Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. (1350 Views)

Lekki Tollgate Protest Ruined By Army, Not Hijacked By Hoodlums - JUDICIAL PANEL / Dele Momodu Visits Senator Ademola Adeleke In Ede (Photos) / Dele Momodu Visits His Father's Rented House In Ile-Ife (Video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by chrisxxx(m): 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
Chiefs beg Defence Headquarters not to withdraw soldiers in Oyigbo.

Chiefs have implored the Defence Headquarters not to withdraw soldiers deployed to restore peace in the Oyigbo Local Government Area of Rivers State in order to prevent remnants of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), from regrouping.

The chiefs under the aegis of Ogbakor Oyigbo, have also urged all those who deserted Oyigbo to return as normalcy has been restored.

The appeal to the military authorities was made when the Publisher of the Ovation International Magazine, Chief Dele Momodu, visited Oyigbo, to assess the situation in the area ground.

A high chief, Eze Ukwu III, Louis Okorie, told Momodu and his delegation that the community chiefs do not approve the withdrawal of soldiers from Oyigbo. He expressed serious concern that if soldiers are withdrawn from Oyigbo, IPOB anarchists would unleash violence in the area.

" The Ogbakor Oyigbo General held a meeting here yesterday and said they will not allow the removal of soldiers from Oyigbo. On 12th of November, 2020 we met with the Local Government Chairman, Gerald Aforji, informing him of our plight. We don't want Army to be withdrawn for the benefit of Oyigbo people. We need to be careful of the remnants of IPOB terrorists. We thank Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike for imposing of curfew which has calmed down the situation in Oyigbo.”

In the same vein, High Chief, Lisbery Onyegorom, narrated that indigenes of Oyigbo were astounded by the wanton destruction unleased on their community by members of the outlawed, IPOB.

"We were surprised by the level of destruction by the IPOB. We are Rivers State and Niger Delta people. Our people are not members of IPOB . I am not aware of any Oyigbo indigene who is a member. We don't allow that.

“Now, that the IPOB have killed some soldiers, all of them have ran away. The Army is investigating and fishing them out . Most of the IPOB members arrested have given vital information about the remnants.

“We are in support of the Governor's ban on IPOB activities across Rivers State and hoisting of IPOB Flag.”

Onyegorom frowned at allegation of extrajudicial killings levelled against Nigerian Army by some persons working for some extraneous forces playing petty politics with the Oyigbo issue.

" We are tsolidly behind our Governor’s effort to maintain peace in Oyigbo. The Governor did not say, go and kill people. The Army came on a rescue mission . That's what they came for. It is the deployment of the Army that give us comfort to remain here. For now, we hear of threat to protest again. Army is going no where. Let the Army stay until we are sure of peace in Oyigbo.”

" Those who ran away should come back. The Army is not chasing any body. Army is not killing any person. Let the Army stay, until we are sure peace has returned.”

On his part, the Chairman of Oyigbo Local Government Area, Prince Gerald Oforji said most of the negative information peddled in the media on the situation in the area are unfounded.

"Today, I am very happy for the visit by the Ovation family to assess the wanton destruction carried out on the 20 October by the IPOB. Today ,they have come to assess and see things for themselves based on lopsided information they have been getting concerning Oyigbo. I believe with what they have seen today, the world, can confirm that most of those negative information posted against Oyigbo, against Rivers State, are unfounded

Chief Dele Momodu said he was on an assessment cum sympathy visit to Oyigbo to see the level of wanton destruction perpetrated by IPOB.

Momodu, described as unfounded and untrue insinuation in some quarters that the military have been killing innocent persons in Oyigbo.

"The way they describe Oyigbo as if there is massacre, there is no massacre going on. I have not seen any massacre. I believe, we have moved round extensively, nobody has told me not to move to anywhere. A lot of people have challenged me that I can not come to Rivers and visit Oyigbo.

“So, I am here. For me, it is a mixture of sadness and joy. Joy, that am able to come here in peace, because the impression I got was that nobody could come here at all; that everywhere has been taken over by the military and people are been massacred. I have gone round. I went to the market, I have gone to the police headquarters that was allegedly burnt down."

Momodu later inspected some State government projects which include: Umunju-Umueze, Umuroke- Umusu-Umuelechi-Umuokpurukpu-Umuagu-Umugwu-Umueke and Umuoyoro Road. Others are: Umuakrikpo Community Primary School, Umuoyoro Community Primary School, Community Primary School Umuobasi Eberi and State School Obibi Umuogba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2020
submitting
Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Okoroawusa: 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
Dele Momodu who is bankrolling you?
Hahahaha!

