Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,258 members, 7,780,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:35 PM

I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil (1241 Views)

Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter / What Is The Difference Between God And Lord? / Modele Fatoyinbo Dragged For Defending Her Husband Pastor Fatoyinbo Against Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by hashtagged(m): 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2020
Zzor:
I grew up mostly in the church, I was that child participating in several church activities, I loved God and Godly activities but ever since I grew up into a full grown woman, it has been a battle for me between worldly activities and Godly activities, I always feel dragged, like the devil is after me and also God wants to use me. I always encounter problems each time I go weird and worldly but always run back to God, my life has been like this for long now. I want God to take full charge of me, I'm so down and confused. Happy Sunday to you all

See Zzor what is righteousness, it's not how pure you are or how holy you are we are all humans and we are meant to sin, but here is the interesting fact when we believe in Jesus all that sin is Gone and you can no longer sin, that means all the sin you have committed or will commit is already forgiven as long as you believe in God with all your heart. The thing devil use to drag us away from God is making us feel we are sinners and giving us a kind of guilt that we are so tainted that God won't answer our prayers, But caption this as long as you believe in Jesus you cannot sin cause all sin has been taken away from you at the cross of Calvary. no matter what you do wrong or backslide continue praying and feel forgiven cause God knows we can't be perfect and he is counting our righteousness as how strong we believe in him.
Look at David and Abraham they fvcked up like countless times, they were not among the holy of holies nor among the great prophets, but God acknowledged these men cause after they fvcked up they came back to him. So don't feel too tainted or feel you have sinned too much, Just Go back to God he has long forgiven you before you even ask wink
Have a good day

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Phraences: 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2020
Zzor:
I grew up mostly in the church, I was that child participating in several church activities, I loved God and Godly activities but ever since I grew up into a full grown woman, it has been a battle for me between worldly activities and Godly activities, I always feel dragged, like the devil is after me and also God wants to use me. I always encounter problems each time I go weird and worldly but always run back to God, my life has been like this for long now. I want God to take full charge of me, I'm so down and confused. Happy Sunday to you all

Not only you o! When i am praying, i feel like i am in an interview under a microscope. Maybe that's why i find myself skipping prayer. My spiritual life is not as strong as i want it to be. I want to experience God and feel him myself and not just imagine him through other people's words and experiences.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Phraences: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2020
I have a problem with the bolded. Even Jesus said in the Lord's prayer "Forgive us our trespasses as we....". This your mentality is what makes a lot of Christians including Pastors commit so many sins ON PURPOSE in the world today.

hashtagged:

See Zzor what is righteousness, it's not how pure you are or how holy you are we are all humans and we are meant to sin, but here is the interesting fact when we believe in Jesus all that sin is Gone and you can no longer sin, that means all the sin you have committed or will commit is already forgiven as long as you believe in God with all your heart. The thing devil use to drag us away from God is making us feel we are sinners and giving us a kind of guilt that we are so tainted that God won't answer our prayers, But caption this as long as you believe in Jesus you cannot sin cause all sin has been taken away from you at the cross of Calvary. no matter what you do wrong or backslide continue praying and feel forgiven cause God knows we can't be perfect and he is counting our righteousness as how strong we believe in him.
Look at David and Abraham they fvcked up like countless times, they were not among the holy of holies nor among the great prophets, but God acknowledged these men cause after they fvcked up they came back to him. So don't feel too tainted or feel you have sinned too much, Just Go back to God he has long forgiven you before you even ask wink
Have a good day
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by hashtagged(m): 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
Phraences:

I have a problem with the bolded. Even Jesus said in the Lord's prayer "Forgive us our trespasses as we....". This your mentality is what makes a lot of Christians including Pastors commit so many sins ON PURPOSE in the world today.

I really like this question

Let me tell you this the pastor's who sin most of them don't even believe in my mindset.
See we need to understand Jesus like Paul did, Jesus said that while he was still alive then men where still slaves to sin.
When Jesus was crucified he was a sacrifice to wash our sins away even the sins we have yet to commit, So that when we believe in him we receive that forgiveness by proxy.
Just like Isaiah said as the bronze serpent was lifted up(and all those who looked upon it were saved from the poison) so will the son of man be lifted up so all who believe in him may be saved.

But here is the interesting part what I have mentioned is the grace of forgiveness given to us but we only received that grace when we believe in Jesus. And to believe in Jesus is to act like him, Love others like he did, So if you love others you can't bear a heart to hurt others, so if you can't love others you don't truly believe in Jesus.
And those pastor's you mentioned who do various atrocities if they really love others they won't do that, so they don't have the knowledge of what it means to believe in Jesus.

You know Jesus told us faith, hope and love are vital, but Love is the greatest of them all, that's cause you cannot believe in Jesus without loving others, the moment you love your fellow humans like you do yourself your sins are as good as done.

