Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,516 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:01 PM

Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. (5004 Views)

Don't Ever Pray For War!!! Viewer Discretion Please / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari / Buhari's Handshake With Trump Vs Kenyatta's Handshake - Compare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Oluwajuwon09063: 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2020
Cashsteady:
O boy I went to Abuja today what my eyes saw my mouth no fee talk.. Abuja fine like mad pls stop comparing Kigali to Lagos or Abuja oo abeg Kigali no reach.. everything for abuja just clean and fresh very organized, wide roads u should visit
Abj is a very organized state to live bro

1 Like

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Tunde835(m): 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
dont even mention Lagos, apart from some barely manageable places between Ikoyi, VI and Lekki, Lagos is one big ghetto. I say this with no sense of prejudice though, just an indictment on our political leaders. The op is just an unexposed JJC that’s why I’m not bothered with his post
U ar just making this up, Lagos is not one big ghetto. Most of d ghettos ar as a result of poor people living there. There are places like Alimosho that are middle class nd not poor nd also don't forget that the place that u ar calling a ghetto is richer than many african countries including Rwanda as a whole

3 Likes

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by nsiba: 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
Cashsteady:
O boy I went to Abuja today what my eyes saw my mouth no fee talk.. Abuja fine like mad pls stop comparing Kigali to Lagos or Abuja oo abeg Kigali no reach.. everything for abuja just clean and fresh very organized, wide roads u should visit

You be real village boy, how can you be comparing a Abuja to Kigali?
Is it size, population, business activities or what?
You this local boys coming online via the grace of God just like writing rubbish
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by nsiba: 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
Bkayyy:
Have you been to Kigali?

This one is forever a dumb ass, pained by the backwardness of his state capital and Biafra imaginations

4 Likes

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by engrchykae(m): 3:22am On Nov 21, 2020
Cashsteady:
when the indigenes of Abuja are bush people,how can Abuja develop?
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:47am On Nov 21, 2020
Notatribalist:
You don't know what you're saying. If you have been to 17 countries did you traveled round the cities to ascertain this claim?Ghana is one of the most under develop country in Africa, but you can never see a Ghanian coming online to claim Abuja is more develope than Kumasi, that's patriotism.. Your Nigerians have the habit of coming online to spell trash about your country.. Your problem is your leaders, not your country. Fight your leaders and stop castigating your country.

Nigeria biggest problem is not leadership I have always told you this the problem is illiteracy and stupidity of the people. The average Nigerian mentality will only vote for an idiot which can do nothing for them especially Criminal. The situation with Nigerians all over the world have nothing to do with leadership. United Kingdom 95 Nigerian contest for different positions and election, but if you look at it Nigeria is 14 Africa in employment in Britain and Nigerians have the highest crime rate in the UK, it is the same problem when the people just vote for any Nigerian idiot. Government has never been Nigeria's problem but a literacy of the Citizens where the Citizens will tell you they have to support somebody which can do nothing for them it is better if they suffer. I have been to a lot of developed countries and I see Nigerian saying we have to vote for ourselves even if the person which will vote for can do nothing for us. You can vote for 1 million Nigerians none of them will take the country forward..
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:59am On Nov 21, 2020
Rugaria:

Lol but you quoted me!? I will quote you but you can argeu with your keyboard. I said in "relative terms".. I've been around Abuja and I can say it's relatively planned compared to all the other disasters will call cities in nigeria! There are things you want to see there but it's certainly not a shabby city.Imean modernising Abuja won't take much. . Just a question of biulding up new neighbourhoods with better planning.
Abuja is backward in terms of African standard

2 Likes

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by PAWG(m): 5:16am On Nov 21, 2020
EastisBae:

Village man, so you just went to Maitama and started gushing grin Abuja may look classy when compared to Aba, Ibadan, Zaria, Benin and other dungeon cities in Nigeria, but my brother, many cities in Africa and beyond including Kigali are far more beautiful than Abuja.

I have been to many supposed classy neighbourhoods in Abuja but they're still below par when rated against international cities.

Have you been to Kigali?
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Saao(m): 5:41am On Nov 21, 2020
Cashsteady:
lol u see why is always good to travel?
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Kirigidi(m): 5:41am On Nov 21, 2020
etrouble:

I have been to all the 26 countries in West Africa including Cameroon and Central African Republic. The best Capitals of these countries are just as beautiful as Ilorin. They are not even near Osogbo, not to talk of Enugu, Akwa, Onitsha, Owerri and others.

