Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja (3557 Views)

Nigerians Mock Tinubu For Blasting Kachikwu Instead Of PMB Over Petrol Scarcity / Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying / Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2011
March 19, 2011
01:10PM

Petrol scarcity has hit Nigeria's capital, Abuja, and the nation's commercial capital, Lagos, as long queues were noticed at some filling stations on Friday. When NEXT visited the NNPC MEGA station on Olusegun Obasanjo way in Abuja, both private and commercial motorists were seen struggling to fill their tanks. A petrol attendant who simply identified herself as Esther said "petrol tankers are on strike". In Lagos also, many motorists were seen in lines for fuel.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5684243-146/story.csp
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by fashoga(m): 12:28am On Mar 20, 2011
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by dayokanu(m): 12:31am On Mar 20, 2011
I thought fuel supply was the main campaign point of GEJ
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Mar 20, 2011
Same here ooo. I am on Facebook asking each and every one of them what happened to the "JONATHAN SAVED US FROM FUEL SCARCITY" talk. lol
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by blacksta(m): 1:13am On Mar 20, 2011
dayokanu:

I thought fuel supply was the main campaign point of GEJ

lol - Even that one is falling apart
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Pharoh: 11:49am On Mar 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Same here ooo. I am on Facebook asking each and every one of them what happened to the "JONATHAN SAVED US FROM FUEL SCARCITY" talk. lol

But you can clearly see the reason up there for the cause of this scarcity that can be easily fixed and normalized?.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Beaf: 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
Stone throwers might not understand the difference between tanker drivers going on strike and the sort of fuel scarcity we used to have in the past. Thank God for fruit and veg at a young age, they make the brain function properly. grin
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Pataki: 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2011
I am expecting the mumuchukwu jonathan to come on facebook and state that just as he solved kerosene scarcity, he is now putting in place proper institutions to fight the fuel scarcity.

That goatluck sef. grin
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Johndoe100(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2011
Beaf:

Stone throwers might not understand the difference between tanker drivers going on strike and the sort of fuel scarcity we used to have in the past. Thank God for fruit and veg at a young age, they make the brain function properly. grin

What makes you think they have brains?
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by otokx(m): 1:13pm On Mar 20, 2011
The petrol tanker drivers are protesting the outrageous price of diesel which is now between 160 - 170 in Nigeria.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by egift(m): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2011
The only teeth wey day fowl mouth don fall comot grin grin grin
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2011
The petrol tanker drivers are protesting the outrageous price of diesel which is now between 160 - 170 in Nigeria.

that one is yardua's legacy

vote Johnathan and he promises to solve that issue in 2019
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by mrofficial(m): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2011
Indirect gaffe by GEJ, mr lucky. grin grin grin
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by xremmy(m): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2011
The situation has been resolved as I just bought fuel now and there was no queue. As much as we feed on negativity for any reason, it shall surely transcend into our psyche and affect our lives.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by mrofficial(m): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2011
^^ Where do you live? Agbara? loool. Come to my area.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by mboma1: 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2011
d dynamics of rising oil prices and deregulated diesel market should explain d price hike.d president has so far handled d issues wt d downstream sector verywell.abusing d president-mumuchukwu,goatluck etc is uncalled for.vote d candidate of ur choice come april and ensure ur vote counts.thankyou
Pataki:

I am expecting the mumuchukwu jonathan to come on facebook and state that just as he solved kerosene scarcity, he is now putting in place proper institutions to fight the fuel scarcity.

That goatluck sef. grin
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by bechex(m): 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
mr.official:

Yea its been resolved, if there is still any que anywhere it should be due to ignorance of the resolution and panic buying
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2011
Pharoh:

But you can clearly see the reason up there for the cause of this scarcity that can be easily fixed and normalized?.

Are you suggesting there were no reasons before now for fuel scarcities? Come on now!!! Stop trying to APOLOGIZE for this as well and tackle what we know. The very first thing on most every list of accomplishments that I have been able to squeeze out from the few over the last 8 months has been this particular --- NO MORE FUEL SCARCITY. Fuel Scarcity has always had various causes and this has equally been one of those in the past. So if we now find that it still exists, it is absolutely sensible to ask what happened to the promise?
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by brabus(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
There will always be one thing to blame the scarcity on,
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Pharoh: 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Are you suggesting there were no reasons before now for fuel scarcities?