I love the way you went to Oyigbo. Only Momodu is the only celebrity or journalist concerned about what happened in Oyigbo. The rest of the celebrities even the igbos among them are fixated on Lagos.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by AntiWailer: 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
Imagine
Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Ojiofor: 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
chrisxxx:
Chiefs beg Defence Headquarters not to withdraw soldiers in Oyigbo.

Chiefs have implored the Defence Headquarters not to withdraw soldiers deployed to restore peace in the Oyigbo Local Government Area of Rivers State in order to prevent remnants of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), from regrouping.

The chiefs under the aegis of Ogbakor Oyigbo, have also urged all those who deserted Oyigbo to return as normalcy has been restored.

The appeal to the military authorities was made when the Publisher of the Ovation International Magazine, Chief Dele Momodu, visited Oyigbo, to assess the situation in the area ground.

A high chief, Eze Ukwu III, Louis Okorie, told Momodu and his delegation that the community chiefs do not approve the withdrawal of soldiers from Oyigbo. He expressed serious concern that if soldiers are withdrawn from Oyigbo, IPOB anarchists would unleash violence in the area.

" The Ogbakor Oyigbo General held a meeting here yesterday and said they will not allow the removal of soldiers from Oyigbo. On 12th of November, 2020 we met with the Local Government Chairman, Gerald Aforji, informing him of our plight. We don't want Army to be withdrawn for the benefit of Oyigbo people. We need to be careful of the remnants of IPOB terrorists. We thank Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike for imposing of curfew which has calmed down the situation in Oyigbo.”

In the same vein, High Chief, Lisbery Onyegorom, narrated that indigenes of Oyigbo were astounded by the wanton destruction unleased on their community by members of the outlawed, IPOB.

"We were surprised by the level of destruction by the IPOB. We are Rivers State and Niger Delta people. Our people are not members of IPOB . I am not aware of any Oyigbo indigene who is a member. We don't allow that.

“Now, that the IPOB have killed some soldiers, all of them have ran away. The Army is investigating and fishing them out . Most of the IPOB members arrested have given vital information about the remnants.

“We are in support of the Governor's ban on IPOB activities across Rivers State and hoisting of IPOB Flag.”

Onyegorom frowned at allegation of extrajudicial killings levelled against Nigerian Army by some persons working for some extraneous forces playing petty politics with the Oyigbo issue.

" We are tsolidly behind our Governor’s effort to maintain peace in Oyigbo. The Governor did not say, go and kill people. The Army came on a rescue mission . That's what they came for. It is the deployment of the Army that give us comfort to remain here. For now, we hear of threat to protest again. Army is going no where. Let the Army stay until we are sure of peace in Oyigbo.”

" Those who ran away should come back. The Army is not chasing any body. Army is not killing any person. Let the Army stay, until we are sure peace has returned.”

On his part, the Chairman of Oyigbo Local Government Area, Prince Gerald Oforji said most of the negative information peddled in the media on the situation in the area are unfounded.

"Today, I am very happy for the visit by the Ovation family to assess the wanton destruction carried out on the 20 October by the IPOB. Today ,they have come to assess and see things for themselves based on lopsided information they have been getting concerning Oyigbo. I believe with what they have seen today, the world, can confirm that most of those negative information posted against Oyigbo, against Rivers State, are unfounded

Chief Dele Momodu said he was on an assessment cum sympathy visit to Oyigbo to see the level of wanton destruction perpetrated by IPOB.

Momodu, described as unfounded and untrue insinuation in some quarters that the military have been killing innocent persons in Oyigbo.

"The way they describe Oyigbo as if there is massacre, there is no massacre going on. I have not seen any massacre. I believe, we have moved round extensively, nobody has told me not to move to anywhere. A lot of people have challenged me that I can not come to Rivers and visit Oyigbo.

“So, I am here. For me, it is a mixture of sadness and joy. Joy, that am able to come here in peace, because the impression I got was that nobody could come here at all; that everywhere has been taken over by the military and people are been massacred. I have gone round. I went to the market, I have gone to the police headquarters that was allegedly burnt down."

Momodu later inspected some State government projects which include: Umunju-Umueze, Umuroke- Umusu-Umuelechi-Umuokpurukpu-Umuagu-Umugwu-Umueke and Umuoyoro Road. Others are: Umuakrikpo Community Primary School, Umuoyoro Community Primary School, Community Primary School Umuobasi Eberi and State School Obibi Umuogba.

Source before I comment.

