Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody (24272 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Atiku And Obasanjo / Who Will Be The Best Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar? / Court Orders Arrest Of Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by sonnie10: 6:02am On Nov 20, 2020
JustforMen:
My question is why should the woman have automatic custody of children when marriages scatter?
I want to listen to arguments for and against this position!

Because children need love, care and money.
They father due to the nature of his job as a custom officer would always be at work. No doubt the money is there but children need more than that.
Sometime too, the children are interviewed by an expert and they are able to decide by themselves who they want to go with.

Also it might depend on the cause of the divorce. If it has something to do with morality of the man, which in most case it is, that is automatic disqualification for the seek of the children’s upbringing.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by dejol88: 6:02am On Nov 20, 2020
JustforMen:
My question is why should the woman have automatic custody of children when marriages scatter?

I need a sound argument too!
Those in the know should touch light on this matter for educational purpose.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by etrouble: 6:07am On Nov 20, 2020
Atikuchukwu Abubakar (Jr) works in Nigeria Customs Service and it’s no news. But it’s a big issue that Buhari’s child works in CBN.

I thought they said Atikuchukwu Abubakar (Sr) the Cameroonian Bisexual is a successful businessman, how come his son cannot work in any of his very big companies?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:41am On Nov 20, 2020
sonnie10:

Because children need love, care and money.
They father due to the nature of his job as a custom officer would always be at work. No doubt the money is there but children need more than that.
Sometime too, the children are interviewed by an expert and they are able to decide by themselves who they want to go with.

Love and care , something women of this generation are incapable of providing. Most women are working class and hell to be with.
That law is archaic and was written when most men were sole bread winners as well as when promiscuity was seen as a mens thing.

If couples are to divorce as far as the child is no longer breastfeeding , he or she should be put up for adoption.

Men should no longer be seen as sperm donors.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by sonnie10: 7:01am On Nov 20, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

Love and care , something women of this generation are incapable of providing. Most women are working class and hell to be with.
That law is archaic and was written when most men were sole bread winners as well as when promiscuity was seen as a mens thing.

If couples are to divorce as far as the child is no longer breastfeeding , he or she should be put up for adoption.

Men should no longer be seen as sperm donors.
It’s not a law rather it’s a norm and has been the precedence. It is only for the sake of the children’s welfare and justice. It’s not fair when one unserious minded partner acts irresponsibly during marriage and cause the other good one to lose custody of the children if they should be put up for adoption
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by TheMostComplex1: 7:01am On Nov 20, 2020
If the disobedient to court order by Atiku son trends on social media he'll be forced to release the children

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by BRATISLAVA: 7:04am On Nov 20, 2020
JustforMen:

The man should have automatic custody. He will then give the child to one of his female family members to care for or keep it in a boarding school and buy it lots of gifts to compensate. That is how he will personally take care of the child. That's what you want to hear.

Men don't even know what they want. Everything is a fight with women. Fighting for custody because you want to hurt her and "it's my child, it's my child too!" not because you will PERSONALLY take care of the child. Just for men to soothe useless ego and feel they've won. The courts know that very well. Modern men have lost the plot, but think it's being liberated.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by Minjim: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2020
The rich find feel oblige to obey the law.

Imagine if his father ever becomes President
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by cardoctor(m): 7:33am On Nov 20, 2020
His son work with Customs?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:34am On Nov 20, 2020
sonnie10:

It’s not a law rather it’s a norm and has been the precedence. It is only for the sake of the children’s welfare and justice. It’s not fair when one unserious minded partner acts irresponsibly during marriage and cause the other good one to lose custody of the children if they should be put up for adoption

It is a law not a norm because most times even though the woman is at fault custody is still given to her a Friend of mine is a victim to this. Woman left the house to leave her promiscuous life.
All attempts at reconciliation was rebuffed. She sneaked in after months to take the child away from school which led to a police case.
Welfare still gave custody to her because kids need to be with Thier mom till a certain age.

