Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Is It Professional To Use Insulting Words In Email Marketing To Get Attention? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Professional To Use Insulting Words In Email Marketing To Get Attention? (212 Views)

Advising My Friend Who Is A Professional To Go Into Kowope/keke/bus Business / Amarachi Okafor, UNIZIK Student Painter Attracts Government Attention / Officers Declared Wanted For Insulting Ibrahim Idris Police IG In Public. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Professional To Use Insulting Words In Email Marketing To Get Attention? by Flirtyjane(f): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
I have seen a lot of email marketers used catchy and captivating email subjects to get the attention of their subscribers.

Then until recently, my uncle received one from self-acclaimed best copywriter in Nigeria telling his subscribers they are big fool.

Below is the content of the email

Subject: You are big fool

Body:

{{name}}, you are very big fool if you don't do what I'm about to ask you to do...

Listen... there's a video on YouTube right now,

Out of over 8Billion humans alive,

Only 120,000 people have seen that video.

And it will soon be taken down

Why?

Because it never should have been released to the general public in the first place

The video is the recording of Gary Halbert's Direct Marketing Secrets Seminar.

Do yourself a favour.

Go watch that video

Here's the LINK: youtube.com/watch?v=--------------------(link removed)

DOn't just watch it,

Download it, and have it saved in a secure drive

If possible, send it to cloud.

Look, if you've not seen this video before...

And you don't watch it ... even... download and save it in a secure drive

You are big fool.

Stay frosty.

A.

It is like the guy got some tongue lashing, and then he back to his Twitter and reiterated that he will continue to insult his subscribers.

Is this a professional way of email marketing or copywriting?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Professional To Use Insulting Words In Email Marketing To Get Attention? by Gossiplover: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
The downfall of a successful Nigerian begin with arrogance..

I don't think he was taught morals from home.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Professional To Use Insulting Words In Email Marketing To Get Attention? by BoneBlogger(m): 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Hunger is real in Nigeria. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Professional To Use Insulting Words In Email Marketing To Get Attention? by Yeyegist(f): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Who dash am best copywriter in Nigeria.

Very childish.

This one will end up calling his parents bast*rd all in the name of email marketing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Professional To Use Insulting Words In Email Marketing To Get Attention? by Flirtyjane(f): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Yeyegist:
Who dash am best copywriter in Nigeria.

Very childish.

This one will end up calling his parents bast*rd all in the name of email marketing.

Savage

1 Like

Re: Is It Professional To Use Insulting Words In Email Marketing To Get Attention? by Flirtyjane(f): 11:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
Gossiplover:
The downfall of a successful Nigerian begin with arrogance..

I don't think he was taught morals from home.

Okay

(1) (Reply)

Join FTN+ Today / Empowerment Opportunity / Remote Training - Data Science Courses 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.