Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building (46127 Views)

Deeper Life Church Building Collapses In Lagos, Worshippers Injured / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by mineshaftdiscus: 11:47am On Nov 20, 2020
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by playpaz: 11:48am On Nov 20, 2020
NO INDUSTRY, YOU'RE BUSY BUILDING CATHEDRAL lipsrsealed
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by bonnyhope: 11:48am On Nov 20, 2020
edoairways:

Most Catholics worship Mary
Stop displaying your ignorance publicly

6 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by miredia(m): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2020
Big industrial plants will be better news�‍♂️�‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Pimine: 11:48am On Nov 20, 2020
Aswearugaaad

This is beautiful.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by alingo2013(m): 11:49am On Nov 20, 2020
A master piece I would love to visit although am not Catholic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Palmyra: 11:49am On Nov 20, 2020
Countries on the other side open mega factories & research centers, but my beloved country people always open mega cathedral & 4 by 4 km auditorium, no wonder so many hunger and joblessness in the land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Revolva(m): 11:50am On Nov 20, 2020
Nigerians still in their brain washed mentality of foreign religion

After all they are lost and don't want to agree they are lost in history

A town like nsukka that is suppose to be boistering with agricultural produces and factories cos of it's proximity to benue and kogi with stable land for farming is here building mega church

Oya na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Stocktrader1: 11:50am On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
Very beautiful ..but will definitely be filled with images,..that is my problem.

I am a born Catholic but stop attending when I got tired of battling with my conscience wether prostrating Infront of those images is right or wrong, and praying to Mary was one other doctrine I could not understand...but I am still in love with Catholic hymns so much..in fact I listen to hymns almost every night while I sleep off...

God bless the Pope and give him the wisdom to reduce those images and also abolish the prayer to Mary and other saints so that I can return back to my Catholic..
I'm a Catholic and against bowing to those status, in fact they should stop electing status inside the Church. some people especially those in the Rosary league can't do without status.

4 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Advision: 11:51am On Nov 20, 2020
What Nigeria needs are factories and working hubs, not cathedrals, mosques or shrines., we already have enough (may be too much of them already)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by SavageResponse(m): 11:52am On Nov 20, 2020
How does this contribute to the GDP of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Saig: 11:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Pilate2016:

I believe you should rather try to study more on the church doctrines than just trying to condemn them via lack of proper knowledge.
Bowing down to someone or something doesn't automatically means you are worshipping them else those bowing to the Obas, Igwes, the National Assembly Maze, etc are guilty. Thanks

What are you saying....if bowing to something does not translate to homage and consequently worship, then what's the essence in the first place. Why do you have to bow to a statue when God has clearly prohibited that. why exactly

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Righteousness89(m): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
Very beautiful ..but will definitely be filled with images,..that is my problem.

I am a born Catholic but stop attending when I got tired of battling with my conscience wether prostrating Infront of those images is right or wrong, and praying to Mary was one other doctrine I could not understand...but I am still in love with Catholic hymns so much..in fact I listen to hymns almost every night while I sleep off...

God bless the Pope and give him the wisdom to reduce those images and also abolish the prayer to Mary and other saints so that I can return back to my Catholic..

GOD Almighty is Working on you!
Release yourself more to Him so He will Complete HIS work on you..

4 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Pilate2016:

I believe you should rather try to study more on the church doctrines than just trying to condemn them via lack of proper knowledge.
Bowing down to someone or something doesn't automatically means you are worshipping them else those bowing to the Obas, Igwes, the National Assembly Maze, etc are guilty. Thanks
Oga, don't try to sugar-coat anything. The bible says "Do not make an image of anything in heaven and do not now down before them" . Meaning, I can bow before an oba cause he's not an image of anything in heaven, rather, bowing down to an image of Jesus is a sin.

Read your bible with understanding. I'm equally Catholic but my spirit doesn't agree with such things.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by dalass(f): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
but the Bible said we should not carve any image not to talk of bowing to it...

