Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population (3511 Views)

Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought / Top 10 Nigeria Tribes That Are Totally Landlocked. / Nigeria Tribes By Developmental Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Gamesmart: 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
HAccord:

You are a bumbling buffoon and a cretinous mor0n rolled into one.
If you weren't a daft doofus you'd see the common sense in it.

Festus Odimegwu a first class graduate of UNN and former National Census and population commision once made the same assertion but was frustrated out. Can you tie the shoelace of the man who ties his shoelace? grin

How would you know when your brain is rotten from bet9ja addiction, BBNaija obsession? grin

Your empty skull is filled with cut nairabet ticket. Read una no go read, nincompoops like you just come online to open your big rotten mouths and disgrace your lineage.

Lobotomized oaf with coconut head. Olodo rapata! grin

All these olodo boys wey dey sag trouser for NL, God go punish una anyday you quote me. After dealing with you monkeys and putting the fear of God in you. Whenever you come accross my moniker, fear go grip you to quote me like the others wey done taste my koboko for here. cheesy

Okay, Mr PhD in Stupidity, please show us evidence that:

1. Festus Odimegwu said the same thing.

2. Festus Odimegwu was frustrated out because he said that.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Make una dey watch how this mooooron will struggle now and start dodging. grin grin grin grin grin

PhD produced from the anus. �����
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by HAccord: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
Gamesmart:

[s]Okay, Mr PhD in Stupidity, please show us evidence that:

1. Festus Odimegwu said the same thing.

2. Festus Odimegwu was frustrated out because he said that.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Make una dey watch how this mooooron will struggle now and start dodging. grin grin grin grin grin

PhD produced from the anus[/s]. �����

Small boy, you've collected enough bulala and maximum shishi from me. Shift and go play with sand like smallie that you are.

At least, when next you see my moniker, small fear go catch you like the other small small boys like you wey I dey give konk for here. grin

I'm through with you. grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Gamesmart: 11:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
HAccord:

Small boy, you've collected enough bulala and maximum shishi from me. Shift and go play with sand like smallie that you are.

At least, when next you see my moniker, small fear go catch you like the other small small boys like you wey I dey give konk for here. grin

I'm through with you. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I knew the moooron would run. Making fooooolish and unreasoned claims upandan and claiming online to have a fake PhD.

Low IQ, dumb "yoot". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

"Laycon, Laycon, I will commit suicide if Laycon does not win" is their intellectual life. grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hausa 40% otherwise where are all those votes coming from? In fact, 45% sef.
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 6:11am On Nov 24, 2020
Kweensavvy:
Hausa 40% otherwise where are all those votes coming from? In fact, 45% sef.

Those who count the vote determine who will win.
You can count Bayelsa States vote and say a total of 15m people voted.
Almost no one will argue
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by AwkaFinest: 6:27am On Nov 24, 2020
Yenefer:
Lol. Igbos are 63% while yoruba are 46% correct it

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by loopman: 6:34am On Nov 24, 2020
valirex:

Hausas just inflated their population.
They have vast lands no doubt but those lands are empty

Just like most igbo villages are empty for 350 days of the year!

The fact that you all troop out of your villages to go populate other places to be making noise doesn’t make you have the population.

If your population is significant you will playing a huge role in who becomes President
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2020
loopman:

Just like most igbo villages are empty for 350 days of the year!

The fact that you all troop out of your villages to go populate other places to be making noise doesn’t make you have the population.

If your population is significant you will playing a huge role in who becomes President

Hmm you might be right, but Hausas will still retain the 3rd position.

PS. I ain't Igbo
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by MosheDayan: 9:19am On Nov 24, 2020
so the fulanis are riding on the back of the hausas to caim nonsense. it shoult be Hausa and then fulani. grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
valirex:

Those who count the vote determine who will win.
You can count Bayelsa States vote and say a total of 15m people voted.
Almost no one will argue
True.
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
valirex:

Share your thoughts if you think otherwise

There is no tribe called Edo tho...u must be an indigen of edo state.

