Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. (546 Views)

#DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? / How Can I Advise A Serial Cheat And Failure Of A Father? / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by ProJectAnatot(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2020
I have been thinking about the failure of the Nigerian society as a whole. And I can't but blame the FATHERS
I think the fathers of today have abdicated the duties and responsibilities that their title carries for other things that I can't exactly say.
The growing number of crimes and immorality is a direct reflection of that. The growing number of baby mamas and baby daddies are as a result of the failures the fathers of this generation to give their wards the right orientation and at the proper time. The crime rate this days is so alarming.

In some homes the pastor has taken up the job of the father in the family. Some parents just assume that since they are Christians, their ward will automatically copy them... This is a grave parenting mistake. Someone said every child born is an empty slate. This is so true and the society can write on that slate too.
So it is very important for the parents to take their responsibilities and position and function to capacity to decide and write and not just write but write the Right things on that blank slate.

The growing number of feminist in the Nigerian geographical space is also another angle to consider this from. Fathers left the headship to the women of the house thereby allowing a vacuum... Which nature actually don't permit.. And of course wrong orientation (any other orientation apart from the right one) must replace the right one if the right one is unavailable right?.
The corruption unkor, that one is also spearheaded by our fathers... The university lecturers teach the students, the teachers teach their students, the politicians teach the citizens, etc. The people who make up this positions are fathers in their various homes, the children observes how and where their parents get their money and therefore the habit is passed down.

Note; as a parent(father) you don't necessarily need to teach your ward/child your bad character for them to catch it. Because they can see and they hear what is happening too... And time has not failed to proof this to parents.
There are so many other points but I will stop here for now.!

Cc RoyalBoy

2 Likes

Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by fati2001(m): 7:19am On Nov 24, 2020
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by phr33man(m): 7:32am On Nov 24, 2020
Hmmmmmm! cry
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by XXXXTENTACION: 7:52am On Nov 24, 2020
Pushing blames on fathers will not change anything. undecided

why not profer pratical solutions to the problem.

o.p this your post reeks of bias towards men.

fathers are not the only ones in the society everybody has his own portion of the blame.

and lastly

"be the change you want to see in the world " ----Mahatma Ganhdi

"if you want to make the world a better place go to a mirror and take a look at yourself and make that change "-----Michael Jackson

"Change begins with you"
-----Buhari (2015)

2 Likes

Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by tstx(m): 8:04am On Nov 24, 2020
Interesting
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by Hathor5(f): 10:28am On Nov 24, 2020
A book can be written about it.

The Nigerian value system centers around the monitoring of vaginas and how to ensure that one gender rules over the other.

Other than that there is basically no value system guiding the society and so ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by tobechi74: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2020
The Generation of people born from 1940-1970 are the cause.
This generation priotise tribe and Religion over anything else.
Christians think s Muslim president would islamise the country. Muslim think the same. Low tryst

Their predecessor created a better nigeria. University students were given free launch, foreign scholarship etc. When they graduated and became boss, they rules with SELFISHNESS.

YOU must be Igbo before you get a job in UNN- they baptized it CATHECMENT AREA. What happens to one nigeria.

They embezzle funds for their grand children unborn
If you are a Christian residing in the north, you are stigmatized.

In education, priority should be given to academic disadvantaged state. Competency is thrown away.
We have seen how the youth United for a cause without caring to know if the fellow protesters are from his tribe or Religion.
Unfortunately,few youth have learnt from their parents to be bias.

The problem with the country is mindset

1 Like

Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by XXXXTENTACION: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Who are the 95% majority in the helm of affairs?

Who are 99.999999% hoodlums, cultists, agberos, kidnappers etc?

Who are the 99.999999% Political thieves in the country?

When old papa dey do fraud/steal, who does 99.9999% youngies doing yahoo look up to?

Why won't women in naija want to have a voice and stand for their right hence feminism?

The bolded gave you away as a bubu apologist, so just shut da fvck up.
Hey don't be emotional. Judge things based on facts.

first of all the 99% stats you put up their is totally wrong. Get your facts right. undecided

secondly nobody stops women from making their voice heard. We have feminist coalition and various other activists groups in the country who fight for women.

and lastly am not a Buhari fan boy. cool
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
Time are hard. Both fathers and mothers have failed
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
you may not be far from the truth. you only need to read some comments on this website to know Nigerian men in Nigeria have absentee fathers or lack good father figures. the apple never falls far from the tree.
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by okoIYAyin(m): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
OP you're very wrong to blame father's for failure of the society, is it the father only that makes up parenthood? No. Now when we talk about society as a whole, we are refering to a large number of families coming together, different families with different orientation and background. A bad father might be the problem in one family while bad mother might be the problem in another, so instead of blaming father's only, you can just blame bad parenting as a whole. Although there are lot of factors that constitute failure of the society, and we can't even blame bad parenting only, afterall we've seen children of good parents turn bad and vice versa.
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by okoIYAyin(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hathor5:
A book can be written about it.

The Nigerian value system centers around the monitoring of vaginas and how to ensure that one gender rules over the other.

Other than that there is basically no value system guiding the society and so ...

A feminist spotted!
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by Blesser28(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2021
I sent u pm
I kinda need ya bids on crypto
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by Blesser28(m): 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2021
[quote author=ProJectAnatot post=96376724]
guy I sent u pm
ProJectAnatot
Re: Failure Of The Nigerian Society: Who Is To Blame. by ProJectAnatot(m): 9:22pm On Mar 11, 2021
[quote author=Blesser28 post=99805391][/quote]
Check your e-mail.

(1) (Reply)

I Don Lose Guard / Quick/premature Ejaculation Cure / Woman Rushing to Confirm Husband's Alleged Affair Dies In Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.