Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him (46300 Views)

Francis Erhabor: Police Promotes Officer Who Rejected N864m Bribe (Photos) / Mainok: Nigerian Army Confirms Death Of Officer, Soldiers in Boko Haram Attack / Police Raid Ughelli Over Killing Of Officer During End-sars Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by adenigga(m): 5:41am On Nov 21, 2020
A 34-year-old trader, Mr Ndukwe Ekekwe, allegedly paralysed by officers of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) on Friday presented before a Lagos judicial panel of inquiry, a photograph of one of the officers allegedly responsible for his paralysis.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the trader presented the photograph of one Haruna Hamza while being cross-examined at the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry for Restitution for Victims of SARS Related Abuses and Other Matters.

Responding to questions from Mr Emmanuel Eze, counsel for the police, Ekekwe narrated how he obtained the photograph.

“I have his (Hamza’s) contact. When this (paralysis) happened to me, I prayed that God should help me. I went online and I saw his status on WhatsApp and I took a photograph of his photo.

“The contact from which I got his photograph is 07060712007. He gave it to me before I was taken to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH),” Ekekwe said.

NAN reports that Ekekwe had on Nov. 3 told the panel that he was paralysed when he was thrown from a two-storey building at the Alaba International Market by SARS.

The trader told the panel on Friday that Hamza was a member of the SARS team which arrested him at Alaba International Market and took him to SARS office in Ikeja.

He alleged that after his arrest, his teeth were broken when he was tortured by the team at SARS office.

He said that he had yet to be told the crime he committed.

Ekekwe said that he properly identified Hamza.

“This is the policeman, the devil that made me like this. Nothing will make me forget him,” he said.

The Chairman of the panel, retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, admitted the photograph in evidence.

“The photograph of a fair-skinned man wearing a cap is admitted into evidence as Exhibit F, ” she said.

The petitioner told the panel that he could identify the SARS office in Ikeja where he was allegedly detained.

“When they came to my shop, SARS was written at the back of their shirts. It was officers in uniform that took me there.

“I do not know how to describe their station but I can identify the place,” he said.

Ekekwe said that he was arrested in his shop by SARS on Feb. 16, 2018, and spent two days in police custody.

“I was arrested around 2p.m. and taken back to the shop the next day in the evening.

“When I was arrested, I was handcuffed on one hand, when the police took me back to my shop, I was handcuffed on both hands.

“I was shouting and alerting people when they broke into my shop and tried to sell off my goods. The commander told two of them to take me upstairs.

“When I was taken upstairs,

they pushed me from my shop building. This was around 8p.m. I couldn’t see the officer who pushed me,” he said.

Following the allegation, Eze requested for a 20-minute stand-down (break) in order to consult the other members of the police legal team.

Eze’s request was granted by the panel.

However, when the panel reconvened after the break, the police counsel requested for a short adjournment of the proceedings.

He said that the team was unable to get in touch with some officers of the disbanded SARS.

“We are in the process of getting there, the phone number that the petitioner provided did not go through.

“In the overall interest of justice, we apply for this adjournment,” Eze said.

Responding, Okuwobi expressed dissatisfaction at the slow pace at which the police were handling the case.

She said that Ezekwe’s petition was just one of over 100 petitions being handled by the panel.

“If this panel is taking baby steps, it will not be able to do its assignment within the six months.

“I am constrained to allow this adjournment in the interest of justice.

“This hearing is adjourned to Dec. 1,” she said.

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/Metro/Alleged-SARS-victim-presents-phot-of-officer-who-allegedly-paralysed-him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by LawLab247: 5:46am On Nov 21, 2020
Ok

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Saao(m): 5:47am On Nov 21, 2020
Oh God, crippled someone, how can the officers sleep at night?

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Fahdiga(m): 5:50am On Nov 21, 2020
Man unkind to his fellow human

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Macphenson: 5:58am On Nov 21, 2020
Evil SARS

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by OfficialAwol(m): 5:59am On Nov 21, 2020
Since 2018 till now he's on Wheelchair, my man still doesn't know what his crime was.

It may have been Ekekwe's neighbor in the market who was angry that Ekekwe was selling more than him that called SARS maybe because his brother or friend is SARS.

Yes. SARS were that petty.

Those days, if you broke up with your girlfriend who possibly has one SARS officer fucking her, she will call SARS for you. Like it's joke they will come and arrest you and manhandle you. If your God is not strong, they find one allegation and pin on you. That's how you will find yourself spending years behind bars.

