Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? (63847 Views)

Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) / Lekki Shootings: CNN Objects To Lagos Panel’s Invitation / Lekki Shootings: CNN To Lai Mohammed, 'You Didn't Provide Any Evidence' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by helicoptarr: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
#StayWoke

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by emperor863(m): 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
ashacot:
Well, after both videos, I feel both have their report based on the availability of evidence present. That the BBC reporter said no one died at the lekki toll gate contradicts CNN report. But remember the BBC reporter said she was there for a little above 20mins. While CNN report said the Army shot for hours.

You did not add that the CNN reporter was no way near the Lekki tollgates and had to depend on "evidence" of videos.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
True

Ceenelly:
OK
That one dey

A people that disobey law and order should not cry in a lawless situation, the Governor of Lagos state declare a curfew but some certain individual said no to the directive, in all every one of them both the government, army and the people that disobey govt order have cause us all this unnecessary report by BBC and CNN

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:
These are the video report of both reputable international TV stations on the lekki shooting incident. The incident has generated quite a lot of controversies around the world. While the Nigerian Government has vehemently denied shooting at the lekki protesters. The Army on the other hand earlier denied going to lekki to shoot, but later admitted that it was at the lekki tool gate but didn't shoot live bullet. They also claimed they shot at the air not at protesters.
But the protesters are insisting that they were shot at and many were killed. The major protester at the ground DJ switch told CNN that the soldiers shot at them and killed lots of people.

Both CNN and BBC have given their own report on what happened at the lekki toll gate. While BBC reporter Damilola Banjo who was at the protest ground reported that the Army was shooting on air, but only saw one man grasping for air which she was not because of gun bullet, the CNN video said the Army actually shot at the protesters with live bullet. Though the CNN was not present at the protest ground.

So Nairalanders, watch the video report from both CNN and BBC. who is actually giving the real account of what happened at Lekki toll gate on the 20 of October 2020

BBC report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSRq_WAdlE

CNN report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKhJcL2ttls

BBC pidgin service a lot of times do not give accurate reports and news on what is going on. They have been criticized a lot of times for getting journalist which are informed of the situation on the ground. I think to make a fair comparison it is better BBC just their own documentary like CNN.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Dogeater(m): 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
My one question is did the army shot at the air or on the air ?
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by BigBrother9ja: 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
Eteka1:
BBC is giving eye witness report while CNN is echoing propaganda.
Or deh
Do you know the meaning of eye report?
He dee ort
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jake19:
BBC were present at the venue and gave their report but anyone who watch the CNN report and still say there is no massacre at the lekki toll gate on that day is heartless.

It is a shame that we even have to rely on foreign journalists and TV stations to get a clearer view of what happened at the lekki toll gate.
Shame on Our journalists
No one wants to be sanctioned by the FG. The Federal government have the media in their pockets. Looking at the way ARISE, Channels and AIT have been fined. They want to be careful. We are in a dictatorial regime
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by BadBradley: 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:
These are the video report of both reputable international TV stations on the lekki shooting incident. The incident has generated quite a lot of controversies around the world. While the Nigerian Government has vehemently denied shooting at the lekki protesters. The Army on the other hand earlier denied going to lekki to shoot, but later admitted that it was at the lekki tool gate but didn't shoot live bullet. They also claimed they shot at the air not at protesters.
But the protesters are insisting that they were shot at and many were killed. The major protester at the ground DJ switch told CNN that the soldiers shot at them and killed lots of people.

Both CNN and BBC have given their own report on what happened at the lekki toll gate. While BBC reporter Damilola Banjo who was at the protest ground reported that the Army was shooting on air, but only saw one man grasping for air which she was not because of gun bullet, the CNN video said the Army actually shot at the protesters with live bullet. Though the CNN was not present at the protest ground.

So Nairalanders, watch the video report from both CNN and BBC. who is actually giving the real account of what happened at Lekki toll gate on the 20 of October 2020

BBC report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSRq_WAdlE

CNN report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKhJcL2ttls
The BBC reporter is a Nigerian so is compromised already with all the threats and intimidation going on. We cite probable cause of bias and fear.

A simple question:

*why is the government so desperate to claim there was no shooting? They should leave it for the army to defend the allegation.

*Why did that army lie and flip flopped if it had nothing to hide?

*Why did Buhari conveniently not mention the lekki shooting during his dry speech addressing the nation?

*Why did the Nigeria army deny the judicial panel of inquiry access to it's mortuary? What are they hiding?

