Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? (1119 Views)

Which Is Easier To Raise, Male Child Or Female Child? / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by Rapsodee(m): 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2020
legacystore:
In these days of social media it's not possible to cage anyone, meeting a man or woman is one click away.

It's impossible to cage someone that is on social media chatting daily with a smartphone.

It may be possible in yester years but not today
Hmmm...that's deep sir
Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by thejourney200: 2:09pm On Nov 20, 2020
Rapsodee:
A very few percentage of girls, I mean very few, meet their husbands in school, church or work.

Girls are always more in number in any setting..what is the hope of those who went through those places with no man to show for it.

I don't blame parents for their unmarried state because many factors involved are caused by the girls.

There are recommendations, online platforms, and small social gatherings too. One just need an open mind and follow one's instincts. If your instincts says no from the beginning, irrespective of consistency on the part of the oyeba party, please leave it at NO.
Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by Munzy14(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
pozehnani:

These two people you used as case study are just the lucky few who narrowly escaped the effect of overprotectiveness. Majority out there are still bearing the brunt of this style of upbringing.
I think u didn't get my point, I am trying to say is no mata the upbringing, just be yourself, and be good either your man will locate you himself, or his bro, sister aunt or parents.

Just be approachable as a lady.

2 Likes

Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by pozehnani(f): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
Uyi168:
Are u still unmarried??

Yep.
Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by Uyi168: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
pozehnani:

Yep.
Let's relate, that's if u dont mind..
Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by pozehnani(f): 5:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
Uyi168:
Let's relate, that's if u dont mind..

Nah... I mind.

Thanks.
Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by crackhaus: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2020
Rapsodee:
You have some valid points sha... but do you believe some girls have never received proposals from any man before? undecided
Of course...
We talking real marriage proposal here with ring, not the type that one hunter will tell them he wants to marry (future tense) just so that they will quick spread leg or date him. grin

However it's not something they like to admit, but I've had about two or three lady friends admit to me they haven't had such serious proposals.
Not like they were complaining about it though, it was just chipped into our conversation.

3 Likes

Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by pocohantas(f): 9:49am On Nov 21, 2020
crackhaus:

Of course...
We talking real marriage proposal here with ring, not the type that one hunter will tell them he wants to marry (future tense) just so that they will quick spread leg or date him. grin

However it's not something they like to admit, but I've had about two or three lady friends admit to me they haven't had such serious proposals.
Not like they were complaining about it though, it was just chipped into our conversation.

I am surprised to read that a real/serious marriage proposal involves a ring. Our parents got married in the past and they didn’t need engagement rings. So many people still get married without engagement rings/proposals. The whole proposal matter is even a public debate in recent times. Some people think it is what simps do.

A man can tell you he wants to marry you and actually marry you ASAP. Another can propose with ten rings and a sister will wear that ring for years (the main future tense) - it happens. Another can ask when he is coming to see your people. Some proposals start from ”I missed my period”.

If your female friends say they haven’t had such serious proposals, it is quite understandable why they think they haven’t had serious proposals. They should keep waiting for REAL SERIOUS proposals. It is coming...

3 Likes

Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2020
NoToPile:
No.

Besides peeps get married every Saturday , there are many single as well as many married ladies.
true.
Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by descarado: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2020
We all wanna marry dangote's son, atiku's nephew or oyedepo's son.

And time is ticking tik toc....
Re: Female Child Protection: Is It A Reason For Many Unmarried Ladies? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2020
CalliDora1:
Yes it's partly the reason why most ladies are not married. Speaking from personal experience.

My parents (especially my father) were overprotective and it was due to the fact that we were all girls and the environment in which we grew up didn't help as it was very secluded area (Ikoyi) where it's just you and your family. Those days, we were sorrounded by the whites where everyone mind their biz and my .
Lamba. I'm sure you mean Obalende.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Need Help / 2 Step Galvanized Oven & popcorn machines Available (pictures) / Amazing Majestic Mega Million Orphanage Opens In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.