No i am not suggesting that but you will agree with me that the major reasons why we used to had fuel scarcity has been fixed hence that promise that there will be no more scarcity of fuel. My point was there is no need to condemn the government rather they should be encouraged to fix it when this new situation just developed to threaten the promise.

Kobojunkie:

Fuel Scarcity has always had various causes and this has equally been one of those in the past. So if we now find that it still exists, it is absolutely sensible to ask what happened to the promise?

I agree with you that there has been various causes of fuel scarcity which this is one of them but you do realize that this is one of the easiest to fix?. It is sensible to ask what happened to the promise and the answer was there right in the article ( strike by the tank drivers ). So that's why i asked that is not better to encourage or reach out to the government how they can solve this new ugly development instead of condemning them here on nairaland?.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2011
Pharoh:

I agree with you that there has been various causes of fuel scarcity which this is one of them but you do realize that this is one of the easiest to fix?. It is sensible to ask what happened to the promise and the answer was there right in the article ( strike by the tank drivers ). So that's why i asked that is not better to encourage or reach out to the government how they can solve this new ugly development instead of condemning them here on nairaland?.

The point again is FUEL SCARCITY is here again. Whether you believe it is easier to fix or not, is not the issue. People don't really care of that. We have had strikes like these lasting weeks, and people only wonder, and care what will happen to them for however long this lasts. Even more Why THIS AGAIN, and why so soon, barely a year after they have been led to believe it is over.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2011
Goodluck can take you up, but cant keep you there. Experience is the best teacher. Jona failed me.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Pharoh: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The point again is FUEL SCARCITY is here again. Whether you believe it is easier to fix or not, is not the issue. People don't really care of that. We have had strikes like these lasting weeks, and people only wonder, and care what will happen to them for however long this lasts. Even more Why THIS AGAIN, and why so soon, barely a year after they have been led to believe it is over.

I understand your point but the actual people on ground who are experiencing the effects are not complaining much because they are very objective and see reasons why there is fuel scarcity again. They also know that the government is working to fix it which has already yielded partial results but not full judging from the comments on this thread. Some said it is back to normal why those against him are making a mountain out of it because it still exist in their vicinity. I am very sure that this will be fixed before the end of this month and just try and check the following feedback below.

xremmy:

The situation has been resolved as I just bought fuel now and there was no queue. As much as we feed on negativity for any reason, it shall surely transcend into our psyche and affect our lives.

bechex:

Yea its been resolved, if there is still any que anywhere it should be due to ignorance of the resolution and panic buying
mr.official:

Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2011
Pharoh:

I understand your point but the actual people on ground who are experiencing the effects are not complaining much because they are very objective and see reasons why there is  fuel scarcity again. They also know that the government is working to fix it which has already yielded partial results but not full judging from the comments on this thread. Some said it is back to normal why those against him are making a mountain out of it because it still exist in their vicinity. I am very sure that this will be fixed before the end of this month and just try and check the following feedback below.

BULL!! I have family on ground who have already had to cancel travel/business plans as a result. Stop pretending you are blind to what people feel of this.

What are you going to try to tell us next? People love the idea of queuing for hours to get access to fuel now?? GOSH!!
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Eagle75: 5:06pm On Mar 20, 2011
Some folks on NL in their bid to score some cheap political points are just not making sense any longer, otherwise how can you tell me for the fact that fuel Scarcity hits Lagos/ Abuja for couple of days, and for some obvious reasons is now a minus to GEJ.Meanwhile it has been resolved ooh and 35 States of the 36 States plus Abuja that made up Nigeria did not witness the scarcity at all.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Pharoh: 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

BULL!! I have family on ground who have already had to cancel travel/business plans as a result. Stop pretending you are blind to what people feel of this.

What are you going to try to tell us next? People love the idea of queuing for hours to get access to fuel now?? GOSH!!

