Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

What It Truly Means To Be Born Again - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What It Truly Means To Be Born Again (6622 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by code77(m): 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2020
maolah:
Islam is the only way, any other religions is rong way!

I don't blame U at all, rather its seun, who gave you unrestricted access to post such rubbish on a Christian Thread.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by FarmTech(m): 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
kayuseful:
Obviously most commenters didn't read or understand the post.

In case you didn't get it: Born again is not the same as change of conducts. It's not "all those things I used to do, I do them no more". Born again means to BELIEVE IN JESUS AS YOUR SAVIOUR
So to only believe without changing ur conducts is born again? I am beginning to understand why people who claim to be born again will dress like prostitutes, sing immoral songs, womanize and play with all sort of sins. May God help u people.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by nyiamfrank: 2:49am On Nov 23, 2020
Christianity post

Why didn't I see a declaration popup that "I am a Christian and I believe that Christianity is the only true religion..." as I always see on Islamic post like Ruling for swallowing your saliva,etc?

Religious equality!
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Nov 23, 2020
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I believe I will never make heaven. I have sinned and fall short of the glory of God despite being a born again Christian for 25 years now sad
It means you were never born again to begin with, and there are lots of people like you out there.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Nov 23, 2020
zeusdgrt:
To take a personal decision to follow God,love and do unto others as u want to be done to u also receive the holy spirit for his manifestation application to all ur life endeavors.
Note:Not to follow pastor but God!
Love they neighbour and the other one you listed are just two out of 46 commandments of the New covenant that is Jesus Christ. There are about 7 commandment that one needs to obey in order to become worthy of being born again I.e. become a follower of Jesus Christ and you have not even listed any of those.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Nov 23, 2020
Donspicey:
Always pray and ask God for Forgiveness of sins.....
Sin can be commited knowingly or Unknowingly.....
No body is guaranteed salvation until the Last day wen u face ur creator.....
Heaven no sure for anybody still alive......
The disciples of Jesus Christ received assurance of their place in heaven while they were yet alive.

The reason you believe no one alive is sure of Heaven is because you have never in fact met anyone who is in fact born again before now.

Those who are born again know that they are indeed a art of His kingdom as they continue to obey Him.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Nov 23, 2020
olus57:
Lord take more of me and give me more of you. Let us ask for the God Grace.
He asks you to submit to Him and Obey Him, but instead you prefer to ask for His grace...what do you think His Grace means? It refers to His New Covenant which you are meant to Obey as He has given it to you for the past 2000 years.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Nov 23, 2020
techrola:

A born again can never sin...
That one an lie abeg! We sin but we are not under law...so we are not condemned by it but instead resolve to ask the Father for forgiveness rather than attempting to justify it in any way.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:27am On Nov 23, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Heaven is sure for those who believe in Jesus Christ. That is what John 3:16 says. It says eternal life is given to them for believing.

John 3:16 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The below verse assures those who are alive today that they already have eternal life. Why? Because they believe in Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:13 KJV
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
John chapter 3 vs 16 does not provide those who believe in Jesus Christ anything like Heaven. Those who believe in Jesus Christ are gifted with eternal life...eternity which can be spent either in Heaven or in Hell depending on whether or not the one who believes submits to the lead of the spirit of God or not afterwards.

Heaven is only guaranteed those who obey the commandments of Jesus Christ, not to all those who believe in Jesus Christ. Read John 5 for more insight
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:31am On Nov 23, 2020
Harvesttony:
Who taught such message ie to be born of water is to be born by a woman. Jesus did say to be born of water and the holy spirit. He didn't justify Nicodemus as been born of water already. But emphasized that he must be born of both water and the spirit.

