Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court (24501 Views)

Nicholas Mutu: Abandoned NDDC Projects Of Lawmaker Mentioned By Akpabio / Akpabio Denies Collecting ₦500 Million NDDC Projects / Dino Melaye's Power Bike As He Goes On Biking (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Edo2020: 10:14am On Nov 21, 2020
Barely a week after being inaugurated for a second term and two months after winning re-election, the Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has rolled out tough decisions in the state on governance.

Igbere TV reports that on Friday, the governor ordered contractors of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to immediately stop executing projects or undertaking contracts in the state.

Obaseki said the state government is approaching the court to seek an order stopping the federal agency from embarking on any project in the state without the consent of the state’s Executive Council.

Speaking when management team of Seplat Petroleum Company Limited paid him a courtesy visit at Government House, in Benin City, Obaseki said the NDDC has continued to fail the people of the region in the discharge of its responsibilities.

The governor noted: “We embarked on a very ambitious project by signing an agreement with the NDCC and Edo State Oil and Gas Producing Areas Development Commission (EDOPADEC), to jointly construct the Benin-Abraka Road. Unfortunately, NDDC, as usual, failed and we are going to Court. We will not allow them to operate in the State except subject to our approving every project.

“They are only to execute projects cleared by the State Executive Council. They can't come into the state and dictate to us what they want to do here. It’s our money and we will determine what we want, not them telling us what they want to do.”

“All NDDC contractors in Edo State are stopped forthwith from undertaking any contract or any work in the state. We want to go back and focus on our priorities. We want to build that Benin/Abraka Road. We are re-awarding that road,” Obaseki added.

Igbere TV recalls that Obaseki had made similar move against the NDDC when he allegedly, through his ally, a lawyer, approached the court stopping the inauguration of the then NDDC team constituted by President Muhammadu Buhari.

An Edo man, Dr. Pius Odubu and opponent in the then All Progressives Congress (APC) party of the governor was named chairman of the Commission, but the court processes stalled the inauguration.

This forced the President the reconstitute the NDDC team, allowing an interim committee to oversee the activities of the commission. Odubu was deputy governor and ally to former APC national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, whom Obaseki was at loggerheads with for months before decamping to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to win re-election.

https://igberetvnews.com/1372447/2nd-term-obaseki-goes-tough-stops-nddc-projects-edo/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by slawormiir: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Perused through the article with my weed while putting on my intellectual cap and reading between lines and I must say obaseki is a real niggarr with balls
Unlike ambode the pussy ass niggarr with no balls

GIANTPLUSHUB:
I think he's doing the right thing. He knows what is better for his state. Weldone sir.
Be a real niggarrr and read the article...
Real niggarrrrs don't presume

He is actually doing the right thing

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by GIANTPLUSHUB: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2020
I think he's doing the right thing. He knows what is better for his state. Weldone sir.

Got anything to buy from any India/USA/china sites? Check my signature below.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2020
Obaseki, off your mic...... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by uzohrome(m): 10:19am On Nov 21, 2020
Men at work
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by rawtouch: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2020
wetin happen
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2020
6th to comment for Obaseki thread, e nor easy oo!!

Bros Slowormir, na wish kyn network you de use like so??

Anyways, as year Don de end, I pray no bad will happen to me, my family and my fellow Nairalanders!!!!

15 Likes

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 21, 2020
Hmm
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 21, 2020
The NDDC has always been a conduit used for LOOTING of public resources

20 Likes

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by boldking(m): 10:21am On Nov 21, 2020
the nigeria is for them not us, they do what ever they wish
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2020
The people's governor simply wants NDDC to prioritize Benin-Abraka road reconstruction and not NDDC carrying out projects that are not people-oriented in the state.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2020
Noted
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Minjim: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2020
Other SS should follow suit.
NDDC should have been scraped by now. Funds should be given to an agency of the state to perform their function.
If those ones failed - it's on the states

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by FactBoyz: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2020
angry
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2020
These people should let this man be already now undecided
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by crazygod(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2020
From that pic, he looks like the odd one out. He no even resemble governor tongue
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by techmo(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2020
undecided

This guy fighting everybody.. from his benefactor to his lawmakers, and now NDDC and FG

Buhari made a stupid mistake supporting this fool

Imagine if Seyi Makinde goes to court to stop Lagos Ibadan standard guage line, or Obiano heading to court to stop 2nd Niger bridge, won't aboki move more projects to North

Am sure Akpabio, and Niger Delta Development Commission, would simply smile and continue chopping Edo State share of NDDC allocation while telling everyone , Obaseki's court order stopped him from doing anything

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by emmadejust(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2020
The Governor have better plans for standard of works from Nddc
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by AFULA(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2020
Okay
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Enudapan: 10:23am On Nov 21, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by kennyflames(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2020
Okl
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by PremzY002(m): 10:24am On Nov 21, 2020
wahala...!
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Xzellentgraphic: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2020
Obaseki on the beat
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by BigBrother9ja: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2020
grin

I wish him luck

Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Bolustical: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2020
Kkkk
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Bolustical: 10:25am On Nov 21, 2020
Yes
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by espn(m): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2020
Oo
Re: Obaseki Stops All NDDC Projects In Edo As He Goes To Court by Sundaypaul12345: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2020
what can I say??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Patrick Osakwe Dies At 73 / Sodiq Ango-Abdullahi Wins PDP Election While Still Being Held By Kidnappers / Tinubu Lands In Anambra Intl Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.