Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) (33658 Views)

Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) / Folashade Adesina: Nurse ‘Pierced Newborn Baby’s Eyes To Avenge Carryover’ / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by Alimat40: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
This is very unfortunate event. Father heal this baby and let him not suffer the inefficiency in our country, Nigeria. Boy, you are healed in Jesus name
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by Ayandokun2000: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
For y'all saying it's poverty that's making them still using lantern, the answer is capital NO...it may not be for the purpose of producing light at night.

Lantern is used to treat/heal the abdomen of babies in some ways I don't need to explain (ask ur mum/granny)
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by HITsquad: 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
Why y'all posting this stuff here smh for nairaland!
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by magnum247: 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
Oizee:
go and sit down, why won't you type nonsense when God favour u compare to other people. Poor people should live miserable for life? Help them when you see one, there is a reason we have wealth and poverty in d dictionary, it means the two must exist no matter how people strive and nature has made it so too.
Though i'm still trying to understand what u typed but from d little i understood, i can tell d angle u re coming from. All I'm trying to say is that before u have a child, plan for it even it means you delay having the baby.You don't have to be rich to do this. what if d woman had complications there?? and God forbid there is a high risk of losing her and the baby. There is great suffering in this country already and having a baby isn't a small responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by buchai: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
Poverty na bastard

Our government na bastard
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by IME1: 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kirchoffs:
No be efritin be prayer ......I really pity Nigerians any little thing una go begin pray

I lost an uncle this year, a very great man, the world lost Steve Jobs, churches have lost leaders and priests, families have lost children, offices have lost bosses, billionaire clubs have lost members...

These people had money, some also prayed, some didn't. But they left us in this world.

Some people who didn't have money in the past have had great testimonies of how they received healing from serious health issues that required lots of money they didn't have.

Some had money and didn't believe in prayers and their money couldn't provide the healing the best medical care they could afford.

If I have money, lots of it and I am ill, the first thing I'd do is pray, then find my way to the hospital if the Spirit leads me there - all for the glory of God, for its God Who has given medics the knowledge, skill and ability to tend human bodies.

I'm a testimony.

Most of late June through to early August I was seriously ill. I spent most of my days on bed.
Days I couldn't even pray while I lay there. I eventually landed in hospital on admission and spent 6 digits in the few days I was there. I was sad until a sister told me something very strong. She told me that God had a reason for me to be there and I should find it and truly I met and attended to some people, 2 of whom died after I'd left. I was told by a man among them who was discharged after me. What role did I play? For the little time I encountered those people, I ministered to them in ways they were very grateful to God for. Although they died, they received care the overwhelmed medics couldn't give before they passed. I also prayed for them and encouraged them.

But God answers prayers in His way. He may choose to heal or take them back to Himself afterall we would all go one day, whether sick or in health).

So

1 Like

Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by Donjuan77: 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
baby am very sorry for the pains you are passing through but not to worry, u will be fine by God Grace.
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by Nktessy(f): 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
Oh no may God heal him speedily. He is too tender to suffer such grave pains
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2020
Oh, Lord.

Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by BeigJawnson(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
magnum247:
i blame the father....b4 having a baby, a lot of things should be put in place. im sure the lady didn't even go for antenatal. u have brought out a baby to start suffering from this tender age cause u don't have d funds to send d mom to even a village clinic. Shame on d man!

HOW CAN YOU BLAME THA FATHER? AND HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THESE?

HE CAN BE FINANCIALLY OKAY BEFORE THA PREGNANCY, DO YOU KNOW, HE CAN LOST HIS JOB BFORE THA BABY WAS BORN... SO STOP TALKING AS IF YOU ARE THAT PERFECT...
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by VicM6: 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
this one never start life yet nd village ppl don set him record straight.... God help the little cutie.
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by ultimatekint(m): 10:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
I hate this country ��, with passion. It is a great mistake (sorry God) being born in this country ��. ��
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by Dlaw6578: 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
Why God......he fit be say na this baby go deliver nigeria o.....rip
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by Dearlord(m): 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
Chai !! This baby na Sufanus, wicked parents, what kind of negligence is this?
A new baby that we can't even blink an eyes away from is what this one are so careless with.
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by poiZon: 7:25am On Nov 20, 2020
magnum247:
i blame the father....b4 having a baby, a lot of things should be put in place. im sure the lady didn't even go for antenatal. u have brought out a baby to start suffering from this tender age cause u don't have d funds to send d mom to even a village clinic. Shame on d man!
Those who got a job this January, they are 35 already, cos the job was promising, they gather small money marry hoping to consolidate on the job, then corona came, workers including him were retrench....
Nobody knows tomorrow, it's only God that knows the end from the beginning.
Things happen in someone's life that u will think it's magic and u will want to wake up from such dream.
Life isn't how we plan it to be, life happens.
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by Josywhyte: 11:11am On Nov 20, 2020
This is what a poor country does to her citizens....
Re: Fire From Lantern Burns NewBorn Baby In Calabar (Graphic Photos) by HADI854: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2020
post=96202942:
Update From . COM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLgvcMf8hDs

A Newborn baby, now four-day-old, has been hospitalised after fire from lantern burned his face and other parts of the body immediately he came out of his mother’s womb in Calabar, Cross River State capital, Reports.

, Gathered that the unfortunate incident happened on Saturday, November 14, 2020, when the kerosene lantern exploded, burning the newborn baby in turn – though not to death but with high degree of injuries.

According to Ijeoma Stella Aluka, who shared the ordeal of the baby on Wednesday to News Desk, Four Days after, the mother of the baby went to a Traditional Birth Attendant, TBA to give birth due to paucity of funds, when the ugly incident occurred and the baby was rushed to Victoria Medical Centre, beside Hi-Quality Bakery, Ndidem Usang Iso Road, Marian, Calabar, where he is currently receiving treatments.

Aluka said, although the woman had given birth successfully but the fire from a fallen lantern has turned the happy story to a sad one, Reports.

“I just came across this 4-day-old baby this afternoon at Victoria Medical Centre located at Marian Road just beside Hi-Quality Bakery…

“The mother went to give birth at one local home like that because of lack of funds to go to the hospital…

“…That there was a big lantern for illumination in the room and as soon as the baby came out the lantern mistakenly fell over and caused an explosion which in turn burnt the baby.

“I don’t want to imagine the pain the innocent baby is going through and that of even the ignorant mother is going through right now”, she said.

She further pleaded with the public for help to save the baby and support her mother. “Please, whatever you can do to help, please, I beg you, reach out.

“They are at Victoria Medical Centre at Marian, Calabar. You can reach out to them with help; whether pampers, baby milk, hospital bills, money for drugs – anything will help”, Aluka pleaded.

See The Graphic Photos As Obtained By Below:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3378232368892895&id=100001184942142
people should pls learn to b careful with all these fire lantern.
Any lick, crack from any of these household lanterns can lead to severe disaster.
I pray God grant d child Quick recovery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How True Is Graviola Tree Being A Natural Cancer Cell Killer? / Anambra Discovers Unused 4 Ventilators In Medical Store / ECOWAS Official, Who Recieved Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, Dies Of Ebola In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.