Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? (96241 Views)

Lion Spotted Taking A Walk On The Streets In Roma, Italy Last Night (pics/video) / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by mjconcept(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ifeoluwav:
Wow see how Africans are praising the most brutal, destructive, cunning race of people on earth. The people that turned the world upside down.
Africans even bash each other for this.

Truly "white supremacy has taught Africans to defend white supremacy"

It is evident in most comments here that there is a huge fault deeply encoded in our education system. Before I learnt how internet can be used to source for information, I believed (from what I was taught in school) that an African was too primitive to be considered a human being, and it was the Europeans that liberated Africans from self destruct, but as I grew older and became internet savvy, I researched and found intriguing facts about ancient African civilization, and since then my perception of Africa changed.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by lymelyte(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
ednut1:
We blacks are not capable of ruling ourselves. We should be under perpetual colonization. Shame
well said.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by darfay: 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

You're just giving rubbish excuses, Are indians pale skin?? Say the Fúçkiñg truth and stop beating around the bush!!

Africa/Black man is bereft of ideas to Develop his own nation, all he's concerned about is Looting, Buying expensive cars and Phones and private jets!!

Stop giving unreasonable excuses, Are the white people the politicians in Nigeria looting the money meant for infrastructure??

Are the white people the reason we can't provide common stable electricity?

Are the white people the reason for police brutality?

Are the white people the reason for Dilapidated Roads??

Just face the truth and stop beating around the bush, The black man is his own problem!!! Simple!!!

I like the fact that you have noticed how useless our African countries are especially the irredeemably worthless and delusional one called Nigeria. Poverty capital priding itself as African giant but the problem is the way African countries were formed, it was never formed to succeed. How you put so many different and totally unrelated ethnic nationality as a single country. Almost all developed countries are homogeneous, the Americas, Europe where they mostly have nation states even small Iceland and Estonia are independent nation states and are very developed because they are homogeneous. Even among the more very minimally heterogeneous Belgium (4/3 ethnicities) and Canada (french/Anglophone) there are small talks about separation.
But when they came to Africa, they joined countries with over a 100 ethnicities and also very vastly different idealogical stand point as a single nation. That's why majority of subsaharan Africa and even India would never ever ever be on par with the West and far east Asia.
The only developing African countries are Botswana which extremely homogeneous, so much so it is named after the tswana tribe who comprise over 95% of the population, South Africa with about 10 languages with some/many relating to each other and ethnicity is blurred since an average South African speaks 3/4 languages. North Africa which is overwhelming Arab and arabized Berber with a single religion.

Nigeria can never succeed as multi ethnic states, multi ethnic states with diverse religious and ideological view do not succeed

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ask buhari
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ifeoluwav(f): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
mjconcept:

It is evident in most comments here that there is a huge fault deeply encoded in our education system. Before I learnt how internet can be used to source for information, I believed (from what I was taught in school) that Africa was too primitive to be considered a human being, and it was the Europeans that liberated Africans from self destruct, but as I grew older and became internet savvy, I researched and found intriguing facts about ancient African civilization, and since my perception about Africa changed.

Good you found out, let's hope they find out soon. Imagine if we all find out the facts it will speed up things for the better before things get worse than it is already.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by BRATISLAVA: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:
Even ordinary Windhoek in Namibia, Has a beautiful streets with well paved roads and sidewalks, and to imagine Nigeria is 10 times richer than Namibia oo

We're finished in this country
It's a semi desert. The North equally has good roads because annual rain is negligible, thus reducing maintenance. Compare that with the tropical storms in Nigeria and see how the roads can't be the same. Plus you are calling them "ordinary" because of the Nigerian hype and ego. There's nothing ordinary about honest people working honestly to have a beautiful country. They don't spit or urinate or throw things on the roads. Do Nigerians do the same? No. Plus enough white people live in these nice looking places. Even the nice looking parts of Nigeria are probably so because of the presence of white people.

