Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

What Do I Do??? Issues With A Customer After Phone Purchase. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Do I Do??? Issues With A Customer After Phone Purchase. (237 Views)

How I Replied A Customer That Promise To Get Back To Me( Read Chat) / Pls Who Else Is Having Issues With Access Bank Today?? / Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do??? Issues With A Customer After Phone Purchase. by Stevengold(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
Good morning all, so I work with Jforce team,
someone met be to buy a phone, and asked a cheap phone, I recommended the umidigi a7 Pro, of which I ordered for the lady, 9 - 12 days after purchase, the screen had horizontal lines on it without impact, according to her, she called me, I took it to Jumia retail store close to where I stay, I was told the date of return is 7 days and have elapsed.

Not knowing what to do, I sent Jumia an email and same thing was repeated, I took the responsibility of looking for ways to help her fix it, but the parts are not in PHC where I stay. I took it to a repair center when they looked at it, they said it must have fallen, and they showed me a camera crack at the back of the phone. But I didn't want to believe cuz the screen is without a single scratch.

To crown it up, I sent jumia messages on twitter and several emails to expressed my displeasure over the matter, they responded but nothing that could help.

Now the crux of the matter is, she wants me to send her back the 43k I used in buying the phone, and I said to her that the phone is sold by jumia and not me. Till today she's still making issues out of it.

Please advice on what to do?
Cuz I've experienced this with Jumia on a personal item of which I bore the loss. But this particular person is just disturbing me. It has turned into police treats towards me plus the abuses I have to face each day.

My head don full.
Re: What Do I Do??? Issues With A Customer After Phone Purchase. by chizzasquare(f): 3:09pm On May 12, 2021
Stevengold:
Good morning all, so I work with Jforce team,
someone met be to buy a phone, and asked a cheap phone, I recommended the umidigi a7 Pro, of which I ordered for the lady, 9 - 12 days after purchase, the screen had horizontal lines on it without impact, according to her, she called me, I took it to Jumia retail store close to where I stay, I was told the date of return is 7 days and have elapsed.

Sorry bro. I don't know if you will still find this helpful at this time, but at least for those who are seeking help out there.

I understand that you took the responsibility of trying to help for the sale to go through.

However, as an experienced salesperson, I can tell you for free that, a simple sale of order-pay-deliver can turn into something more complex.
Always, remember the following for your own good:

1. Do not get too personal during sales.
The lady on assumption believes that, by your actions (defective product resolution) , you are somewhat directly responsible for the damage, and assumed you are a staff of Jumia or on the side of the seller.

2. Always make your position clear from the beginning: I am not the seller.
The lady has assumed that you have influence on changing the item after discovering the damage.

3. Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer!
If you are an affiliate of a program, carry a disclaimer document to be signed on every sale by your customer(s) which indemnifies you of any claims or repair or damages whatsoever.

Don't fall for the "it doesn't matter" syndrome. You will pay dearly for it with a very ruthless customer.

I'll save the rest for later.

As far as this situation is concerned, take the buyer to Jumia and point her to the Seller's Online store by a (physical) Jumia Customers Service Agent not online. Let her use her ear to hear it from Jumia directly that you are not responsible for the damage. In one of my experiences working at LG, I had to take the woman to LG Surulere, where I purchased the product as an LG Authorized Distributor who owns a store and they explained the warranty terms to her before she left me with her wahala.

Alternatively, you can look for a middle ground, otherwise, hmmm...you will be dragged for no reason and it can end badly, beyond your wildest imagination.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do??? Issues With A Customer After Phone Purchase. by Stevengold(m): 7:38am On May 13, 2021
chizzasquare:

Sorry bro. I don't know if you will still find this helpful at this time, but at least for those who are seeking help out there.

I understand that you took the responsibility of trying to help for the sale to go through.

However, as an experienced salesperson, I can tell you for free that, a simple sale of order-pay-deliver can turn into something more complex.
Always, remember the following for your own good:

1. Do not get too personal during sales.
The lady on assumption believes that, by your actions (defective product resolution) , you are somewhat directly responsible for the damage, and assumed you are a staff of Jumia or on the side of the seller.

2. Always make your position clear from the beginning: I am not the seller.
The lady has assumed that you have influence on changing the item after discovering the damage.

3. Disclaimer! Disclaimer! Disclaimer!
If you are an affiliate of a program, carry a disclaimer document to be signed on every sale by your customer(s) which indemnifies you of any claims or repair or damages whatsoever.

Don't fall for the "it doesn't matter" syndrome. You will pay dearly for it with a very ruthless customer.

I'll save the rest for later.

As far as this situation is concerned, take the buyer to Jumia and point her to the Seller's Online store by a (physical) Jumia Customers Service Agent not online. Let her use her ear to hear it from Jumia directly that you are not responsible for the damage. In one of my experiences working at LG, I had to take the woman to LG Surulere, where I purchased the product as an LG Authorized Distributor who owns a store and they explained the warranty terms to her before she left me with her wahala.

Alternatively, you can look for a middle ground, otherwise, hmmm...you will be dragged for no reason and it can end badly, beyond your wildest imagination.

Good luck.

Thanks � for ur good counsel.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Naira Value Tumbles Against The Dollar Wiping Earlier Gains / Make Money Online / Naira Don Reach 500, It Will Reach 1000 Soon If We Dont

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.