Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

The Motive. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Motive. (810 Views)

Hidden Motive - Feather's Stories / No Bra Day: A Direct Contrast Of Its Motive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Motive. by brain54(m): 10:48am On Nov 22, 2020
hi guys. so my name is brain54. (but you already know that) I am a wanna be writer.... but always too lazy to complete my works(not so lazy with some other things)
so I mostly do short stuffs...I was going through some old stuffs and came across this story I was writing back in 2008. I didn't get to complete it though...my laziness is legendary!
well,I thought to share with you guys and if I get enough views, reviews and encouragements,I might be tempted and motivated to complete it. critics are also welcome.
its a "semi true life story". names have however been altered to protect identity of individuals involved. enjoy!

THE ARREST:MY name is brain54,I work in a construction firm. I am an ordinary guy,live a normal and ordinary life- well,until the 14th of February, 2008. it was the day for lovers. how funny because I was in police detention. what else could be more romantic than spending Valentine in jail for a lover right?
I looked around the small holding cell,taking my time to study my new " room mates". there was Jones a very funny character. he kept talking, his mouth never shut for a minute. in fact,if he had nothing to say he left it hanging wide open. this was rare because he always had something to say. he is a sweet talker and had been accused of duping a man of money and goods worth millions.
there was also Chris who sat at the other corner all by himself never talking,only talking when asked a question. he talked in monosyllables. he looked rough and unkept. I also thought he looked dangerous. there was something about his eyes- blood red. well,I sopose there should because he had been found in possession of hard drugs.
I took my mind back to the events that had made me to be in the small room with my new friends.

*************""*""*"""""""""""""*****""""""""""""""""""""""""

it had been an hectic day at work and i had to close late from the office due to some files on my desk i had to take care of. on my way home,i had stopped over at the club to have a bottle of beer and chat with a few friends and to inform them that i wouldnt be at the club for the weekend. i wanted the weekend off to relax a little and put my mind in other. i want to be on my own and not be bothered by friends and family... i usually took this stance when they was something bothering me and i needed to think.
i got home and had a cold shower. i really needed it at that point. i called my best friend kunle because i hadn't seen him in for 2days. we only spoke on phone. he wasn't even in the club when i called earlier today.
i was about to start reading a copy of my favourite magazine- HOLLA ENTERTAINMENT which i had bought on my way home from work,when i heard a car drive into the compound. i stood up and walked over to the window where i saw my girl friend,a police officer and another man i could not immediately identify drop out of the car.
i walked over to my bedroom, put on a black polo shirt and walked over to the front door. i gently opened the door and there i was looking into the officer's face. " are you mr brain54"? he asked in a soft and polite voice. a voice i felt to be soft considering that he was a policeman. he was ne early dressed too. before then,my impression about the nigerian policemen was that they were illiterates,dressed shabbily,brutal and aggressive. but i hadn't had much contact with policemen up till that point. the young officer standing in front of me right now was none of the above and appearance. "yes,i am he". i replied as boldly as i could. "do you know this lady"? he asked pointing at flora my girlfriend...."yes...i do"! i replied,not taking my eyes from his face. " i would like for yöu to accompany us to the station....." he pa used then continued "....this lady here has made a complaint about you in the station. "oh..." i said in mock surprise, and taking my eyes off the officer's face for the first time since the knock and planting them on flora's face. i asked," and what are the allegations."? "when yöu get to the station,you would find out sir...i am sergeant okoro and this is her lawyer,mr bassey." he said he said pointing to the man standing beside her who looked familiar to me since...now i remembered he was her boss in the office and i had met him one time i went to check on flora at her office. "now if yöu would follow us" he said making a gesture towards the gate. "oh...certainly".i replied.

chapter 2 coming up...let me drink water and read comments on what yöu think so far...
Re: The Motive. by brain54(m): 10:57am On Nov 22, 2020
dorin27 wetin yöu think?
Re: The Motive. by dorin27(f): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2020
brain54:
dorin27 wetin yöu think?
Hmm...Not bad.

What happened when you got to the station?
Re: The Motive. by brain54(m): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2020
Re: The Motive. by dorin27(f): 11:45am On Nov 22, 2020
brain54:

i dont understand your question at all...were do questions come from sef.?just wanted your opinion as well as the opinion of others on what i wrote...dont vex! i can see my qouting yöu is irritating you..
Haba!! That's not true jare. Oya mabinu. I am sorry. Can you continue with the story now?
Re: The Motive. by brain54(m): 11:47am On Nov 22, 2020
dorin27:
Haba!! That's not true jare. Oya mabinu. I am sorry. Can you continue with the story now?
okay...i hear you ma...a bit busy now but would update soon.
Re: The Motive. by dorin27(f): 11:55am On Nov 22, 2020
brain54:

okay...i hear you ma...a bit busy now but would update soon.
Eshe sir
Re: The Motive. by lkillbrokehoes: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2020
dorin27:
True love cheesy
Re: The Motive. by brain54(m): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
True love cheesy
thanks dude...the most beautiful and down to earth woman i know on nairaland? dont flatter me jare....she's a queen!

1 Like

Re: The Motive. by dorin27(f): 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
True love cheesy
True love kee you there cheesy cheesy
Re: The Motive. by lkillbrokehoes: 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2020
brain54:

thanks dude...the most beautiful and down to earth woman i know on nairaland? dont flatter me jare....she's a queen!
You better take care of dorin27, if u break her heart I will break u because I don't play with her grin
Re: The Motive. by lkillbrokehoes: 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2020
dorin27:
True love kee you there cheesy cheesy
Nice one grin
Re: The Motive. by brain54(m): 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
You better take care of dorin27, if u break her heart I will break u because I don't play with her grin
first of all thanks for your show of concern....you are a good friend.
secondly,i like dorin...(i don't use words carelessly) but we aren't dating... neither have i asked her out....so nobody is breaking any thing for now...not hearts nor bones...at least for now...
finally...ok,no finally...will keep the "finally" to my chest,for now.we live on air!!!cheers brother and good looking out.
Re: The Motive. by lkillbrokehoes: 6:45am On Nov 23, 2020
brain54:

first of all thanks for your show of concern....you are a good friend.
secondly,i like dorin...(i don't use words carelessly) but we aren't dating... neither have i asked her out....so nobody is breaking any thing for now...not hearts nor bones...at least for now...
finally...ok,no finally...will keep the "finally" to my chest,for now.we live on air!!!cheers brother and good looking out.
Okay no qualms, I'm sure dorin27 likes u too, have a great day grin
Re: The Motive. by brain54(m): 7:01am On Nov 23, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
Okay no qualms, I'm sure dorin27 likes u too, have a great day grin
not sure about that...she just a simple and easy going person who likes being free with everyone...easy to misunderstand that....i think somebody did and got his fingers burnt.
have a great day too.
Re: The Motive. by lkillbrokehoes: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2020
brain54:

not sure about that...she just a simple and easy going person who likes being free with everyone...easy to misunderstand that....i think somebody did and got his fingers burnt.
have a great day too.
How? I don't get it
Re: The Motive. by brain54(m): 7:15am On Nov 23, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
How? I don't get it
well...maybe its not important thanks.
Re: The Motive. by lkillbrokehoes: 7:16am On Nov 23, 2020
brain54:

well...maybe it doesn't matter that much. thanks.
No problem of u don't want to say it smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Gardener's Daughter Episode 1 / OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir pt. 2 (18+) / Greatest African Books I Have Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.