All the good virtues of the earth (peace, joy, hope, grace) all all born from love
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2020
Phraences:

Not only you o! When i am praying, i feel like i am in an interview under a microscope. Maybe that's why i find myself skipping prayer. My spiritual life is not as strong as i want it to be. I want to experience God and feel him myself and not just imagine him through other people's words and experiences.
exactly but most people here won't understand
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2020
hashtagged:

Have a good day
Thanks alot God bless you
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Gabe427: 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2020
MrPRevailer:

Ephesians
6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians

2timothy 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Pitch your tent in The Lord's Chosen and God will give you victory over sin, worldliness.
You will have more zeal and purpose to serve God and prepare for the Rapture of the prepared saints.

Sir I humbled you took your time to mention me and bring to me your opinion.

Before I continue I have some questions
1. are you a New Creation
2. Do you believe that God himself came to earth himself to reconcile us to him
3. Do you believe in the Resurrection of Christ.
and finally do you believe in the holy spirit and it power that is at work within us

Of your answer to this are all yes
Then I hope you understand what I put down

From the scripture you quoted Ephesians 6:11 it a strong one but you read further from verse 14
Ephesians
6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

so the full amount of God was listed out and I like to show you what the full amount of God is

the first the belt of truth .. I'll like to tell you the Truth there is Jesus
if you don't believe Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life .... (John 14:6&7) (John 5:33)

the breast plate of righteousness
sir I'll like to announce Christ is also our Righteousness (Romans 1:17)(2nd Corinthians 5:21)(philpiams 3:9)

shield of faith sir Christ is the full embodiment of faith( Hebrews 11:6) (Hebrews 6:1) Philemon 1:6
in one of the scriptures quoted above it says it says for without faith it is impossible to please God and we also know we can only please God through Christ
(no one comes to the father except through me) so Sir christ is our faith

Helmet of Salvation (I don't need to explain this one There's only one person that qualified for the work of salvation not your works but Christ alone so Christ is our savior hence our Salvation

The Sword of the Spirit Christ is spirit (Matthew 12:18 , 14:16) (John 4:24)
sir Christ is a spirit of him came the holy spirit which is one with him Cause they are all of one God
and finally it ended with God and we Know Christ is also the Word of God, THE FIRST BORN OF ALL CREATION

John 1:1 in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God
John 1:14 and the word was made flesh and dwelt among Us
so sir Christ is also the word of God

Sir in essence why did I bring out all this this to enlighten you to the fact that your works are useless in the works of righteousness and holiness all these can only be accomplished by Christ and through him
you can choose to fight the battle and fight and fight and keep fighting but the minute you Jesus to fight your battle .you don't have to struggle cause It a battle won

you Enjoy Christianity you enjoy the life given as a gift you Enjoy Righteousness.
why cause
God made him who has no seen to become SIN for us that we may become the Righteousness of God (2corinthians 5:21)
so sir wether you so works or live by the law
wether you go to church or not You are the Righteousness of God that is if your answer to the above questions I asked are all yes

Thank you sir for your time
you are born Of God

my apologies for typos and other arrangements I replied in a rush if you have any questions we should continue this discussion on what's app 08100617838
hope to her you again
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
This girl
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
dairykidd:
This girl
Do you have something to say, that will be a surprise though because I know very well you have no business with religion
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
Zzor:
Do you have something to say, that will be a surprise though because I know very well you have no business with religion
Lool... u think u know me. You will be surprised that the things i know most of ur so called jerry curled pastors don't. I'm a student of Moses, Elijah, Adeboye, Olukoya all together.. I'm not perfect not even close and I'm not holy. I'm only breathing because of God's mercies that's new for me every morning which is also the reason i can confidently n boldly come into His presence and ask wtv. And i know that the power of his light will always make way for me through the darkness. So little Judge Judy Zzor, don't think u know anything. You haven't even started taking milk and ur here trying to play Judge grin grin grin
Keep judging me by certain things i post but know this; my relationship with Him has come a very long way and its real and personal.. Enjoy ur evening small madam grin
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by sholay2011(m): 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
JourneytoEL:
i used to be in your shoes even at this time last year so i understand how you feel. Let me share how I escaped from the trap. I went on my knees privately on 31st dec, 2019 midnight and said a sincere and heartfelt prayer to God about my poor spiritual life, did 21 days fasting programme concerning it and he answered my prayers by baptising me with the Holy Spirit. I now understand what i was doing wrong all this years. I had been serving God with my own strength not by the strength of the Holy Spirit. You see, when the Holy Spirit comes into your life you begin to serve God almost effortlessly. You can pray for hours with ease, fast and sing praises non-stop. If you read the Bible, you will understand the hidden mysteries behind the words and He will direct you to passages you never knew existed. The Word of God will become true in your life like 3D stuffs grin instead of 2D. For it is written, that God is a Spirit and should be worshiped in Spirit and in truth. Romans 8 also talks about the wonderful difference that will manifest in your life after the infilling of the Spirit. I will advise you to go on your knees to beg God to baptise you with your Spirit. p.s it might not happen immediately. Mine took 7 months. God might want to groom you through a certain process so that you will appreciate this free gift.
Well said smiley.
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
dairykidd:

