Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,773,750 members, 6,605,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 November 2021 at 03:28 PM

As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x (3327 Views)

Xbox Series X | Razer Basilisk Mouse | Razer Hammerhead / Sony Officially Reveals The Full Design For PlayStation 5 (Photos) / Photos Of FIFA 19 On PS3 Or XBOX 360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by IAmSkinny: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
1manuel:
And why do we underate Xbox in this part of the world.... My laptop got spoilt... So I got an Xbox 360..... It's a really cool console apart from the battery it controller uses and the play station exclusives
I bought a ps3, then an XBOX 360 some years ago. I sold the ps3 after one year and kept the XBOX. I'm still rocking the Xbox till date and I'll never ever sell it.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by GogetterMD(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2020
SubtlyAR:
Most of us quite know PlayStation 5 is being sold at ₦600K in Nigeria, while XBox Series-X is at ₦300K, if you are to purchase one of them, which will you go for?

Click to join the discussion
Where did you see Xbox series X at 300k? Link pls
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by jikins(m): 11:49am On Nov 25, 2020
arazanbal:

what exclusive you think PS has that to compare with the ever elvoving xbox gamepass that have over 100 games to play for just 1usd (400 naira) for your first month. on November 10 this year EA ACCESS was added to xbox gamepass with no extra charges, that is to say to get to play games like titanfall 2, FIFA 20/21 when 21 is added to it in Q2 of next year, and all EA games available. the good news about it is you can have upto 4 account in and xbox and subscribe that 1usd for each and get 4 months of playing exclusive games all round, even pes 20 is on gamepass and pes 21 is on it way. you also have the online/multiplayer features available

All this talk doesn't mean shit to someone who wants to be able to play games like God of War Ragnarok or Hogwarts or the new Horizon forbidden West and possibly, uncharted 5, the last of us 3, spiderman miles Morales.

These are all play station exclusives that they won't get to play if they go for Xbox. No one is saying xbox is bad. But play station just have a couple of exclusives that are just dear to alot of people's heart. You don't expect them to just resign to not playing them because xbox has a better hardware? Or a large number of games that they don't care about as much on game pass.

This is not a Nigeria thing for the people making ignorant statements. Across the world PS5 is the more prefered choice. Just look at the amount of ps5 sold on the day of release compared to xbox. The numbers are miles apart. The console war in terms of console sales is dead already because xbox can't compete with PlayStation. There just so much love for PlayStation exclusives that's why it sells like wild fire.

But there are good games on xbox and the new CD project Cyberpunk 2077 will also be available on it. But exclusives makes so much difference.

1 Like

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by jikins(m): 11:52am On Nov 25, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
But still alot of people don't care, they would rather buy an expensive and hyped PS5 than Xbox series

Bro both xbox series x and disc ps5 are the same price. The price hike is due to high demand and low supply. Once there is enough supply the prices will go back to normal.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by spoilerx: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2020
I don't care what anybody thinks,

am getting a series X soon, God willing

1 Like

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by jikins(m): 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
arazanbal:

does hording ps5 are scarpers i.e resellers because they know it in limited for the now but xbox is mostly everywhere in USA since it based USA company that owns it. as for the games Microsoft just bought the game maker ZeniMax Media, the parent company of gaming studios like Bethesda, Microsoft gained control of major gaming titles like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Quake and Wolfenstein. so watch out for more exclusive games that this studios will make that will not be available anymore for PS FANS, first Microsoft took EA access now bethesda and Co.

Let me correct something here Xbox isn't everywhere in the US. Xbox are also experiencing supply shortages. Don't take my word for it go and check online retailers in the US like amazon. You will see a big fat unavailable attached to Xbox series x. The problem is the pandemic. Its has seriously affected their ability to produce consoles.

And concerning the bathesda deal. That was a very good deal for xbox and if they can get very good exclusives then they will get traction. But the thing is PlayStation has so many studios that have created games that people love. And these studios will continue to create even more. Look at naughty dog a studio that only really had uncharted going for it now they have the last of us. Or even suckerpunch with ghost of tsushima. We don't want to even mention sony santa monica studios or insomniac studios.

The thing is PlayStation has a lot of quality studios that have made quality games already and will make many more. Xbox has to have a good number of exclusives before people will even consider porting.

