Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,419 members, 7,800,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? (96071 Views)

Lion Spotted Taking A Walk On The Streets In Roma, Italy Last Night (pics/video) / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Aconomist: 3:41am On Nov 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Doesn't change the fact Durban,Cape Town,Pretoria,Port Elizabeth,Johanneburg is just as developed as Jakarta.

This is the Central Business District of Johannesburg. There is no comparison, delusional monkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hScZm7J0cVI&feature=emb_title

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 23, 2020
Aconomist:

This is the Central Business District of Johannesburg. There is no comparison, delusional monkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hScZm7J0cVI&feature=emb_title
Cape Town and Durban CBD is even better than Jakarta.

IronGalaxy
TMKsouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLFnlmcFEUg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsJOaLQ070

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Aconomist: 3:44am On Nov 23, 2020
Jakarta Central Business District

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u72Hu29Le5g&feature=emb_title

Johannesburg Central Business District

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hScZm7J0cVI

Only a fool will say this is the same level of development. Jakarta is 40 years in the future.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 23, 2020
IronGalaxy/TMKsouth you live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world-South Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Standing5(m): 4:12am On Nov 23, 2020
I know a man of vision called Oyedepo.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 6:13am On Nov 23, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Again, this word "ordinary" ..so laughable for people in your position to be using this word. Imagine calling a superpower like China "ordinary" smh

What I meant in that context was, 30years ago, China was one of the poverty-stricken nation in the world and has managed to change that narrative in just 10years

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by chozzy: 6:28am On Nov 23, 2020
Sad
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by NdigboWorldwide: 6:34am On Nov 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
We don't have these kind of streets in nigeria because we are not ready to pay the kind of taxes that would fund and maintain those kind of streets.

In the UK, if you are living in the city, you pay council tax which ranges from 60000 to 100000 naira monthly depending on the city. That money goes into making the cities look nice

That's why uk cities have great streets.

If we charged that kind of tax in Nigeria, Nigerians would scream.

So we pay scanty taxes and get scanty and bad roads

The bad roads we have in Nigeria are what we can afford. The sad thing is that looting still happens on top
I disagree with you on the above. The main reason is corruption, I can tell you it cost more to build a kilometre of road in Nigeria than in the U.K., they just inflates all the actuall cost and end up building wack roads.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by NdigboWorldwide: 6:40am On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:
Looks like the black people's brain is so fūçked up that we can't think of anything else than corruption

We can't even boast of any Successful black nation

Please don't generalize this, S.A. is well planned, Angola, Kenya major cities, only in your Country Nigeria you have all this bad designs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 6:40am On Nov 23, 2020
Aconomist:
Look at "banana Island" the most expensive real estate in Africa. It looks like a zoo! Everything shoddy, substandard and haphazard! A multi-million dollar state looks inferior to a common neighborhood in the United States! Black people are worthless. Someone please drop a nuke on Africa so the world can heal from this plague called negros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FliHRUN9wU

I was so surprised the first time I visited banana island, I was like: "IS THIS WHAT IS BEING HYPED BY NIGERIANS??"

There are open gutters in some areas, No greenery, No drainage system, Every houses still supply their own water!!

And to imagine some people spend a whopping 1billion on this shît is beyond me!!

The Black race is finished

11 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by NdigboWorldwide: 6:45am On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

I was so surprised the first time I visited banana island, I was like: "IS THIS WHAT IS BEING HYPED BY NIGERIANS??"

There are open gutters in some areas, No greenery, No drainage system, Every houses still supply their own water!!

And to imagine some people spend a whopping 1billion on this shît is beyond me!!

The Black race is finished

Banana Island is very well overrated, those who have not travelled out of the country will think banana island is beautiful. But Eko Atlantic from what i can see so far is being well planned.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ifeoluwav(f): 7:17am On Nov 23, 2020
Gerrard59:

If you say so, what about Asian countries - China, Japan, Singapore, Korea, Thailand etc? What did those countries steal from Africa? Abi Korea colonised some African countries?

They are all benefiting from the colonisation together. Don't you see they don't look like us.
They know our story better than we do and they don't what us to know what they know.
Though Asia has native black people, we are not taught about their existence so that we keep thinking one can only find native black people in Africa.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by somehow: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2020
oguns222:

Your fellow hailers always say that when they can't escape glaring facts that Buhari is just like any other corrupt thief.

Shallow minded people like you only discuss issues from the lens of political affiliation.

Nigeria to you people is about political parties that are same of the same.

Shame

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2020
Aconomist:
In fact, South Africa is regressing back to the rest of Africa, now that the monkeys are in charge. They looted and destroyed ESKOM, now have rolling blackouts and power outages. The black man is not meant to have electricity. He must live in darkness. Black skin, black brain, black life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwGExu0YlCU

I even heard that white people are now fleeing south africa, Since a black man took over, Everything has become worse!!

