Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,955 members, 7,799,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me (1626 Views)

What Happened When I Tell Women I Want To F..ck / "What Happened When I Followed My Boyfriend To Germany" / CONDOM: What Happened When I Went To Buy A Condom [PICTURE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
Dear Diary,

Everything was going great between us, until I discovered something was starting to happen that I didn’t particularly like. As the weeks passed, I found that I was calling her more and more. You know, more than she used to call me in the beginning when our dalliance first started. I remembered in the beginning when she always used to call me. She used to warn me that “she hoped I wouldn’t mind her getting all up in my business. That she was the intrusive kind of girlfriend that always wanted to know what her boyfriend was up to.” It mattered that I liked her, made a huge difference, so I told her I didn’t mind. I was willing to work on my shìtty communication skills if only I could build something real with her. And now I was faced with this manner of fùckery. I complained and complained to her on multiple occasions.

“What’s up now, babe… You seem detached or busy. Wetin dey sup?”

And then she’d tell me the same thing she always did. She was busy, trying to set up a business. This and that. Things that I totally stanned. But she had already made me used to wanting to always talk with her. She had already got me on board with the communication ish and now this. I remember one time I was in the office and then she called me on my phone and said she was missing me, she wanted us to do a video call on WhatsApp. It was inconvenient but I was like okay. We did the video call and baby girl was nàked as sin in all her sexy glory, twerking in her bathroom for yours truly. I was shocked and quickly put my phone away to look around in case there was someone standing over my shoulder watching. I told her I was in the office – a public place. She told me she didn’t care. Good God, that gave me such a rush. My kinda girl…

Anyway, I was not feeling that vibe anymore. Something was off now, maybe we had had enough of each other so diminishing returns was now setting in, maybe it was only all about the sex, and now that that was done and dusted, maybe there was nothing left. I kept keeping on, and then she apologised once more for being busy, and promised that after Shiloh 2019 coming up that weekend she would be completely free and I’d have her all to myself.

“Wetin consign me consign Shiloh?” I wondered to myself. I was already reaching critical mass, and I tend to be an extremist when I make radical decisions.

I decided to just free her, see what happens. I found that I was now the one who usually started our conversations. Maybe I see a fine-àss picture of her on her WhatsApp status so I comment, and then we talk a little, that’s how we keep in touch. So this time I just freed her. Wanted to see if she’d miss me. Two days turned to three and three days turned to seven, no word from boo-boo. No wahala na, make we dey look. A colleague from work invited me to hang out somewhere with her. I obliged her. That night, we got mad drunk and crazy, next thing we are getting all freaky and frisky, feeling each other up. My colleague is kissing me and snapping photos. She even sends me some on WhatsApp. We order a taxify and head to our respective homes. Nothing happens.

I’m feeling confused cos I remember I once saw on my girl’s WhatsApp status; a guy had gotten her something and she was thanking him profusely. I felt some type of way about that, plus his crib even looked better than mine. Yes, she was in his crib shooting a video thanking him for getting her a vape. A fùcking vape. The excessive gratitude didn’t sit well with me even though the guy looked like the shy, harmless, friend zoned type. Still, I don’t like what I don’t like. After that I stopped viewing her WhatsApp status and stayed off altogether. You aren’t working but I’m working, you can’t tell me that you’re busy. You aren’t busier than me, that’s for sure.

So I got home all drunk, posted raunchy pictures of myself making out with my super sexy colleague on Facebook, and then sipped some hot tea and crossed my legs while waiting patiently for something to happen.

That something happened the next day.

I remember it was a sunday. A strange number was calling me. I call the number strange but at the time I didn’t know it was my girlfriend’s number. I had deleted her number earlier so that I wouldn’t be tempted to call her or view her sexy photos on WhatsApp which compelled me to always keep in touch. I picked, and it was the sound of her voice screaming at the other end of the line that let me know she was the one.

“Who was that girl I saw you kissing on Facebook just now?” She screamed into my ear.

“Who is this? Tinuke? So you are still alive?”

“I said who was that girl you were kissing on Facebook?”

“So you even have credit?” I asked her. “If you didn’t see that picture would you have called me?”

“I asked you a question,” she demanded angrily.

“And I don’t owe you an explanation, okay? You don’t get to call me out of the blues and start asking me fòòlish questions. After how many days?” I retorted in equal measure.

