Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Vibrating On Deceleration And Subsequent Acceleration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vibrating On Deceleration And Subsequent Acceleration (536 Views)

A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish / Toyota Camry 2.2 Vibrating At 80KM / Car Jerking Abi Vibrating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibrating On Deceleration And Subsequent Acceleration by hairyman(m): 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
Camry 2000 started vibrating on deceleration yesterday. Vibration continues even after i start accelerating, then it stops. The vibration stops faster if i do a series of stepping on the gas and taking off my foot....as though something needs to fall into place.
Routine gear oil and brake pads change the day before....and gear oil filter change too
I suspect the gear. But the gear shifts very well up to 5 during acceleration and downshifts smoothly until one is nearly stopping before the vibration starts. If i drive slowly, for instance inside a street, i can brake without any vibration.
Car moves smoothly after starting it both forward and in reverse gear.
Mechanic is confused. After a while, he accused the gear.
Has anyone experienced this?

Cc Gazzuzz
Re: Vibrating On Deceleration And Subsequent Acceleration by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
hairyman:
Camry 2000 started vibrating on deceleration yesterday. Vibration continues even after i start accelerating, then it stops. The vibration stops faster if i do a series of stepping on the gas and taking off my foot....as though something needs to fall into place.
Routine gear oil and brake pads change the day before....and gear oil filter change too
I suspect the gear. But the gear shifts very well up to 5 during acceleration and downshifts smoothly until one is nearly stopping before the vibration starts. If i drive slowly, for instance inside a street, i can brake without any vibration.
Car moves smoothly after starting it both forward and in reverse gear.
Mechanic is confused. After a while, he accused the gear.
Has anyone experienced this?

Cc Gazzuzz

Remote diagnosis not possible. I have to drive it

1 Like

Re: Vibrating On Deceleration And Subsequent Acceleration by Facidio: 7:16am On Nov 20, 2020
Oga go do wheel balancing
Re: Vibrating On Deceleration And Subsequent Acceleration by EngRichie: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2020
See a mechanic. Guide him to look into drive shaft, brake disc, brake caliper. There are a host of other possible causes.
Re: Vibrating On Deceleration And Subsequent Acceleration by froshbuddy: 10:36am On Nov 20, 2020
If you're in Lagos, this should be Good news for you!
GAZZUZZ:

Remote diagnosis not possible. I have to drive it
Re: Vibrating On Deceleration And Subsequent Acceleration by Arysexy(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2020
I suspect your break disc.

(1) (Reply)

Truck For Sale. / Honda Accord For Sale In Port Harcourt / Car Gurus, Advice Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.