South african cities are one of the unsafe places in the world, things are now deteriorating!!

And it wasn't like that when white people are at the helm of Government, things are still a lot better then!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by omotomki: 8:01am On Nov 23, 2020
I think lots of factors are involved aside money.the terrain is different, weather ,lifestyle and culture have a role .the drainage and piping system in europe is underground, you can't see any gutter .In Nigeria, there is no planing , people build houses anyhow and as they like without regards to the town planing, some even cut out of the road to join their land. No standard and no enforcement of town planing laws,the weather in naija is another issue, rain so much ,no good drainage and then the road is spoilt due to flood .much pressure on the road since we don't have intercity rail .Most of the rail project in Eunopened are funded by EU to facilitate movement of goods.corruption is another factor ,bad leaders who don't have ideas of what to do with tax payers money ,corrupt contractors who execute bad jobs and not to forget some few bad Nigerians who don't wish anything good for the country and also comparing Europe with Nigeria, forgetting that the people abroad have a different mentality about money .there is nothing free abroad, no free water ,u have got to pay for everything, you pay heavy tax, you get the facilities. Not to forget,some developed country want Africa to continue to be underdeveloped and foolish youth to continue seeing their country as shit holes,leaving their countries to develop other people's country

quote author=PhiliptheArab post=96293455]We don't have these kind of streets in nigeria because we are not ready to pay the kind of taxes that would fund and maintain those kind of streets.

In the UK, if you are living in the city, you pay council tax which ranges from 60000 to 100000 naira monthly depending on the city. That money goes into making the cities look nice

That's why uk cities have great streets.

If we charged that kind of tax in Nigeria, Nigerians would scream.

So we pay scanty taxes and get scanty and bad roads

The bad roads we have in Nigeria are what we can afford. The sad thing is that looting still happens on top[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 8:07am On Nov 23, 2020
NdigboWorldwide:

Banana Island is very well overrated, those who have not travelled out of the country will think banana island is beautiful. But Eko Atlantic from what i can see so far is being well planned.

Yes Eko Atlantic, I have been there once, And I was amazed at how beautifully made it was, That's the only place I will give a 5stars rating in Nigeria!!

But then again I found out it is owned by a man from Lebanon, No wonder it's so different

If it was made by a black person, It will just be like another Banana Island

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by omotomki: 8:22am On Nov 23, 2020
This is sign of inferiority ,when you have a bad impression about your self ,your country and your race, nothing can be beautiful to you .Learn to appreciate what you have, do you expect people to value you when you say black people are worthless. I don't stay in naija but I have seen white folks who love Africa and love to go on vacation in Africa. I am proud to be African and in no way worthless .in Nigeria, you can afford to build a luxurious house , do you know how much it cost to own a house abroad and how many years of mortgage.

Aconomist:
Look at "banana Island" the most expensive

??...

real estate in Africa. It looks like a zoo! Everything shoddy, substandard and haphazard! A multi-million dollar state looks inferior to a common neighborhood in the United States! Black people are worthless. Someone please drop a nuke on Africa so the world can heal from this plague called negros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FliHRUN9wU
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 8:27am On Nov 23, 2020
omotomki:
This is sign of inferiority ,when you have a bad impression about your self ,your country and your race, nothing can be beautiful to you .Learn to appreciate what you have, do you expect people to value you when you say black people are worthless. I don't stay in naija but I have seen white folks who love Africa and love to go on vacation in Africa. I am proud to be African and in no way worthless .in Nigeria, you can afford to build a luxurious house , do you know how much it cost to own a house abroad and how many years of mortgage.

Most white folks who like to visit Africa are only here for SAFARI, to see animals!!

Face the truth bro!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by oguns222: 8:28am On Nov 23, 2020
somehow:

Shallow minded people like you only discuss issues with the lens of political affiliation.

Nigeria to you people is about political parties that are same of the same.

Shame

You mean your aimless hailing is not for political reason?

So, what reason makes you imbibe in aimless, disgraceful hailing?

Is it religion?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 8:43am On Nov 23, 2020
Ifeoluwav:

They are all benefiting from the colonisation together. Don't you see they don't look like us.
They know our story better than we do and they don't what us to know what they know.
Though Asia has native black people, we are not taught about their existence so that we keep thinking one can only find native black people in Africa.

So what you're implying is that Africans are poor because of their skin colour? How does that sound to you?

