Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. (1337 Views)

Do This Before You Start Saving Or Investing Money On Piggyvest / Let Me Setup Your Payoneer Account (@N1000), And Working Paypal Account (@N1000) / Piggyvest; Why You Need To Start Saving With Piggyvest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by ibechris(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2020
Are u 25 or a little above this age.

Pls,start saving and investing that little cash for the time being. Avoid keeping friends that would drain u or make u to spend on frivolities.

Nigeria isn't a funny place and things hardly gets better economically,in fact,the earlier u invest for ur tomorrow, the better u would become.

Ensure u set financial goals toward a brighter future and mingle with those who would encourage u and set u on the right path to success.

Find a mentor,a person who u might rely on for advice whenever money and investment matters are brought up.

Get a financial education early enough to avoid financial adventures that may affect u or drain ur finances as a result of poor money management.

And finally,save and invest wisely and avoid ponzi scheme that may leave u in perpetual regret.

Thanks.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 22, 2020
ibechris:

Pls,start saving and investing that little cash for the time being. Avoid keeping friends that would drain u or make u to spend on frivolities.

Nigeria isn't a funny place and things hardly gets better economically,in fact,the earlier u invest for ur tomorrow, the better u would become.

Ensure u set financial goals toward a brighter future and mingle with those who would encourage u and set u on the right path to success.

Find a mentor,a person who u might rely on for advice whenever money and investment matters are brought up.

Get a financial education early enough to avoid financial adventures that may affect u or drain ur finances as a result of poor money management.

And finally,save and invest wisely and avoid ponzi scheme that may leave u in perpetual regret.

Thanks.

Thank you so much for this advice.

3 Likes

Re: If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by blazepascal(m): 11:33am On Nov 22, 2020
Nice post op

1 Like

Re: If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by oyolohi: 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2020
*SHOUTING*

You'll be shocked the amount of money you spend if you start saving.

Since 2018, i have a spreadsheet I manage both on my mobile device and PC. Syncd.

Each and EVERY naira I spend or earn goes into the spreadsheet (Divided into Expenses and Income). Doing such financially smart things will open your eyes to lots of things you miss. At the end of each month. Tabulate using spreadsheet formulae how much you earned and spent and also subtract your expenses from your income. If it's negative then you lost that month.

You could easily visualize how much you spend of stuff like Airtime/Data, how much you truly make yourself and how much come from family, etc.

I found myself cutting lots of unnecessary things I spent on. For example, if my 1 week data expires before one week. Fire. Untill next week be that. Also, I stopped dailing all those yeye bank codes to recharge directly from bank account etc because my spreadsheet's data exposed how easily I recharged using those codes. A significant percentage of my Expenses went to data.

Get used to saving and you'll wonder why people don't become millionaires at the age of 40 at most.

ADVISE:
1. If your savings increase significantly, you'll be tempted to start investing thinking you're making a smart move. But dont. Especially if you aren't upto 30yrs.

2. Avoid sex or girlfriends technically collecting money (nothing dey there. I've been single since 2017. If you're so obsessed with sex. You can get it for free. If you know, you know)

3. Avoid MARRIAGE

4. Avoid making kids --especially if you're a man (you won't understand now)

5. Avoid data-consuming sites like Instagram etc. Wetin dey those yeye unoriginal peoples photo sef.

6. Take some time off internet periodically. You'll realize how you miss nothing at all. And if your work is based on the internet, that discovery will help you focus on only the apps and websites that matter.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by leomarz007: 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2020
[quote author=oyolohi post=96315086]*SHOUTING*

I found myself cutting lots of unnecessary things I spent on. For example, if my 1 week data expires before one week. Fire. Untill next week be that.

Ah! Bruv...of a truth I tell you and anyone who cares to heed to your insightful message. That I have been there and done that and those nos(2,5,7) are under control though itchy temptations cums 1s 1s. But I can visibly see my money laying around in the house and acct intact yielding yeye low interest sha. :-( Thing is when I calculate how much I spend every weekend all in the name of groove...I weep for myself by myself. Chai! You hustle and spend on lavish gadgets/lifestyle/women and no savings.
This life one got to have self restraint and wisdom(not knowledge).
kudos to. You get oil for head.

3 Likes

Re: If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by Samchi4christ(m): 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2020
Check on my signature below and start to invest. Practical experience is the best teacher.
Re: If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by ibechris(m): 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2020
oyolohi:
*SHOUTING*

You'll be shocked the amount of money you spend if you start saving.

Since 2018, i have a spreadsheet I manage both on my mobile device and PC. Syncd.

Each and EVERY naira I spend or earn goes into the spreadsheet (Divided into Expenses and Income). Doing such financially smart things will open your eyes to lots of things you miss. At the end of each month. Tabulate using spreadsheet formulae how much you earned and spent and also subtract your expenses from your income. If it's negative then you lost that month.

You could easily visualize how much you spend of stuff like Airtime/Data, how much you truly make yourself and how much come from family, etc.

I found myself cutting lots of unnecessary things I spent on. For example, if my 1 week data expires before one week. Fire. Untill next week be that. Also, I stopped dailing all those yeye bank codes to recharge directly from bank account etc because my spreadsheet's data exposed how easily I recharged using those codes. A significant percentage of my Expenses went to data.

Get used to saving and you'll wonder why people don't become millionaires at the age of 40 at most.

ADVISE:
1. If your savings increase significantly, you'll be tempted to start investing thinking you're making a smart move. But dont. Especially if you aren't upto 30yrs.

2. Avoid sex or girlfriends technically collecting money (nothing dey there. I've been single since 2017. If you're so obsessed with sex. You can get it for free. If you know, you know)

3. Avoid MARRIAGE

4. Avoid making kids --especially if you're a man (you won't understand now)

5. Avoid data-consuming sites like Instagram etc. Wetin dey those yeye unoriginal peoples photo sef.

6. Take some time off internet periodically. You'll realize how you miss nothing at all. And if your work is based on the internet, that discovery will help you focus on only the apps and websites that matter.

I agree with all u have written except one.

Avoid marriage.

Except u meant to avoid early marriage which I know could render one inexplicably poor.

3 Likes

Re: If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 27, 2021
ibechris:

Thanks.

You are very much correct Sir..
I have always told my kid bro same thing.. Start early and stop wasting time. Life realities set in when you are a little above 30years and you begin to see life differently..
The quest to live , marry, have financial freedom, be independent and also do well/enjoy a good life becomes a thing of burden...
You begin to see how lonely you become as you age.
The government wont help you and neither would you get help from the Persons you much expected they would help you..
Anybody that has an income can achieve any financial height he/she desires if only the Person is disciplined and determined...
Nigeria is one of the worst country to live as a Poor Man cos you provide everything for yourself.. Education, Roads, Health, Security etc...
You realise that you need money to be able to afford living in this part of the world.

Dont play with your financial life!
Every cash in your hand is a seed that must grow and bear fruits!!
If you refuse the discipline and sacrifice for a better tomorrow now, you wont refuse the regret or pain if you fail to fulfil purpose and destiny...

4 Likes

Re: If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by franchuks(m): 7:14am On Apr 06, 2021
Well said. No truer words have ever been said.

1 Like

Re: If U Are 25 And Working,pls Start Saving. by Mobog(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2021
This is a so encouraging...I thank God for my lifw

(1) (Reply)

TAMER AI Trading Bot / Skyebank Shares. What Is Your Opinion. / Fantastic Business Opportunity In Alakuko!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.