Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

What Marriage Is My Perspective! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Marriage Is My Perspective! (467 Views)

Finding Love: My Perspective On The Quest For A Life Partner / Before You Say I Do: Bernice Umoh Reveals What Marriage Will Do To You / "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Marriage Is My Perspective! by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
I think marriage is important for several reasons. I think at the very core of it is learning to love, learning to co-exist, and learning to communicate. You may say that you can do all that without marriage, and you may be right, but marriage can be a very rewarding and good way to do it. Marriage is a sacred contract to love and support each other forever. That means you cannot leave just because you feel like it, you cannot abandon your partner in a moment of need, and you must learn to communicate. Yes, people botch their marriages and they break their vows. That is not the fault of marriage. That is the fault of the weakness of people. People will say "I don't need marriage to learn how to love, it is just natural. " But you will not learn the true meaning of love until you learn to put aside your comforts for the needs of others. You might say "I don't need to learn how to co-exist, it is just natural. " But try living with someone every day and you will see that co-existing is an art that needs to be mastered. And you will not be able to do good in the world if you have not learned co-existing. Then there is communication. Communication is an essential skill for any person - and problems and solutions mostly happen because of and with the help of communication. And when you talk to the same person every day, you have a great opportunity to master communication. Also, you will get an intimate understanding of the opposite sex. (for straight couples obviously). Finally, you can inspire each other to grow and do something great by sharing your different perspectives, and your spouse is someone who is always there for you, which isn't too bad if you think about it. Marriage is a foundation of the family and a school of love. It is an opportunity to perfect relationship - that is - relating to others - and without good relationship skills making the world a better place is very difficult.

There is another reason why marriage is great. If you work hard on your marriage you will find that there is much more to the person you married. That they are full of surprises and will keep surprising you until the end of your days. You may realize that your love can grow deeper and deeper without end and that as you get to know your spouse deeper and deeper and begin to wonder just how deep it goes... There is quite the beauty you can find in each other.
Marriage is not transactional so as to say it favour women or Avenue for free sex for men, It is deeper than that.
What is your take on this? Let me hear from you.
Now, What are some mind-blowing facts about marriage?
Your partner is a person who can make you extremely happy. He/she can make you feel comfortable in your vulnerability. Also can make you feel so supported, motivated and inspired to reach for the stars, not only for your spouse, or for your family, but for you.

Your partner is also a person who can make you extremely sad. Because when you have the bigger fights, and things slip out of your mouth or out of his/hers, it's the sharpest knife-like truths about you. Things that hurt you to the core. It hurts and can break your heart, over and over again. It can make you cry for ages. And sometimes, neither of you has the emotional capacity to help the other out. And because you never hear about these times with other marriages, you feel like it's the end of the line: divorce time.
So to be on the safe side married who you know and for what the person is, every other thing will fall in line.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Marriage Is My Perspective! by Brunicekid(m): 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2020
You have point! Coexisting is an art that should be mastered well, and MARRIAGE serves that purpose.
Re: What Marriage Is My Perspective! by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:36am On Nov 22, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
I think marriage is important for several reasons. I think at the very core of it is learning to love, learning to co-exist, and learning to communicate. You may say that you can do all that without marriage, and you may be right, but marriage can be a very rewarding and good way to do it. Marriage is a sacred contract to love and support each other forever. That means you cannot leave just because you feel like it, you cannot abandon your partner in a moment of need, and you must learn to communicate. Yes, people botch their marriages and they break their vows. That is not the fault of marriage. That is the fault of the weakness of people. People will say "I don't need marriage to learn how to love, it is just natural. " But you will not learn the true meaning of love until you learn to put aside your comforts for the needs of others. You might say "I don't need to learn how to co-exist, it is just natural. " But try living with someone every day and you will see that co-existing is an art that needs to be mastered. And you will not be able to do good in the world if you have not learned co-existing. Then there is communication. Communication is an essential skill for any person - and problems and solutions mostly happen because of and with the help of communication. And when you talk to the same person every day, you have a great opportunity to master communication. Also, you will get an intimate understanding of the opposite sex. (for straight couples obviously). Finally, you can inspire each other to grow and do something great by sharing your different perspectives, and your spouse is someone who is always there for you, which isn't too bad if you think about it. Marriage is a foundation of the family and a school of love. It is an opportunity to perfect relationship - that is - relating to others - and without good relationship skills making the world a better place is very difficult.

There is another reason why marriage is great. If you work hard on your marriage you will find that there is much more to the person you married. That they are full of surprises and will keep surprising you until the end of your days. You may realize that your love can grow deeper and deeper without end and that as you get to know your spouse deeper and deeper and begin to wonder just how deep it goes... There is quite the beauty you can find in each other.
Marriage is not transactional so as to say it favour women or Avenue for free sex for men, It is deeper than that.
What is your take on this? Let me hear from you.
Onr thing i know is that marriage tests what you are made of, ot brings everything to light.
Re: What Marriage Is My Perspective! by Escabado: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2020
To men marriage is love but to women marriage is a business transaction . Women are like If he is not giving me money and take care of me then I'm no more interested in the marriage.

(1) (Reply)

What Phone Is The Best I Can Get For 50k? / I'll Teach 20 People How To Make $10 Everyday For Free / My 100 Days Pledge To Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.