Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:55 PM

Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? (77102 Views)

10 Strange Professions That No Longer Exist / I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. / COVID-19: Which Professions Earn More Money During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by gonkin(m): 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
Police, exams and records add those to the list
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Event14(f): 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
Being in a profession doesn't make you a rude person per say. Imagine one nurse be in charge of over 20 patients during a shift, the work load including some very rude patients and relatives insulting you on top the job, and you have to make sure you do everything before the end of your shift. Some persons can bear the insults anf still smile at it even begging cos they might just attack you. But most persons have very low stress threshold who wouldn't tolerate that. It happens in all profession not only the one ones mentioned above, it's an individual thing and not by being in a particular profession.
I am nurse, when I'm on duty, I make sure I joke with my patients, smile with them, play with them, beg them if need be cos I small, and I not fit make one patient or relatives beat me join the small salary wey I dey get.
Most patients and thier relatives are too rude arrogant and very provocative and they already have the notion that nurses are rude and they come prepared ready to attack anyone.

It's unfair though

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
It's the general attitude with poor people. The rich are very polite and humble.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by adams123: 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
The bottom line be say, they lack fear of GOD ALMIGHTY. That's the reason!
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
SirMichael1:
Really, i do not blame them one bit. The thing is, most people would rather talk first than think because they've got 'these' particular set of people that must listen. I remember when i was the corper's liason officer of my local government. I remember how particularly tiring and frustrating it was to explain things to people, things that a normal human with an average intelligence will take a few seconds to ponder upon and figure out but these corpers would rather keep asking dumb questions just because i must listen and reply. Imagine filling out a form and just because you're asked in different section what your state code is, you'll now enquire from me if you really have to fill all of them because you've filled one already.

Shey the people that gave you the form are stupid ni?

The annoying thing is, you'll get asked that same question by almost all corps members and you'll keep answering them. At a point, i had to have a 'no-bullshit-mode' and particularly began to keep a rude face. They made me.

Senseless excuse. I hope you don't ever become a customer service personnel or business owner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
Lawly:

Na wa oòooo. I remember back then in uniben, I entered the shuttle bus from maingate going towards hall 3. There was this idiot man that works at the Dean of students office was sitting behind me. The man wanted to stop at the Dean of students office and the next thing that happened, the man started using his hands to rob my head consistently. I complained bitterly and asked him to stop doing that. He responded by saying "This one wey you dey so, you are even worse than dead body." I wanted to attack him straight on but I restrained myself upon realising that I am close to my final year and uniben was always expelling students who were victims of circumstances in the hands of uniben staffs including the lowest admin staffs and never gave any of the students fair hearing.

Can we see ur pic so as to confirm if he's just saying the truth? Truth dey pain sometimes o grin grin
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Cousin9999: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
People who deal with the public a lot deal with a fair amount of disrespect. Some of that is rudeness, and some is angry customers because of some service issue. It wears on anyone. Some handle it better than others. Also, many are underpaid, so that also factors in. That said, some people are just ignorant, incompetent, and shouldn't be doing that job.

Medical jobs are hard. Many people get burned out and have to quit. It's hard dealing with all the difficult things they see and have to do every day. Many who last in the job are strong people and/or those who can maintain emotional distance. Even these people still have similar issues. There's also the fact that some are underpaid, understaffed, and frankly, the public doesn't appreciate what they do enough. That said, some people show a coarseness that reveals a fundamental flaw in their reasoning that makes them an incompetent, ineffective provider.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Aromaticshnnap(m): 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
OP, you have to check your quarreling ability �
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by gulfer: 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
From your list, I can boldly say doctors are not rude and are most times sweet and helpful. Only the frustrated ones who nearly did not make it out of medical school are always aggressive and warlike.....MO though. cool cool
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by SirMichael1: 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
nenyewrites:

Senseless excuse. I hope you don't ever become a customer service personnel or business owner.
Lol. In nigeria where people just hop on any job, it's safe to say that most people don't love their job and that's why a cc will hang the call on you 'cause they don't give a shit over what you should understand but you chose not to.