He doesn't know Bible and church doctrine can never be above the scripture wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Empredboy(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2020
[code][/code]T
Ever8090:
but the Bible said we should not carve any image not to talk of bowing to it...
what of those senators who bow down to the national assembly maze? Or lawyers that bow to the court judge?

4 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by tayolove12(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2020
Wow nice one
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by BananaPeel(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2020
Cocobongo:
A building meant for some but not for all.......
Stop investing in buildings, invest in humans.
You can start living under a tree. Pack your things and get out of that house you are staying right now.

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by georgeakins: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

Nobody is interested in your fake story. You were never a Catholic.

4 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2020
Factfinder1:
This is a master piece

Modern
Built to standard and perfection

Proud catholic......

But what if this money was used to build a company that produces something that we can all benefit from and export that will create jobs for thousands of unemployed young Nigerians?
When you have use the money meant to build your own house to build a school or industry then you can talk....
HYPOCRITE

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2020
They re not observing, stupid distancing.
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Princedapace(m): 11:56am On Nov 20, 2020
Big religious centre but no global standard hospital.

When these people fall sick, these same governor will fly to oyibo countries where the leaders and citizens didn't invest heavily building religious centers. He won't run to this church to treat him self o.

U know, west Africa will be investing on useless things like building big big religious houses, BBN, and still be praying to God for development. Mad people, mad continent, crazy leaders and followers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Chicastle: 11:56am On Nov 20, 2020
edoairways:

Most Catholics worship Mary

Yes you can worship your own worship nah worship

2 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

Then am sorry to say you really dont know what Catholic Doctrine means. Did you attend the Cathesism Classes? were you a Communicant? the church never said we should be worshipping images. we only worship God. its a normal thing for you to bow down for Mary. its a sign of respect not worship. dont you postrate for your elders at home? dont you bow for your fellow being? so what so spectacular if you bow for Mary? we believe mary interceed for us . But we don't worship mary and other Saints. we only honour them. am disapointed you were once a Catholic. if you had studied the doctrine well, you wouldn't be so Gullible to be going to other Denomination. its your cup if tea anyways.I am Proudly Catholic.

6 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by DarkJeddi(m): 11:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Welcome to Africa,the land where religion is King.. undecided
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Factfinder1(m): 11:57am On Nov 20, 2020
edigo1:

When you have use the money meant to build your own house to build a school or industry then you can talk....
HYPOCRITE

Na your papa be hypocrite
Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Saig: 11:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

You are correct. The Bible clearly prohibits bowing to images. We don't need to pray through Mary too. prayer should be through Jesus to God, not any other dead person called saint. No.

by the way it seems your soul is hungry for the truth. Those who seek God diligently will find Him. Visit any Church of Christ nearest you (not cele....) you will be glad you did. Rom. 16:16; Acts 2:37-38; 22:16

3 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 20, 2020
Ozmar:
Oga, don't try to sugar-coat anything. The bible says "Do not make an image of anything in heaven and do not now down before them" . Meaning, I can bow before an oba cause he's not an image of anything in heaven, rather, bowing down to an image of Jesus is a sin.

Read your bible with understanding. I'm equally Catholic but my spirit doesn't agree with such things.

You both should be ashamed of yourselves fighting over a religion that was imposed on you, a religion your forefathers opposed .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 20, 2020
I am almost setting that 60% of the youth going to that Church are either unemployed or under employed, but building a very beautiful Church is the most important thing for them,religion and stupidity are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Danny50: 11:59am On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

That's Exactly my problem about catholic the images are damm too much i pray God give them wisdom to worship him inthe righ way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Charli3benkz(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:

Oga, u have never been a catholic. Stop trying to associate ur self with anything that concerns the catholic family as u lack enough knowledge to do so.

4 Likes

Re: Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building by Ekzoba(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2020
Pilate2016:

Knowledge is power..thank u bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye At Glory Dome For Dunamis' 25th Anniversary (photos/video) / 'A Pregnant Married Woman Accused Biodun Fatoyinbo Of Rape'' - Adesuwa Onyenokwe / Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.