Just so you know the water birth refers to water baptism; even Christ was baptized. You can't begin your journey with Christ with First been baptized.
I too was left puzzled by the OP's explanation of what it means to be "born of water".
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by zeusdgrt(m): 5:24am On Nov 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Love they neighbour and the other one you listed are just two out of 46 commandments of the New covenant that is Jesus Christ. There are about 7 commandment that one needs to obey in order to become worthy of being born again I.e. become a follower of Jesus Christ and you have not even listed any of those.
Oga everything u can think of fall under love and follow God if u do this two everything will fall in place,think before you respond to comment.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Innobee99(m): 8:09am On Nov 23, 2020
"The Good News is that what God gives birth to doesn't sin. This explains why Jesus Christ never sinned. This is why we that we are his brothers and also sons of God like him never sin".

But u earlier mentioned that he who says he's without sin is a liar. Please can u clarify the about in quote?
Thanks for the little piece. I have learnt alot
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by alBHAGDADI: 8:55am On Nov 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:
John chapter 3 vs 16 does not provide those who believe in Jesus Christ anything like Heaven. Those who believe in Jesus Christ are gifted with eternal life...eternity which can be spent either in Heaven or in Hell depending on whether or not the one who believes submits to the lead of the spirit of God or not afterwards.

Heaven is only guaranteed those who obey the commandments of Jesus Christ, not to all those who believe in Jesus Christ. Read John 5 for more insight

This is garbage doctrine. Sadly, you have no verse to back up your claim that heaven is only for those who obey the commandments of Jesus.

Look, heaven is for those who believe in Jesus, whether they obey his commandments or not. The below verse says even if you do not work, as long as you believe in Jesus, that faith makes you righteous and eligible for heaven in all certainty.

Romans 4:5 KJV
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

To support the above verse, the below verse which speaks on salvation says works don't save us but faith. Isn't that exactly what the previous verse is saying?

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast

But you claim we must work by obeying God's commandments otherwise no heaven for us. Sadly for you, you have no verse to back it up.

What we need is believe which gives us eternal life according to John 3:16. But a wicked liar like you has said that the eternal life means eternity which can be spent either in hell or heaven. You will never find any verse to back that lie up with.

Eternal life means life that never ends and with God which we get for believing in Jesus. Those who don't believe in Jesus get death.

Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What is the death stated above? It is the death in the lake of fire.

Revelations 20:14 KJV
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

That is the death those who died without Jesus will face again, while those with eternal life get heaven and paradise. Don't you know that the opposite of life is death, yet you foolishly think eternal life can still lead to death. Thou fool, something eternal is everlasting. Therefore, eternal life has nothing to do with death.

1 Like

Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by alBHAGDADI: 9:02am On Nov 23, 2020
Innobee99:
"The Good News is that what God gives birth to doesn't sin. This explains why Jesus Christ never sinned. This is why we that we are his brothers and also sons of God like him never sin".

But u earlier mentioned that he who says he's without sin is a liar. Please can u clarify the about in quote?

I will advise that you go back and read the article very well. But before you do, let me explain a few things about the article.

It says our parents gave birth to us, and God gives birth to us when he saves us. When God gives birth to us, our spirit changes. It becomes like God. Since God doesn't sin, that spirit he gave birth to which is in us can never sin.

Now, our parents who gave birth to our flesh are sinners, so what they give birth to will also sin. That is why we sin in the flesh, but not in the spirit which God gave birth to.

When we die, that sinful flesh rots away while that perfect spirit goes to heaven. During the resurrection, we get given a new body which is actually the same old one but made new. This new body can never sin like the old one. That way our perfect spirit United with a perfect body and we become perfect with no ability to sin. That will happen during the resurrection.

So, you can now go back and read the article then come back and read this post.

Thank you
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by alBHAGDADI: 9:06am On Nov 23, 2020
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by kayuseful: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2020
FarmTech:

So to only believe without changing ur conducts is born again? I am beginning to understand why people who claim to be born again will dress like prostitutes, sing immoral songs, womanize and play with all sort of sins. May God help u people.

