Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice (20379 Views)

Osun Tribunal To Take Final Addresses From Parties On Friday 13th January. / Malami Signed ID Card Of Policeman Who Led Raid On Justice Odili's Residence / PDP Rallies 39 Parties On Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by adenigga(m): 7:59am On Nov 23, 2020
Ahead of the 2023 general elections, the Coalition of Northern Elders for Peace and Development has thrown its weight behind an Igbo presidency, insisting that the position should be zoned to the region.

The group explained that its position was borne out of the “need for all parts of the country to be fairly and equitably treated in the nation’s political affairs.”

Stating that the southeast had been marginalised in the scheme of things, the coalition, however, appealed to both the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the main opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to field Igbo candidates come 2023.

On the other hand, the northerners appealed to other zones to back Ndigbo in their quest to produce Nigeria’s first citizen in the next political dispensation.

In a statement yesterday in Abuja by its National Coordinator, Zana Goni, and National Women Leader, Mario Bichi, the group insisted that southeast should produce the next president “to maintain the culture of the rotational presidency between the North and South, which has helped to douse the political tension in Nigeria.

“We, therefore, recommend that it should be continued for now for the good of the federation.”

The agitators noted that “since President Buhari is from the north, the right thing is that after his eight-year tenure, the next president should come from southern Nigeria. And since South West and South-South have occupied the office in the current dispensation, the South East is next in line in the spirit of the rotation principle, fairness, equity, and justice.

“This will bring an end to the manifest marginalisation of the South East. This will foster national unity and also bring to a close the bitterness of the Biafra civil war, which has lingered for 50 years since the end of hostilities and engender unity.”

They lauded leaders of southeast extraction for not taking cessation as an option despite the “inglorious activities of the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, (IPOB) Mazi Nnamdi Kanu,” which the coalition accused of attempting to “destabilise Nigeria’s unity by hiding under the delayed Igbo presidency.”

Source:
https://m.guardian.ng/Metro/Northern-group-backs-2023-Igbo-presidency-charges-parties-on-justice

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 23, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Me I don't support neither the North, South or East. In as much you will be a better president like Good luck or you improve better than him, boom you will be valued Sir.

Nigeria need a better change!!

Modified!!!
Fussion1000:

That's childish and irrational opinion.

The way Nigeria is structured, in which people always feel marginalised and also winner takes all in 9ja elections call for every region to taste presidency.

Really, tasting for power should be pass around like children game? Infaçt this statement has shown how chidish your verdict is. We are tired of passing around politics all we want Is a change, Nigeria have grown to complacent over the years and the change should start now .

If passing of power was responsible as you insinuate, then we would have seen better government than now. When Obasanjo was on throne the level of castigation from people was much some term him as a corrupt leader. Good luck regime was awesome just that bokoharam spoiled everything despite that His regime was the best. And now we have this derelict leader call buhari who lack absolutely dexterity to handle the affairs of Nigeria and you can testify to the hardship and bemusement. So after this era what do you think Nigeria to expect next, tasting of power from one ethical group to the other or a competent man who have the enablement to handle Nigeria at large irrespective of his religion and geographical location.

Do you have any thoughts to oppose this, let me hear !

I don't understand how some of this Igbo people think ?? This one you are just mentioning me have shown how shallow your thinking is. I love every tribe just that I don't support any either. Am from the North and Buhari on throne I don't support him. Did I show any tribal difference? I only don't support tribalism as the basis for presidency. a competent and enabling man is awesome in as much he can handle Nigeria . if it's an Igbo man so be it or North or west. I don't value tribalism in politics, what I value capability and dexterity to handle our dear Nation is what I envasaige for, that all.

If you mention me abusing me, I won't reply..

37 Likes

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Yenefer(f): 8:07am On Nov 23, 2020
Igbo kwenu! Igbo kwenu!!
Igbos are the most industrious tribe in Nigeria
We might hand them over to see if they will improve the economy.
Goodluck jonathan 2023
We are was advised to start supporting jonathan
Sai Jonathan

8 Likes

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Freestainworld(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2020
Another way of trying to eat pepper soup with the brains of the Igbo's.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by adenigga(m): 8:23am On Nov 23, 2020
Freestainworld:
Another way of trying to eat pepper soup with the brains of the Igbo's.

.......ah!!!....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Fahdiga(m): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2020
Though I'm Yoruba but I think an Igbo man is what Nigeria needs at the moment. they are the only people capable of steering this country to greatness. every reasonable Nigerian should clamour for Igbo president or Nigeria perish

135 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Harrykn: 8:28am On Nov 23, 2020
Borno and Kaduna a ++?
You niqqas like playing with my head.
Igbo president 2023

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by adenigga(m): 9:14am On Nov 23, 2020
ThEGodFaThEr101:

It still doesn't change the fact that you're one of the biggest Mumu on NAIRALAND

Haba.....