It's not the lack of technology that makes Nigeria a 3rd world country, it's the lack of development in every human facet of life!
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by babz11(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
reidkrugger:
First of, the army lied multiple times. Like five times consistently, consecutively and very contradictingly so there word means nothing anymore bcuz they've bleeped themselves hard in d arsse. Pussy guys.
Now, did they use live ammo? Yes they did. The evidences are there through the shells. Those things picked on d tolls were live ammo not blanks. Another lie.
Sanwo also lied too. First he said no deaths, then he said just two then him and d army started fuckin around fighting eachother like pussies and trading blames.
My take, the army shot at Dem. And even if they didnt, which they did. Why did they go their with live ammo at all? Why also were they lying all along. I was raised up to believe dat the Army don't lie. All of Dem wearing dat uniform should bury there heads in shame for dat stupid act they put up at d polls. I shame for Dem.

If you know about guns you will understand that you can't fire blank bullet without shooting life bullets first and Army will always carry live ammunition incase situation change, Drill can change anytime
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by hayzed1090: 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2020
babz11:

If you know about guns you will understand that you can't fire blank bullet without shooting life bullets first and Army will always carry live ammunition incase situation change, Drill can change anytime

So your point sir ? Was live ammunition shot or not
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Midas01: 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2020
How did protesters make things difficult in the country?

Are protesters the reason the naira is 475/$?

Are protesters the reason for the high level of unemployment, insecurity, kidnappings, Boko haram, bandits, corruption etc?

I thought you guys said protesters made the price of foodstuff skyrocket....since there's been no protests for over three weeks now is onion now N20 like before?

@ bolded, you have bigger issues then police abducting people and killing them at will?

You are mad...and so are your fellow senseless atheists.
IamPlato:
Protesters keep It In Mind That You All Made Things Harder for The Rest Of Us in This Country Economy

Can We Move On From This? We Have Bigger Issues To Deal With.

CNN can Go To Syria And Look For Massacre There
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Neddstark: 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2020
Raymondfayowole:

Sure, u hav a point there. My prob was wen u made it seem like evrytin cnn reported was fake just because it was coming from cnn. I was not there so I can't tell u what I don't know. We saw different directions the army shot that day, some were shooting to the air while some to the crowd. The BBC video also explained they were denied access to the lekki toll gate the next morning. Who knows if they were clearing up their mess at that tme.

No, it wasn't entirely fake. It just got some spice that will make people think it was an fullout massacre as painted by those fake news mongers who said 100 people died at first..
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by dreadsbee: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
It seems BBC has been manipulated. Why is it that the video of the burning of places are real to the FG and the Lekki massacre is fake, it is not from the same shoot at different locations. We should not deceive ourselves. We want better days to this country again
May God save this country

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Burstit(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
abeg Bleep off
You are losing you sanity
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Futuragetty: 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
Eteka1:
BBC is giving eye witness report while CNN is echoing propaganda.
Bbc report is totally wrong. Nigeria soldiers shot at us. I was there. a girl that followed my crew to the ground was shoot dead.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
BadBradley:
The BBC reporter is a Nigerian so is compromised already with all the threats and intimidation going on. We cite probable cause of bias and fear.

A simple question:

*why is the government so desperate to claim there was no shooting? They should leave it for the army to defend the allegation.

*Why did that army lie and flip flopped if it had nothing to hide?

*Why did Buhari conveniently not mention the lekki shooting during his dry speech addressing the nation?

*Why did the Nigeria army deny the judicial panel of inquiry access to it's mortuary? What are they hiding?

It's not the lack of technology that makes Nigeria a 3rd world country, it's the lack of development in every human facet of life!

A lot of these reporters for BBC and no full-time staff they are just paid journalist to give everything and stories. If you look at BBC hausa service they make a lot of mistakes even on boko Haram target sometimes they give the wrong Village which was attacked sometimes they give the wrong villages dates which now attacked. These are not fully paid BBC observance and journalist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by bilulu(m): 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2020
IamPlato:
Protesters keep It In Mind That You All Made Things Harder for The Rest Of Us in This Country Economy

bigger issue like what exactly?
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
Futuragetty:

Bbc report is totally wrong. Nigeria soldiers shot at us. I was there. a girl that followed my crew to the ground was shoot dead.

Please you have to understand how BBC work before making accusations again most of this report is journalists and observers in most African country are totally independent reporters they are only tuned to come and give a story for BBC are observe a story for BBC they are not full-time BBC staff. Mostly in Kenya and South Africa this is where you have BBC stuff which are fully paid and employed by BBC. Yes the shooting did take place and many people were injured and killed. With this local pigeon service and hausa service for BBC their local reporters and journalists make a lot of mistakes and what BBC must try to do they must get permanent observers not just to rely on any Tom Dick and Harry which gives report for them. Using independent journalist is not always the best
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by chamboy(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
I see no one here understands Politics and the way it works.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Akainzo(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2020
jidxin:
i did ooooo and i can attest to the killings at leats i saw someone's guts spilled out

So what happened to your phone during that period?