As far as we keep giving custody to one parent no body will put in effort to make marriage work but if you think of the pain ofa complete unknown stranger raising your kids and no access to that child two of you will it down and work it out.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by DWJOBScom(m): 7:35am On Nov 20, 2020
Mindlog:

It is not easier marrying a poor man pikin

Actually YES!
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by DaddyELEPHANT: 7:40am On Nov 20, 2020
be careful of the kind of woman you want to house. the wrong woman will not only bring you down, she will bring down your entire family

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by Hassanmaye(m): 8:05am On Nov 20, 2020
ursullalinda:
The rich also cry.....I'm happy money can't buy a happy home .......if not these greedy politicians for don buy everything for themselves and generation yet unborn......they should face their issues biko we have fuel and light to worry about.

I swear some of them with all the greediness are so depressed to the extent that they rely on drugs

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by almayda: 8:24am On Nov 20, 2020
almayda:
PMB but why?I know you caused the divorce,you forces Madyam to go to court,bribed the judge to favour Maryam...why are you doing this to the president-elect?
PMB but why?I know you caused the divorce,you forced Maryam to go to court,bribed the judge to favour Maryam...why are you doing this to the president-elect?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by Hassanmaye(m): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2020
Rosarie:
When two elephants fight,it is the ground that suffers it.
Marriage is not easy,but can still be worked on,i feel for the kids. so many divorce up and down.it is well

Reason why many now are afraid of marriage in Nigeria, celebrities marriage no dey last, in law marriage wahala, rich marriage wahala, everywhere divorce and frustration. After investing so much in the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by Okoroawusa: 8:31am On Nov 20, 2020
So Atiku's son works in Nigeria Customs Service after his father became a billionaire through working in the same office?

Just imagine say na Buhari pikin. Some people don do eyes like say dem no see that part of the post.

Ndi obi ajuru aju...

Ndi uchu...
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by LaReinaa(f): 9:04am On Nov 20, 2020
Is this even news worthy
What's our own business
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by ddeola: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2020
NAIRALANDERS BEWARE : NIGERIAN FRAUDSTERS ON YOUTUBE

These group of Nigerian internet fraudsters have invaded YouTube. They use fake profile to share fake vision and the will ask you to pay any amount as contribution to one so-called Godstime MOTHERLESS FOUNDATION in Kebbi State Nigeria. they will ask you to contact the MD on the Whatsapp number 08058591393.

My people, please let's fish out these guys and get EFCC to prosecute them. Naija youths work hard but these bad elements are giving us a bad name.

My Seun Osewa, please ensure these bad boys don't come to this platform and do their nonesense.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by markfour(m): 10:18am On Nov 20, 2020
no body is above the law, let him be arrested and jailed...��
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by Exodora: 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:
When una go dey marry rich men pikin anyhow and cant tolerate their mumuism.
Most times the babe has nothing to offer but good body while the rich boy forgets he is married and wants to carry on his single kvel character
Ode always bashing women , people like you marry the worst kind of women .
Why can't you say something good about women for once after all you didn't birth yourself or do you?
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by DWJOBScom(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
Exodora:

Ode always bashing women , people like you marry the worst kind of women .
Why can't you say something good about women for once after all you didn't birth yourself or do you?

I guess you didnt read the whole write up

I wish I could read it out for you
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by Exodora: 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:

I guess you didnt read the whole write up

I wish I could read it out for you
What is there to read. No very ladies offer only good body .
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by djon78(m): 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
DaddyELEPHANT:
be careful of the kind of woman you want to house. the wrong woman will not only bring you down, she will bring down your entire family

Well said
Men must shine there eyes well
There is a kind of woman you never bring into your house as wife
The effect is unbearable
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by UCHIHAmask: 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Updating9JA:

https://punchng.com/court-orders-arrest-of-atikus-son-over-children-custody/
Audio arresting.....
They are clearly above the law,it is not new,even the law itself is soiled....
Nigeria is failed.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by josite: 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
Judgement debtor summons for child custody case ?
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by DWJOBScom(m): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2020
Exodora:

What is there to read. No very ladies offer only good body .

Its really tough
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Atiku Abubakar (Jr) Over Children's Custody by Exodora: 11:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:

Its really tough
I doubt if you understood your write up sef.
Awon tough to read .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coup Imminent If Rivers Crisis Persists - Abdulsalami Abubakar / UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate / Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.