1 Like

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by jikins(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
spoilerx:
I don't care what anybody thinks,

am getting a series X soon, God willing

There's nothing wrong with that as long as you can stomach not being able to play PlayStation exclusives, its totally fine and las las na your money.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Ournolly: 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2020
chingle5:
i prefer my pc with RTX 30 Graphics and a 4 - 8k monitor than those trash........
Rtx 3080 alone is about $1500, this is not even including the high config pc needed.
Are you ready to spend 1m for gaming pc alone?
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by spoilerx: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
jikins:

There's nothing wrong with that as long as you can stomach not being able to play PlayStation exclusives, its totally fine and las las na your money.

I have had Xbox 360 and Xbox one X.

gamepass is fine for me.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by jikins(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
spoilerx:

I have had Xbox 360 and Xbox one X.

gamepass is fine for me.

Fair enough.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by chingle5(m): 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
Ournolly:

Rtx 3080 alone is about $1500, this is not even including the high config pc needed.
Are you ready to spend 1m for gaming pc alone?

hmmmm well better to pay 1 time fee and unnecessary upgrade undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 26, 2020
All this many talk about exclusives, Las Las most Nigerians only play Fifa and Pes undecided

7 Likes

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Ournolly: 7:58am On Nov 26, 2020
OJay360:
All this many talk about exclusives, Las Las most Nigerians only play Fifa and Pes undecided
Also, they are mentioning online gaming.
Online gaming with 120kb/s mtn network?
Online gaming with mtn 1.5gb for 1k? grin

I guess they are not in Nigeria!
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ournolly:

Also, they are mentioning online gaming.
Online gaming with 120kb/s mtn network?
Online gaming with mtn 1.5gb for 1k? grin

I guess they are not in Nigeria!
I guess so, because Nigerians don't care for any game unless it's Pes or Fifa. There's a big Gaming shop I usually go to and they got only Fifa on their Ps4s and the place is always crowded especially on weekends.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Ournolly: 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
OJay360:
I guess so, because Nigerians don't care for any game unless it's Pes or Fifa. There's a big Gaming shop I usually go to and they got only Fifa on their Ps4s and the place is always crowded especially on weekends.
Game shops are filled with kids and maybe gamblers.
I for instance has Ps Pro with pes 2020 and other games.
Upgrading the games are not easy because of the cost of data.
Exciting pes online competition are not for me too because of the data cost and speed.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Evolutionlove: 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
Is no fuckstogive a matured name? pot calling kettle black grin

any moniker I use shouldn't be Ur problem, as far as the mods and admin of this forum didn't complain

Welcome to Shiiithole Republic of Hypocrites. Useless people who wouldn't face their problem squarely. Na another person problem dem dey carry for head. People wey Shit dey their Yansh them still dey do fuun fuuun......grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by jikins(m): 8:22am On Nov 28, 2020
OJay360:

SMH. So because people play pes and fifa in a game shop automatically means all Nigerians only play pes and fifa? The way you guys come to your conclusion sometimes eh.

We are talking about people who actually buy consoles for personal use not commercial use. And not people who go to gameshops to play games. Who actually goes to game shop to play games like God of War or red dead redemption 2. Do you know how long these games are and how much money they will spend just to finish it?

I don't even need to waste my breath on this go to the ps4 game exchange thread and see if people there only exchange pes and fifa

3 Likes

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by jikins(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2020
Ournolly:

Game shops are filled with kids and maybe gamblers.
I for instance has Ps Pro with pes 2020 and other games.
Upgrading the games are not easy because of the cost of data.
Exciting pes online competition are not for me too because of the data cost and speed.

Exactly oh, and someone is using gameshop as a yardstick to categories all gamers. At least you have pes 2020 and other games. That alone disprove his theory.

Yeah upgrading games aren't cheap. But spectranet or any of those networks who offers unlimited data can help massively. But then again it isn't a must to upgrade. Playing online on ps4 requires a PlayStation plus account first. And then good network to actually play competitively. Nigerian network isn't great for online gaming. But just find the best in your area and use it.

1 Like

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Ournolly: 8:38am On Nov 28, 2020
jikins:

Exactly oh, and someone is using gameshop as a yardstick to categories all gamers. At least you have pes 2020 and other games. That alone disprove his theory.