New birth often leads to a change of conducts, however, a change of conducts IS NOT the new birth. There are many who have quit all those things you mentioned but aren't born again.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by sonmvayina(m): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
To be born again simply means to start afresh. The first step is to realize that you have broken Gods commandments and have erred. The second step is to confess it before God. And lastly to forsake all sin and evil deeds. All Gods desires is a sincere repentance . He told us in Isaiah " come let us reason together, even though your heart is as black as coal, I can make them as white as snow." And in 2nd chronicles he says " If my children who are called by my name will humble themselves confess their sins and forsake their evil ways ,I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land "..all he has asked for and desired is a sincere repentance. The idea of somebody or a God dying for the sin of another is and was never Gods plan. It did not originate from God...
It is us that sin, it is our soul that has sinned and needs to make atonement. Somebody else can not do that for us. ..we have to atone ourselves..

If somebody else can, we won't learn anything..and we won't know the value..That is why Ezekiel still echoed it , "A man should not be put to death for the sin of his son and vice versa"...
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
FarmTech:

Being born again has absolutely nothing to do with your outward appearance or your conducts as a person.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by FarmTech(m): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

This is garbage doctrine. Sadly, you have no verse to back up your claim that heaven is only for those who obey the commandments of Jesus.

Look, heaven is for those who believe in Jesus, whether they obey his commandments or not. The below verse says even if you do not work, as long as you believe in Jesus, that faith makes you righteous and eligible for heaven in all certainty.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

To support the above verse, the below verse which speaks on salvation says works don't save us but faith. Isn't that exactly what the previous verse is saying?

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast

But you claim we must work by obeying God's commandments otherwise no heaven for us. Sadly for you, you have no verse to back it up.

What we need is believe which gives us eternal life according to John 3:16. But a wicked liar like you has said that the eternal life means eternity which can be spent either in hell or heaven. You will never find any verse to back that lie up with.

Eternal life means life that never ends and with God which we get for believing in Jesus. Those who don't believe in Jesus get death.

Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What is the death stated above? It is the death in the lake of fire.

Revelations 20:14 KJV
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

That is the death those who died without Jesus will face again, while those with eternal life get heaven and paradise. Don't you know that the opposite of life is death, yet you foolishly think eternal life can still lead to death. Thou fool, something eternal is everlasting. Therefore, eternal life has nothing to do with aà.

Some corrections to make. Believing in Jesus alone will not take u to paradise oo. Belief shows itself in action. Jesus said: If u luv me, keep my commandments. You just single out some bible vses and misinterpret them. Let me give u the correct meaning of that Romans 4 u quoted:
God is simply saying that if u want eternal life, u must believe in His Son. That MUST be the first step. After that, work follows. Work IS NOT the first step. Do u get it? Read Romans 3: 28,31 and u will see that faith comes first b4 work.
Many Christians are perishing 2day because of this false teaching. Christ came so that he will put away sin in ur flesh and spirit.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by FarmTech(m): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

I will advise that you go back and read the article very well. But before you do, let me explain a few things about the article.

It says our parents gave birth to us, and God gives birth to us when he saves us. When God gives birth to us, our spirit changes. It becomes like God. Since God doesn't sin, that spirit he gave birth to which is in us can never sin.

Now, our parents who gave birth to our flesh are sinners, so what they give birth to will also sin. That is why we sin in the flesh, but not in the spirit which God gave birth to.

When we die, that sinful flesh rots away while that perfect spirit goes to heaven. During the resurrection, we get given a new body which is actually the same old one but made new. This new body can never sin like the old one. That way our perfect spirit United with a perfect body and we become perfect with no ability to sin. That will happen during the resurrection.

So, you can now go back and read the article then come back and read this post.

Thank you
In this our lives, we are not perfect. But we work towards perfection. We mature from spiritual childhood to spiritual adulthood. So u cannot say that it is only the spirit that matures and not the flesh. The grace of God shud not be distorted.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by FarmTech(m): 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
kayuseful:

New birth often leads to a change of conducts, however, a change of conducts IS NOT the new birth. There are many who have quit all those things you mentioned but aren't born again.
I agree and we are saying the same thing. New birth MUST come with change of conduct. Some people think that only their spirit can be born again, not their flesh.