#EndSWAT before they even take root.

218 Likes 14 Shares

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by OfficialAwol(m): 6:00am On Nov 21, 2020
Since 2018 till now he's on Wheelchair, my man still doesn't know what his crime was.

It may have been Ekekwe's neighbor in the market who was angry that Ekekwe was selling more than him that called SARS maybe because his brother or friend is SARS.

Yes. SARS were that petty.

Those days, if you broke up with your girlfriend who possibly has one SARS officer fucking her, she will call SARS for you. Like it's joke they will come and arrest you and manhandle you. If your God is not strong, they find one allegation and pin on you. That's how you will find yourself spending years behind bars.

#EndSWAT before they even take root and become like SARS.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Simplyleo: 6:12am On Nov 21, 2020
“The contact from which I got his photograph is 07060712007. He gave it to me before I was taken to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH),” Ekekwe said.
So why exactly did he give you his contact after the incidence? So you can report/trace him?

Not making any sense.

Anyone can get the contact of any SARS member(s).

3 Likes

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by sirjoggy(m): 6:12am On Nov 21, 2020
Animal in human skin
Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by PCG001: 6:13am On Nov 21, 2020
Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:20am On Nov 21, 2020
it will never be well with any SARs officers involve in any illegal brutality, torture and killings in this country. ..

as for those discrediting the EndSARs protest, I pray the same treatment melted at this victims testifying at the various panel of inquiry meet you and your family members soonext, AMEN!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Simplyleo: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2020
“I was shouting and alerting people when they broke into my shop and tried to sell off my goods. The commander told two of them to take me upstairs.

Around 8 PM, they tried to sell off your goods to who? Who are these buyers trying to buy your goods from SARS members? Again, what time does Alaba International close? I understand is 6 PM. undecided
Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by crossfm: 6:34am On Nov 21, 2020
Just negodu,and some people see nothing wrong with the police.

3 Likes

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Unrated900(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

Around 8 PM, they tried to sell off your goods to who? Who are these buyers trying to buy your goods from SARS members? Again, what time does Alaba International close? I understand is 6 PM. undecided

Some closes by 8 it depends on your level in the market.

20 Likes

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by yanabasee(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2020
SWAT will likely do worse that people will begin to beg for SARS to return.

To me, police should be scrap out. They sell infos to criminals and they work to remit money to their boss in other to remain relevant in the force.

I'd prefer we have the military run things than the police....With the military, there'll be sanity and saneness across the country...

But with the police, everyone is a potential criminal before their eyes.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by slawormiir: 7:48am On Nov 21, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
There should be quick dispensation of justice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Auxtin85(m): 7:49am On Nov 21, 2020
600 years for that officer

1 Like

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by blinking001(m): 7:49am On Nov 21, 2020
Let that officer be made to face the full wrath of the law. He should be made a scapegoat for others to learn
Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Stevengold(m): 7:49am On Nov 21, 2020
embarassed
Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by AFvckingAlpha(m): 7:49am On Nov 21, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Them pussy ass SARS were dirty as fvck.

Thank goodness we ended that shit.

One thing I have learnt in this hustle, never ever trust a cop. They fvck you over and over again.

3 Likes

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by melaniaup: 7:49am On Nov 21, 2020
So reading this , ladies and gentlemen we have to do something about this

Search for saynotobadgovernment on telegram to join

1 Like

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:50am On Nov 21, 2020
so sad!!! That man is the breadwinner of his family!!! I can't imagine what the family is going through undecided

The Nigerian police has done more harm than good!!!

Wey the pictures of the police man, we won see am

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Kwamecron(m): 7:50am On Nov 21, 2020
Jay!!!
Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by melaniaup: 7:50am On Nov 21, 2020
Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by MansoryMX(m): 7:50am On Nov 21, 2020
Jeeeez! Heaven knows if it’s me, I for don send assassins to wipe out his entire family. No time!

12 Likes

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Stevengold(m): 7:50am On Nov 21, 2020
Kingscee:
So sad

cheesy this placard sha
Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by AFULA(m): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2020
Okay
Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by BigSarah(f): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2020
I’m tired of reading anything about endsars, if the youth wanna turn renegades on the current state of the country and politicians go ahead it’s fair.. during thier own time they fought wars and plotted coups nothing is new

5 Likes

Re: SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him by Timoleon(m): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2020
Where is the guy’s picture? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Buhari Must Go Protesters' Flogged In Kogi For Defacing Public Assets (Video) / Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Buhari’s Corruption Watch Begins To Yield Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.