Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

What This American Pastor Did After Convincing 900+ People To DRINK POISON & DIE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What This American Pastor Did After Convincing 900+ People To DRINK POISON & DIE (649 Views)

See What My Pastor Did That Made Me Quit My Church Today. / My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily / Popular American Pastor, TD Jakes And Wife Kisses During Church Service (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What This American Pastor Did After Convincing 900+ People To DRINK POISON & DIE by ashybabs(m): 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2020
Meet Jim Jones The American 'Preacher' Who Convinced 900+ congregation To commit mass suicide by taking poison.

In the year 1978, hundreds of people fell victim to an American religious leader, called Jim Jones, with their lives. A charismatic Christian leader happened to start a religious cult like movement and grew into a settlement in Jonestown, Guyana on South America's northern coast.

But why did all this happen?

Unbeknownst to Jones, and the 'Peoples Temple', his religious organization had started getting the attention of The FBI, as the US investigating agency as a result of several allegations of human rights abuse.

A US lawmaker called Leo Ryan had traveled to Jones town to find out what was going on. But sadly, He did not make it back alive as the religious cult were hell bent on keeping their activities a secret.

Fearing Reprisals from the US Government, Jim Jones asked his Followers suming up to 900 people, many of whom were children to consume the poison.

According to Rolling Stone magazine, the mass suicide in Jonestown "represented the largest number of American civilian casualties in a single non-natural event" before September 11, 2001.

Re: What This American Pastor Did After Convincing 900+ People To DRINK POISON & DIE by kingxsamz(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2020
Highest level of brainwashing.

1 Like

Re: What This American Pastor Did After Convincing 900+ People To DRINK POISON & DIE by illicit(m): 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2020
E sure for him ni....

(1) (Reply)

Mbaka Is Not Suspended,holds First Mass. Other Priests Join,crowd Increase(video / CAC Centralized Bible Study Manual To Be Unveiled At General Council Meeting / Who Do You Think Is Going To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.