We argued back and forth and then I hung up on her before I said something stùpid that I’d regret. But check this out, she wanted to be a part of my life, yeah? Why all this? Why was I suddenly feeling vulnerable and insecure? It wasn’t a way that I liked to feel.

We called each other for the next few days or a week but we couldn’t seem to get past the series of events that had occurred. She was holding it over my head that I made out with another girl and “cheated” on her. Me? I’m wondering how she could claim to love someone and then decide to call the person even less and less. We are at an impasse. No one can shift ground. Like what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. Picture that.

I told her that I only put all that up to make her jealous. I apologised for my indiscretion and insisted that if I didn’t do that she wouldn’t have called me. She had no defense for that except that she was busy and that I was cheating on her and blah blah blah. She even mentioned the fact that she didn’t think she was in the right frame of mind for a relationship (which I always suspected) which if I’m to be honest I don’t think I am too. For one thing, my conflict resolution skills are shìt.

But how many girls want to be told that you only just want to sleep with them and move on? Exactly!

I figured in my mind that it was a done deal and so I decided to keep it moving. Onto the next one, you know? But since that time she never stopped keeping in touch. One time, she called me out of the blues asking if I was home. I asked why? She said she was in the neighborhood and she just wanted to see me. Where most guys would be ecstatic I was terrified. Coming to see me? What if she was coming with a vial of battery acid? What if she was coming with the intention of causing grievous bodily harm? I was at home quite alright, but I told her I was at work. At the time, she seemed like a woman on a mission. What if I had offended her far more than I realise? I know for a fact that I tend to do that to people a lot, despite my better intentions.

It was later that she told me that what I’d done and the way I’d ended things between us had caused her to develop a low self esteem about herself, seeing how so easily I could “replace” her. Yes, my colleague was way more hotter than she was, and that was my intent. To make her feel the same way that she’d made me feel: insecure, unworthy, unlovable and replaceable. In my estimation, she wanted me to fall hopelessly and helplessly in love with her. But she was being very careful not to fall for me completely. When she felt like I had finally caught some feelings, she eased up, feeling that her mission was completed and there was no need to keep on trying. I could be wrong. Maybe she was only focused on starting up her business. About two months ago, she messaged me to tell me that she’d just opened up a unisex salon somewhere on the mainland. I congratulated her.

In hindsight, I feel like we were only going through a rough patch that could’ve been sorted out, but I escalated things and blew it up into a million pieces. I might be wrong, but I feel like that’s what happened. Everytime she hits me up, I feel a pang in my heart telling me that I should have worked harder to secure the relationship.

But, naaah…

Till next time,

XOXO,

Wayward Pikin.

https://thewaywardpikin.com/what-happened-when-my-girlfriend-chose-shiloh-over-me/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Rocktation, farano

4 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by MajesticKris: 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
Super story.... After God fear Girls..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by mosdii(m): 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
You dodged a bullet.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by Freelane33(m): 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
Shiloh overpowered you bruh . It’s a sorry case . cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by tobechi74: 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
God over man
Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by NobleDeSage001: 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
When a girl shows lack of commitment to your once lively relationship, tread softly. It's either she is getting unto a new guy or she is emotionally disconnected momentarily from you.

You did what you did to save yourself from heartache, no ill feelings.
You may as well end it formally so that you will stop feeling bad each time she calls you.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by BronzeMajik(f): 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
beautifully written.. I love the way you write.. quick question are you really wayward?

1 Like

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 8:54am On Nov 21, 2020
NobleDeSage001:
When a girl shows lack of commitment to your once lively relationship, tread softly. It's either she is getting unto a new guy or she is emotionally disconnected momentarily from you.

You did what you did to save yourself from heartache, no ill feelings.
You may as well end it formally so that you will stop feeling bad each time she calls you.

Even in a relationship, you have to put yourself first and be observant so that you will know when to cut your losses and bail. With women the tides are always changing.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 8:55am On Nov 21, 2020
BronzeMajik:
beautifully written.. I love the way you write..
quick question are you really wayward?

A little bit grin

I'd be lying if I said otherwise. Thanks for the compliment.
Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2020
Freelane33:
Shiloh overpowered you bruh . It’s a sorry case . cool

Hahaha grin

I never thought a day would come when Shiloh of all things would come between me and true love cry. Abi wetin consign agbero with overload?
Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2020
"I wanted you to feel jealous"
Sounds pretty much like the guy who wanted to make me feel jealous by posting repeatedly the pictures of his ex. Manchild everywhere.
Nonsense and balderdash
Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2020
Chii59:
Sounds pretty much like the guy who wanted to make me feel jealous by posting repeatedly the pictures of his ex. Manchild everywhere.
Nonsense and balderdash

No bad vibes lady. Carry your wahala and go.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2020
Chii59:

Yeah. A typical manchild.