Yeah upgrading games aren't cheap. But spectranet or any of those networks who offers unlimited data can help massively. But then again it isn't a must to upgrade. Playing online on ps4 requires a PlayStation plus account first. And then good network to actually play competitively. Nigerian network isn't great for online gaming. But just find the best in your area and use it.
I am not in Lag and my area is not covered by any network with unlimited plan.
Most ps 4 games are automatically upgraded once they have access to network.

Do you know the cost of data in playing pes online, let's say per hour.
Note : currently using pes Pro at 4k resolution.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by jikins(m): 8:50am On Nov 28, 2020
Ournolly:

I honestly don't think it should use much data to be honest. It should be between 50 to 100mb per hour. Could be lower.

And about the upgrade stuff yes all ps4 games are automatically upgraded when connected to network. That's if there's an update available which there always is. But you can stop the upgrade from downloading. Just head over to notifications, click on download then stop all of them.

2 Likes

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 28, 2020
jikins:

SMH. So because people play pes and fifa in a game shop automatically means all Nigerians only play pes and fifa? The way you guys come to your conclusion sometimes eh.

We are talking about people who actually buy consoles for personal use not commercial use. And not people who go to gameshops to play games. Who actually goes to game shop to play games like God of War or red dead redemption 2. Do you know how long these games are and how much money they will spend just to finish it?

I don't even need to waste my breath on this go to the ps4 game exchange thread and see if people there only exchange pes and fifa
The people that go to game shop are not human beings, there are cockroaches and shouldn't be counted as gamers
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by mattmogan88: 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2020
OJay360:
The people that go to game shop are not human beings, there are cockroaches and shouldn't be counted as gamers

Do you mean to call my customers cockroaches grin
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by mattmogan88: 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2020
Xbox is good but I prefer playstation. I gat ps1, ps2 and ps3. But things get hard along the line. Might get the ps4 next year cheesy. I can't miss GOD OF WAR, UNCHARTED, LAST OF US.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
mattmogan88:

Do you mean to call my customers cockroaches grin
No oh grin I was only giving a sarcastic reply to that guy that said we should only count people that own games personally as gamers.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Santinojr: 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2020
Ournolly:

Hello! I wanna get a PS4 pro this December and would love to know the difference between it & the normal PS4, the user experience too. Also which do you recommend ; a hacked console or unhacked?
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Ournolly: 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2020
Santinojr:

Hello! I wanna get a PS4 pro this December and would love to know the difference between it & the normal PS4, the user experience too. Also which do you recommend ; a hacked console or unhacked?
Ps4 Pro is 4k compatible, non pro isn't and the difference is the screen resolution is quite clear.

If you play ps4 Pro in a 4k TV with hdr10 you will not like going back to non 4k console or game.
The difference between hacked and unhacked ps4 is that you can play online games with your play station membership card and update your games in unhacked ones while you can't do so in unhacked console.

That said, hacked consoles are cheaper with games as you can add as many as you like with no issue.

I will advice you look towards ps5 as it is the deal now.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Santinojr: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
Ournolly:

Ps4 Pro is for 4k compatible, ordinal one isn't and the difference is the screen resolution is quite clear.

If you play ps4 Pro in a 4k TV with hdr10 you will not like going back to non 4k console or game.
The difference between hacked and unhacked ps4 is that you can play online games with your play station membership card and update your games in unhacked ones while you can't do so in unhacked console.

That said, hacked consoles are cheaper with games as you can add as many as you like with no issue.

I will advice you look towards ps5 as it is the deal now.
Thank you so much! I’l have to wait a little to get a PS5

2 Likes

Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by Ournolly: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2020
Santinojr:

Thank you so much! I’l have to wait a little to get a PS5
Will still be expensive tho.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by mattmogan88: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
OJay360:
No oh grin I was only giving a sarcastic reply to that guy that said we should only count people that own games personally as gamers.

Oil Dy your head grin,
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by grossintel(m): 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
jikins:

Lol, it's to just ignore such claims. It's completely senseless.
Re: As A Nigerian, Which Will You Go For, Playstation 5 Or Xbox Series-x by grossintel(m): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2020
Ournolly:

You can always cancel the update after you connect the console to the internet. That's the first thing I do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xbox Live NG / Xbox One Users Come In / New Or Used PS4 Pad Needed / Fifa 14 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.