Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Why Was Grammy Award Winner The WEEKEND Covered In Bandages At The AMAS Award - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Was Grammy Award Winner The WEEKEND Covered In Bandages At The AMAS Award (194 Views)

Davido to perform at UnitedMasters Grammy weekend concert / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album. / Here Are The MTV Video Music Awards 2017 Winner,the Complete Fulllist Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Was Grammy Award Winner The WEEKEND Covered In Bandages At The AMAS Award by Jerryjasper(m): 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
Why was The Weeknd covered in bandages at the AMAs?
By Mark Savage

BBC music reporter

Published2 hours ago
The Weeknd
IMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
image captionThe Weeknd won three awards, including best R&B album, for After Hours
R&B star The Weeknd won three prizes at Sunday's American Music Awards - with his face covered in bandages.

The Canadian star, who was named best soul artist, made no reference to his unusual appearance, which prompted concern from some viewers.

It came after he took to the stage with a bloodied face at the MTV VMAs earlier this year.

However, the make-up and bandages are part of an anti drink-driving message he has been promoting in his new music.

Speaking to Esquire earlier this year, the singer explained that his hit single Blinding Lights is about "how you want to see someone at night, and you're intoxicated, and you're driving to this person and you're just blinded by streetlights.

"I don't want to ever promote drunk driving, but that's what the dark undertone is."

The Weeknd
IMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
image captionThe star also performed In Your Eyes and Save Your Tears, with a cameo from saxophonist Kenny G
The star, whose real name is Abel Tesfaye, thanked Prince as he picked up the prize for best R&B album at Sunday night's ceremony.

"Last time I received this award, it was given to me by the late great Prince," he said.

"And you know, he's the reason I get to constantly challenge the genre of R&B, and I'd like to dedicate this award to him. Thank you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0AYaRcfbU pls click on link to check out my amazing content on YouTube

(1) (Reply)

Huge Excitement On Social Media As Laycon Announces Date To Drop Hip Hop Video / Are You A Good Artist??? / How To Create Video And Audio Advert Jingles Right In Your Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.