Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike (59736 Views)

Universities That Pull Out Of Strike Will Regret Their Actions – ASUU / NANS Reacts To Fg’s Reduction Of Jamb, Neco Fees, Speaks On ASUU Strike / ASUU Announces ‘Conditional Suspension’ Of Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2020
e10nzy:
ASUU headquarters is in University of Abuja

No, it is in the University of Ibadan.

Even the current ASUU president is a University of Ibadan professor.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2020
Lilcraze:

Abeg quote me if any thing show face...
But some pipo dey talk say the info on this thread na fake news say ASUU no dey make their decisions public, na true
My brother Na so Life b sha
You know say no b everybody dey agree to things
But on the updates I posted..
Most are verified based on calls placed to different ASUU chapters in schools

1 Like

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Lilcraze(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

I am not saying UNN is insignificant with regards to overall reputation, but with regards to aluta.

As for your last paragraph, don't be so sure. All those notable universities in the Southwest can actually hold those other ones to ransom.

Moreover, there is no ASUU rule to the regard that they need a number of votes to call off strike.

I know this guy from Bbnaija lockdown thread and na my fellow icon... I just hope whatever u're saying isn't borne out of tribal sentiments cos I'll be very dissapointed in u it if that be the case
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by phantom24: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2020
My Uniuyo is always sitting on d fence when others are acting

1 Like

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by duduade: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

No, it is in the University of Ibadan.

Even the current ASUU president is a University of Ibadan professor.

The rate at which people come here with "authority" to spit out false information is alarming...

He is from OOU Ago-Iwoye

You know google is just at your fingertip o

5 Likes

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by jakD: 10:55am On Nov 25, 2020
Haryoife:
#Updated
Tuesday Nov24. 5:00pm
The following institutions have taken their stand on the latest offer issued by FG

1. University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Rejected the offer ❌
2. Federal University Lafia (FULAFIA) Rejected the offer ❌
3. Federal University Dutsin-ma (FUDMA) Accepted the offer ☑️
4. Micheal Okpara University (MOUAU) Accepted the offer ☑️
5. University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Accepted the offer ☑️
6. Benue State University (BSU) Rejected the offer ❌
7. University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Accepted the offer ☑️
8. Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Accepted the offer ☑️
9. Umaru Musa Yaradua University (UMYU) Accepted the offer ☑️
10. University of Calabar (UNICAL) Accepted the offer ☑️
11. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Accepted the offer ☑️
12. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Accepted the offer ☑️
13. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Rejected the offer ❌
14. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) Accepted the offer ☑️
15. Federal University Gusau (FUGUS)☑️
16. Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)☑️
17. University of Lagos (UNILAG) ☑️
18. University of Uyo (UNIUYO) ☑️
19. University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) ☑️
20. ABU ZARIA ☑️
21. University of Ibadan (UI) ☑️
The list will be updated in subsequent reports
#ASUU

Chief, ASUU-AAUA REJECTED the offer.

2 Likes

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by jakD: 11:00am On Nov 25, 2020
Balaxx:

And how many universities are under ASUU?
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by jakD: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Djex614:

Biko who knows where i kept my bag. school don resume. Since UI and UNN don accept, it is finished

Chief, this is not like United States election where they count electoral points.
Here, it's based on the majority.
It doesn't matter the school weight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Moradeyo95: 11:11am On Nov 25, 2020
Dreamliner787:

lol.. I sabi naa.. I be Great FUTA pikin ooo..

which dept u dey?
the prestigious A.R.E....wbu boss
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Lorayne(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2020
Haryoife:

My brother Na so Life b sha
You know say no b everybody dey agree to things
But on the updates I posted..
Most are verified based on calls placed to different ASUU chapters in schools
Did u place the calls?
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ogsa: 11:33am On Nov 25, 2020
UI ASUU congress is still in progress!

1 Like

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by gameboy727(m): 11:33am On Nov 25, 2020
OtunbaDayo:
What about University of Agriculture, Makurdi

I know they will not vote but they can shut down on the flimsiest reasons.

Abi dem be anywhere belle face ni?

