Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC (24504 Views)

Peter Obi, Datti Ahmed & LP Officials Land In Benue In An "Obidient" Aircraft / Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva / Oil Discovered In Lagos Water Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by gurujoe(m): 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
toboy:
where exactly in Nsukka do you find oil?
The image below is an oil well located in Eha-Ndiagu, a community in Nsukka Local government area of Enugu state.

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Ever8090: 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
masseratti:
wait... Them born una with lies? Your gene must be full of lies.
bross, you made me spill my Pepsi drink, you owe me another bottle... Nigerians!!! With you guys there is no dull moment..you will laugh even when you are not ready for it...

Say weda them born them with lies?... grin
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by DaFuhrer(m): 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:
Nsukka in enugu and Ebonyi all have comercial oil and gas that Nigeria have refused to develop for reasons best known to them

The first place oil was discovered n mined in Nigeria is in the present day ebonyi .... But no p Sha

So you mean Oloibiri is in Ebonyi State??...Stop spreading lies, not everybody here is a kid.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Amonijosh1: 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
who oil epp, Abegi
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
This isn't good news tbh
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by toye440: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Finally we know why d fulanis kill the inhabitants.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Dreyton36: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Nigerian government will secure Benue state now �
You won't hear of any herdsmen new there no more

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Christistruth00: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
IPOB will now claim Benue is part of their online Biafra.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
When will crude oil be discovered in Katsina, Sokoto and the rest? At least make person hear word.

They should search those areas too very well, the crude oil must be hiding somewhere...since they don't want to explore the agricultural sector...Nigeria has potentials ohh solid potentials in Agric.

But I won't lie sha...oil business is mad money...until the oil dries up...God forbid or until people start trying out clean/ renewable energy...
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Christistruth00: 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
ikorodureporta:
dats y "herdsmen" dey try to take over the land.. just as boko don seize the one @ Chad basin

Even IPOB were flying their flag in Benue.
Good news travels fast.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by NNEWIsuper: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2020
masseratti:
wait... Them born una with lies? Your gene must be full of lies.
What he's telling you is the truth.. Oil was first discovered in alaigbo
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by NNEWIsuper: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
Whobedatte:

Oloibiri, Delta state 1956
That's a lie though.. Olobiri is in bayelsa
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by ABlAstate: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
[s]
NNEWIsuper:

[/s]

Oil is also mined in Abia state but the state still remains a shithole and most backward state in Nigeria. cheesy

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by NNEWIsuper: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
DaFuhrer:

So you mean Oloibiri is in Ebonyi State??...Stop spreading lies, not everybody here is a kid.
The oil in alaigbo was discovered in the 1930s
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by NNEWIsuper: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
ABlAstate:
[s][/s]

Oil is also mined in Anambala state but the state still remains a shithole and most backward state in Nigeria. grin
Fixed

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by ABlAstate: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Abia state is cursed

Hahahaha

You are very correct. See the face of Aba.

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by petrage(m): 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
Where are the geologists on this platform? Help educate Nairalanders that Benue Trough ain't confined to Benue State. The Benue Trough is a strike line that trends NE-SW including basins like Chad, Gongola, Anambra down to the Niger Delta. NNPC should plainly tell us which of the basins was oil discovered in Commercial quantity thus the guy claiming Oil in Nsukka has a point.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Hassanmaye(m): 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
Kingv:
NNPC ooo, Federal Government and every other person involved need to wash their brains with hypo. The world is fast changing and we are absolutely doing nothing about it...Next 10 years go shock una
Wicked boy

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Hassanmaye(m): 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2020
Charly68:
We pray this discovery Won't bring a curse upon the land ..What we are seeing in Naija Delta region is not encouraging at all.. even petrol cost more in that region more than any other place. Coca-Cola cost more ,food cost more all because it is a land of oil but in reality how many people are getting the money in that area?
Bottle of coke is 200 instead of 150

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Manab: 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2020
petrage:
Where are the geologists on this platform? Help educate Nairalanders that Benue Trough ain't confined to Benue State. The Benue Trough is a strike line that trends NE-SW including basins like Chad, Gongola, Anambra down to the Niger Delta. NNPC should plainly tell us which of the basins was oil discovered in Commercial quantity thus the guy claiming Oil in Nsukka has a point.
hw do u want does senseless people to understand.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Hassanmaye(m): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
you are right..such a great observation that is not common among our people..I am from Benue state,truth be told, oil exploration in that region is never a good idea..my brother if you come to this place and see how famers suffer on bad roads to take their farm produce,you will be shocked.
In my father's compound we sometimes allow oranges to get over ripe on the tree so that we can easily shake them off the trees to make way for another season produce.
The last oranges I sold to Hausa traders was, 500 naira per bag, I sold 312 bags I almost shed year.
I got angry I started cutting down some of the plantation field to use the land for yam farming.

