Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike (59731 Views)

Universities That Pull Out Of Strike Will Regret Their Actions – ASUU / NANS Reacts To Fg’s Reduction Of Jamb, Neco Fees, Speaks On ASUU Strike / ASUU Announces ‘Conditional Suspension’ Of Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
phantom24:
My Uniuyo is always sitting on d fence when others are acting
check well.
They accepted
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

The rate at which people come here with "authority" to spit out false information is alarming...

He is from OOU Ago-Iwoye

You know google is just at your fingertip o
that guy you quoted is a dumb fellow
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dreamliner787:

Goan call it off next year naw.. ode angry

cheesy cheesy
Easy, bro.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by chaloskyx: 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2020
SACK WHO EMASS YOU DONT HAVE LECTURERS AGAIN IN NIGERIA O ALL OF THEM HAVE IMMIGRATED ITS NOT THE ONES WHO HAVE DECIDED TO STAY YOU WANT TO SACK? FUNNY GUY NA NYSC CORPER THEY GO CALL TO REPLACE THEM DONT WORRY
sinkhole:
imagine, state university wants to continue strike indefinitely embarassed
Ortom should just sack all of them enmass sad by the time hunger mama them for two years they will know the meaning of "meet at middle point"
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sarita01... What's up
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Orestino(m): 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta voted against suspension of the strike
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by duduade: 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2020
Orestino:
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta voted against suspension of the strike

I dropped this information yesterday evening but one person was here asking me for my *source* and concerned about me dropping false information
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

I dropped this information yesterday evening but one person was here asking me for my *source* and concerned about me dropping false information
No answer them so Dem dey do
Finding sauce upandan
Na ketchup be our sauce o
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Dreamliner787(m): 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
Moradeyo95:
the prestigious A.R.E....wbu boss

Fishery and islamic studies (F.I.T) grin
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Orestino(m): 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

grin there are alot of toxic people here on NL. dont let it get to you
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by cooooooks(m): 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
Anything will na audio.

sinkhole:
I don't see OAU's stand as continuation of the strike as most of the demands they stated has or will be met by the FG!
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Matthewdan(m): 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
As far UNICAL accepted the offer there's high chances they'll call it off

3 Likes

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Dreamliner787(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
Haryoife:

No answer them so Dem dey do
Finding sauce upandan
Na ketchup be our sauce o

Howfah.. guy.. do the needful naw.. legit updates never reach you nii?
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Balaxx: 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

No, it is in the University of Ibadan.

Even the current ASUU president is a University of Ibadan professor.

oou University d current chairman
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by phantom24: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
ebenezer202l:
check well. They accepted
ok let me get my glass
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by duduade: 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2020
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by SirWarlock: 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
So the issue was ippis all along grin. Cuz apart from the additional 15bn the FG offered, it's pretty much the same thing the zones are deliberating on. Anyway I hope they do the needful this week.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by bluefilm: 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
Gabbriell:

You don't get the point..
I mean there is no point in giving people bribe to keep mute if the amount of bribe you will give out to achieve it is totalling upto 80% of the actual fund that can settle the issue.

So I didn't say the cannot bribe..ASUU power is not place in the hands of a few individuals (go and learn about how they operate). So if you want to bribe them.. all i can say is good luck .

You don't need to bribe everyone.

That's clearly going to be a waste of resources.

You just need to bribe a SELECTED INFLUENTIAL members of an organization whom you can INFLUENCE with your bribe.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Lionnewman(m): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
ASUU Nasarawa state university chapter accepted and rejected Some of federal government offers!
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by duduade: 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
SirWarlock:
So the issue was ippis all along grin. Cuz apart from the additional 15bn the FG offered, it's pretty much the same the zones are deliberating on. Anyway I hope they do the needful this week.

I doubt.. What I foresee is ASUU chapters New suggestions pulled together based on FGs offer and tabled on Friday.

Then left for FG to see if they can find a way round it
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Gordieshegz(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
sinkhole:
I think if this strike is suspended, Nigerian students should protest against all those Universities that voted for continuation of the strike. Some of those lecturers need to be given "minimal shishi" cheesy

You be oau student
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by flexzy001: 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Lionnewman:
ASUU Nasarawa state university chapter accepted and rejected Some of federal government offers!
This my school na confusion grin
Lionnewman:
This my school na confusion
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by SirWarlock: 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

I doubt.. What I foresee is ASUU chapters New suggestions pulled together based on FGs offer and tabled on Friday.