I am not blind and i do feel for those affected one or the other but the government is trying to resolve it. Where did you get the idea that i am going to suggest that people will love the idea of queuing up?. The government is trying to fix a scarcity that just affected only two states and there is no point making a mountain out of it. No society is perfect but my point is the negativity on nairaland is just out of order.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Remii(m): 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2011
Diesel is now N165 per liter from N105 some weeks ago. This is happening in a country where there is no adequate power supply. Most businesses are now spending almost half of their revenue buying diesel alone. Grandmas in the villages have resulted to cooking with coal and woods since buying kerosene would take 75% of stipends from their kids.
The trick Government is using is to keep Petrol at N65 and do whatever with other petroleum products, since they know that PMS is the only one that people make noise about.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Eziachi: 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2011
Eagle75:

Some folks on NL in their bid to score some cheap political points are just not making sense any longer, otherwise how can you tell me for the fact that fuel Scarcity hits Lagos/ Abuja for couple of days, and for some obvious reasons is now a minus to GEJ.Meanwhile it has been resolved ooh  and 35 States of the 36 States plus Abuja that made up Nigeria did not witness the scarcity at all.
Don't blame folks on NL but blame Jonathan and his foot soldiers on NL for using the jingle that Fuel scarcity is dead thanks to miracle worker Jonathan.
They made this his biggest achievement in office, his legacy and his campaign chief weapon. Then suddenlly fuel scarcity appeared, so whether it appeared in one local government council or not is not the point.

What policy did Jonathan initiated originally to solve the problem? Where was that magic tonic, that this dead/buried scarcity problem should rear its ugly head again?

Everyone in Nigeria knew the factors that causes fuel scarcity over the years of which few of them is natural and majority of them caused by the owners of Nigeria, exactly the same people sponsoring Jonathan's campaign.

So when you guys claimed that Jonathan has solve this problem, I will like someone to tell me what he did exactly which others before him never did that made the difference?

Its politics. Buhari is running as Mr no corruption, what do think his opponent will do if suddenly we see where he starched some unexplained wealth. Will his opponents accept the excuse that it was just a small amount?
In politics do not make a wild claim over something that you know that can change outside your control or it will come to haunt you.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
Pharoh:

I am not blind and i do feel for those affected one or the other but the government is trying to resolve it. Where did you get the idea that i am going to suggest that people will love the idea of queuing up?. scarcity that[b]The government is trying to fix[/b] a  just affected only two states and there is no point making a mountain out of it. No society is perfect but my point is the negativity on nairaland is just out of order.

Dude, have you ever been able to convince we with the bull you have offered me to date? NO! So why keep trying to feed me what I keep telling you is trash argument? Again, we were told we had been SAVED from Fuel Scarcity. Nigeria is an Oil Country for crying out loud. So, for you to tell me now that yes there is fuel scarcity but no, the government is fixing it, leads me to believe you are just as misinformed when it comes to what you try  to feed people.

Now, I am not insulting you as a person -- I have seen people argue this way for years on here, but at some point you have to really consider what you try to feed people and wonder if you yourself would even swallow it up if you were fed the same from the other side of this or any argument.  grin

For the umpteenth time, people have a right to be angry and to voice their anger and disappointment. That you cannot stomach it does not mean they are out of order. It simply means you are being BIASED and probably need to stop hanging around those who do not share your view.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by omanzo02: 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
@Poster,

Its tanker drivers that are on strike and not unavailabilty at lifting depot.

I was on holiday in Greece when tanker drivers went on strike for some days, The queue at filling station was longer than I ever witness in Nigeria, If it were in Nigeria they would blame it on GEJ. GEJ this, GEJ that.

Seem excessive akpu has blocked some people's sense of reasoning. Na waooo! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by Reference(m): 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2011
Heard it had to do with some kidnapping issue involving one of the union top shots or something like that. Not sure. Y,knw the usual rumour mill. Anyway its over and the queues are being cleared so don't hoard the stuff and turn your apartment into a Japanese nuclear plant with all these political and economic tremors happening around.

If its cos of diesel why strike. I thought that greasy stuff was deregulated and with the surge in oil prices what do we expect.
Re: Petrol Scarcity Hits Lagos And Abuja by MaiSuya(m): 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2011
Thankfully the queues seems to be reducing

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will Benefit Nigerians Most? Pls Advice A Governor! / 30 + CASUALITIES RECORDED In Jos BOMB BLAST AT terminus market / Jonathan To Lose Delta State To Apc Over Tompolo . May Get 20% Of Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.