Did you take any pictures?
Did you take any videos?

What is your own account/narrative of what happened that night, please share with us.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Akainzo(m): 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thefxchanger:

And u didn’t see the guy in the video released by cnn with an excerpt video of his dead brother but they can’t find the dead body of his brother till today?

Isn’t that enuf to prove that the army carted away dead bodies of those they killed ?

The same CNN said the Army left the scene after a while. So what now happened to the injured, or those that died after the army left? What happened to the phones of the people present at the scene to capture the pictures/videos of these dead and injured?

When the army carted away the bodies of the dead, did they also clean off the blood on the ground? Did they also take away the critically injured?
How come there are no videos of the army picking dead bodies from the floor, is it that all the phones at the scene stopped working at this critical moment?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Akainzo(m): 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
Minjim:

Don't be quick to castigate Nigerian reporters.
CNN and BBC operates in a society that encourages and value freedom of speech and Press Freedom.
What we have have is a dictator and propaganda government that doesn't want people to be informed. All their laws are geared towards gagging the press.
I watched Channels Tv reporting the crisis live that day and showing people that witnessed the whole incident. The reporter even held two bullets picked from the scene.
But I guessed NBC had made them delete that video from their site.
But thank God for Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tPOpHkRNFI

If you actually look at the bullets showcased in this report, those are BLANKS! This actually confirms that the army fired blanks.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Nato008(m): 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ceenelly:
this is just the truth of the situation without being partial
but do u know the consequences of the govt accepting this truth.....na ICC be there home be that nah
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
one of the biggest problem in Nigeria today is illiteracy. If you take the tollgate where the shooting was the protesters what about 200 to 300 m long. The army only shot at the view in front, you cannot expect somebody to be in the protest to see all the shooting when the protest was more than 200 metres long. At best at night you cannot see more than 50 m. To most observers will not have sun the people in front being shot. If you were at the back of the protest or you are in the middle of the protest you will not have seen people in front being shot and killed. If you take a crowd of up to 300 metres long and at night with no lights 50 m is the best you can see.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
Akainzo:

The same CNN said the Army left the scene after a while. So what now happened to the injured, or those that died after the army left? What happened to the phones of the people present at the scene to capture the pictures/videos of these dead and injured?

When the army carted away the bodies of the dead, did they also clean off the blood on the ground? Did they also take away the critically injured?
How come there are no videos of the army picking dead bodies from the floor, is it that all the phones at the scene stopped working at this critical moment?

Illiterate if you hear gunshots and people are shooting at you when you wait to take pictures or videos
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Eteka1(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
Futuragetty:

What is her name please?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by pannyman(m): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jake19:
BBC were present at the venue and gave their report but anyone who watch the CNN report and still say there is no massacre at the lekki toll gate on that day is heartless.

It is a shame that we even have to rely on foreign journalists and TV stations to get a clearer view of what happened at the lekki toll gate.
Shame on Our journalists

The radio journalists are the worst. They just sit in their studios and ask callers to give them reports.
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by peacekante: 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
Futuragetty:

Has the girl's family spoken up about their Daughter's death ?
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Akainzo(m): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Illiterate if you hear gunshots and people are shooting at you when you went to take pictures or videos

But SMART you actually believes that DJ Switch had the presence of mind to be doing IG live while Army was shooting at her and others, she even had the presence of mind to walk to the soldiers to ask questions, walk away, then the soldiers started shooting at them again. And all the while, she was on IG live and you watched it live.

But when asked about others, you suddenly realize that it is practically impossible to be moving around and making videos while being shot at continuously.

You smart brain will still reset.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by Edopesin: 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Born2Breed:

The Governor said, “Two dead bodies, that is what we have seen from all the morgue...."

You wey your papa foolish, how you want take differentiate sense from nonsense. When all you have been feed all your life is nonsense.

Two dead bodies whose deaths are not gun related

You're delusional

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by loswhite(m): 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
IamPlato:

Buhari made things soft for you I guess
Re: Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? by loswhite(m): 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
peacekante:

Yea that was a very extensive investigation but we shouldn't rule out the BBC own report where it's journalist was present at the protest ground
you mean present for 20 minutes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Bomb Blast In Kano State!! / Man Lies On The Ground For Akpabio At The Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.