Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp (38352 Views)

White Man Mistakenly Receives 60 iPhone 15 Pro Max From Apple (Video) / How To Allow Installation Of Apps From Unknown Source On Android Phone / Lady Mistakenly Buys N15k MTN Airtime Instead Of N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:04am On Nov 24, 2020
Please my fellow tech engineers my friend mistakenly verified a code sent to her by an unknown source on WhatsApp and she couldn't access her account anymore it has been locked they are asking for Two-step verification code which she has never registered for it before, She uploaded it on social media.

What is the way forward??

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by anthonyuncle(m): 12:29am On Nov 24, 2020
them don enter am o

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Clementz0(m): 1:42am On Nov 24, 2020
He/she should report to WhatsApp they would block the account for two weeks then later they will open,but once reopen try set your two steps verification code to protect your account

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by MickzyDonald: 6:39am On Nov 24, 2020
Let her report

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 7:20am On Nov 24, 2020
MickzyDonald:
Let her report

thanks for ur opinion, how can she report to WhatsApp is there any way to contact them? so that I will help her do it.

6 Likes

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by duduade: 7:37am On Nov 24, 2020
But after all the awareness on the importance of two step verification

And not verifying codes from anybody

Tufiakwa

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Khd95(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2020
They locked her out of her account, now these guys are going to be using ur friend's account to scam her family members or friends by saying they should send 5k or 2k to certain account numbers that they are stuck somewhere, a colleague was a victim too, thru Facebook

How could your friend even verified a code she doesn't kbow about

123 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Nbotee(m): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2020
Clementz0:
He/she should report to WhatsApp they would block the account for two weeks then later they will open,but once reopen try set your two steps verification code to protect your account

Even if dey lock d account for 2years, d scammers have already set up d 2 step verification on and she cannot set hers until it is either reset.

23 Likes

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Nbotee(m): 8:27am On Nov 24, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:
Please my fellow tech engineers my friend mistakenly verified a code sent to her by an unknown source on WhatsApp and she couldn't access her account anymore it has been locked they are asking for Two-step verification code which she has never registered for it before, She uploaded it on social media.

Considering U are an avid supporter of d APC and next level I am not surprised u fell for dis cheap format as una no dey gree use una sense... Jus select the forgot pin option and follow the prompt. The account would either temporarily b locked or a reset would b sent to ur number..

151 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by centilad(m): 8:32am On Nov 24, 2020
Clementz0:
Valid Solution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by omobacyprus(m): 9:08am On Nov 24, 2020
WhatsApp does not allow dual users on a number, let her reset her WhatsApp and put her number again, they’ll send a verification code. Use the code, they’ll also ask for 2Fa tell them you’ve forgotten that, I think they can also reset that with her number. All these should automatically log out the other user and they’ll ask the scammer to re verify. And tell her to wise up. I don’t think anyone should still be falling for all these scams

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by MickzyDonald: 9:10am On Nov 24, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:

thanks for ur opinion, how can she report to WhatsApp is there any way to contact them? so that I will help her do it.
follow this link

just remove the space before the WhatsApp and before the .com...i dont want to be banned for posting a link thats why, put her phone number there

https://www. whatsapp .com/contact/?subject=messenger

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by YorubaKinging: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
The end is near

1 Like

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by CoRnelea: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
Wahala
Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Dgogo1: 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nawa oh
Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Praktikals(m): 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:

she should uninstall, then reinstall whatsapp asap

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by urchcoded(m): 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2020
Contact WhatsApp
Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Dcaliphate(m): 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2020
It is finished. The hacker now has a two-step verification code for your account. That's why everyone is advised to do their two-step verification. It's very important.
Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by kennyflames(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
make she just report to WhatsApp
Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Openbusiness: 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hmmm. Why should anyone post the solution this problem on social media? That's like giving thieves the keys of your street gate. People that steal other people's WhatsApp will now know a way to bypass the barriers. Your solution is for your friend to contact WhatsApp support directly, period! Nobody should post any other method.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Seniorwriter(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
Egungun in express!!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!

©Seniorwriter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Common Phone Charging Mistakes / Microsoft Reveals Nokia 215 You Dont Have To Charge For A MONTH / One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.