Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike (2750 Views)

BREAKING: FG-ASUU Currently In A Meeting! / Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) / ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by spunky425(m): 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2020

The Academic Staff Union of Universities are currently in a meeting with the federal government as regards the calling off of the 8 months nationwide strike.

Recall ASUU had through it's Twitter page announced that they had been summoned for a meeting by the Minister for Labour but won't attend because it came via text.

However, a new tweet from the account announced they're in a meeting at the moment as the meeting started at  11:51am and the technical session was opened at 12:10pm

The tweet read;

"The ASUU-FG Meeting Today Is Now Ongoing.
The meeting started at 11:51am with the Labour minister, Chris Ngige presiding.
Mr Ngige declared the technical session of the meeting open at 12:10pm."

Providing an update on the meeting, ASUU reveals their demands must be met with before the strike can be suspended, the following tweet read;

"#LIVE: The Federal government delegates are currently Negotiating with ASUU on the 8  months lingering strike. 

ASUU insists their demands must be met before the strike would be suspended.

The FG delegates are currently making clarifications on their stands."

Follow more;
https://delaniblog.com.ng/2020/11/breaking-ASUU-currently-in-meeting-with-federal-government/
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by TossTos: 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
Meeting that will still end unsettled is that one meeting .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by opera1(m): 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
Another deadlock

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by duduade: 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
Please stop associating ASUU strike with that twitter page..

They do not have a social media handle at all

Una no dey read and think before una post

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by NofiuFade(m): 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
Story! ASUU currently boycott the meeting
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by Realyin(m): 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
NofiuFade:
Story! ASUU currently boycott the meeting
Serious what's your source
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by NofiuFade(m): 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
Realyin:

Serious what's your source

Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by Holamiwepo: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
As usual it ends in a dreadlock grin
Wahala for Nigerian student

1 Like

Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by sinkhole: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
This government is absolutely unserious as per education! How can they be using text message to invite ASUU president to a very important meeting as this?
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by Black27: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
All these meetings, result_ deadlock ASUU strong ah sweat
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by Darkskindude1: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2020
I don't think fed. Universities will resume this year, because they have less than five weeks in 2020 for academic activities. So, maybe till January.
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by lincsnuel: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
I hope this meeting is fruitful. Let them just sign another memorandum and resume biko... angry
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by Phillyboi(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
lincsnuel:
I hope this meeting is fruitful. Let them just sign another memorandum and resume biko... angry
sign another memorandum so that next year they'll embark on a fresh strike cos government neglected it .

1 Like

Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by lincsnuel: 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
Phillyboi:
sign another memorandum so that next year they'll embark on a fresh strike cos government neglected it .

You think they will settle all the issues they have with the government? No!

Let them just reach a basic agreement, sign the effing memorandum so I can be done with my finals!
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
Hmm... Following
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by Dreamliner787(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
We still dey wait una..
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by Phillyboi(m): 5:22pm On Nov 22, 2020
lincsnuel:

You think they will settle all the issues they have with the government? No!

Let them just reach a basic agreement, sign the effing memorandum so I can be done with my finals!
Lol. you dey finals na why you dey talk like this .

Make the coming set suffer the effects of a failed MOU . lol .
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by lincsnuel: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2020
Phillyboi:
Lol. you dey finals na why you dey talk like this .

Make the coming set suffer the effects of a failed MOU . lol .

Bro, I dey on top fire for house so, no stable means of income. If not for corona and this useless strike, I would have started clearance and probably go for service next year, but right now, I've not even written first semester exams! angry
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by paulolee(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2020
lamba
Re: Breaking! ASUU Currently In Meeting With Federal Government To End Strike by Parkac(m): 11:13pm On Nov 22, 2020

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Financial Aid To Study Abroad / Eko Atlantic City 2022 -new Buildings / JAMB 2024 Results: Release Updates And Access Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.