Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population (3500 Views)

Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought / Top 10 Nigeria Tribes That Are Totally Landlocked. / Nigeria Tribes By Developmental Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by gwafaeziokwu: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
loopman:

Just like most igbo villages are empty for 350 days of the year!

The fact that you all troop out of your villages to go populate other places to be making noise doesn’t make you have the population.

If your population is significant you will playing a huge role in who becomes President

grin

Nairaland is filled with kids. Okay, let's check the population of the deserted villages in the Eastern region.

Anambra 5,527,000

Imo 5,408,000

Enugu 4,411,000

Abia 3,727,000

Ebonyi 2,880,000

Igbos in Rivers and Delta excluded.

Despite the massive migration, Igbos still have enough population back home to boast with. There are more people in Anambra than Ogun state for example.

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
Limitless72:

I thought Edo is a state!. When did they translate to an ethnic group or tribe.

In Edo we have Esan, Bini, Etsako, et al. Are they of the same ethnic group?

Some folks here are of the argument that if the Igbos are as densely populated as you purport then they should have an influence on who becomes the president, and I ask, HOW MANY IGBOS CARE ABOUT NIGERIA POLITICS OR THE PRESIDENCY?, HOW MANY OF THEM CARE TO VOTE DURING ELECTION?

Maybe we should organize a referendum and put the real population of the Igbos to test..

I also heard and know during election period the people in the northern part of the country Register underage children, open our borders to people from Niger rrepublic to come vote in our elections.

Ordinarily, considering the weight of terrorism in the north, their demographic is suppose to reduce and not increase or even stabilize.

O wrong naw

Bro let's remake the stats if you cool with it, look at the list of tribes I put up there and tell me the percentage and I will update it.
Note that some tribes in the Niger Delta claim to be Benin for example Ekpeye, Ikwere, ogba etc
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by jamjo: 1:37am On Dec 18, 2020
helinues:
It's a known fact that internet got late to South East region

The information you used is wrong in the sense that it loops Hausa and Fulani together to be 29% but the thread was about percentages of each tribe
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2020
valirex:

If Anioma claim Benin then they're Benin, ofcos I counted Ikwere and I have no reason to hide it, you can't do nothing than rant online that's where it ends.
Okay you tell me why you agree with the fact Igbo has the highest population in Nigeria?

When I count population I didn't restrict it to just the people in Nigeria but also in the diaspora

If sokoto claim bini, then they are bini grin grin, stop being silly man, It looks very childish..

"Who n who on Edo state make up the 12 million Edo ethnic group people??"

U have kept skipping this, those 8 extra million Edo ethnic group members that made u people 12 million. Or are u saying that 8 million edo people live in the diaspora?? shocked.

Fact is that u remain an IGBO hater for life as long as u are claiming any igbo man anywhere as an Edo man because some of them said they are Edo, even though u know fully well that u have zero historical, archaeological, cultural or traditional connection with them.

U should be ashamed of urself for claiming members of other people's tribe, be proud of urself and stop having a feeling of low self esteem.

If any Edo tribe claims they are igbo and they have zero zero zero connection with igbo wen it comes to cultures, history n tradition, I will reject such a tribe totally, Other igbos will chase such a tribe away and sweep away the sand from the sole of their feet.

Be proud of ur people and develop wit ur people, Don't drag members of other peoples tribe

1 Like

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2020
loopman:

Just like most igbo villages are empty for 350 days of the year!

The fact that you all troop out of your villages to go populate other places to be making noise doesn’t make you have the population.

If your population is significant you will playing a huge role in who becomes President

Which igbo village have u gone to?
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 18, 2020
Kweensavvy:
Hausa 40% otherwise where are all those votes coming from? In fact, 45% sef.

Be wise.

Millions of children vote in the north..if they had all that population, why are children voting....HAVE U EVER SEEN A CHILD VOTER IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA??

A desert can never ever be more populated than a rain forest, always be aware of this
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 8:42am On Dec 18, 2020
Logan23:

If sokoto claim bini, then they are bini grin grin, stop being silly man, It looks very childish..

"Who n who on Edo state make up the 12 million Edo ethnic group people??"

