Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom (1361 Views)

Borno Shop Owner Arrested For Connecting 21 Fridges To Streetlight Generator / Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water / Food Seller Accused Of Using Mortuary Water To Cook At Oko Polytechnic (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by MyopicMods: 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2020
A restaurant owner has been arrested for selling to the public food prepared with water used in bathing corpses in Akwa Ibom.

Akwa Ibom State Police Command has arrested a female restauranter, Mrs Gloria Edet, popularly known as Madam Honey Food, for allegedly cooking food with mortuary water in order to attract customers in restaurant located along Itam road in Uyo.

Mrs Edet was reportedly arrested on Wednesday after she was exposed by a mortuary attendant who claimed she was owing him money for three months.

According to reports, the morgue attendant told the police that Edet visits him daily to buy the water he used in bathing corpses so that she will use it to prepare the food she serve in her restaurant.

On interrogation, Edet confessed that she uses the water she buys from the mortuary to make the charms she uses in preparing the food she sells to attract more customers and make more money.

She said because of the charms anyone that goes into her restaurant to eat will automatically be addicted to eating her food.

The woman is reportedly detained at the police headquarters, Ikot Akpanabia, Uyo.

https://onlinenigeria.com/stories/148890-restaurant-owner-arrested-for-cooking-with-mortuary-water-to-attract-customers-in-akwa-ibom.html

Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by Moferere: 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2020
Mortuary water shocked
What is this word turning to?
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by inoki247: 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2020
Nothing wey Lai no go see inside Lie grin cheesy

Shey Mortuary water na flavor ni abi wetin
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by DaddyRochie1642: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2020
I sincerely wish the "Angry Mob" First knew about this incident before the Police... By the time the "Angry Mob" would have dealt with her Ruthlessly, She'll learn never to take Human Beings as Fools.

** Spits In Disgust **
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by NnadyAutos: 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
I hear
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2020
Abasi Mbok
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by Bluntguy: 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2020
This is one of the real Akwa Ibom witches. Not the innocent ones they tie on a rope for years.

1 Like

Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by BigBrother9ja: 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2020
Interesting...

Where are those mob and lynchers when you need them?

Both madam and attendant.
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by edoairways: 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2020
BigBrother9ja:
Interesting...

Where are those mob and lynchers when you need them?

Both madam and attendant.
It doesn't warrant this. She should be prosecuted and made to face the law

1 Like

Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by EzzyCarter: 9:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
It's a common practice amongst these local restaurants especially the big/popular ones. I've lost count of similar cases I've heard of. It's why KFC, Mr Biggs, Tantalizer, Big Treat and the likes are the best option if you cant make ur own meals. If you can't afford it buy gala and coke or a snack cheesy. It's quite better than buying Iya Bisi's food laced with spiritual spices grin
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by Charleys: 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2020
How does mortuary water make food to be sweet? Who dey give them this idea?

I need to try this.
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by EzzyCarter: 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2020
Charleys:
How does mortuary water make food to be sweet?

I need to try this.

You won't be able to explain bruv. All I know is you'll keep thinking of that food day and night, it will always be in your thoughts. In fact, it will be the most delicious food in the world to you till "the package" expires grin grin grin
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by GOFRONT(m): 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2020
Chaiii......They no longer wash puna water to cook for us again.....

Na deady body water dem com dey take cook delicacy for us now....

Well, lets hear what Righteousness89 have to say!!!
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by StandardJohn(m): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2020
Dis people be surprising us day by day
She should be given the mortuary water to drink
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by Charleys: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2020
EzzyCarter:
It's a common practice amongst these local restaurants especially the big/popular ones. I've lost count of similar cases I've heard of. It's why KFC, Mr Biggs, Tantalizer, Big Treat and the likes are the best option if you cant make ur own meals. If you can't afford it buy gala and coke or a snack cheesy. It's quite better than buying Iya Bisi's food laced with spiritual spices grin

What if Mr Biggs, KFC, Tantalizers and bigtreat are all washing from a very big puna to sell to us?

You don't know how deep the cookie is, besides those names look like puna names to me. Wetin be tantalizing?
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by EzzyCarter: 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
Charleys:

What if Mr Biggs, KFC, Tantalizers and bigtreat are all washing from a very big puna to sell to us?

You don't know how deep the cookie is, besides those names look like puna names to me. Wetin be tantalizing?

Lol. Puna name nikan ko grin

@Bold, what are the odds? Why would they need that? To boost sales or get more popular? Well most of em are international brands so they are pretty solid in the market so the possibility of that happening is quite low cheesy

1 Like

Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by Enudapan: 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Has dog meat water finished?
Or toto water no dey again?

Modafucking asshole
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by November1857(m): 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2020
Police suppose to arrest the mortuary attendance too
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by Harrykn: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
Fake news, it was a local movie. Nonsense and ingredient of OP
Is that not ewedu, Amala with stew?
When did our restaurant start cooking in a Yoruba ewagon pot formation? That is if the picture is an evidence.
Oga we Akwa ibomites don't like stew like that. The name of the your editted movies is .......
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by babadigu(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2020
She needs too, to be fed with mortuary water, all the times she will spend in jail. And i wish she will be disciplined with a proper jail term
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by Femuel(m): 8:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
when i thought i have seen it all.. another sh.t pops up
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by BrainRider: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2020
Just imagining how her customers will react to this news grin
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by Lastmankc(m): 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
Protein water.That means most people are cannibals
Re: Restaurant Owner Arrested For Cooking With Mortuary Water In Akwa Ibom by 2cribz: 5:36am On Nov 23, 2020
Even beer parlour,pepper soup not left out

(1) (Reply)

Police Forestalls Attack On Popular Edo Market, Kill 2 (Pixs) / Four Gang-rape 25-year-old Lady In Adamawa / A Black Marketer Spotted Smoking While Selling Petrol In Abuja (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.