Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil (1266 Views)

Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter / What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? / Modele Fatoyinbo Dragged For Defending Her Husband Pastor Fatoyinbo Against Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 22, 2020
I grew up mostly in the church, I was that child participating in several church activities, I loved God and Godly activities but ever since I grew up into a full grown woman, it has been a battle for me between worldly activities and Godly activities, I always feel dragged, like the devil is after me and also God wants to use me. I always encounter problems each time I go weird and worldly but always run back to God, my life has been like this for long now. I want God to take full charge of me, I'm so down and confused. Happy Sunday to you all

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 22, 2020
Early Sunday morning, this one dey seek attention

7 Likes

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Davash222(m): 6:19am On Nov 22, 2020
Lol.

You’re just possessed, you need exorcism.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by blackpanthar: 6:20am On Nov 22, 2020
Zzor:
I grew up mostly in the church, I was that child participating in several church activities, I loved God and Godly activities but ever since I grew up into a full grown woman, it has been a battle for me between worldly activities and Godly activities, I always feel dragged, like the devil is after me and also God wants to use me. I always encounter problems each time I go weird and worldly but always run back to God, my life has been like this for long now. I want God to take full charge of me, I'm so down and confused. Happy Sunday to you all
You are not the only one

Romans 7:21-25

It happens so regularly that it’s predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God’s commands, but it’s pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.

24 I’ve tried everything and nothing helps. I’m at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn’t that the real question?

25 The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:21am On Nov 22, 2020
Simply in all sincerity ask God to help you, and i believe He would.

He's helped many out before that after He was through with them, they couldn't believe themselves.

That's what I did when I wanted to yield to His Will completely. I had the will but not the strength.

God gave me the strength to become all I ever dreamed of becoming for Him and even more, and I believe He can do the same for you if you sincerely ask Him to.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by EmptyGarden(m): 6:24am On Nov 22, 2020
Abeg choose devil quick quick... God no dey drag person.
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by mployer(m): 6:25am On Nov 22, 2020
You need self control and proper understanding of the gospel.

You may have grown in a religious church and as a result condemn yourself over things God is not bothered about.
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by helinues: 6:26am On Nov 22, 2020
Hahahahahaha.

Same you with the US marriage Palava.

Trouble don't just walk into one's lives, it could be through invitiation, association or non challant attitude to important things .

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Professorcplus(m): 6:37am On Nov 22, 2020
First go and seek forgiveness from those demons especially the Nairalander once wey dey on top your matter.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by GOFRONT(m): 6:41am On Nov 22, 2020
Nobody dey drag you....Keep God and devil out of it.

Just go ahead and marry that U.S.A man, overlook the fact that he already has a daughter from another woman......I hope the man's mother has called you this morning as usual....

Zzor, see you, see U.S husband, see Money and see relocation to the U.S.A ..you wan dull yasef....

Na this kind opportunity Onyi22 dey fine she no see.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 22, 2020
It is happening to me too. I use to be a church boy. Very cool, responsible and obedient. Not like I'm irresponsible now, but the world has taken over my being. I'm struggling spiritually. I don't even have any plans of going to church today. I hardly pray. Spiritual things don't impress me anymore.

I think the devil has taken over the world!
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by DropsMic(m): 7:43am On Nov 22, 2020
It's not possible For God to take full control of your life....
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Gabe427: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2020
For y'all who think there's a battle between the Lord and the devip....

it all in your head the strongest shit on Earth is Man's will power And God won't mess with it...

I set before you life and death God and evil
sister zzor please chose life

the devil has no power over you after the cross he only fills your head with ideas but can't make you do shit just as he did to your Grandmother Eve

And Remember The Words in John 3:16 it that simple Believe God.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by JourneytoEL(f): 8:08am On Nov 22, 2020
i used to be in your shoes even at this time last year so i understand how you feel. Let me share how I escaped from the trap. I went on my knees privately on 31st dec, 2019 midnight and said a sincere and heartfelt prayer to God about my poor spiritual life, did 21 days fasting programme concerning it and he answered my prayers by baptising me with the Holy Spirit. I now understand what i was doing wrong all this years. I had been serving God with my own strength not by the strength of the Holy Spirit. You see, when the Holy Spirit comes into your life you begin to serve God almost effortlessly. You can pray for hours with ease, fast and sing praises non-stop. If you read the Bible, you will understand the hidden mysteries behind the words and He will direct you to passages you never knew existed. The Word of God will become true in your life like 3D stuffs grin instead of 2D. For it is written, that God is a Spirit and should be worshiped in Spirit and in truth. Romans 8 also talks about the wonderful difference that will manifest in your life after the infilling of the Spirit. I will advise you to go on your knees to beg God to baptise you with your Spirit. p.s it might not happen immediately. Mine took 7 months. God might want to groom you through a certain process so that you will appreciate this free gift.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by luvmijeje(f): 8:11am On Nov 22, 2020
Find yourself. Find you. What you are feeling, is all part of growing up. It's all part of learning who you are.