U have kept skipping this, those 8 extra million Edo ethnic group members that made u people 12 million. Or are u saying that 8 million edo people live in the diaspora?? shocked.

Fact is that u remain an IGBO hater for life as long as u are claiming any igbo man anywhere as an Edo man because some of them said they are Edo, even though u know fully well that u have zero historical, archaeological, cultural or traditional connection with them.

U should be ashamed of urself for claiming members of other people's tribe, be proud of urself and stop having a feeling of low self esteem.

If any Edo tribe claims they are igbo and they have zero zero zero connection with igbo wen it comes to cultures, history n tradition, I will reject such a tribe totally, Other igbos will chase such a tribe away and sweep away the sand from the sole of their feet.

Be proud of ur people and develop wit ur people, Don't drag members of other peoples tribe

When it comes to pride and being proud of my people, I do it best.

Those tribes that Claim Benin we are well aware of them and the historical connection we have, we only decided to allow them either bring it up themselves or forget about it but as it is not they have said it themselves and we have backed them up.

Even some Ondo Yoruba people are Benins but we won't go about claiming them if they don't first come out and say it. So if you feel I am an Igbo hater and an Anti Igbo, fine I am and am proud of it cos since you want to force that on me I have no reason to keep trying to please you when you can't do shit cheesy
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Kennyswag: 9:20am On Dec 18, 2020
so edo is 12.5%, while hausa/fulani 18%? :-/ grin grin grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2020
Kennyswag:
so edo is 12.5%, while hausa/fulani 18%? :-/
grin grin grin

Feel free to state your opinion, but with a clear conscience
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 18, 2020
valirex:

When it comes to pride and being proud of my people, I do it best.

Those tribes that Calum Benin we are well aware of them and the historical connection we have, we only decided to allow them either bring it up themselves or forget about it but as it is not they have said it themselves and we have backed them up.

Even some Ondo Yoruba people are Benins but we won't go about claiming them if they don't first come out and say it. So if you feel I am an Igbo hater and an Anti Igbo, fine I am and am proud of it cos since you want to force that on me I have no reason to keep trying to please you when you can't do shit cheesy

*When it comes to pride and being proud of my people, I do it best*

U mean proud of dragging other tribes to become Edo because u are a minority? grin grin

*Calum Benin we are well aware of them and the historical connection we have*

Zero cultural or traditional connection between Edo and Any Igbo tribe cheesy cheesy
Langauge, names, name of places, burial rites, childbirth rites of Ikwerre or Anioma clan has zero connection with Edo people, culture or traditions.

Pls where are the 8 million edo people? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2020
Logan23:

*When it comes to pride and being proud of my people, I do it best*

U mean proud of dragging other tribes to become Edo because u are a minority? grin grin

*Calum Benin we are well aware of them and the historical connection we have*

Zero cultural or traditional connection between Edo and Any Igbo tribe cheesy cheesy
Langauge, names, name of places, burial rites, childbirth rites of Ikwerre or Anioma clan has zero connection with Edo people, culture or traditions.

Pls where are the 8 million edo people? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

Keep wailing dog grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Kennyswag: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2020
valirex:

Feel free to state your opinion, but with a clear conscience
gtfoh
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 11:29am On Dec 18, 2020
Kennyswag:
gtfoh

Keep wailing dog grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Kennyswag: 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2020
valirex:

Keep wailing dog grin
foolish edo illiterate grin grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
Kennyswag:
foolish edo illiterate grin grin

Wailing Yoruba dog grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Kennyswag: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2020
valirex:

Wailing Yoruba dog grin
useless bini illiterate grin grin .. So your landlocked and inconsequential edo is 12.5% of nigeria population, while hausa/fulani is 18%? grin grin grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Fahdiga(m): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2020
valirex:

lol I ain't anti Igbo, I just say truth wherever I see it.
You are a bloody bigot
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Pecuman: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2020
Logan23:

How can u bring hausa and fulani, add their population and lump them as one tribe

True, it is more correct to say Hausa are number 1 and Fulani are number 4
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2020
Fahdiga:
You are a bloody bigot