I beg their update make I know my fate continue my hustle

cool cool

Make this school do resume abeg. Only God know when 1st semester results go komot. I need to run clearance go service.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

Strike will end when government implements all the agreement reached. Government cannot be trusted

I know, but i am sure the strike will be suspended on Friday
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 25, 2020
Dreamliner787:

That's too small dear.. I'm looking at a 95% possibility here

Lol 95% is good too.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Petersamuel8(m): 11:38am On Nov 25, 2020
good one uniabuja no dull
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2020
Lorayne:

He said they don't make it open to the public and you're asking for info
so the memoa being published is?
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 11:52am On Nov 25, 2020
riroye3263:

Your statement shows how you’re accepting the conditioning of becoming an almajiri who is given tuwo by a slavemaster who eats sumptuous meals. The Fulani Government of Nigeria can budget billions on usesless projects, pay bokoharamists salaries while using billions to rehabilitate jihadists who murdered thousands of innocent people in their cause of holy war to spread Shariah as they attack and destroy everything that have to do with the same western education the Fulani filled federal government are refusing to meet the ASUU demand through this protracted strike. You people don’t think at all.
IPOB spotted.
Please take this to politics section

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 11:54am On Nov 25, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Here comes the end of ASUU Strike 2020/Covid19 limited edition.
Kindly watch out for the next edition, 2021.
Bye for now.
-ASUU
as in eh.
This year's academic calendar isn't funny and the worst in history embarassed
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 11:55am On Nov 25, 2020
Zayd007:

Na my school. Them no dey gree
FUNAAB right?
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by alongus: 11:58am On Nov 25, 2020
ABU Zaria chapter congress meeting is currently holding at Mamman Kontagora Square.
I don't know where the OP got his own information from.

4 Likes

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
tibro:
Very few rejected the offer, so therefore, strike suspended.
Students should go back to schools.
so the few who rejected the offer wouldn't be considered?
Mehn if na me shame for catch me
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
tibro:
Very few rejected the offer, so therefore, strike suspended.
Students should go back to schools.
meanwhile explain this pics you uploaded.
Umahi for 2023 abi?
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2020
Shuly03:
Those ones have moved on..Till further notice.
you're in uniben?
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
Gabbriell:
This is why this guys are hard to bribe. The decision is base on majority carry the vote. If you like bribe the chairman...it dose not affect the outcome. You have to bribe more than 50% of ASUU members from each university...so FG is better off with making a good negotiations.

How I wish this country is structured this way...so that you can't bribe just one person to silence am entire ommunity....corruption would reduced.
you've said it all

2 Likes

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
Haryoife:

From the update I have last night.. Unilag agreed ... Let's see today if it's not real I'll remove it from the list of course...
I'm here for you so Wetin I dey do if I no update you wella
oga carry on and kindly ignore detractors
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
ebenezer202l:
oga carry on and kindly ignore detractors
Thanks my man
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
Balaxx:
unilag wen meet since monday
cc Haryoife
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
solaere:
In 1981, he osinbajo was employed as a law lecturer at the University of Lagos, Nigeria. From 1983 to 1986, he was Senior lecturer of Law at the University of Lagos.
he therefore as an asking deputy president of the fg (GCON) should be able to descern the activities of ASUU over the years and should be able to recommend proscription accordingly.
unfortunately he's now useless to us
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sarita01:

For this kind hard time na him I want prepare,the only thing way I go prepare na my tfare way I go use go back,cos no joy now like this
if I tell you my own eh, my own worst, just hoping on God for a miracle, meanwhile na Calabar I dey currently
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
Eje2019:
I have miss feeling about resumption
no be only miss na Mrs cheesy
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Tripleanthony(m): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sarita01:
University of calabar
malabress
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

[s]
I am not saying UNN is insignificant with regards to overall reputation, but with regards to aluta.

As for your last paragraph, don't be so sure. All those notable universities in the Southwest can actually hold those other ones to ransom.

Moreover, there is no ASUU rule to the regard that they need a number of votes to call off strike.

[/s] Ignorant comment.
Go and get yourself exposed and properly informed before disgracing yourself in the public

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Locations Of The Newly-Approved 6 Federal Colleges Of Education / "BTC > BSc": Nigerian Female Student Signs Out In Style From School (Photos) / Uniosun Student’s Ear Bitten Off By Her Roommate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.