The other cities are relics of the Roman times. Some are the same cobblestones and aqueducts from Roman rule. Where are your African Roman ancestral roads, streets and buildings? So you can see this isn't a modern problem. It goes back. Black people have never been desirous of good things. Those countries would look horrible if run by blacks and certain Asians. White people rule the world properly. Blacks never will.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by mjconcept(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ugosample:

Story story

I repeat
Black folks are mentally incapable of building and sustaining a functioning society

The few kingdoms you listed
Most were just mediocre at best
But the very few that were stellar (like the Benin empire) were the outliers
The inability to not maintain a running society however is not a genetic problem

I asked you, "who built those ancient kingdoms"?
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
Because it is Nigeria and it's a jungle out here

Clearly there aint gonna be any development in the jungle.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Twizzy30(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
willybaby:
Op make inferiority complex no kill you o.. infact this post is very stupid and useless.. must we live our lives totally according to the dictates of the white man Ni... Construction is determined by factors such as design, wants, climate, etc
Eg streets designed for right hand drive we just also design and build in nigeria abi
you sound like you’re mentally retarded.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Onepeople: 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Due to PDP stolen almost everything and doing nothing to develop the country
this line of argument is wack.enough of this nonsense APC and PDP are one the same, people stop confusing yourself.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ferrous(m): 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:

Nigeria started with PDP, right? Very difficult for you to admit that Nigeria has failed entirely as a country
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by themanderon: 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:

What about the stealing going on today? or do you have selective amnesia? And by the way Nigeria did not start during the PDP era and the people elected the APC to do better than the PDP and not to use the failure of the PDP as a yardstick for their own failure.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Topmaike007(m): 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

Bro I am contemplating on joining politics, wanna try my best to get my state to look at least close to this!!
even me too...

If all Ebonyi state can't be like this my senatorial District is going to be bomb
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by olaboy1: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
Princedapace:

The first thing is to completely change the current system becus it makes the component federations weak and lazy.. The current system makes the central govt extremely rich and extremely far from the real people who matters..

A UK six nation based system or the American true federalism will work better...

This way, u can hand over real governance powers to the federating states and they can have control over how they manage their own running cost, electricity, tax, security, etc. This way, the regions/states become more viable, compete better and source for better ways to generate income.. A business friendly society will attract men and women who already have the money to come in and invest, these people pay tax, pay local workers better, these local workers who are better paid will now have better purchase power, they will increase their purchase which will generate more fund for the govt!
This way, the various regions/states can do away with quota system and embrace merit driven society, this will surely help produce more vibrant minds to run the affairs of their regions/states.
As it stands, states/ regions dont have control over the real factors that determine the success of a society. This is bloody for a large country like Nigeria.

If we are not ready to do this, we cant make progress. We have been on this our system for decades. It cant work, it will never work. I just pray we will not get sense when it is already too late.

The current system is too central for progress..

I would say this here is the first step before revamping our energy sector. What I saw in Abuja and the way the northerners are dolling out cash, cars and foreign holidays to “runs girls” made me quickly realize Nigeria needs regional system of governance. It’s a long drive to Abuja to do any demonstrations against the corrupt elites, but much easier to drive to a regional headquarter to look into what the government is doing.
A poor country like Nigeria will soon sink in debt without closing the lids of all the embezzlement happening in Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/6271755/ladies-whats-most-expensive-gift/4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by darfay: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
kingsavage:
remove Namibia,and Botswana.. they are one city state

The have a population lower than Alimosho local government, wtf do you expect

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
mrMeen:
bros this is something that I want to do too, may I recommend you start off as a state governor so you that you can develop it to your image afterwards the road to presidency will be easy.

Yes bro, but my problem is, I don't even know how to go about it!!
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
jajeri3216:

She does, u don't

Story
It's the lack of understanding that many of you have
That is making you comment like this

So I am not surprised at the comments
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
olaboy1:

I would say this here is the first step before revamping our energy sector. What I saw in Abuja and the way the northerners are dolling out cash, cars and foreign holidays to “runs girls” made me quickly realize Nigeria needs regional system of governance. It’s a long drive to Abuja to do any demonstrations against the corrupt elites, but much easier to drive to a regional headquarter to look into what the government is doing.
A poor country like Nigeria will soon sink in debt without closing the lids of all the embezzlement happening in Abuja.

Yea
That's what the big men know how to do best
Squander money
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
mjconcept:

I asked you, "who built those ancient kingdoms"?

That's a rhetorical question
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by AngelDove10(m): 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
It good as we dont have it so that winch nor use the coconut kill innocent passerbys
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ugosample:

Story
It's the lack of understanding that many of you have
That is making you comment like this

So I am not surprised at the comments

I do, you'll give me all the arguments like
innovation, rule of law, resources in countries like Australia, us .

I've seen all the arguments but trust me the global economy is rigged.