Same as you cheesy
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2020
Kennyswag:
useless bini illiterate grin grin .. So your landlocked and inconsequential edo is 12.5% of nigeria population, while hausa/fulani is 18%? grin grin grin

Wailing Yoruba dog cheesy
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Kennyswag: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2020
valirex:

landlocked edo animal feeling funky grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Fahdiga(m): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2020
valirex:

Same as you cheesy
Heaven will bear me witness that I'm not a bigot
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2020
Fahdiga:
Heaven will bear me witness that I'm not a bigot

Well until heaven talks we can't know grin
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2020
Kennyswag:
landlocked edo animal feeling funky grin

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by OfficialAPCNig: 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2020
I don't think Igbos are the most populous.

Hausa/Fulani remains the most populous tribe in the country. An average Hausa household size is over 18, official stats put it at 22.

Yorubas are the second most populated unless you have never been to the West. A Yoruba woman can marry and born for up to 4 men. It is difficult to get a Yoruba woman who has not given birth to different men. Just a few of them.

Igbos are the third most populous tribe.

The Edos are the fourth largest tribe if you add the Ikwerres and others.

1 Like

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Ezeama400: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:
I don't think Igbos are the most populous.

Hausa/Fulani remains the most populous tribe in the country. An average Hausa household size is over 18, official stats put it at 22.

Yorubas are the second most populated unless you have never been to the West. A Yoruba woman can marry and born for up to 4 men. It is difficult to get a Yoruba woman who has not given birth to different men. Just a few of them.

Igbos are the third most populous tribe.

The Edos are the fourth largest tribe if you add the Ikwerres and others.

Is not true... Yorubas are not more than Igbos.. I used to have that thought until I put my nose to the grindstone and knw the facts and reality...

Forget propaganda....

If you are saying this because of the civil war remember the policies if Ibo families after the civil war which gave rise to population increase in many Igbo families, moreover during the civil war, Igbos were not only the victims of food blockade, Remember the tribes that involves the then Eastern region....
I sent a link on the ist page from CIA about population of ethnic nationalities in Nigeria
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by OfficialAPCNig: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ezeama400:

Is not true... Yorubas are not more than Igbos.. I used to have that thought until I put my nose to the grindstone and knw the facts and reality...

Forget propaganda....

If you are saying this because of the civil war remember the policies if Ibo families after the civil war which gave rise to population increase in many Igbo families, moreover during the civil war, Igbos were not only the victims of food blockade, Remember the tribes that involves the then Eastern region....
I sent a link on the ist page from CIA about population of ethnic nationalities in Nigeria

I have never seen an Igbo woman who who born for 4 different men. Here in the West, na normal thing.

Again, about 50% of Yorubas are moslems and Moslems give birth without thinking things out.

Oga leave am, Yorubas plenty
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Ezeama400: 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

I have never seen an Igbo woman who who born for 4 different men. Here in the West, na normal thing.

Again, about 50% of Yorubas are moslems and
Moslems give birth without thinking things out.

Oga leave am, Yorubas plenty

At the bolded, how come Saudi Arabia which is the home of Islam is not populated...
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by OfficialAPCNig: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ezeama400:

At the bolded, how come Saudi Arabia which is the home of Islam is not populated...

Nigerian Moslems no get sense.

1 Like

Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2020
Pecuman:

True, it is more correct to say Hausa are number 1 and Fulani are number 4

Nope. Fulani is a proper minority.

Hausa cant ever be number1..

Pls list those states where hausa people dominate, u cant lump up the whole tribes in d north as hausa
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2020
valirex:

Keep wailing dog grin

Keep displaying ur extreme foooooooooooolishness and bizarre madness. 12 million edo people cheesy
Re: My Thought On Nigeria Tribes Share Of The Population by valirex: 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2020
Logan23:

Keep displaying ur extreme foooooooooooolishness and bizarre madness. 12 million edo people cheesy

Keep wailing dog cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Killed Him / MUST WATCH: See The Only Just Two Unknown Gunmen That Burnt Orji Police Station / Osun State!! One Million Match For Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.