Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,592,319 members, 6,012,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 November 2020 at 12:51 AM

Nigerian Economy Suffers Another Recession See Reaction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy Suffers Another Recession See Reaction (75 Views)

Dino Malaye Show Off His Father As They Hug Each Other, See Reaction / APC Suffers Another Setback As Fake Ballard Letter Is Debunked / See Reaction From People As Buhari Passes Adeniji Adele Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Economy Suffers Another Recession See Reaction by OptimistSky(m): 5:37pm On Nov 22
As these restrictions were lifted, businesses re-opened and international travel and trading activities resumed, some economic activities have returned to positive growth,” NBS stated.

It added that the economy grew negatively by 3.62 per cent year-on-year in real term during the period. Recall that Nigeria entered its first recession in 29 years in 2016 but exited it in the second quarter of 2017. Cumulatively, the economy has contracted by -2.48 per cent in the first nine months of 2020. NBS noted further that although the third quarter performance was an improvement of 2.48 percentage points over the –6.10 per cent growth of Q2 2020, it also indicated that two consecutive quarters of negative growth have been recorded in 2020.

Furthermore, growth in Q3 2020 was slower by 5.90 percentage points when compared to the third quarter of 2019 which recorded a real growth rate of 2.28 per cent year on year.

Read full article here.

https://optimistsky.com/blog/22/11/2020/nigeria-economy-suffers-another-recession/

(1) (Reply)

The Fascist Liberal/left And Those That Hate Donald Trump (part 1) / Government Officials. / On Your Marks....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.