If you say Abuja is not at par with international cities, then you may be right, but Nigeria is not the worst country in Africa.
Enhenn! We have 26 countries in West Africa? Mr traveller indeed.
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by oyatz(m): 5:42am On Nov 21, 2020
You can't have very clean cities if most people in the country are poor.

If you take poor people to live in a very planned and clean citiy. After a year, the city will become disorganized and dirty.
Where will Take, the roadside vulcanizer put his machine, where will Musa be doing his Suya spot and any provision for Mama Nkechi's Isi-ewu cool spot & Beer Parlour?

1 Like

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Movic1(m): 6:09am On Nov 21, 2020
Before you rubbish your country , read comments in these threads.

https://www.nairaland.com/4475569/exploring-kigali-rwanda

https://www.nairaland.com/6127449/rwanda-singapore-africa-pictures/2

Nigeria no be Rwanda mate.
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by AwkaFinest: 6:26am On Nov 21, 2020
etrouble:

I have been to all the 26 countries in West Africa including Cameroon and Central African Republic. The best Capitals of these countries are just as beautiful as Ilorin. They are not even near Osogbo, not to talk of Enugu, Akwa, Onitsha, Owerri and others.

If you say Abuja is not at par with international cities, then you may be right, but Nigeria is not the worst country in Africa.

26 countries in West Africa?

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Godfullsam(m): 6:46am On Nov 21, 2020
Abuja is a beautiful city with fantastic road network.

That is the truth.
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Gabriel004: 7:09am On Nov 21, 2020
etrouble:

You can lie for Africa.

Which Abuja.
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Gabriel004: 7:11am On Nov 21, 2020
Notatribalist:
Shut up,which Kigali is more beautiful than Abuja? You derive joy from bringing your country down, idiot.

1 Like

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by WoeBetide666: 7:42am On Nov 21, 2020
Rwanda has a GDP per capita of $801, whereas Nigeria's is $2,229. According to the World Bank, Rwanda is a 'Least Developed' country whereas Nigeria is considered a 'Developing/Emerging' economy. It's only clowns that will compare Rwanda to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Notatribalist(m): 7:44am On Nov 21, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Nigeria biggest problem is not leadership I have always told you this the problem is illiteracy and stupidity of the people. The average Nigerian mentality will only vote for an idiot which can do nothing for them especially Criminal. The situation with Nigerians all over the world have nothing to do with leadership. United Kingdom 95 Nigerian contest for different positions and election, but if you look at it Nigeria is 14 Africa in employment in Britain and Nigerians have the highest crime rate in the UK, it is the same problem when the people just vote for any Nigerian idiot. Government has never been Nigeria's problem but a literacy of the Citizens where the Citizens will tell you they have to support somebody which can do nothing for them it is better if they suffer. I have been to a lot of developed countries and I see Nigerian saying we have to vote for ourselves even if the person which will vote for can do nothing for us. You can vote for 1 million Nigerians none of them will take the country forward..
Do your best to change the narrative, little by little it will change. Pls stop castigating your country.. It's helps no one.
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by femi4: 7:47am On Nov 21, 2020
Cashsteady:
JJC...have you been to Abuja outskirts
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2020
Notatribalist:
Do your best to change the narrative, little by little it will change. Pls stop castigating your country.. It's helps no one.

This is the biggest problem with Nigeria today the people know what is right but they will not do it they prefer fooling themselves and suffering up and down the place. When I was in UK and America I made some Nigerians telling us Nigerians cannot developing country but we have to vote and support herself even if it means the people which we are putting for can do nothing for us. This is the mentality of people in Nigeria and this is why our country cannot move and they know what is right they know what is correct but they will not do it right that they found themselves up and down the place. As long as we do not tell ourselves the truth the country cannot move forward. You cannot be last in the world and everything and you want us to start blowing a trumpet like stupid people are saying we are the best
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:02am On Nov 21, 2020
femi4:
JJC...have you been to Abuja outskirts

Don't even try it because nowadays they are kidnapping people. On the outskirts of Abuja is old controlled by Bandit now. There is really no security Force
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Coldie(m): 8:15am On Nov 21, 2020
Cashsteady:
I have said it before some people saying Nigeria is a shithole don't know anything if Nigerians really know about Nigeria 60% of Nigerians residing in other African countries will come home.

Somebody from his village in abia or ebonyi or osun would say Nigeria is useless not knowing his village is a backyard. Immediately he will leave for a poorer African country start suffering himself and be thinking all is well.

I know a young boy whose father sent to gambia, imagine Gambia people who are very poor.