So you're still pissed off about your ex?

You must be running mad from being single to stupor.

Mumu

1 Like

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2020
waywardpikin:

So you're still pissed off about your ex?

You must be running mad from being single to stupor.

Mumu
E pain am grin still a manchild.
Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:05am On Nov 21, 2020
Chii59:

E pain am grin still a manchild.

Your father is a manchild

3 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by BronzeMajik(f): 9:06am On Nov 21, 2020
waywardpikin:

A little bit grin

I'd be lying if I said otherwise. Thanks for the compliment.
a little bit is just okay wink.
Please update your blog More often..I'm hooked.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:06am On Nov 21, 2020
Chii59:
Nonsense and balderdash

See wailing abeg! I bet you woke up traumatized. Okporoko like u.
Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 21, 2020
waywardpikin:

See wailing abeg! I bet you woke up traumatized. Okporoko like u.
grin grin
Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:09am On Nov 21, 2020
Chii59:

grin grin

Talk to that nwaezeemmanuel guy na. I mean really talk to him.

This your style of shopping for male attention has to be pay off before 2020 comes to an end or what do you think?

1 Like

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2020
BronzeMajik:
a little bit is just okay wink.
Please update your blog More often..I'm hooked.

Maybe if I heard more from my silent followers I'd update more often. It's a pleasure to meet you. Expect more stuff dropping soon mi amor.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 21, 2020
waywardpikin:

Talk to that nwaezeemmanuel guy na. I mean really talk to him.

This your style of shopping for male attention has to be pay off before 2020 comes to an end or what do you think?
Aww. Never knew you noticed my newest friend. He's such a darling, isn't he?
A pity manchilds like you think every male-female interaction must end in intimacy. See why I call you a manchild? grin

1 Like

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:12am On Nov 21, 2020
Chii59:

Aww. Never knew you noticed my newest friend. He's such a darling, isn't he?
A pity man childs like you think every male-female interaction must end in intimacy. See why I call you a manchild? grin

Like I said, talk to him. Yarn your church mind. Your frustration is something else dear. I can't deal.

Your father remains the manchild my dear. Sorry I remind you of him and your useless ex.

Hope it's not your pùssy smell that chases everyone away sha? You should look into that.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 21, 2020
waywardpikin:

Like I said, talk to him. Yarn your church mind. Your frustration is something else dear. I can't deal.

Your father remains the manchild my dear. Sorry I remind you of him and your useless ex.
Tsk Tsk. You'll grow. Run along, boy. Say me well to mama. grin
Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:14am On Nov 21, 2020
Chii59:

Tsk Tsk. You'll grow. Run along, boy. Say me well to mama. grin

Take your body odour along with you madam.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 21, 2020
waywardpikin:

Take your body odour along with you madam.
grin I think you should stop sniffing your breath.
Boy, you can never shame me. Ta-da cheesy
Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:16am On Nov 21, 2020
Men drove you crazy and now you're running mad all over NL. I blame your useless dad. Definitely you know he's useless too hence your vile bitterness.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2020
Chii59:

grin I think you should stop sniffing your breath.
Boy, you can never shame me. Ta-da cheesy

Yes but I have your time, since you are obviously starved of attention.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by waywardpikin: 9:19am On Nov 21, 2020
Losers in real life, but they run up on NL and think they've found a safe haven where they can unleash their bitterness on the world.

If you have been hurt before it is your business.

If you think all men are scum it is your business.

But if your dad had done his job, you wouldn't be as useless as you are right now.

Attention starved bimbo.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened When My Girlfriend Chose “shiloh” Over Me by NobleDeSage001: 11:09am On Nov 21, 2020
waywardpikin:

Even in a relationship, you have to put yourself first and be observant so that you will know when to cut your losses and bail. With women the tides are always changing.

No be lie. They have been dealing with men from time immemorial and they will continue to deal with men till forever.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wake Wakie, In The Morning I Heard This Words And Was Like / Hmmm! Yoruba People Eeeeeh!! / Your Opinion And Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.