Deliberately arranged to favour them, i hope you know who "them" means.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by ovcwality(m): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:
Ordinary metro line we no get, They have been constructing Lagos metro line for the past 30years now with nothing to show for it!!

Black man, Black Brain!!
You are fool and not different from the politicians, what is black man, black Brain? Instead of insulting the politicians and the country, what about some black nations that are living great and others that want to be better?
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by brownbib(m): 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
Please redirect the question to Mr President!
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Satan66(m): 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
We don't have these kind of streets in nigeria because we are not ready to pay the kind of taxes that would fund and maintain those kind of streets.

In the UK, if you are living in the city, you pay council tax which ranges from 60000 to 100000 naira monthly depending on the city. That money goes into making the cities look nice

That's why uk cities have great streets.

If we charged that kind of tax in Nigeria, Nigerians would scream.

So we pay scanty taxes and get scanty and bad roads

The bad roads we have in Nigeria are what we can afford. The sad thing is that looting still happens on top

Beautiful statement but it's impossible to properly tax nigerians when the minimum wage is 30k.

The nation is in scrambles
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
ovcwality:

You are fool and not different from the politicians, what is black man, black Brain? Instead of insulting the politicians and the country,

So the people ruling Nigeria are white people right?? All the senators, Reps, Governors and President are white people right??

As a matter of fact, we can't even boast of any Successful black nation, Even Black nations in North America like Jamaica, Haiti e.t.c are also trash!!

Keep running away from the truth!!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Princedapace(m): 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
olaboy1:

That is it: People cant travel far and wide to Abuja to protest about electricity! As u said, regional based system is far better..

That way, people can hold their leaders accountable better!

If nigeria fails to do this, Nigeria will become a crises. It is already happening!
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
jajeri3216:

I do, you'll give me all the arguments like
innovation, rule of law, resources in countries like Australia, us .

I've seen all the arguments but trust me the global economy is rigged.

Deliberately arranged to favour them, i hope you know who "them" means.

Of course I do
They rigged the game
For themselves

You know the reason why?
BECAUSE THEY COULD!
Black men have their own leverage in the global scheme of things
That could at least skew the thing to our favour a lil bit more (Russia and the Middle east and even North Korea to an extent use their own leverage)
But what is the black man instead preoccupied with

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by ipica: 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Because just like fingers are different. Countries are also different they maybe rich and develop now,. Nigeria will also rise and develop. they may also fall
Fingers are not equal, must Nigeria be d shortest one
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by pwettyJasmine(f): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
This can never happen as long as these theifing politician continue to construct 5km road for 10billion naira.
Overpriced contracts enriching these political class is the peril of the Nigerian state.
Awon apa!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by ovcwality(m): 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

So the people ruling Nigeria are white people right?? All the senators, Reps, Governors and President are white people right??

As a matter of fact, we can't even boast of any Successful black nation, Even Black nations in North America like Jamaica, Haiti e.t.c are also trash!!

Keep running away from the truth!!
No they are not trash, what about other countries that are in asia, south America why are you not insulting their race? You are thinking like an idiot. Even the Jamaica you mention is better than half of the countries in the world. In Caribbean, Jamaica, Cuba, Barbados, Bahamas, Barbuda, Trinidad etc, Africa Botswana, Namibia, Seychelles, cape Verde, south Africa, gabon, equatorial guinea etc, check the hdi of those countries before independence compare to now, you are talking about visionary but you are giving them chance even when they keep improving, I hope to see real change in some African countries in 25+years maybe lipsrsealed, even if some will still be backward

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by ovcwality(m): 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ugosample:

Of course I do
They rigged the game
For themselves

You know the reason why?
BECAUSE THEY COULD!
That could at least skew the thing to our favour a lil bit more (Russia and the Middle east and even North Korea to an extent use their own leverage)

lipsrsealed
True, African leaders should also be thinking of what they can use to develop their selves and working together, but the division is too much
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ugosample:

Of course I do
They rigged the game
For themselves

You know the reason why?
BECAUSE THEY COULD!

lipsrsealed

True dat bro , pre occupied with nonesense cheesy

Civilization to them means buying iPhones, benz, bleaching, speaking in fake Western accents, nudity and what not.

Civilization actually means building.

The man with the biggest tools is the real human cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply)

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos) / American Wife Shows The Living Condition With Her Nigerian Husband To Her Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.