In zaki Biam here in Benue state, trucks of yams not less than 200 leaves the market every day and each trucks carries about 9600 tubers of yam.
Yet our people are still leaving in thatch houses because they sake for ridiculous prices.

My step mum sold her basket of tomatoes for 250 naira. Which she could not even get buyers to buy all that she took to the market that day,she had to trow 9 basket of the tomatoes away.

I started a campaign of Facebook to call on the government attention to a need for industries for processing our farm produce,but I received insult from our youths,and finally was threatened with DSS arrest for calling out the governor on social media.

Now they are coming with this crude oil trash that will be the final destruction of our people just as they did with the people of the Niger Delta
Jesu basket Of tomatoes 250 abeg send me your contact, Pls how much is basket of yam
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by chaloskyx: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
if you like keep looking for oil while the world is moving from it las las na us go drink the oil finish
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Hassanmaye(m): 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
ABlAstate:
[s][/s]

Oil is also mined in Abia state but the state still remains a shithole and most backward state in Nigeria. cheesy
Haha grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Sniper101(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
See yeye ppl

When the Nations that matter...
(i.e developed countries)
...are trying to boycott the use of crude oil and almost everything that comes from it, NNPC is still busy with trying to discover more crude oil

To sell to who?
I wonder undecided
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Ever8090: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
Hassanmaye:

Jesu basket Of tomatoes 250 abeg send me your contact, Pls how much is basket of yam
not this period,..I don't how much they are selling now,I left home for port Harcourt..but if you are into it, I can help you enquire and link you with contact so you can buy from villages instead of regular markets...as for yam,.it is cheaper their.. especially village markets

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by sylve11: 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:
Nsukka in enugu and Ebonyi all have comercial oil and gas that Nigeria have refused to develop for reasons best known to them

The first place oil was discovered n mined in Nigeria is in the present day ebonyi .... But no p Sha

the oil there are condemned oil. cool
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by masseratti: 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
bross, you made me spill my Pepsi drink, you owe me another bottle... Nigerians!!! With you guys there is no dull moment..you will laugh even when you are not ready for it...

Say weda them born them with lies?... grin
lolzzz
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Genea(f): 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ever8090:
you are right..such a great observation that is not common among our people..I am from Benue state,truth be told, oil exploration in that region is never a good idea..my brother if you come to this place and see how famers suffer on bad roads to take their farm produce,you will be shocked.
In my father's compound we sometimes allow oranges to get over ripe on the tree so that we can easily shake them off the trees to make way for another season produce.
The last oranges I sold to Hausa traders was, 500 naira per bag, I sold 312 bags I almost shed year.
I got angry I started cutting down some of the plantation field to use the land for yam farming.

In zaki Biam here in Benue state, trucks of yams not less than 200 leaves the market every day and each trucks carries about 9600 tubers of yam.
Yet our people are still leaving in thatch houses because they sake for ridiculous prices.

My step mum sold her basket of tomatoes for 250 naira. Which she could not even get buyers to buy all that she took to the market that day,she had to trow 9 basket of the tomatoes away.

I started a campaign of Facebook to call on the government attention to a need for industries for processing our farm produce,but I received insult from our youths,and finally was threatened with DSS arrest for calling out the governor on social media.

Now they are coming with this crude oil trash that will be the final destruction of our people just as they did with the people of the Niger Delta
Your insights are very valid. I for one would have loved to buy these foodstuffs in bulk but getting buyers in Lagos is my problem. I do not even know how to go about this. I really hope something changes the mind of our government as the situation in that state could get worse if the oil is considered.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by masseratti: 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

really? Where and when in alaigbo? Is oloibiri now in alaigbo? Or you mean palm oil?
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by masseratti: 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

Why not google instead of coming here to disgrace your generation
you guys are expert in lying for your generations, for your information am a geologist... At no point ever in history was any oil found in present day ebonyi.... Don't qoute me what someone wrote on his face book...please tell us which company did the exploration and discovered crude oil there.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by NNEWIsuper: 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
masseratti:
really? Where and when in alaigbo? Is oloibiri now in alaigbo? Or you mean palm oil?
Check your history. It was in alaigbo
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Asquare84(m): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
Let Benue manage their petroleum

Benue trough is not in benue state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dr. Godwin Maduka Visits FREE Hospital Built And Donated By Him To The Church / “Go And Ask For My Records At Oxford… I Won’t Stop You With Injunctions.” - Obi / Many Injured As They Fight Over Tinubu’s Cash Gift In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.