Pls what is the population of edo state to have made them 12 million edo in naija....highest edo state is 4m and not all of the residents are from the state.
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
techmo:

Hausa has 64.2 million people in Nigeria making them 30% of the Nigerian Population

Igbos are 42million making them have 24% of Nigeria

Yoruba 43 million

Fulani 16 million

All facts verifieble on Wikipedia, or CIA world fact

Learn not to ever call anything from wikipedia fact pls....Wikipedia is an editable online encyclopedia.

Fulani 16 million grin grin grin..u just demonstrated that u know nothing about Nigeria.

Fulani are a proper minority in Nigeria pls
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
valirex:

lol I ain't anti Igbo, I just say truth wherever I see it.

U are anti igbo
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
helinues:
It's a known fact that internet got late to South East region

U are not smart @ all.

How can u lump up hausa and fulani and tag them hausa-fulani and make them one tribe cheesy cheesy.

Reason am wella

And now 10%...As in ijaw is 20 million people?? shocked.

Less than 2 million ijaws live in their homeland on Bayelsa, where did the remaining 18 million ijaws come from?

1 Like

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
juman:
The chest beaters again.

He's from edo
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
rafindo:
Funny people. With that population alone has claimed by the op that will be enough to make a southeastern a president without hoodwinking other tribes. You can't claim to be majority and still cry out marginalization. We should stop all this chest beating it actually make our neighbors grow resentment towards us. Case in view the Jew attitude towards the German in Germany. And bello horrific remarks when asked about the Igbo's in 1940s.

Who counts the votes determines the winner.

U are very ignorant about politics or Nigeria
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
Logan23:

He's from edo

Thought you just said no tribe like Edo.
Anyways I ain't Anti Igbo and will not attack you. Check my past comments I don't back down when I start wink
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ezeama400:

It's a pity you don't know anything

https://www.nairaland.com/4848276/cia-revision-nigerias-ethnic-religious

Open the link I sent to you and cure your ignorance

Pls who u de count as hausa?

U want to lump up every tribe in the north as hausa?
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
Manab:
very funny.40 by 4

D north is empty.
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
in the South west, outside Lagos and Ogun state.

The Ebiras have the most non indigenous population followed by a cluster of tribes from Benue. (igede and idoma). These people tend to stay in rural areas hence you hardly see them.

Igbo are of course the most visible because they are found on very popular business district.

This doesn't necessarily translate to population figures or census because habit determine how we travel.

Rural areas are sparsely populated.

Cities are densely populated.
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Y0rubakwe:

Valirex, who are you deceiving?

He's not igbo.
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
Pecuman:

No this can't be right, Hausa-Fulani are dealing number 1, then Yoruba, Igbo, Tiv and possibly Ijaw or Kanuri.

How can u bring hausa and fulani, add their population and lump them as one tribe
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
Sammy07:

Guy you go school at all?
if Igbos are in every Nigeria states, doesn't that translates to Igbos having less people in their region?
Or don't you know the meaning of migration?

If there are 100 people in SE in 2019 and the following year (2020) you see 1 igbo in each states plus FCT - 5 Eastern states = 32igbos

100 Igbos - 32igbos that has migrated from SE, meaning that there will be 68 Igbos in SE.

We've not added birth ratio oooo.
Go to school you no gree.

If we talk about birth ratio, You guys are far below Hausas and Yorubas.
an average Igbo family nah 1 wife, 1 - 3 children mostly 2 children.

Check Yoruba families or Hausa families cheesy

U are hopelessly confused.

Hausa has far lower population than even yoruba , talk more of igbos.

And pls igbos dont give birth to 1 - 3 children, its a stupid statement
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
True ijaws can be found in five states in Nigeria.

Although they are minorities in most of the state except Bayelsa and perhaps Rivers state.

Ijaw are a tiny minority in all those states.

They are majority in Bayelsa.

They are significant in Rivers,but a minority nonetheless
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
valirex:

Thought you just said no tribe like Edo.
Anyways I ain't Anti Igbo and will not attack you. Check my past comments I don't back down when I start wink

U are from edo state oga, edo is not a tribe & u know.