Lool... u think u know me. You will be surprised that the things i know most of ur so called jerry curled pastors don't. I'm a student of Moses, Elijah, Adeboye, Olukoya all together.. I'm not perfect not even close and I'm not holy. I'm only breathing because of God's mercies that's new for me every morning which is also the reason i can confidently n boldly come into His presence and ask wtv. And i know that the power of his light will always make way for me through the darkness. So little Judge Judy Zzor, don't think u know anything. You haven't even started taking milk and ur here trying to play Judge grin grin grin
Keep judging me by certain things i post but know this; my relationship with Him has come a very long way and its real and personal.. Enjoy ur evening small madam grin
who is small madam, hmm
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
Zzor:
who is small madam, hmm
You wan change am cheesy
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by jaxxy(m): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
Zzor:

Be real with urself bt never forget u can do nothing without God. When u stray it may seem good bt it’s never the best. Being “churchy” isn’t being Christian either. God is bigger than that. Try to stay on the right part even though nobody is perfect. Don’t follow people have a mind of ur own. Ure good foundation is a rare privilege many don’t have don’t take it for granted.

Don’t get consumed or Carried away with the nonsense that goes on on NL. U always have a right to choose what u like and avoid what u don’t like. Stay focused. Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by rabzy: 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2020
hashtagged:

Have a good day

Fallacy
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Traininghub(f): 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
JourneytoEL:
i used to be in your shoes even at this time last year so i understand how you feel. Let me share how I escaped from the trap. I went on my knees privately on 31st dec, 2019 midnight and said a sincere and heartfelt prayer to God about my poor spiritual life, did 21 days fasting programme concerning it and he answered my prayers by baptising me with the Holy Spirit. I now understand what i was doing wrong all this years. I had been serving God with my own strength not by the strength of the Holy Spirit. You see, when the Holy Spirit comes into your life you begin to serve God almost effortlessly. You can pray for hours with ease, fast and sing praises non-stop. If you read the Bible, you will understand the hidden mysteries behind the words and He will direct you to passages you never knew existed. The Word of God will become true in your life like 3D stuffs grin instead of 2D. For it is written, that God is a Spirit and should be worshiped in Spirit and in truth. Romans 8 also talks about the wonderful difference that will manifest in your life after the infilling of the Spirit. I will advise you to go on your knees to beg God to baptise you with your Spirit. p.s it might not happen immediately. Mine took 7 months. God might want to groom you through a certain process so that you will appreciate this free gift.
I'm glad I came across this, thank you!
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by JourneytoEL(f): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2020
Traininghub:
I'm glad I came across this, thank you!
u are welcome
Re: I Feel Dragged Between God And The Devil by Phraences: 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
So i have saved some prayer/praise plans on You version bible App. Some are 3 day, 7 days, 30 days. You can choose shortest plans that can be done in 5mins daily cos we live in a busy distracting world. They have so many plans to choose from.

You can download the app online. And it is FREE. The creators really tried. I intend to pray everyday even if i don't feel anything.

I think my problem is Analysis Paralysis. Too much analysis of how to pray, how to frame the right words that will get God's attention, wondering if i am phrasing the request the right way, wondering if i am being ungrateful asking for nice things etc. I have decided that when i don't feel like praying, i will just say the Lord's prayer recommended by Jesus. Better to say the Lord's prayer every day for 365 days than fancy prayer that is not regular.
They say fake it till you make it. So let us use the bible plans and pray along with someone else's words. 5mins everyday for 365 days. God is spirit. He can hear a one minute prayer.

So that's my decision. No more analysis paralysis. I have never prayed everyday for 365days. Sometimes i pray passionately and sometimes i don't pray at all (Not even the Lord's prayer). So i need to be short and consistent rather than long and inconsistent.

Hope this helps someone else struggling like me.

OcVoice:
It is happening to me too. I use to be a church boy. Very cool, responsible and obedient. Not like I'm irresponsible now, but the world has taken over my being. I'm struggling spiritually. I don't even have any plans of going to church today. I hardly pray. Spiritual things don't impress me anymore.

I think the devil has taken over the world!

Zzor:
Please it's not everything you joke with, I didn't mean that endsars post, what if I told you I participated in the protest, so don't be too sensitive

(1) (2) (Reply)

The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. / Christian Atheism / �HERBS AND SPIRITUALITY - Solutions To Life Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.