1 Like

Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by FarmTech(m): 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Being born again has absolutely nothing to do with your outward appearance or your conducts as a person.
I remember u clearly. U were the "Christian" that don't see anything wrong if people go naked, sing immoral songs and crack dirty jokes. U are just out to deliberately confuse people and if u don't repent, U will experience God's anger. Arguing with u is useless. Everyone shud just mark u and see the deceptive thrash u post.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkiee: 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
FarmTech:
I remember u clearly. U were the "Christian" that don't see anything wrong if people go naked, sing immoral songs and crack dirty jokes. U are just out to deliberately confuse people and if u don't repent, U will experience God's anger. Arguing with u is useless. Everyone shud just mark u and see the deceptive thrash u post.
This from a person who thinks that God is concerned with outward appearance and the lot.

God can never be angry with me... why? Because He knows who I am and He does not project such towards my person. Those of you who go around scaring people into believing that God's wrath will come to them if they do not do as you want them to are in for it though... lying in His name, not what He called you for.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 12:26am On Nov 24, 2020
FarmTech:

Being born again is simply about being born of the Spirit of God. Any change in conduct that needs to take place is at the discretion of the Spirit of God. There are absolutely no outward or behavioural demands on those who wish to become born again.

Please read the gospels to learn what Jesus Christ actually commanded as far as becoming born again is concerned. Learn to separate your own assumptions and delusions from the truth of God.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by alBHAGDADI: 9:16am On Nov 24, 2020
FarmTech:

Some corrections to make. Believing in Jesus alone will not take u to paradise oo. Belief shows itself in action. Jesus said: If u luv me, keep my commandments. You just single out some bible vses and misinterpret them. Let me give u the correct meaning of that Romans 4 u quoted:
God is simply saying that if u want eternal life, u must believe in His Son. That MUST be the first step. After that, work follows. Work IS NOT the first step. Do u get it? Read Romans 3: 28,31 and u will see that faith comes first b4 work.
Many Christians are perishing 2day because of this false teaching. Christ came so that he will put away sin in ur flesh and spirit.

There is no Bible verse that says you need something in addition to believe before you get to heaven. But there are tonnes of verses that say believe is all you need.

Here you are saying we need believe and work, even when the Bible says work is not needed but believes/faith alone.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves : it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works , lest any man should boast

The Bible went further to state that even someone who does no work but believes will be counted as righteous.

Sadly, you are trying to twist this clear scripture.

1 Like

Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by elated177: 10:18am On Nov 24, 2020
The summary of your message:

---When a person believes in this "Jesus" whom you preach, he or she receives a spirit.

---This spirit which he or she receives from you know where cannot sin.

---There is really no need for the person to change or repent from his or her sins.

---Such a person is free to sin as much as he or she likes because it is his or her flesh that is sinning and not that spirit supposedly received from you know where.

---And since this spirit you talk about cannot sin, the person can commit sexual immorality, kill, steal, lie, cheat, etc and waltz into your own version eternal life without any consequences.

---There is no such thing as repentance. And since there is no such thing as repentance, change lifestyle is not necessary

Am I wrong with this summary, albhagdadi?
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by alBHAGDADI: 10:58am On Nov 24, 2020
elated177:
The summary of your message:

---When a person believes in this "Jesus" whom you preach, he or she receives a spirit.

---This spirit which he or she receives from you know where cannot sin.

---There is really no need for the person to change or repent from his or her sins.

---Such a person is free to sin as much as he or she likes because it is his or her flesh that is sinning and not that spirit supposedly received from you know where.

---And since this spirit you talk about cannot sin, the person can commit sexual immorality, kill, steal, lie, cheat, etc and waltz into your own version eternal life without any consequences.

---There is no such thing as repentance. And since there is no such thing as repentance, change lifestyle is not necessary

Am I wrong with this summary, albhagdadi?

You are right but foolish about it.

When God says we shouldn't sin, don't you know that it is for our own good?

If you go rob a bank and you get caught, won't you end up in prison? Do you want to end up in prison? No. That is why God said we shouldn't steal. Disobeying him will lead to regrets. This applies to other sins too.

