Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Pesto! Where Is It!? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pesto! Where Is It!? (968 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pesto! Where Is It!? by Operation(m): 3:21am On Mar 19, 2011
Ladies, Gentlemen,

I've been on the quest for pesto since before Christmas, and I can't seem to find some anywhere. I've been to all the supermarkets in V.I, Ikoyi and even hustled out to spa in Lekki and nothing. I've not been to any markets, because I hate the heat and sweat like the nile. (sorry - but true.)
I have not had pesto for a long time, and I'm not a great cook either. I think its possibly one of the most useful sources ever invented. For those of you who are not yet acquainted with this funky green stuff, it's a paste made up of mainly basil and other greenishy herbs in olive oil.

If anyone has seen some around please let me know!!
Re: Pesto! Where Is It!? by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 19, 2011
you might have to make your own, if it's unavailable.
Re: Pesto! Where Is It!? by Operation(m): 4:18am On Mar 19, 2011
That would be one solution. I think it might entail a lot of work, and removes one of pestos largest appeals - its simplicity and speed
Re: Pesto! Where Is It!? by Nobody: 4:33am On Mar 19, 2011
true.

but you get better with practice.

however, if you're male, then you might have to go with the canned version, if there's any in nigeria.
Re: Pesto! Where Is It!? by Operation(m): 4:49am On Mar 19, 2011
yes I'm male. I love the "canned versions" smiley Hopefully someone will come up with some answers!!!
Re: Pesto! Where Is It!? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2011
Sorry, but you might have to check out the main markets. True they`re crowded but someone there might have pesto. Though truth be told, i never saw any when i was in nigeria but these days you never know. Sweat out the funkiness for a day, and ask around. And as always, keep your valuables safe while there.
Re: Pesto! Where Is It!? by Nobody: 4:17am On Mar 20, 2011
Op are you nigerian? Guess i should have asked that first.
Re: Pesto! Where Is It!? by Operation(m): 4:35am On Mar 20, 2011
surely that doesnt have any relevance to the original question? yes I am Nigerian. However, I am white. And if a black man can rule the western world. surely a white nigerian can find some pesto, ?
Re: Pesto! Where Is It!? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 20, 2011
Operation:

surely that doesnt have any relevance to the original question? yes I am Nigerian. However, I am white. And if a black man can rule the western world. surely a white nigerian can find some pesto, ?

it's a bit relevant because

1. not sure if you can go to a main market by yourself, if you're white. You wouldnt know the ropes and would need a nigerian friend to help you out maybe.

2. if you have some contacts at the italian embassy, you could ask where they [the staff] get their own pesto.

3. Its clearer now why you're looking for some.

anyway, hope someone can help out here.
Re: Pesto! Where Is It!? by Operation(m): 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2011
Just incase anyone was wondering, although I highly doubt it. I found both red and green pesto down at spar in Lekki, Although it was just over 1000naira a jar which is simply criminal, as it contains only 190ml, WOW!

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Improve My Cooking / Can You Marry A Woman That Cannot Cook? / Help!! I Don't Know How To Cook Spaghetti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.