Then again, I'm into business and I don't get to meet dumb folks, so what gives?

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by masterflowx(m): 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
pozehnani:
Job pressure.

Maybe Bankers! but others are very rude
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by frog12: 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
naija doctors. the young ones have GOD COMPEXES! they think they are better than everyone
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by JastSiryin(m): 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
CoderX:
You forgot School Admins? Those ones lack manners as if there's no tomorrow... grin

If you see the way university staff address students ehn... It makes one feel like slapping them cos they are the opposite of what they preach. They misbehave cos they know students don't have a choice. angry
University staff are the worst i swear. I always wondered if they didn't have kids. We really just have a very lax system in this country. I'm of the view that things such as courtesy in the organizational setting should be compulsory. People should never be left to their on volition when it comes to according people with basic respect.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by higgs: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
The people You accuse of being rude are actually the ones who genuinely earn their pay in Nigeria. You omitted the government workers, most of whom are paid salaries for doing little or nothing. There is no excuse for being rude though.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by confydoedowaye(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
Bankers are very rude, They make some customers look like beggers, one day robots will replace them... Idiots...

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
JastSiryin:
University staff are the worst i swear. I always wondered if they didn't have kids. We really just have a very lax system in this country. I'm of the view that things such as courtesy in the organizational setting should be compulsory. People should never be left to their on volition when it comes to according people with basic respect.

Exactly... Some of them are so senseless and forget that respect is reciprocal.

But when a student says pim, he/she's in trouble. They operate tertiary institutions like a mafia gang.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
CoderX:
You forgot School Admins? Those ones lack manners as if there's no tomorrow... grin

If you see the way university staff address students ehn... It makes one feel like slapping them cos they are the opposite of what they preach. They misbehave cos they know students don't have a choice. angry
exactly. those ones are devils! Especially the Non teaching staffs.They are nothing, can't even lecture. na so one wey dey somewhere like counter dey call next for student give me insult because of simple question. My papa mate oh. If no be omoluabi wey I for insult him condition that day.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by babtoundey(m): 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
I have never experienced the rudeness of a doctor or a nurse. I had had no course to visit hospital.

But NEPA staff (particular those that go from house to house to distribute bills) and the bankers, those people are rude, so rude that you think you're dreaming when they try to be nice to you.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Candycrushy(f): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
Especially those nurses
Godairpus in this country
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by pozehnani(f): 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
masterflowx:

Maybe Bankers! but others are very rude

Some bankers are rude o. It's now that banking job is no longer high profile like those days that they have mellowed down.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by qwertie1234: 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
ukaface:
Been a nurse in Nigeria, Na another wahala o

You would always been seen as rude , or a sexual object/ freak.
It is well
i understand your plight but lets be very honest here, some of your colleques arent reallyhelping matters....
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by afoxyib(m): 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
ethicallyright:
Nigerian nurses are used as domestic servants by doctors that they are older than sometimes. This causes deep inferiority complex and aggression which they transfer on patients who book an appointment with a doctor through them . Each time a patient gets to a doctor through them in a hospital, they are reminded of their gross irrelevance in the scheme of things. Have you ever heard of "Nurses strike"? That's how irrelevant they are. I'm describing auxiliary nurses here not matrons and midwives.

Employees you meet at commercial banks are not necessarily banking professionals who understand accounting and economics. Those that collect deposits and customer service officials are usually contract staffs who are made to work like slaves for cheap wages. The only difference between these people and the bank security is their uniform. You most likely have never spoken with a real banker at a bank. The real bankers stay in inner rooms and enjoy their lives.

When you see a "NEPA" staff , there is a high probability that he is coming to disconnect your line because of debt. If you are honest and pay your electricity bills , they will start smiling at you like they smile at me.

