Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,402 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS (2831 Views)

Strike: We Haven’t Exempted ASUU From IPPIS – FG / FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS / FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Ramsey19: 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
By Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja

Federal Government has finally accepted the demand by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) that its members be exempted from the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS)

At Friday’s meeting with ASUU, the federal government’s side shifted grounds on a number of issues, including the insistence that all the academic staff of the federal universities must be paid through IPPIS platform.

While reading out the communique at the end of seven hours negotiations at the conference hall of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment, the Minister, Senator Chris Ngige, said government had agreed to ASUU’s demand to pay their members salary arrears from February to June using old salary payment platform, GIFIMS.

The government also offered to increase the Earned Allowances of university staff from N30 billion to N35 billion and revitalization fund from N20 billion to N25 billion.

More details later…

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/11/20/at-last-fg-agrees-to-exempt-ASUU-from-ippis/
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Kris24(m): 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
So what's the summary of this....
Onoin is now Nigerian Gold[color=#000099][/color]
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Balaxx: 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
Sauce:oil and tomatos

1 Like

Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Rilwayne001: 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
Good indication that the strike would be called off anytime from now.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by gumaveddy(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2020
So finally it has come to an end, let see how ASUU will not called off it 8+strike. The person above me is real G
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by festusbiz(m): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2020
GIFMIS all the way...
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Tony142: 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
well, I still do not believe this until they finally call off the strike

u are free to call me doubting Thomas junior brother if u want, Lol
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Samakus(m): 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
ASUU has won finally

3 Likes

Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
Tony142:
well, I still do not believe this until they finally call off the strike

u are free to call me doubting Thomas junior brother if u want, Lol
I'm with you
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Tony142: 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
Doradorwa:
I'm with you

#wink
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by amerengues(m): 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Hmmm
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Tony142:

#wink
Abeg I wan charge my phone.... Mention me bro if they call it off tho we both know they wont grin grin grin
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Tony142: 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
Doradorwa:
Abeg I wan charge my phone.... Mention me bro if they call it off tho we both know they wont grin grin grin

Lol, ASUU and FG want to give us hope, but we know it is a false hope , Hmm, u won charge phone abi? do not worry I will help u to charge it, just send me the phone through Bluetooth or Xender let me charge it for u here grin.

2 Likes

Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Emmamay10: 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2020
I hope this is true. Calling off the strike will serve as a perfect Christmas gift to me.I've suffered enough mental torture.

1 Like

Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
Emmamay10:
I hope this is true. Calling off the strike will serve as a perfect Christmas gift to me.I've suffered enough mental torture.
I know bro.... I also have my fair part of story to tell
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
Good and bad news.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by sinkhole: 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
Truthspoon1:
Good and bad news.
grin grin undecided undecided

This report can not be 100% trusted because FG is not owing ASUU only February to June but also July to present! Therefore, if they use GIFMIS to pay February to June, which is not significant then what will they use to pay July to present and subsequent till UTAS is ready?

1 Like

Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by bluefilm: 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
Greatest ASUU!!!

1 Like

Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Honduras01: 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
undecided

where will I start my reading from like this?
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by bahaushe1: 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
festusbiz:
GIFMIS all the way...

Ngige is deliberately misinforming the public, it is not GIFMIS but 'what was used to pay those that did not enroll' February to June.

It is IPPIS but without the condition of formal enrollment.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by sinkhole: 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2020
Doradorwa:
I know bro.... I also have my fair part of story to tell
The final happiness/unhappiness will come only when the president of ASUU speaks.

3 Likes

Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by sinkhole: 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
bahaushe1:

Ngige is deliberately misinforming the public, it is not GIFMIS but 'what was used to pay those that did not enroll' February to June.

Ngige may not be at fault here.
The reporter may just assume GIFMIS without Ngige actually saying so, because the report of only paying February to June is incorrect on its own.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by bahaushe1: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2020
We have not actually been exempted. It is still ippis but without the need formal enrollment.

It is a win win for both parties. ASUU members will not formally enrolled and FGN will control salary payment of federal universities through OAGF.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by 4t4th(m): 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
After we have grown grey hair at home.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Honduras01: 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
[s]
Balaxx:
Sauce:oil and tomatos
[/s]

it will shock your femurs
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Saintinoo(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2020
sinkhole:
grin grin undecided undecided

This report can not be 100% trusted because FG is not owing ASUU only February to June but also July to present! Therefore, if they use GIFMIS to pay February to June, which is not significant then what will they use to pay July to present and subsequent till UTAS is ready?
It is not FG that is not to be trusted here but the source of the news, thisday did not report it well, FG is to pay ASUU with GIMFIS pending when UTAS is ready.

1 Like

Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Ademola47(m): 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
The should try and reach a consensus this year.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by sinkhole: 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
bahaushe1:

Here is a link to a more clearer report by AIT:

https://ait.live/fg-shifts-grounds-offers-ASUU-additional-n15-billion-as-revitalization-funds/amp

On withheld salaries and non remittance of check off dues, both parties agreed that the Federal Ministry of Education and Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment should reconsider the “No Work, No Pay” with a view of getting approval for the withheld salaries to be paid.

The meeting also agreed that the mode of payment applied for the payment of those that had not been captured in the IPPIS platform between the months of February and June 2020 be adopted for the purpose of payment during this transition period.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by bahaushe1: 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2020
sinkhole:
Ngige may not be at fault here.
The reporter may just assume GIFMIS without Ngige actually saying so, because the report of only paying February to June is incorrect on its own.

The reference to February to June is on payment platform. What they will use in settling July to date is the same platform they used in paying February to June which is not GIFMIS.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by bahaushe1: 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
sinkhole:
Here is a link to a more clearer report by AIT:

https://ait.live/fg-shifts-grounds-offers-ASUU-additional-n15-billion-as-revitalization-funds/amp

Thank you. AIT reporter has actually seen the correct document, I have it.
Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Natural441(m): 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
Bleep federal government

Bleep ASUU

They are just playing with our future when there children are studying in abroad.

I pray make my children no suffer this in there life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Last, FG Agrees To Exempt ASUU From IPPIS by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
Good one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Futa Cut Off Mark Released / Uniben 2010 admission - How To Do Your Online Clearance / I Have Not Received An Email From Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.