Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? (1066 Views)

SWAT Officer Seen Checking Man’s Phone Despite IGP's Warning Against It (Video) / Christiana Ayeni Sent To Prison For "Checking Female Students Private Parts" / Any Policeman Checking Vehicle Particulars Is On Iilegal Duty–aig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by skup008(m): 12:09am On Nov 21, 2020
It was on 20/11/2020 around 11:30am in the morning along Taiwo road Ilorin. At first it was road safety and VIO officers standing on the road, stopping some cars causing hold up. But to my biggest surprise, just by the opposite direction was a man wearing a DSS polo shirt and holding a unique gun ( the gun wider but not as long as AK-47). What surprises is the fact that DSS agent will be brought so low to work with VIO, FRSC and police just to stop vehicles and check paper. Or is it only me seeing something wrong about this?.
Is checking of vehicle particulars more important than creating security for the masses especially at this point in time where security is a serious issue.

So just as I kept pondering about what I saw in the morning. Couple of hours later around 1:40pm the same day along unity road, Ilorin, couple of meters away from the spot where all this uniform men were doing road blocks, at this time they have left. Two bikes were pursuing each other while the one at back keeps shouting ole ni o, ole ni o (he is a thief, he is a thief) I don't know if the guy was caught because I was driving in opposite direction.

I will be happy if this thread can get the attention someone who witnessed the incidence.
Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by Officialgarri: 12:30am On Nov 21, 2020
It simply means the DSS were particularly out looking for someone on their list.

Do you know DSS are also at land borders, even some in far away african countries feeding constant information to the HQ?

Many sea pirate attacks have been foiled before the criminals even sailed.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by skup008(m): 12:36am On Nov 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
It simply means the DSS were particularly out looking for someone on their list.

Do you know DSS are also at land borders, even some in far away african countries feeding constant information to the HQ?

Many sea pirate attacks have been foiled before the criminals even sailed.

Wow it would be a great job of they are there to do intelligent work but if you see the way the DSS guy was involved in arguing with few drivers stopped you might have a second thought you too sir.
Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by Officialgarri: 12:44am On Nov 21, 2020
skup008:

Wow it would be a great job of they are there to do intelligent work but if you see the way the DSS guy was involved in arguing with few drivers stopped you might have a second thought you too sir.
Possibly his attitude made him look like a hustler like police.

Every state has their DSS branch (not all of them works in HQ in Abuja) but asides some special duties, their function usually covers monitoring of transfer of explosives for blasting and detonators.
Also to have information of all foreigners within that state.

So if you find an official on the road, it means they are out looking for something and will withdraw as soon as the task is done.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by shagasha: 2:41am On Nov 21, 2020
Why should you be surprised? Have u forgotten the country you are in?

Nothing surprises me in this country anymore sha

2 Likes

Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 21, 2020
They are not supporse to do that but mind you most the head of theses agencies are politicians , they do it and go free.
Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by skup008(m): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2020
Officialgarri:

Possibly his attitude made him look like a hustler like police.

Every state has their DSS branch (not all of them works in HQ in Abuja) but asides some special duties, their function usually covers monitoring of transfer of explosives for blasting and detonators.
Also to have information of all foreigners within that state.

So if you find an official on the road, it means they are out looking for something and will withdraw as soon as the task is done.

I heard you but you obviously the DSS guy I saw was present to make motorist scare giving the VIO and FRSC guys to stop more cars. Has the world not grown beyond stopping vehicles to check for paper?

Majority of the cars stopped were dirty commercial hustler cars.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by greatbuc(m): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2020
skup008:
It was on 20/11/2020 around 11:30am in the morning along Taiwo road Ilorin. At first it was road safety and VIO officers standing on the road, stopping some cars causing hold up. But to my biggest surprise, just by the opposite direction was a man wearing a DSS polo shirt and holding a unique gun ( the gun wider but not as long as AK-47). What surprises is the fact that DSS agent will be brought so low to work with VIO, FRSC and police just to stop vehicles and check paper. Or is it only me seeing something wrong about this?.
Is checking of vehicle particulars more important than creating security for the masses especially at this point in time where security is a serious issue.

So just as I kept pondering about what I saw in the morning. Couple of hours later around 1:40pm the same day along unity road, Ilorin, couple of meters away from the spot where all this uniform men were doing road blocks, at this time they have left. Two bikes were pursuing each other while the one at back keeps shouting ole ni o, ole ni o (he is a thief, he is a thief) I don't know if the guy was caught because I was driving in opposite direction.

I will be happy if this thread can get the attention someone who witnessed the incidence.

Who works low and who works high according to your analysis. Na you type be racist for America. You are not even well informed of public service roles and also don't know the real duty of the DSS. That could be a task force. They can join you to write waec if they need any information from comportment of invigilators. Few of them are dressed up as madmen, news paper sellers and other guise to achieve whatever they are directed to achieve. Again no work is "so low". All na government work.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by greatbuc(m): 7:31am On Nov 21, 2020
skup008:

how do you carry out your task in Nigeria without arguing. Our country is not normal! If the driver erred let him be brought to book. I don't know who we learnt how to argue with traffic enforcement officers from. It's a shame to drivers I swear.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by greatbuc(m): 7:36am On Nov 21, 2020
skup008:

I heard you but you obviously the DSS guy I saw was present to make motorist scare giving the VIO and FRSC guys to stop more cars. Has the world not grown beyond stopping vehicles to check for paper?

Majority of the cars stopped were dirty commercial hustler cars.
watch traffic cops on discovery Channel on dstv every evening . No countrys traffic police has left the highways and they still pursue offenders. What they do is used technology to ascertain to condition of the car and to profile the driver they are dealing with. Nigeria will consider chasing down offenders if motorists don't comply to check points
Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:40am On Nov 21, 2020
They are looking for EndSARs protesters in ilorin. ....this government is so clueless and funny....they are looking for dj switch while boko haram leader walks freely in Borno state

I wonder who will be caught and jail now...I pray that person returns alive and cause more deadly havoc than uwazuruike, asari dokubo, etc!
Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by ManTiger(m): 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
DSS again?

1 Like

Re: DSS Officers Now Checking Vehicle Particulars. Right Or Wrong? by Englov(m): 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
Every part of law enforcement agency in Nigeria wants to show their force on motorists.

What business does DSS have with that which you mentioned.

(1) (Reply)

Dad Punches His Five-year-old Son To Death / Is Yahooflation One Of The Problems In Our Present Economy? / Lagos Island Boils: Hot Gun And Machete Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.