Regarding Asians having black people, it depends on the part of Asia. India? Yes. Korea? No.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by kingsavage: 8:43am On Nov 23, 2020
Aconomist:
If you remove Namibia and Botswana the rest of those countries are WHITE not BLACK.
there are white settlers in those countries.. especially namibia
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by kingsavage: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

Most white folks who like to visit Africa are only here for SAFARI, to see animals!!

Face the truth bro!!
they only come here for safari, and to fvck African women( sex tourism)

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by kingsavage: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

Yes Eko Atlantic, I have been there once, And I was amazed at how beautifully made it was, That's the only place I will give a 5stars rating in Nigeria!!

But then again I found out it is owned by a man from Lebanon, No wonder it's so different

If it was made by a black person, It will just be like another Banana Island
that is a masterplanned city man.. it can never be mediocre.. there are other masterplanned cities being built in SW too.. not only eko atlantic..
Orage island
Diamond island
Gracefield island
Periwinkle island
Alaro satelite city
Illubirin housing development
Imperial international business district
Mitros city(ogun state)...

So stop saying black man this and that
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by kingsavage: 9:14am On Nov 23, 2020
IronGalaxy:
There is racism is in the world. The UK, the US, Brasil, Holland etc.what is your point.? .
not in a land owned by zulus... How can there be racism in a comtry in Africa, when the whites there are not aborigines..
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by kingsavage: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2020
IronGalaxy:
This reasoning is really really tired now. Building a common road doesn't exactly require European intervention. South Africa has good a road network even in the ghettos the are proper roads/streets, stop glorifying whites and hiding behind the thumb. If tax money in your country is channeled in the right direction, roads will be built. Nothing to do with white people.
zulu man stop deceiving yourself...

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by kingsavage: 9:17am On Nov 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I just showed you they are not. There are many other smaller cities.
the rest cities are shitholes
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:24am On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Because just like fingers are different. Countries are also different they maybe rich and develop now,. Nigeria will also rise and develop. they may also fall

SHUT UP!
BAD BELLE

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ifeoluwav(f): 10:07am On Nov 23, 2020
Gerrard59:

So what you're implying is that Africans are poor because of their skin colour? How does that sound to you?

Regarding Asians having black people, it depends on the part of Asia. India? Yes. Korea? No.

Africans are not poor because of their skin colour, having black skin is a good thing.
Africans/black people are poor because they are being manipulated, lied to, deceived etc. and because of the vast resources in Africa accounting for about 80% of the world's resources.
There is a programming on black/African people this have caused us to mock ourselves and want to leave Africa not knowing Africa was colonised in the first place because of its riches and because it could sustain itself.
About Korea, they used to have black people but let's not go into history.
The thing is black people are the only ones not allowed to achieve their potential, this is why all black countries seem to be underdeveloped which isn't normal.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by omotomki: 10:13am On Nov 23, 2020
Bros,no be only safari,some come to Africa to collect Sun.when you stay in a very cold region,you will appreciate the sun in Africa. Some come to cool tension,take away stress ,see new things , understand way of life and culture .you seem nice though lol

Raydos:

Face the truth bro!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 10:14am On Nov 23, 2020
Ifeoluwav:

Africans are not poor because of their skin colour, having black skin is a good thing.
Africans/black people are poor because they are being manipulated, lied to, deceived etc. and because of the vast resources in Africa accounting for about 80% of the world's resources.
There is a programming on black/African people this have caused us to mock ourselves and want to leave Africa not knowing Africa was colonised in the first place because of its riches and because it could sustain itself.
About Korea, they used to have black people but let's not go into history.
The thing is black people are the only ones not allowed to achieve their potential, this is why all black countries seem to be underdeveloped which isn't normal.

OK. Could you recommend some books one can read to understand the histories better? Esp regarding blacks being in Korea, I'm interested.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 10:29am On Nov 23, 2020
omotomki:
Bros,no be only safari,some come to Africa to collect Sun.when you stay in a very cold region,you will appreciate the sun in Africa. Some come to cool tension,take away stress ,see new things , understand way of life and culture .you seem nice though lol

This is so laughable, Imagine A white coming to Africa because of sun? LOL we're so backward that sun is the only intriguing stuff about us!!

You can hardly see a white person move to Africa to start a new life or for greener pasture, Because Africa has nothing to offer, It's just a Empty continent

But you see Black Africans moving to Europe on a daily basis for better life, That says a lot about us!!

8 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 10:37am On Nov 23, 2020
Ifeoluwav:

Africa black people are poor because they are being manipulated, lied to, deceived etc.

What are you saying?? Do you even understand yourself??

So basically you're saying Africa are so daft to the extent that they allowed themselves to be manipulated, Lied to, and deceived?

You're basically saying we're not as bright and intelligent as the other Races, So they should have pity us right??

Damnnnnnn!!! You're saying trash!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.