Gambia that kano is richer than before u know he starts involving himself in sth illegal.

People comparing Nigeria to Rwanda are just very ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Cashsteady(m): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2020
Honestly with what I saw if the government and citizens can invest more in Abuja it will definitely look like Nairobi or even better
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by etrouble: 8:25am On Nov 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Excuse me. Did you say 26 countries in West Africa?

It was a typo, I think I was angry with the fellow. 16 West African countries I mean.
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Sonoyom(m): 8:25am On Nov 21, 2020
etrouble:

26 countries in West Africa?
na wa oooo
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by nairaman66(m): 8:40am On Nov 21, 2020
Rugaria:

Lol but you quoted me!? I will quote you but you can argeu with your keyboard. I said in "relative terms".. I've been around Abuja and I can say it's relatively planned compared to all the other disasters will call cities in nigeria! There are things you want to see there but it's certainly not a shabby city.Imean modernising Abuja won't take much. . Just a question of biulding up new neighbourhoods with better planning.

Your point is valid. But calling Abuja a city without any amenities is laughable. Abuja is adorn with roads yet! What about it’s waste disposal systems, security? Power? Rail? Underground sewage disposal? Public amusement Parks? Public libraries? The list goes on and on.

A so called city with edifices without the aforementioned pointers is just a glorified village in lay man terms

1 Like

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by dada01(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2020
EastisBae:

Village man, so you just went to Maitama and started gushing grin Abuja may look classy when compared to Aba, Ibadan, Zaria, Benin and other dungeon cities in Nigeria, but my brother, many cities in Africa and beyond including Kigali are far more beautiful than Abuja.

I have been to many supposed classy neighbourhoods in Abuja but they're still below par when rated against international cities.

Get your facts right, Abuja is one of the most beautiful city in Africa that's because it has a robust master plan that is being reviewed time after time. What most people don't realize is Abuja is divided into two parts, we have the FCC and Satelite towns. The undeveloped part of Abuja is usually the satellite towns like Nyanya, Kuje, Gwagwa etc while the Federal Capital City (FCC) can compete sholder to shoulder with most developed city in Africa. Finally, given the age of the city, it has really come a long way.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Rugaria: 9:11am On Nov 21, 2020
nairaman66:

Your point is valid. But calling Abuja a city without any amenities is laughable. Abuja is adorn with roads yet! What about it’s waste disposal systems, security? Power? Rail? Underground sewage disposal? Public amusement Parks? Public libraries? The list goes on and on.

A so called city with edifices without the aforementioned pointers is just a glorified village in lay man terms
You're totally right on that score..
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Notatribalist(m): 9:23am On Nov 21, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

This is the biggest problem with Nigeria today the people know what is right but they will not do it they prefer fooling themselves and suffering up and down the place. When I was in UK and America I made some Nigerians telling us Nigerians cannot developing country but we have to vote and support herself even if it means the people which we are putting for can do nothing for us. This is the mentality of people in Nigeria and this is why our country cannot move and they know what is right they know what is correct but they will not do it right that they found themselves up and down the place. As long as we do not tell ourselves the truth the country cannot move forward. You cannot be last in the world and everything and you want us to start blowing a trumpet like stupid people are saying we are the best
First of all you're not the last in the world.I have visited other African countries and I know how cost of living is over there. 2,Even if you're last In the world it's foolish to think the only way to solve is coming online to cry to other country nationals. How many times have you seen a Ghanian, Togolese, Beninese or Cameroonian come online to spell trash about their country?or you think they don't have problem? AKON said,more people die in America than all Africa daily, but the America media and the decide what to give out for public to see,they tell the story to suit their agenda.. They are branders,so they have to Brand their country because they have no other country.. The earlier you Nigeria realize this the better for you.

1 Like

Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 21, 2020
etrouble:

I have been to all the 26 16 countries in West Africa including Cameroon and Central African Republic. The best Capitals of these countries are just as beautiful as Ilorin. They are not even near Osogbo, not to talk of Enugu, Akwa, Onitsha, Owerri and others.

Mention any of the major cuisines in CAR
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

narrative or no narrative abuja is more better than many African capital city your talking as if every country in African capital city is way better than abuja ....I understand your plight your bitter about the country does not mean you should not appreciate the little progress the country as made .....for your information they are slum in Kigali too just Google it your self
Re: Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again.. by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

check this thread and see for ur self

OK they are slum in Kigali

https://www.nairaland.com/4475569/exploring-kigali-rwanda

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Re-arraigns Ayo Fayose / Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? / Top 10 Attack Helicopters In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.