Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS (44305 Views)

FG Offers Placement To Ukraine-based Nigerian Students Amid ASUU Strike / Strike: We Haven’t Exempted ASUU From IPPIS – FG / ASUU Silent On Meeting To Consider Fg’s Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by olaboy33(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by flexd99(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
Let's wait for what ASUU has to say

3 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Vitamin17(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
Is alright smiley
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by BMZK: 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
It is obvious some people are not happy with this resolution. They're now singing praise for ASUU instead of celebrating the good news. Nigeria will be great again! More good news to come despite the naysayers.
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Harrykn: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2020
Are we resuming soon
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Honduras01: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Harrykn:
Are we resuming soon
I guess so
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by otokx(m): 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
ASUU should accept this olive branch.
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Eagle360(m): 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
jlinkd78:
Take it or leave it ASUU is the only labour union in this country everyother is simply where belle face. Congratulations ASUU for being hard and ruthless on their scrotum
No,
NMA know how to hold FG scrotum. The only union that fight and win as regard theirs welfares

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Elogy(m): 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
Make ASUU make sure say the money Don enter their account before they call off oh because me I know say Labour way day call that kind of amount never pay ministry of labour staff their salary because the money no day since last month

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
Nothing wey Charley Boy and his lesbian daughter no go hear for Zoogeria the Zoo

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Pepsi4me(f): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2020
jlinkd78:
Take it or leave it ASUU is the only labour union in this country everyother is simply where belle face. Congratulations ASUU for being hard and ruthless on their scrotum

100% True
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by tommy589(m): 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
HigherEd:

Lol I hope you guys would realize the truth before it becomes late.

The current system where universities fully depend on payouts from the government is unsustainable and would never make the universities competitive or valuable enough to industry. Especially in a country with a surging population yet depleting economy.

As part of comprehensive reform of the Nigerian state. The emphasis on higher education needs to be lowered. Not everyone should need to go to university to amount to anything meaningful in life. People who must go there by virtue of stellar academic records should be offered scholarships.

Why would the ministry of education train with subsidy 2000 zoology students across the nation and only 1% of them end up as zoologist or researchers in Zoology. While the rest end up in banks, telcos, and everyother place where a zoology degree is never ended. How many subsidized degrees yield return on Investment for the Nigerian state. E.. g Inter rel, Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry etc? Tbh only strategically important degrees ought to be free in Nigerian schools. E.g Medicine, Nursing, Civil engineering.

Lets focus on our economy and generate enough value for each Nigerian to be self sufficient enough to fund their own education and stop funding unsustainable projects like ASUU.

I am in agreement 100%
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Pepsi4me(f): 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
flexd99:
Let's wait for what ASUU has to say
Very true. Let's hear ASUU side of the story.

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Dannyfan(m): 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ope oooo, but money making don enter my head, make I shaa know book when we resume
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by southsouthking(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2020
They are jittery, trying to evade Protest. They had no option than to obey the bidding of ASSU.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by dollyj1996(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2020
at least we hear something positive since this while...
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by silverlinen(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
Damn
ASUU the real folks
But them for wait make peeps like us hustle finish before getting to this
December don reach and me want cash out so i go fit nak my exam officer #90k for my second class upper
Be like say oyinbo folks don dey use water wash face before chatting o
But na small thing cos format plenty for hustling

PEACE
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Brunicekid(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2020
TONYE001:
It would soon be over.

FG and ASUU should work up a long lasting solution to end these incessant interruptions of academic activities.

Some of us don too tey for school, we don tire.
Yeah..I pity them final year students especially.
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
HigherEd:

The current system where universities fully depend on payouts from the government is unsustainable and would never make the universities competitive or valuable enough to industry. Especially in a country with a surging population yet depleting economy.

As part of comprehensive reform of the Nigerian state. The emphasis on higher education needs to be lowered. Not everyone should need to go to university to amount to anything meaningful in life. People who must go there by virtue of stellar academic records should be offered scholarships.

Why would the ministry of education train with subsidy 2000 zoology students across the nation and only 1% of them end up as zoologist or researchers in Zoology. While the rest end up in banks, telcos, and everyother place where a zoology degree is never ended. How many subsidized degrees yield return on Investment for the Nigerian state. E.. g Inter rel, Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry etc? Tbh only strategically important degrees ought to be free in Nigerian schools. E.g Medicine, Nursing, Civil engineering.

Lets focus on our economy and generate enough value for each Nigerian to be self sufficient enough to fund their own education and stop funding unsustainable projects like ASUU.

Me and you know that if senators corner almost all government jobs for their boys, so will they corners all the scholarship slots for their boys, so let's not deceive ourselves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Xtfield(m): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2020
HigherEd:

Well put. Please I need your permission to copy and paste on an education platform on Facebook and WhatsApp. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Faloh: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

I agree.

Succinctly delivered.

I agree completely
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by jchioma: 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
Wahala for govt which after all dere gra gra, still come back to terms laid by ASUU from day one. Why all the waste of time, resources and lives?

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by toye440: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
And The Scam Resumes.
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Fifthwave(f): 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
jlinkd78:

Nigerian public universities will not improve in anyway. ASUU only fights for their pocket and not for the improvement of our universities.

5 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by chatinent: 10:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
embarassed
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by MrEgghead(m): 10:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
jlinkd78:
NMA is there...FG quickly responds to NMA demands without any prolonged issues.

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by edogu(m): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ngige said all vice-chancellors are to submit details of the EAA/EA to the National Universities Commission (NUC) on or before November 30.

etokhana:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-fg-offers-n65bn-to-end-ASUU-strike/

Nice move from the FG. However, it's not yet uhuru. The ASUU that I know will make sure that every penny is paid before calling off or suspending the strike including their salary arrears.

3 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by HigherEd: 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2020
Xtfield:
Well put. Please I need your permission to copy and paste on an education platform on Facebook and WhatsApp. Thanks in advance
Please go ahead. Thank you.
Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Rockyfancino(m): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2020
The last time, they said it will take 8 weeks for UTAS testing to be completed, they even said UTAS doesn't have hardware. lol These people are just playing.

2 Likes

Re: FG Offers ₦65 Billion To End ASUU Strike, Exempts ASUU From IPPIS by Codes151(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2020
All ASUU and other should be registered in a payment system to curb fraud.

All this rubbish will keep on happening

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Words That Sound Like Opposite But Are Actually Synonyms / Anambra Schools Resume With Strict COVID-19 Safety Checks (Photos) / FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.