But you foolishly think those sins, which Jesus has died and paid for, can still prevent one's spirit from eternal life after he has been saved.

Those sins will punish the body just as cancer punished the smoker's skin but can never touch his sould saved by Jesus.

So, we do not sin because we love God. We do not sin because we fear the consequence of sin, not because it can prevent a saved person from heaven where he's already kept.

Get your facts right and stop being a troll

1 Like

Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by elated177: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

You are right but foolish about it.

When God says we shouldn't sin, don't you know that it is for our own good?

If you go rob a bank and you get caught, won't you end up in prison? Do you want to end up in prison? No. That is why God said we shouldn't steal. Disobeying him will lead to regrets. This applies to other sins too.

But you foolishly think those sins, which Jesus has died and paid for, can still prevent one's spirit from eternal life after he has been saved.

Those sins will punish the body just as cancer punished the smoker's skin but can never touch his sould saved by Jesus.

So, we do not sin because we love God. We do not sin because we fear the consequence of sin, not because it can prevent a saved person from heaven where he's already kept.

Get your facts right and stop being a troll

Your words are powerless as well as meaningless in addition to being useless. Therefore, they do not have the capability, capacity and ability to make me even remotely foolish.

You are a demonic agent. There is no point going into the Scriptures with you because you are set in your way and your path --- to lead people away from the path of righteousness. Therefore, it will be meaningless and a waste of time and energy engaging you in any Scriptural discourse.

You are an enemy of righteousness. Your messages are traps and snares.

1 Like

Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkiee: 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
Innobee99:
According to Jesus Christ, only those who do the Will of His Father in Heaven are His Brothers and Sisters, and Mothers.

Matthew 12 vs 46 - 50 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
46. While Jesus was talking to the people, his mother and brothers stood outside. They wanted to talk to him.
47. Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are waiting for you outside. They want to talk to you.”
48. Jesus answered, “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?”
49. Then he pointed to his followers and said, “See! These people are my mother and my brothers.
50. Yes, anyone who does what my Father in heaven wants is my true brother and sister and mother.”
Remember that even His own mother, and brothers, who were likely practising Jews at the time of this statement did not qualify to be considered His mother and brothers.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkiee: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
morinto:

Been born again is water baptism. U can read roman 6. If u read it then u will know that water baptism means death to the flesh and new birth to the,spirit
You are wrong! undecided
Rather than reading the letters of Paul for wisdom on Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, may I suggest instead that you read through the Gospels. There are only 4 of them so it should not be hard, so you can better learn what Jesus Christ in fact taught all those who will follow after Him.
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkiee: 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
Deepthoughts:
Both verses you quoted simply show that the spirit is superior to the flesh,so it should follow that is either body accepts the spirit control or the spirit departs from the body, therefore your Initial teaching should logically be that,when a born again sins it means such born again has backslided causing the spirit to depart n therefore need to quickly repent n seek the return of the holy spirit,but that would still be confusing because the holy Spirit is supposed to fortify the flesh against sin,so my simple deduction is that a true born again should not sin.
Huh? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What It Truly Means To Be Born Again by Kobojunkiee: 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Sunnyvision:
Begin born again is when we surrender to Jesus Christ has your lord and saviour through grace by the cleaning blood of Jesus, it is when we believe that is when the process of salvation take place.
if we don't believe them the process of been born again as not taken place.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

there on we live by him and obey is word, commandments and instructions because we are no more of the world and we don't practice sins. therefore we don't live of the flesh but of the
spirit of God (1 John 4 :4; 1 John 3:6 -10)

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Being Born again is not the same as being saved. Salvation comes first to all those who believe in Jesus Christ... then it is up to the one who is saved to then submit to being led by the Spirit of God in obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ... only by that can one become born of the Spirit of God.

Everyone who believes has the power to become Born again but not everyone who believes will indeed become born again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dont Be Deceived By Drawings, Jesus Was A Black Man!!! / How Can I Join Ogboni Or Something Similar / Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? Muslim View Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.