Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe (27914 Views)

"Biafra Agitation Is Dead In The South-East" - Nicholas Ibekwe. / Nicholas Ibekwe: IPOB Has Begun A Protection Racket In Orlu / The Helicopter Gunship Attack In Orlu, Imo Happened On February 14 - Ibekwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by lalasticlala(m): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nicholas Ibekwe of Premium Times has alleged that households at the Ojo Military cantonment now pay money to private vigilantes for security.

Mr Ibekwe took to his Twitter page to reveal this and wrote:

Each household at the military cantonment in Ojo, Lagos now pays a monthly levy for security, which is provided by private vigilantes.

Residents said there has been a spike in sundry criminal acts in the barracks lately.

Vigilantes protecting a military barracks!

Sources who live in the barracks said most soldiers have been deployed to different troubled spots across the country leaving their families and the barracks vulnerable to criminal attacks.

Nigeria has never experienced this level of insecurity in its history. Never!

https://twitter.com/nicholasibekwe/status/1330851441444007938

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Pepsi4me(f): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Nigeriawarlord(m): 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
I will consider this fake news till it's proven otherwise.

If an army barrack ain't safe, then the insecurity in our dear country has gone to a whole new level.

I call on the security operatives to profer solution to this menace of insecurity. Law abiding Nigerians can't continue to live in fear.

God bless Nigeria.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Ever8090: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
Army barracks..!!?

34 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by OlujobaSamuel: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hmmmmmmm, some of those from the barracks are posted to Ijagemo doing nothing but to extort every truck bringing in goods into the community. Useless group

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by fergie001: 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
Chai
Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Sammy07: 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nigeria ti cast

4 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Juliusmomoh: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2020
Only jesus is the true security ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Juliusmomoh: 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:
I will consider this fake news till it's proven otherwise.

If an army barrack ain't safe, then the insecurity in our dear country has gone to a whole new level.

I call on the security operatives to profer solution to this menace of insecurity. Law abiding Nigerians can't continue to live in fear.

God bless Nigeria.
I love the way u reason..

19 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Splitmind: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nonsense our gallant officers and and watchful infantrymen are always there to secure both the facility and other areas close to it.

We have Buhari and Burutai to thank for the total security of every inch of Nigeria. cool

9 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by inoki247: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
lol the thing dey funny sha...

They might need extra hands the estate might be too big for the soldiers allocated to the area....
Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Brandonx(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
Barrack children are known to be rouges so if there's unrest in any barracks it's their children giving them hard times.

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by jaytii(f): 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Private vigilante on military property.
This can never be true.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by sigiyaya(m): 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Let us keep deceiving ourselves and pretending as if we dont know that Nigeria is a failed state angry angry

41 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by faoogoke(m): 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
I live in the army estate in Abuja.

We do same. We pay vigilantes to guide our part of the estate

Lobatan!!

41 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Disturb: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Not surprising...

4 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by GIANTPLUSHUB: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
This can't be true jooor. Once lived in a barrack and as security porous the barrack was, no external body was in charge of the security. It's one thing the Nigeria army or Police will never allow. Well, this is Nigeria. ANYTHING GOES!

5 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by privaldo: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by opalu: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Haba
Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by revived: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Dope
Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by bigfish3k: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Unimaginable things happening in Nigeria.
Restructure this country please

2 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Balebrown1: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Really?
Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by Randymarsh: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Useless military..Hell naija military no fit engage Chadian army in a fire fight. Dem go just massacre dem. Bunch of lazy pussy ass swines

7 Likes

Re: Vigilantes Paid To Protect Ojo Military Cantonment - Nicholas Ibekwe by bobokeshington: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
I AM SPEECHLESS !

NIGERIAN SOLDIERS ARE ONLY GOOD AT HARASSING INNOCENT CIVILIANS... THEY CAN'T EVEN SECURE THEIR HOMES.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Differences Between Hausa/fulani, Yoruba And Igbo Nation! / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Muslim-Muslim ticket: I am proud of my role in stopping Tinubu –Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.