U are foolishly anti igbo bro. Anyone counting Anioma, IKWERRE and other igbo tribes in SS as bini is a hoodlum and an anti igbo.
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
Logan23:

U are from edo state oga, edo is not a tribe & u know.

U are foolishly anti igbo bro. Anyone counting Anioma, IKWERRE and other igbo tribes in SS as bini is a hoodlum and an anti igbo.

@bolded don't do that again

There was no place where I counted Anioma as Ẹdo, if I counted them as Ẹdo I won't put your people as number one. Learn to pick your fight properly. If I am anti Igbo I will put you guys below Yoruba and Hausa and there is possibly nothing you can do about it but rant, but I didn't.
Ẹdo is not a tribe but an Ethnic group.
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Limitless72(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
valirex:

There was no place where I counted Anioma as Ẹdo, if I counted them as Ẹdo I won't put your people as number one. Learn to pick your fight properly. If I am anti Igbo I will put you guys below Yoruba and Hausa and there is possibly nothing you can do about it but rant, but I didn't.

I thought Edo is a state!. When did they translate to an ethnic group or tribe.

In Edo we have Esan, Bini, Etsako, et al. Are they of the same ethnic group?

Some folks here are of the argument that if the Igbos are as densely populated as you purport then they should have an influence on who becomes the president, and I ask, HOW MANY IGBOS CARE ABOUT NIGERIA POLITICS OR THE PRESIDENCY?, HOW MANY OF THEM CARE TO VOTE DURING ELECTION?

Maybe we should organize a referendum and put the real population of the Igbos to test..

I also heard and know during election period the people in the northern part of the country Register underage children, open our borders to people from Niger rrepublic to come vote in our elections.

Ordinarily, considering the weight of terrorism in the north, their demographic is suppose to reduce and not increase or even stabilize.

O wrong naw
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
Limitless72:

I thought Edo is a state!. When did they translate to an ethnic group or tribe.

In Edo we have Esan, Bini, Etsako, et al. Are they of the same ethnic group?

Some folks here are of the argument that if the Igbos are as densely populated as you purport then they should have an influence on who becomes the president, and I ask, HOW MANY IGBOS CARE ABOUT NIGERIA POLITICS OR THE PRESIDENCY?, HOW MANY OF THEM CARE TO VOTE DURING ELECTION?

Maybe we should organize a referendum and put the real population of the Igbos to test..

I also heard and know during election period the people in the northern part of the country Register underage children, open our borders to people from Niger rrepublic to come vote in our elections.

Ordinarily, considering the weight of terrorism in the north, their demographic is suppose to reduce and not increase or even stabilize.

O wrong naw

Am having a double thought with all this point you listed, I think you're right.
And yes those tribes you mentioned are of Edo ethnic group and all have their Kings/dukes but with one overall king the Ọba of Benin. We are all decendants of Benin.
I could tell you how some of this tribes came about but it will take a lot of time.

A state can be named after a tribe or ethnic group. For example Calabar is named after the kalabari

1 Like

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
valirex:

Oga forget all that long story, U have already claimed Ikwerre as Edo, Anioma claims bini too so there is no reason why u wont count them.

Who n who on Edo state make up the 12 million Edo ethnic group people??
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
Logan23:

Oga forget all that long story, U have already claimed Ikwerre as Edo, Anioma claims bini too so there is no reason why u wont count them.

Who n who on Edo state make up the 12 million Edo ethnic group people??

If Anioma claim Benin then they're Benin, ofcos I counted Ikwere and I have no reason to hide it, you can't do nothing than rant online that's where it ends.
Okay you tell me why you agree with the fact Igbo has the highest population in Nigeria?

When I count population I didn't restrict it to just the people in Nigeria but also in the diaspora
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by psyco: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
gidgiddy:

60 million Hausas? For where?
Jupiter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christmas Celebration: Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Show Love, Unity / How Igbos handed Nigeria to Rothschild / Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.