It's simply learning what works for you and what don't. And always remember that the Bible is written by Men detailing their relationship with God. Your journey in life cannot be the same with their's.

The reason you are struggling is simply because you are living other people's life.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 22, 2020
GOFRONT:
Nobody dey drag you....Keep God and devil out of it.

Just go ahead and marry that U.S.A man, overlook the fact that he already has a daughter from another woman......I hope the man's mother has called you this morning as usual....

Zzor, see you, see U.S husband, see Money and see relocation to the U.S.A ..you wan dull yasef....

Na this kind opportunity Onyi22 dey fine she no see.
I hate you
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 22, 2020
Davash222:
Lol.

You’re just possessed, you need exorcismu.
you are the possessed one, devil
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2020
JourneytoEL:
i used to be in your shoes even at this time last year so i understand how you feel. Let me share how I escaped from the trap. I went on my knees privately on 31st dec, 2019 midnight and said a sincere and heartfelt prayer to God about my poor spiritual life, did 21 days fasting programme concerning it and he answered my prayers by baptising me with the Holy Spirit. I now understand what i was doing wrong all this years. I had been serving God with my own strength not by the strength of the Holy Spirit. You see, when the Holy Spirit comes into your life you begin to serve God almost effortlessly. You can pray for hours with ease, fast and sing praises non-stop. If you read the Bible, you will understand the hidden mysteries behind the words and He will direct you to passages you never knew existed. The Word of God will become true in your life like 3D stuffs grin instead of 2D. For it is written, that God is a Spirit and should be worshiped in Spirit and in truth. Romans 8 also talks aboutt the wonderful difference that will manifest in your life after the infilling of the Spirit. I will advise you to go on your knees to beg God to baptise you with your Spirit. p.s it might not happen immediately. Mine took 7 months. God might want to groom you through a certain process so that you will appreciate this free gift.
Thanks alot God bless you
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 22, 2020
[quote author=OcVoice post=96306581]It is happening to me too. I use to be a church boy. Very cool, responsible and obedient. Not like I'm irresponsible now, but the world has taken over my being. I'm struggling spiritually. I don't even have any plans of going to church today. I hardly pray. Spiritual things don't impress me anymore.

I think the devil has taken over the world![/quoote] You perfectly understand everything, all those who have been in such situation will understand
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Aladdin1(m): 8:43am On Nov 22, 2020
Choose you this day whow you would serve". So says the bible. You have to do it yourself.You have to surrender fully to one of them and reject the other."No one can serve two masters at once" So says the bible.I advice you choose God and reject the devil for good.
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Ihedinobi3: 9:51am On Nov 22, 2020
Zzor:

Hi there.

This is a common problem especially in this last era of the Church, the Laodicean Era.

In short, becoming a believer is exactly signing up to join God's Army here on earth. But this Army is actually behind enemy lines fighting against serious firepower that previously enslaved those who are signing up. That is, while we were unbelievers, we were slaves and prisoners to Satan. By accepting the Gospel, we not only are released from slavery to him, we are also made his active enemies. So, he has more than one reason to devote some of his military resources to harming us. In case you were wondering, "harming us" means to try to get us to throw our faith in Christ away so that we will lose our eternal life or else to get us to give up being useful soldiers in God's army so that we don't cause any trouble for him by releasing any more of his prisoners or helping any of these former prisoners to become more dangerous to him.

So, of course, each of us has to deal with the allure of the world. The question is whether we are willing to do what we need to overcome the temptation to return into Satan's prisons. If we are, then the answer is that we need to start training seriously to become the best soldiers that we can be in God's army.

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:1-2 (NKJV)

That is how we train. We read our Bibles so that we know what God says and can tell it apart from what people claim that He says that He doesn't actually say. We submit to tried and proved pastor-teaching ministries that teach us everything that the Bible says as a whole. We test such ministries by comparing the things they say to what God says in the Bible (Matthew 7:15-20; 12:33-37). If they either fail to account for what the Bible says or they dismiss and violate the things that the Bible says, then, at the very least, these are unprepared and not-suitably-qualified pastor-teaching ministries, so we should not submit to them. If, on the other hand, there is harmony between what the Bible says on every page and what they say, then, we would do well to settle down and learn all that they have to teach us for our own good.