Then left for FG to see if they can find a way round it
Highly possible. But Ngige is looking forward to just hearing 'we're suspending our industrial action' grin. They could suspend it 'conditionally' tho and threaten to embark again if FG fails to deliver in 1 week grin.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by SirWarlock: 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2020
Haryoife:
#Updated
Tuesday Nov24. 5:00pm
The following institutions have taken their stand on the latest offer issued by FG

1. University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Rejected the offer ❌
2. Federal University Lafia (FULAFIA) Rejected the offer ❌
3. Federal University Dutsin-ma (FUDMA) Accepted the offer ☑️
4. Micheal Okpara University (MOUAU) Accepted the offer ☑️
5. University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Accepted the offer ☑️
6. Benue State University (BSU) Rejected the offer ❌
7. University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Accepted the offer ☑️
8. Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Accepted the offer ☑️
9. Umaru Musa Yaradua University (UMYU) Accepted the offer ☑️
10. University of Calabar (UNICAL) Accepted the offer ☑️
11. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Accepted the offer ☑️
12. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Accepted the offer ☑️
13. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Rejected the offer ❌
14. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) Accepted the offer ☑️
15. Federal University Gusau (FUGUS)☑️
16. Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)☑️
17. University of Lagos (UNILAG) ☑️
18. University of Uyo (UNIUYO) ☑️
19. University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) ☑️
20. ABU ZARIA ☑️
21. University of Ibadan (UI) ☑️
The list will be updated in subsequent reports
#ASUU
Bro you have become the plug for bloggers and micro-blog pages grin grin. Just saw this on someone's WhatsApp grin. On twitter as well grin.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Sarita01(f): 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2020
Tripleanthony:

malabress
Na malabite u be?
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Sarita01(f): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
ebenezer202l:
if I tell you my own eh, my own worst, just hoping on God for a miracle, meanwhile na Calabar I dey currently
Ehya,me dey kd so,and things tight here o,tfare go chop plenty money before we go talk of house rent,but I sure say God no go ever shame us,u dey school for unical or na crutech
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Gabbriell: 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
bluefilm:

You don't need to bribe everyone.

That's clearly going to be a waste of resources.

You just need to bride a SELECTED INFLUENTIAL members of an organization whom you can INFLUENCE with your bribe.

Go and learn about how ASUU operate

Bribe is only useful when given to someone with power. Now when the power is the people (not given to anyone...influential or not). Bribe loses it's purpose.

A University consisting of say 330 lecturers of which 300 are ASUU members. Votes are taking to see those in support or against a motion. same with other public universities.

You as an influential person can not come and tell me blue is black just like that. These are educated people not illitrate. If am to accept blue to be black then money has to change hand...which will result in bribing over 50% members a cross each school.

Again I will say to you; go and learn about how ASUU operate...because if you know this then there is no point arguing except you just wan gist...no be today ASUU and FG don dey go head to head.

NOTE: I admire their system dose not mean I vote for strike to continue...don't get it twisted.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by dunsin125: 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
Igwe29:
No, I only asked because that's where I'm aspiring to study in. Perhaps, my brother is a medical student at EBSU.
I am an aspirant also, what course are you going for and what year is your bro.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by ebenezer202l(f): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sarita01:

Ehya,me dey kd so,and things tight here o,tfare go chop plenty money before we go talk of house rent,but I sure say God no go ever shame us,u dey school for unical or na crutech
I'll drop my email in another thread so you could reach me so we could talk.
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Sarita01(f): 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
ebenezer202l:
I'll drop my email in another thread so you could reach me so we could talk.
No p
Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Rilwayne001: 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
I think FG is ready to fulfill their promises with the below circular sent out to all universities

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On ASUU Review on the suspension of strike by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
Rilwayne001:
I think FG is ready to fulfill their promises with the below circular sent out to all universities
If this is real then
NIGERIA STUDENTS GATHER HERE LETS DO THANKSGIVING

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

FUPRE Lecturer Laments, As Students' Cars Take Over Parking Space (Photo, Video) / Locations Of The Newly-Approved 6 Federal Colleges Of Education / Faith Omodon, Missing Delta Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.