2 Likes

Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by chinjo(m): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Wike made the right decision in taming the members of members of Ipob in oyigbo. Only irresponsible government will allow separatist to be hoisting flags in its territories.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Ever8090: 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
Na waooo...ipob don suffer,.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Lajet: 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
The king of Obigbo has condemned the activities of the Army in Obigbo two days ago. So if wicked Wike like he should hire more criminal Elders to keep on deceiving zombies.

https://www.nairaland.com/6264236/oyigbo-rivers-monarch-asks-army

4 Likes

Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by LikeAking: 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Foolish chiefs.
Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Moferere: 12:01am On Nov 21, 2020
Law abiding residents of oyigbo are OK with the N.A

Igbos are wailing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Moferere: 12:03am On Nov 21, 2020
LikeAking:
Foolish chiefs.

Spotted
Illiterate People of Biafra (IPoB)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by DbitterTruth: 12:26am On Nov 21, 2020
u waited for weeks after the outcry, u waited until after all d dead bodies have been carefully evacuated by d military & many thrown into d IMO river? oga journalist, I mean u waited this long b4 visiting? was it fear or cawardice? Now, finally after waking up from sleep, the ethics of investigative journalism didn't inspire to quietly go to d grass root(masses) & carefully find out the TRUTH from them, who suffered d brunt of d onslougt... Nope, rather u politically went through d political chief & LGA chief who have been pocketed by d governor as puppets to do his bidding to entertain u & fill u with sugarcoated lies & possibly oil ur pocket... The way we play with bloodshed in this country & treat it with levity has brought a generational curse that has brought only pain & anguish... the cover ups, political correctness, lies & deceit @d expence of innocent blood crying daily to d heavens... is a pity bcus, the IPOB they claim to hunt down has gone far ahead of them that even the army umbrella can no longer cover d chiefs when the rain of vengeance begins to fall..

1 Like

Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by gidgiddy: 12:56am On Nov 21, 2020
I watched the video of Dele Momodus visit to Obigbo, which some would rather call the imposed name of 'Oyigbo'. At no time did Dele Momodu meet any chief from Obigbo. The only person Dele Momodu met was the Chairman of the local government and a woman who claimed to be trained in security, who was obviously there to support what Wike said about IPOB

This thread is fake news. Below is Dele Momodus visit to Obigbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y0Tkp_dU-M&t=2101s
Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Bkayyy: 1:04am On Nov 21, 2020
Fake news.
What do you people gain from posting fake news?
Is there award to it?
Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Bkayyy: 1:05am On Nov 21, 2020
LikeAking:
Foolish chiefs.
It's fake. Normal propaganda
Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Rugaria: 1:23am On Nov 21, 2020
gidgiddy:
I watched the video of Dele Momodus visit to Obigbo, which some would rather call the imposed name of 'Oyigbo'. At no time did Dele Momodu meet any chief from Obigbo. The only person Dele Momodu met was the Chairman of the local government and a woman who claimed to be trained in security, who was obviously there to support what Wike said about IPOB

This thread is fake news. Below is Dele Momodus visit to Obigbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y0Tkp_dU-M&t=2101s
This was a huge military operation..
Re: Chiefs In Oyigbo Plead With Army Not To Leave As Dele Momodu Visits. by Tranquill: 2:48am On Nov 21, 2020
DbitterTruth:
u waited for weeks after the outcry, u waited until after all d dead bodies have been carefully evacuated by d military & many thrown into d IMO river? oga journalist, I mean u waited this long b4 visiting? was it fear or cawardice? Now, finally after waking up from sleep, the ethics of investigative journalism didn't inspire to quietly go to d grass root(masses) & carefully find out the TRUTH from them, who suffered d brunt of d onslougt... Nope, rather u politically went through d political chief & LGA chief who have been pocketed by d governor as puppets to do his bidding to entertain u & fill u with sugarcoated lies & possibly oil ur pocket... The way we play with bloodshed in this country & treat it with levity has brought a generational curse that has brought only pain & anguish... the cover ups, political correctness, lies & deceit @d expence of innocent blood crying daily to d heavens... is a pity bcus, the IPOB they claim to hunt down has gone far ahead of them that even the army umbrella can no longer cover d chiefs when the rain of vengeance begins to fall..

So why have you not posted the dead bodies you saw in Imo River?

You can go on your own fact finding like Dele Momodu and bring your findings let us compare

Be sure to fly your ipot flag very high o when you get there....

Ipot rat like you.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Cattle And Milk Producing Nations / I Will Join IPOB When This Happens. / Video Of Private Jets That Landed In Kano For Yusuf Buhari's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.