Next, we believe what we are taught. Hearing without believing is a waste of time. If we don't believe what we hear, how will we ever practise it? Only those who believe that swinging a sword in a way will do any damage to an enemy that wants to kill them will bother to try to swing it that way. Only those who believe that learning how to fire a rifle is necessary to not only preserving their lives on a battlefield but also to getting them to whatever the goal of the battle is will bother to learn how to fire said rifle. So, believing what we learn from the pastor-teaching ministry that we have tested and proved is critical to getting anywhere.

Then, we have to practise what we learn.

The more we do this, the less we will find ourselves seduced by the world's temptations. But it is not an easy road. The world is loud and insistent. Our sin nature in our physical bodies is never happy with being ignored either. And Satan won't sit back and let us just go and learn how to wreck his plans, so we will find that this whole business of spiritual growth and production described above is not going to come painlessly.

That is precisely why there are very few who bother with it. It is why you come on the religion section of Nairaland and find so many fools who pretend to be prophets or teachers boldly writing lies in God's Name and deceiving themselves and others who won't be bothered to learn what the Truth actually is. It is why believers today think that the sum total of the Faith is political clout, economic power, and pleasure/happiness in this world.

Should you be interested, you could try out https://ichthys.com for a pastor-teaching ministry. That is where I grew up and where I am training to become a pastor-teacher too, since I have the gift myself. Alternatively, there is www.bibleacademyonline.com too. The former is a text- and audio-based ministry. The latter is a video ministry. You can learn the whole system of Bible truth from either. I am absolutely confident that there are others out there, but even in the best of times, pastor-teachers are few in the Church, because they are the "officers" in God's Army. Having the gift has never made anyone a pastor-teacher. Few enough receive the gift, but everyone who does has to go through very painful preparation to get to the point of being entrusted with God's children. Not all of us make the cut. Additionally, humility is a hard test for human beings, so making it a little difficult for us to find pastor-teachers is one way that the Lord prepares us to submit to their authority when we are finally brought to them.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Enigma2049(m): 11:39am On Nov 22, 2020
Shebi after your clout chasing spree on Nairaland , devil don dey drag you abi grin. After insulting men , and also after insulting End sars protesters and calling all of them yahoo boys !! . Your problem still dey start sef grin

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 22, 2020
Enigma2049:
Shebi after your clout chasing spree on Nairaland , devil don dey drag abi grin. After insulting men , and also after insulting End sars protesters and calling all of them yahoo boys !! . Your problem still dey start sef grin
Please it's not everything you joke with, I didn't mean that endsars post, what if I told you I participated in the protest, so don't be too sensitive
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Enigma2049(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2020
Zzor:
Please it's not everything you joke with, I didn't mean that endsars post, what if I told you I participated in the protest, so don't be too sensitive

Alright let me believe you

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Janosky: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2020
Zzor:

The war of sinful flesh (untamed raging hormones of youth) vs Godly devotion influenced by God's holy spirit.

Galatians 5:16-25 , Matthew 6:9-15. 7:7-8. Philippians 4:6-9.

Shalom
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2020
Janosky:

The war of sinful flesh (untamed raging hormones of youth) vs Godly devotion influenced by God's holy spirit.
Galatians 5:16-25 , Matthew 6:9-15. 7:7-8.

Shalom

Choose one
hmm
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Janosky: 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2020
Zzor:
hmm

Philippians 4:6-9.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2020
Zzor:
U Just Av To Make Up Ur Mind. However, Ur Urgent Need Or Needs May Be Making U To Say Dis. U May Be Feeling Like Something Is Wrong With U Probably Because Of Delay Or Disappointment In Ur Expectations In Life. I Would Advise Dat U Should Be More Prayerful.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by MrPRevailer(m): 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gabe427:
For y'all who think there's a battle between the Lord and the devip....

it all in your head the strongest shit on Earth is Man's will power And God won't mess with it...

I set before you life and death God and evil
sister zzor please chose life

the devil has no power over you after the cross he only fills your head with ideas but can't make you do shit just as he did to your Grandmother Eve

And Remember The Words in John 3:16 it that simple Believe God.

Ephesians
6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians

2timothy 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Zzor

Pitch your tent in The Lord's Chosen and God will give you victory over sin, worldliness.
You will have more zeal and purpose to serve God and prepare for the Rapture of the prepared saints.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Twenty8: 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2020
Zzor:

Date me then

(1) (2) (Reply)

Praying With Live Fish Inside Water Mixed With Salt / Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For January 2024 / Halleluyah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.