRY DRIVING UR CAR FROM LAGOS TO BENIN ONLY. TELLS US UR EXPERIENCE.
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by annyz: 6:12am On Nov 19, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/igp-nigerians-have-lost-confidence-trust-in-us/

We will never believe in you since it is the same old wine in new bottle.
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by BennyDGreat: 6:20am On Nov 19, 2020
Kennitrust:
Area thugs that are well known to be terrorizing the community once held me and deals seriously with me and collect all the money my pocket.

In my frustration, I ran to the police station to report the incident. Immediately I told the officer that was taking my statement that, the hoodlum have collected the "all money" in my pocket... Lol, she stop taking my statement and she immediately became reluctant in processing my case.

Finally, I have to excuse myself and walk out of the station.

That's how they do. She wanted you to part with something. They don't care if you have issue or not. You must pay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Tonymario58: 6:21am On Nov 19, 2020
Do the needful, RESIGN.
That's the honorable action to take.
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 19, 2020
[s]
ijustdey:

[/s] Youou should continue to live in fool's paradise. Grand delusion.
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Haywhyluv: 6:24am On Nov 19, 2020
When u are not professional in your dealings
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by ibolord(m): 6:28am On Nov 19, 2020
Good morning Adamu
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by leisuretym: 6:39am On Nov 19, 2020
SARS tarnished your image, imagine a sars officer is now using his sienna to carry passengers to iyana oworo..

Investigate any SARS guy with a tinted sienna, and mini tinted private bus
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 19, 2020
sapientia:
He is just coming to terms

Shebi he was talking tough.

No single word on using police cars to bring thugs to attack #EndSARs protesters.

No word on confirmed videos of police killing unarmed people in broad day and shaking themselves after.

No arrest of a known thug that attacked #EndSARs protesters.

The police have lost the trust completely.

And if they don't retrace their steps.

Any unrest in Nigeria, they will always bear the blunt.

Let him not investigate his men and apologise to Nigerians.

This IG is even occupying the position illegally

He should proceed on retirement already.

He's there to do the work of the Janjaweeed

1 Like

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by gbadeyinka: 6:40am On Nov 19, 2020
#EndSars brought to the fore the age long & systemic corruption & brutality of police officers. To reverse the distrust, police officers must start behaving with a sense responsibility, civility & decorum. They lack all these attributes & they have gotten used to a life of extortion & criminality within the system. The senior hierarchy is aware & they benefit from the corrupt system.
To stem the tide, the welfare of police officers must be addressed. Officers must be promoted as at when due, payments of new ranks must be paid, pension scheme must be reviewed & made attractive, accommodation must be addressed, training facility & regular training should not only be available, but accessible to deserving officers. Retired officers are short changed & most times, they retire into penury after serving for 3 decades. It is a rotten system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by snoopanddre(m): 6:42am On Nov 19, 2020
HAccord:
When a Nigerian sees a policeman, instead of seeing a saviour or a hero, he sees a thief, a dishonest rogue, a murderer, a tomentor who would not hesitate to lay false allegations so as to profit from same.

It has become a norm for donkey years and the IGP should stop pretending he didn't know about the rot in the police system.
You hav said everything
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by erospecial: 6:43am On Nov 19, 2020
You're police for your extortion and politicians.
You've never been for the people and never have the confidence of the people because the men of the under world have been more humane and accommodating than you Nigerian police!!!
Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Ellasure: 6:43am On Nov 19, 2020
It is a welcome development for the highest ranking police officers to say and agree to loss of public confidence. A very good step towards realignment to good decision making process of the future. Let this sink into all police rank and file without shame but with humility and regret. Better days ahead.

Now, please don't contemplate the use of firearms on the public in a public gatherings. The day police do that, is all over for Nigeria. Everybody will thus resort to firearms too.

There is no country or society without need for police or policing, it is the methodology, processes and procedures that requires looking into for revision. We have enough brilliant people in Nigeria nay the world to get the wisdom to establish a justified police system and officer corps. Individually we may not be good people but when you bring good brains together things work.

ijustdey:

Re: IGP: Nigerians Have Lost Confidence, Trust In Us by Arabs999: 6:43am On Nov 19, 2020
You are the main Devil.
And the original lucifer is now an apprentice in your office...
OUR MUMU DON DOOOO undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Criminals From Imo Who Claimed To Be From Anambra Arrested In Delta State / Police Confirms Promotion Of Magu, 5 Others As AIG / Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.