2 Likes

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by loveth360(f): 9:25am On Nov 23, 2020
Fear of division.

Last last Nigeria must divide.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by etrouble: 9:37am On Nov 23, 2020
Justice is contesting the primaries in a free and fair manner. Obasanjo contested PDP ticket against Alex Ekwueme and defeated the Flattino hands down. That is Justice. No one or party will zone the presidnetial ticket to your village or family house. Come out and contest with others or float your candidate under your regional party APGA after all we Yorubas too presented Olu Falae under our party AD.

Imagine Yorubas presenting two of our sons in two different parties while others are wailing and crying. Sense will not kill us.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by ATEAMS: 9:42am On Nov 23, 2020
Politics ways
Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 23, 2020
ibo need to be tried in the next election

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by slawormiir: 9:43am On Nov 23, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....
This is what ipob should be fighting for not that dead biafra agitation that can never see the light of day

Biafra is a dream and goal that can be realized and actualized

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by cynthia500(f): 9:43am On Nov 23, 2020
“Action is the foundational key to all success. I never dreamt of success, I worked for it.
Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by yeyeboi(m): 9:43am On Nov 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by ThatFairGuy1: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2020
Fahdiga:
Though I'm Yoruba but I think an Igbo man is what Nigeria needs at the moment. they are the only people capable of steering this country to greatness. every reasonable Nigerian should clamour for Igbo president or Nigeria perish
When will you be proud of where you are from?
You're an Ipob Terrorist and everyone knows
Sammy07:

Nibo ni won fi Ori e sole si ni Ile odua, so Oriki Ilu e.

but you told me not quite long that you're igbo living in SW?

Don't mind him. He should just translate what you wrote into English to prove he truly is.

If he could Because Even Emeka from Enugu (Johnnyessence) writes in Yoruba, I'LL ASK HIM JUST A QUESTION AND I'LL AGREE WITH HIM AFTERWARD IF HE COULD ANSWER

16 Likes

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Sammy07: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2020
Fahdiga:

Nibo ni won fi Ori e sole si ni Ile odua, so Oriki Ilu e.

but you told me not quite long that you're igbo living in SW?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Ihatemumu: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2020
Everybody was born equal,
no skills
no knowledge
embedded talent.

The USA, UK, and other developed countries created an excellent environment for their youths to grow and acquire Skills, Knowledge.

Africa kills its youths by prioritizing their pockets at the expense of their development.

If you think Nigeria's solution is by putting an Igbo man in power, then your level of foolishness is astronomical in size, I am Igbo by origin and cannot deny the fact that my tribe has been marginalized, but Nigeria will never get to the level or pace of developed countries if we keep on making emotional, religious decisions and not thinking ahead.

"Restructure this country to the point that even if the Devil is President, he will only have thr option to be good"

Nigeria is very important to this history of the black race, if Nigeria cannot be fixed by ourselves then its shows somethings isn't right with the black race

12 Likes

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by armadeo(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2020
Haha
Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by ThatFairGuy1: 9:45am On Nov 23, 2020
According to my brother Helinues,
IGBO PRESIDENCY SHOULD ALWAYS BE MOVE TO JOKE SECTION

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 23, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Me I don't support neither the North, South or East. In as much you will be a better president like Good luck or you improve better than him, boom you will be valued Sir.

Nigeria need a better change!!

That's childish and irrational opinion.

The way Nigeria is structured, in which people always feel marginalised and also winner takes all in 9ja elections call for every region to taste presidency.

Every region has more than enough qualified indigenes to be a president.

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 23, 2020
Igbos are so easy to manipulate since all they care about is money, so anything goes

4 Likes

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by GuyWise(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2020
Nna mehnnnnnnn

Igbo man presidency will bring any one of these two, to steer the country in the right direction or an outright division of the country.

It's a win win situation for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Sammy07: 9:45am On Nov 23, 2020
I will only support a southern that will reciprocate the appointments Buhari did during his tenure.

All the appointments will also be given to southerners

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by moriss33(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice by Seniorwriter(m): 9:46am On Nov 23, 2020
Interesting times ahead....How is wish their intentions are Pro-peoole.

Proactivity Leads to Productivity!

©Seniorwriter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South-South & South-East Roads Worst In The Country — FG / 4 APC Governors Co-opt Ministers In Fresh Anti-Oshiomhole Bid / Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.