Most Nigerian doctors become angry when they remember that you will give their credit to your pastors as testimonies in church. It's really a frustrating thing to think about.
Bro you are very wrong, nurses are very relevant and independent in health sector. You can go to teaching hospitals to confirm that but you maybe right looking at it in the aspect of auxiliary nurses. Unfortunately auxiliary nurses (quacks) are being referred to as nurses by the society which is really degrading nursing profession. That's why most nurses prefer working outside Nigeria where they will be respected and well renumerated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by saphiya(f): 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
I'm a nurse and I am not rude

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by frog12: 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
you talk as if your country is the RICHEST in the world! hahahahahhah

humilitypays:
Nurses and Doctors own is as a result of work pressure with very poor pay.

A Nigerian nurse working in a private hospital earn between NGN40,000 to NGN95,000 at most, while those in government hospital earn between NGN80,000 to NGN130,000 and these people are expected to care for critically ill patients cheerfully....they see injuries and blood and what have you every minute till they close from work, mostly under poor working condition, and poor pay, while their mates abroad earn their monthly salary per hour and working under favorable working condition with improved equipment.

Tell me why a Nurse or Doctor in Nigeria should be happy and smiling while caring for patients

The money she is earning cannot take care of her needs yet you expect her to take care of you with joy, how

Same with Doctors. I pity Doctors and Nurses in Nigeria, those guys are being cheated in Nigeria.

The worst people are Nigerian higher institution administration staffs; they are all mad people!

To collect ordinary certificate or transcript, you will spend months all because of wicked and inhumane non academic staffs.

In fact Nigeria need to be demolished completely
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
I've had a good nurse. Beautiful, gentle and always with a smile on her face. She had a warm touch too.she made the process less stressful. Until her shift ended.. the new nurse na indaboski. Everything na force. No greeting, no smiling.

I wish people did their job happily. If you no do resign, rather than take it out on those who put you there-Customers.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
Omoluabi16:
exactly. those ones are devils! Especially the Non teaching staffs.They are nothing, can't even lecture. na so one wey dey somewhere like counter dey call next for student give me insult because of simple question. My papa mate oh. If no be omoluabi wey I for insult him condition that day.

Lol... If u insult am back dem fit say u be cultist. cheesy grin

Very wicked people...

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by SirLakes: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
Banker ke, I go yab you back if you try shii with me

Asin... ontop my money...ko jo grin
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by qwertie1234: 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
bassdow:

Did you Notice a Very Very Large Chunk of those in Professions mentioned above, are WoMEN ?
its true o...most male nurses i have encountered are cool headed...same with male bankers
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by afoxyib(m): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
qwertie1234:

are the nurses that irrelevant in the hospital setting to borne such level of inferiority complex causing them to be unreasonably hard on patients as u opined? i used to think they are bosses on their own and their job role distinctive from that of doctors...
for your question, i have never heard of nurse striking alone except collectively under the umbrella of a particular union( cant remember the name)
No mind that guy, he only visit private hospitals and most of them employ quacks (auxiliary nurses). He even indicated that.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by nnamdi640: 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
You forgot to add lecturers especially mathematics lecturers. If those people do you something,you will know that some people are naturally born to be wicked.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Enahi(f): 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
ethicallyright:
Nigerian nurses are used as domestic servants by doctors that they are older than sometimes. This causes deep inferiority complex and aggression which they transfer on patients who book an appointment with a doctor through them . Each time a patient gets to a doctor through them in a hospital, they are reminded of their gross irrelevance in the scheme of things. Have you ever heard of "Nurses strike"? That's how irrelevant they are. I'm describing auxiliary nurses here not matrons and midwives.

Employees you meet at commercial banks are not necessarily banking professionals who understand accounting and economics. Those that collect deposits and customer service officials are usually contract staffs who are made to work like slaves for cheap wages. The only difference between these people and the bank security is their uniform. You most likely have never spoken with a real banker at a bank. The real bankers stay in inner rooms and enjoy their lives.

When you see a "NEPA" staff , there is a high probability that he is coming to disconnect your line because of debt. If you are honest and pay your electricity bills , they will start smiling at you like they smile at me.

Most Nigerian doctors become angry when they remember that you will give their credit to your pastors as testimonies in church. It's really a frustrating thing to think about.

You sound very bitter & sad. Referring to people as slaves shows that u ve nothing to offer in life & have lots of regrets.

My two cents though!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? / Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.